Lost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 18, 2009 on ABC

• One of the series best!!

This episode was seamless and it, like all of season 5 so far, has been able to expand the show by leaps and bounds in terms of epic scale, character progress, and most of all mythology, and still stay true to it's origins. This episode did all that better than anything the show has produced since season one as the set up brilliantly created mystery surrounding the O6's "lost night" before the return to the Island. This will be told in flashbacks as the writers keep all storytelling options they have introduced so far on the table.
    Riveting...I Loved it!
  • The Eye is back :)

Summary on start I can say this episode is good like "This Place is Death" maybe even better but I am not sure, anyway "316" is nice episode. I think everyone knew the "Oceanic Six"( precisely O5 because Aaron don`t back) back to Island in this episode but method how that made was really , really nice :) In "316" fan`s to get a lot of curious situation`s. New station the lantern ? What the hell is with Ben ?? :O Who beating him or with who he has a fight ?? Jin is in Dharma Initiative... rofl. Are we can to overlook Jack is back to the leader when he back on the island ? Of course not he`s made for being on this island. John Locke even when he is death his role in this serial is huge , really now I waiting for his resurrection and of course episode number seven "The life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" :) 10/10

God Bless Lost.
  • Ohhh myy frickin godddd Lost is still the most potent drug!!! simply a 10 out of 10 episode

I didn't have the opportunity to write a review for This place is death (i had a long week last week) but no need, the real credit goes to this weeks installment. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was blown away from the beginning on the island till the end of the episode on the island, and allll that was in between Off the island! too many developments, ms. hawkins continues to intrigue; Ben, jack, hurley, kate and the crew (not enuf sayid this episode) :( all were stellar and i'm more and more hooked by Lost and attached to the characters. That arabic guys gonna be a main character (the one on the plane at the end) he's in Vantage Point with M.Fox and he's also amazing in the Traitor. DESMOND!!!! goo backk!!!! i wonder who and if Ben killed, god i hope its not Penny, but then again it'll make desmond go back for revenge on Ben if thats the case. Sun meets JIn (hopefully) Hurley Ben and Sayid all together LOL and what happened to LOCKE ???(question of the year) Faraday what are you still not telling us??? and Jin with Dharma?!??!?! my heads spinning, i think i need to go out for some smoke :) and digest all of this , Simply put.....a 10 outta 10 episode!!
  • Simply THE reason this show is so captivating and genius!

Okay, here's the deal...I'm clearly a LOST fanatic and the show can barely do any wrong in my mind. Having said that, there have been some seasons, some episodes, that had moments that were kinda boring or useless. Season 5 so far has not had any of these such moments in my opinion. Every single episode has been edge of your seat amazing!

This episode was just fantastic for many reasons, great scene in the church with Daniel's mom, also the "doubting Thomas" scene was an awesome character moment for Jack...but what was so incredible in my mind was how they focused on Jack, the one character who was not conflicted about going back to the Island, in order to create potential flashback intrigue as we go forward. They(writers) brilliantly set up suspense and we now all want to know what happened to Kate and Aaron, how did Hurley arrive at the airport with a guitar when he was in prison? Why is Sayid in handcuffs? What happened to Ben who showed up beaten and bloody? If they had quickly tried to resolve all the issues that the O6 had in finding the personal desire or motivation to get back to the Island, it would have felt forced and it wouldn't have advanced the story as it did. Now the audience is desperate to find out the backstory, which is what makes LOST the amazing story it is...Can't say enough about this episode~~~AWESOME!!
  • Welcome back to the Island.

This episode blew me away, and not because it was so action packed or full of reveals. It blew me away because it brought back the essence of "old" Lost... the character and amazing dialog that defied the first 2 seasons.

I'm glad the writers chose this approach over the "boom boom bang bang" one, which I feared would happen given how fast paced the show has become.

This episode was a joy. Yes, there are seemingly weird stuff in it(suddenly everyone appearing on the plane), but hello... this is Lost. We'll get flashbacks, I'm very sure about that.

Overall I think 316 is on level with "This Place is Death", but is brilliant for different reasons.
  • We have to go BACK.

They got back. I never thought it would happen so quickly. The episode was amazing from start to finish with all the right elements of intensity, drama, mystery and balls-to-the-walls mythology. Where to begin? Tonight we had: a new dharma hatch off the island; the reunion on board the plane; the disappearance Aaron (Kate's line to Jack was historic); the odes to past characters (Marshal, Charlie); the allusion to the pilot episode; Desmond telling it like it is in typical amazing Desmond fashion; Locke's tragic suicide note; the revelation that Locke killed himself... and, oh yeah, they returned to the fraking Island.

The last 10 minutes could have been an episode all by itself but no, the writers gave us so much more. Everything from the exchange at the pendulum to Jack taking his leap of faith, this was vintage LOST. I fear that Penny is dead. I wonder what happened to Aaron. I am suspicious as to Ben's full role behind puppeteering Sayid, Hurley and Sun's decisions to board the plane. Why did Hurley have the guitar? Why was Sayid with an Air Marshal? Lapidus was the pilot! We're not going to Guam, are we?

Ms. Hawking told Desmond that the Island isn't finished with him yet and he said that he was finished with the Island. Ben told Jack that he was sidetracked and Kate told Jack that she'd go back so long as he never asked about Aaron again. So much was said but perhaps Jack said it best in season 3 when he said we have to go back.

They're back.
  • Even with the Constant. I'm still trying to figure out which one I like more.

This episode had an epic feeling to it. The return of the castaways...epic.

Jack, Kate, Sun, Ben, Hurley, Sayid, and Lapidus all return to island...Caeser and Ilana...well it's there first time, I'm assuming. Jate strengthened a lot in this episode. I'm not a big jate or skate fan...but if I had to choose which man it would be Sawyer. I'm not sure why, no offense Jate fans, either or is great.

Kate and Aaron - What the hell happened to Aaron! A question that I hope is resolved in LaFleur - A Sawyer-centric, and I'm almost certain it will.

What happened to Ben? Why is he bloody? Who was he running from? How is Hurley out of jail? Both questions I'm wondering, and I have a deep feeling in my stomach that they connect somehow.

Sun and Jin reuinon will be epic, as well as the Kate and Sawyer reuinon - if she will even care...

Hurley. He has nobody to look forward to, really...sadly...maybe Sawyer...maybe Jin?

Overall this episode gets an 11/10!!!
  • The gang goes back to the island!

Just when I thought that Lost couldn't get any better, they come up with an amazing episode. We all know that they are going to go back to the island - but they way they put it together is brilliant. Each character has their own different reason for being on that plane and I'm sure we'll be told in future episodes in "flash-back" type episodes, like we had in the first seasons.

We were told that the situation on this plane needed to be similar to what it was on the first plane that crashed.
    These are the similarities I noted:
    1) The most obvious, Jack's father's shoes inside a coffin
    2) A guitar (Charlie had it in the first crash - now Hugo has one)
    3) A prisoner and an FBI agent (And I'm sure a suitcase was there)(one male and one female)
    And I'm sure there were others.

Of the people that were supposed to be there, but weren't seen on the plane: only Aaron. Desmond was never on the plane although that doesn't explain why Lupitas was the pilot for this flight.

I'm sure we'll find out what happened to them before the end of the season. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season - it's been fantastic so far.
  • Powerful episode where the oceanic 6 finally get back to the island.

Although I am itching to know what's going on with the folks who were left on the island, this almost entirely off-island episode was very exciting and intriguing. Eloise was really creepy and powerful, the way she persuaded Jack what he had to do. Of course once they got back things were never going to be straightforward. The fact that Aaron did not appear to be on the flight must have repercussions for the whole plot, though. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens when the whole group is reunited again. The next episode should be absolutely fantastic.
  • Victory Is Mine!

I have come to this site week in and week out for the last five weeks writing reviews that I knew were going to get smashed. "This Place Is Death" got an amazing 4 Thumbs Up and 40 Thumbs Down. "The Little Price" got 3 Thumbs Up and 27 Thumbs Down. This week - I don't think I'll have any problems with the Thumbs Down. I loved this episode from start to finish. This was the episode I was waiting for. I have been critical of the first couple of episodes of this season but this episode had everything in it that I love about Lost. They have established that they are going to go back to a flashback formula - which is amazing to me! Hurley comes out of nowhere and wants to go back to the island. Kate somehow shows up without Aaron and then wants to go to the island. Ben gets the crap kicked out of him, but still gets to the island. Sayid is arrested and is on the plane back to the island. I count at least four flashbacks in that group. Not to mention that the plane crash is sure to have some survivors that we will be introduced to. Maybe? The plane went back in time so it will be interesting to see what happens to the rest of the survivors that weren't on the island before. It seems they were dropping us some hints with the guy that Jack bumped into and who Hurley told to put his seatbelt on. I think he might be apart of the show now. The establishing of mysteries really made this episode standout and the beginning of the episode was also really well done. Hawking explains everything to Sun, Jack, Ben, and Desmond. These scenes were really long, descriptive, and we got some answers. I loved the "That's why they call it a leap of faith" line delivered by Hawking. The only "whatever" part of the episode was the four minute long scene between Jack and his Grandfather. Some people have said that they thought it was cool to meet more of Jack's family, I never really thought I would meet any of them so I would have prefered Jack going back to his apartmennt, finding the shoes and then discovering Kate. Thus giving us a couple of extra minutes. But I mean if one scene is all I'm complaining about then I'm a very happy person. Great episode, loved every minute of it.
  • Why is LOST the best show on television. oh my gosh how awesome was this episode?? so much has happened. they are back! they are Finally BACK

This is episode was great I enjoyed every single part of it. how very unexpecting who ever thought that they are gonna be back on the island on this episode. Anywways that doesnt matter it was just perfect.

But so many questions are running in my mind. Like how does faraday mother knows soo much? what did jacks dad mean about the letter? what made the plane crash? (lol i still dont get that) are there any other survivors of the plane? why was Jin wearing Dharma Initiative?

But as of now all i can say is why on gods green earth is lost able to amaze me every single episode with glorious revelations of men, women and planes?
  • First episode of Season 5 to get a 10 from ME! That was GREAT!!!!

Wow, what can I say? I am still not over how amazing this episode was. I don't know what to say. It was simply amazing.

Ms. Hawking scenes were excellent. Love the way she looks and talks, fits perfectly to Lost. But some of the things never got answers to which was disappointing but not all that noticeable next to the great story lines: like how the heck did Hurley get out of the nut house and knew about the plane? lol! I guess we might get the answer in the next few weeks.

What I loved especially was Jack waking up in the jungle with his big lovely eyes on the screen - such a dejavu. I felt like I was watching the pilot. I wonder what really happened to them? The plane couldn't have crashed. They didn't even get a strach on themselves. When they were close to the island, they obviously, as we saw, flashed through time and landed on the island.

The most anticipating story line of this season is next week's episode. Can't wait! I will miss the Oceanic 6. They'll probably reunite with the whole gang (Sawyer, Juliet, vs...) in the 8th episode. :)

2 thumbs up to the greatest lost season EVER!!! :)
  • Wow

Amazing! One of the best episodes ever! Wow. I have no idea what to even write. but i sure hope Ben is not dead! and Im kinda mad locke is still alive, but whatever ill live. i cant wait till next week! This season will be amazing. does anyone think that they will live among the dharma initiative for the rest of the season? and they cant go all the way back to the proper time till they somehow get desmond to help? who beat up desmond? what happened to aaron? where is everyone else? so good! omg omg omg
  • The Oceanic Six learn that they must return to the island to save their friends and find the way that they must do it.

This episode did what "Lost" has often done best. Answer a few questions while bringing up about 20 new ones. It's the love and frustration that this show brings out in its many faithful and this episode was one of the biggest examples of that. An entire episode based off of the island, focused on the Oceanic Six and their associates, a story that left so many threads out that the questions just pile up. They may not be series-shaking questions (except maybe where Aaron is and whether Ben was bloody because he fulfilled his previous promise to Widmore, please no!) It's been a strong season for Lost, even with an entirely new format and set up. This episode easily continued that with its numerous twists and turns and from the looks of things, next week's episode may be just as good if not better. My only problem with the preview? Spoiler Warning Spoiler Warning SPOILER WARNING: Why oh why oh why did they have to spoil that JL has risen back from the dead? Thanks a bunch abc.
  • THAT was amazing!

lost is the best and most creative show that has ever been on television. THis season is yet another example of fine acting, writing etc. In the episode 316 Jack gets an amazing letter from Locke and Ben quite possibly has killed someone. 316 brings all of the oceanic 6 back together finally and they also have an old friend back in Frank Lapidus. They are all finally back to the island thanks to eloise and ben in which is where they are found by Jin in a Dharma initiative outfit. I absolutely love lost and cannot await next weeks episode!
  • Some character development, and loads of questions...

After a hectic few episodes, the storyline and twists and turns seemed to take over this show, however this episode gave us some much needed character development for the Oceanic Six and the character of Jack - and let me just say, I haven't respected his character this much in a very long time.

This episode was also the first this season to hit us with a large array of questions: How did everyone end up on the plane? What happened to Aaron? Why was Ben bloody? Why was Sayid being escorted onto the plane? While I like the answers this season has been given us, the endless questions and mysteries are what makes the show unmissable and completely different from everything else on TV at the moment. I'm hoping that these mysteries were introduced for future flashback material, which will be utilised again now that the O6 are back on the island. Seeing Jin on the island, after what seems like assimilation with the Dharma Initiative, was a great cliffhanger and really gave us an idea of what the rest of the season will be like. The show is heading back to basics, however it is in a completely different place. I'm really impressed.
  • 316 Review

Episode six of Lost's season 5 is a excellent episode it is what I have been waiting for, for a while a character driven episode that didn't disappoint. "316" was a Jack centric episode I have to say Jack episodes are always great there is always a lot of character development in them and they are very entertaining to watch, Jack isn't the best character on the show but his episode are always good.

Some scenes in this episode where awesome, I loved the part where Desmond flipped out and yelled at Mrs Hawking. I loved the scene where Jack was putting the shoes on Locke's corpse and I thought it was really creepy when the Letter somehow got back to Jack, did Jack resurrect Locke who knows? One of the main things about this episode was the question of how all the Oceanic Six manage to change there mind and come back, who told Hurley and Sayid? What happened to Ben? What happened to Aaron? Where is Desmond? Why is Sayid with a US Marshall? Loads of questions that I want answering, I'm also looking forward to seeing everyones reactions to everyone coming back.

This episode is sure to set up future episodes and it is about time we got character development. I can't wait for more. Next weeks is said to be even better.

9.5 out of 10.
  • Do they really return? If so, how? That's for you to see, in this wonderful episode that is '316'.

It's pretty amazing how, lately in this show, almost every episode leaves me with a sense of 'there's no way they can top that', but somehow they (almost) always do. This episode was no exception. From the beginning, it gives you a bit of a slap in the face to make sure you stay focused for what's to come. Because you'll need it. I admit that, this season, Lost is becoming quite hard to follow. But it's worth the effort once you really get into it. It doesn't give as much answers as one would hope, but I feel like it gives us enough. After this very episode, I am intellectually satisfied while, at the same time, the sense of thrill keeps me going. And that's what Lost really always has been about to me. Yes, we want answers, but, in the meantime, we go on this wonderful and crazy journey to a place we've never thought of before. That's enough for me at this time. And '316' lived up to that purpose.
  • An episode full of revelations that finishes with the best cliffhanger ever!.

Just when you thought LOST would not surprise you to the point of jaw dropping, here it comes the new episode in which we learn so many stuff that we can barely digest it.

First of all, the magnificent room in which the Dharma Iniciative learns where to find the island, which is one of the best moments of the episode, includes this big pendulum, map on the floor (remember Lex Luthor's headquarters?) and a lot of nonsense formulas al over the place.

And of course, the way the Island makes everybody be on that plane to crash again there, and the appearance of Lapidus piloting the very plane in which they are supposed to go back to the Island.

One thing is not very well explained, and under my opinion this is quite risky for the writers, Where is Aaron?, the decision made by Kate to return to the Island is most likely that Ben made her go to save Aaron in some way, but looks like the writers needed to justify Kate going in the plane and they didn't come up with a simple answer that will be explained later, I just hope it will be an interesting one.

Finally, the best cliffhanger ever seen in the show is presented in the form of Jin dressed as a Dharma Initiative member is just AWESOME!. I cannot wait for the next episode to be on air next Wednesday.
  • "I wish you had believed in me"...

Im' still in shock with last night episode, i must say that it was amazing!! We found out how are they going to get back to the island. We learn about a Dharma station called the lamppost which purpose is connected to the island location. There is a scene with Kate in the bed which was awesome OMG i WAnT TO KNOW
    what happened to Aaron NOW!! its like he has a mayor destiny so his life is very complicated! Kate, Hurley, why exactly they decided to go back. and who forced Sayid by handcuffs to go back. Everything happened in so little time!!
    And finally Ben !! Ben wanted to go back but before that he wanted to acomplish a promise with an old friend? i hope he didnt! PENNY!!!!! and well the end is way too awesome!! Questions unanswered: Desmond? Walt? where are they?, What was the promise Sawyer made to Kate? How much time has it passed in the island since they got out? Why Jin is in a Dharma costume?
  • The Oceanic 6 find out how to get back to the island.

Let me just start off by saying that all things considered, I absolutely loved this episode. I think that this episode was definitely one of the best episodes ever of Lost. This was also definitely one of the most exciting episodes ever of Lost too. I absolutely did not expect for them to actually get back to the island in this episode. I was really surprised that they got back to the island in this episode. I didn't see that coming at all. I thought that this episode raised a lot of really interesting questions about how the Oceanic 6 all ended up on the same plane, and I hope that the writer's plan on answering them in episodes later on in the season. All in all, I thought that this was an extremely well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I can't wait to see the next episode of Lost.
  • My first perfect 10 for a season 5 episode. I cannot believe that this show can actually get better every week.

What can I say? This has got to be my favorite episode since The Constant, maybe even better. We get more answers in this one than I think we've ever gotten in a single episode. Jack is finally starting to believe, and somehow almost all the original people who left end up on 316. When clean-shaven Lapidus stepped out and said "We're not going to Guam, are we?", I actually got giddy with excitement and almost felt like pumping my fist. Overall, this episode brought back that same fascination I felt in season 1, and it feels good to have everyone back together on the Island.
  • All hats down.. The very best LOST hour since Walkabout..

I cant wrap my head around this episode enough on how much it rocked!
    Me and my friends literally sat on the edge of our seats the whole time and sometimes reminding ourselves on how much we love this show!

They have been setting up for this moment since the season finale in season 3..
    And while the episode was like THE christmas gifts of LOST answers/mysteries, opened all at once, it certainly functioned as a new pilot episode for a new chapter in the LOST saga.

New exciting mysteries:

Where are Aaron and Ji Yeon?
    Why is Ben all messed up?
    How did Hurley know about the 316 flight?
    Why are Sayid handcuffed with that woman?
    How did they get on the island/What was that white light?
    Where have Ben, Sayid, Sun, Frank and dead Locke landed on the island?
    Where are the plane and the other passengers?
    Why are Jin in a dharma suit??

I love where this story is heading, and I cant wait to find out!
    Flashforward to next week please... ;P
  • Welcome to the island !Population:Unknown.Time:Unknown.

It's difficult for me to write this review cause I am speachless.I can't seem to understand how can every Lost episode be better than the last one.This season is awesome and we are not even on the half of it. In the end every Oceanic Six (except Aaron) and Ben end up in the plane to Guam or maybe to a much more scary place : the island. I liked the idea of the similarity to the 815 flight.Sayid took Kate's place as a prisoner , Hugo took a guitar (maybe Charlie's) and Locke was the dead man instead of doctor Shepard oh and Frank Lapidus is the pilot.
  • This is LOST at its best. A good mix of questions, answers, and a nice amount of character development!

Jack episodes have always been the heart and soul of LOST. Last season's "Something Nice Back Home" was primarily a relationship-based episode, disappointing, but tonight's installment had a little bit of everything. I've most enjoyed the on-island storyline and time-jumping all season, but I didn't even miss Sawyer and Daniel in tonight's story.

316 starts with Kate, Jack, and Hurley back on the island. Seeing Jack wake up in the jungle the same way he did in the Pilot was thrilling and really exciting. It had this unusual sense of nostalgia and repetition, and just confirmed for me that the universe really DOES have a way of course-correcting. Things on this show happen again and again, and this episode was no mistake.

The episode then jumps back a day and a half, the only time shift in the episode. The scenes in the Looking Glass were great, both because of the obvious Narnia reference and Henry Ian Cusick's wonderful Desmond. Desmond will definitely make it back to the island, but it's cool to see that his character has again been pushed to the edge of his own sanity.

The pendulum scenes provided several answers, including that there are many pockets of energy around the world. We've suspected this, and Isaac of Uluru mentioned it in "S.O.S." We can probably assume that the Tunisian desert is another one of these pockets. Hawking is a great character, and continues to retain complete ambiguity, even when presented opposite math and science.

Jack's journey to his grandfather seemed awkward, but was some good character development for Dr. Shephard. No matter where Jack goes, the island will follow him: presenting his father's shoes, returning Locke's suicide note. He has been confronted with odd coincidences for four and a half seasons, so it's nice to finally see him accept the idea of fate and embrace his belief that he will return to the island.

The romance scenes... eh. Perhaps the character who most exemplifies constant repetition in the series is Kate. Where all the other characters end up in much the same place at the end of their journey, they manage to change. Jack has found faith, and wakes up again on the island. Hurley comes to terms with his sanity, but is still the morally strong, good-hearted Hurley we know and love. Kate is stagnant, though. She abandons Aaron and chooses to run away again. Kate's character is honestly in the same place she was five seasons ago: torn between Jack and Sawyer, the most lost of all the survivors. I'm hoping that the writers have a redemptive story for Kate in the show's fifth or sixth season, but right now she continues to be the same Kate I've never liked.

The scenes in the airport were absolutely beautifully done. The writing, direction, and music all combined to just create this eerie feeling of mystery, but I couldn't stop laughing. Hurley reading a comic book and buying dozens of plane seats. Sayid's looks of obvious surprise and resignation. Ben's rush to the plane, and Frank's sudden announcement over the intercom. These stories will all obviously be told through flashbacks, and I can't wait for a return to that format.

Seeing Jin drive up in the Dharma van, along with Daniel's presence in the Orchid earlier this season, suggests that our on-island survivors are left in the 1970s. Can't wait for the rest of the season!
  • Another Lost episode, and once again it is another good one.

With 316, the Oceanic Six return to the island. The episode starts with Jack, Hurley and Kate being there and then flashes back to the moment that ended last weeks episode, and explains how the group ended up returning to the island. Some issues are unresolved, like how Sayid, Kate, and Hurley ended up taking that flight, but this is vintage Lost, and I am sure we will get those questions answered as the season goes on.

With that said, I liked this episode. We got an explanation of how the Island was discovered without giving too much away. It seems that it was found in 1954 if I saw the date correctly. Faraday's mother, I can't remember her name, seems almost as creepy as Ben, and I have a feeling there is more then meets the eye with the two of them. Ben as usual is as sneaky as ever and still one of the best actors on the series.

Why did Kate show up at Jack's and decide to go back? Why was Sayid a prisoner and being taken on the flight? How did Hurley find out, and why was he there? THese are all good questions, but the one I'm wondering most about is why was Kate found crying on Jack's bed and where was Aaron? I can't wait to find out.

The episode ends on a nice cliffhanger with Jin showing up with a weapon and looking at Hurley, Kate, and Jack standing in the water. Sun, Ben, and Sayid are nowhere to be found. More questions, and next week we're going to find out how Locke got off the island and what led to his death. THis season is just as good as last season, and it's looking as if it will be much better, but damn all the questions. THen again, it wouldn't be Lost.
  • Best lost episode ever

Best lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode ever
  • Destiny, coursecorrecting... agaist Ben's ego.

Amazing episode which reminds everyone, why we're watching LOST all these years. The scenario is great. The way LOST goes on... makes the expected, to be unexpected.

In the end we saw Jin in Dharma bus, and he was wearing Dharma uniform. I said "WTF?" but then i realised that we are at 2008 and the island is still flashing. Maybe during a flash that we haven't seen, Jin found the bus and the uniform, and carried the items with him... in the same way Locke carried the compass, and Faradey carried the Zodiac.

Im this episode... we learned a little more about the significancy of Locke's transition. Locke who is wearing Christian's shoes, is a coursecorrecting, unless Ben did something we don't know when Ajira employees checked the coffin. Ben looks so calm in the airplane, and i don't think he's been given up to destiny. Maybe he has prepared something for his own good, and he'll f*ck up the plan once more :)

We have 28 episodes till the end, and many twists to come.

For example the new passenger... who is he? Surely not a simple traveller!

A big 10 from me
  • The Oceanic 6 make their way back to the island in the same manner they originally got there with Ben and a dead Locke to accompany them.

While I think this was a great episode filled with a lot of unanswered questions, but the one that is really bugging me is this, it only took 6 episodes for them to return to the island?

That being said, what a great episode. So Eloise explains how the Dharma Initiative came to find the island and that it is constantly moving. This answers the question that despite all his money and power it took Charles Widmore over 50 years to find the island after he left. Now what I really want to know is how and why Charles left? Eloise did have a special mission for Jack, involving his mysterious father and the now dead John Locke. Desmond, ever the skeptic was not buying that he also needed to return with the Oceanic 6, but Eloise was very firm in saying that the island still had plans for him.

Jack's task involved getting a personal object from his father and putting it on John's body. So he visited his grandfather and found that the shoes he refused to put on his father's body three years ago had made their way to his grandfather, and Jack politely asked him if he could have them. It was here that I was waiting for Ray to say something to him, if only he knew something if he just said, Jack you shouldn't go back there. This makes me believe that Christian is definitely dead and that he is simply a host for a greater force on the island.

This episode also teased us with a great romantic scene between Jack and Kate. Kate, after giving Aaron to someone, her mom, his biological grandmother, or her adoptive father, shows up at Jack's apartment and says in what in my opinion was her best line of the series "I'll go back with you, but you have to promise me to never ask where he is" or something like that, it was pretty powerful. So she spends the night, and then agrees to meet him at the airport.

Ajira, now come on they are flying the same airline that the attackers that attacked Locke, Sawyer, Juliet, Daniel, Miles, and Charlotte had water bottles from, not really sure if they are related, but they were in that spoiler video for a split second, I can't see that this will be the last we will see of this airline. Ajira 316 flies over where and when the island should be so that they can back. So there were some similarities between Oceanic 815 and Ajira 316;
    A fugitive, Kate on 815, Sayid on 316, my guess is Ben turned him in for all the murders he had him committ.

A guy with a guitar, Charlie on 815, Hurley on 316, this was just touching.

A dead man who enjoyed a complicated relationship with Jack, Christian on 815, and John on 316.

Then there was Frank Lapidus, who was supposed to fly 815 is now flying 316, that cannot be a coincidence. Then came the awkward conversation between Jack and Ben, at this point the plane had been flying for awhile and nothing had happened yet. I did some mapping and if you flew from Los Angeles to Hawaii and kept going you would be pretty close to Guam, nothing but ocean, so Jack asked Ben just exactly what was supposed to happen, and Ben with his great wit replied that he did not get to stay after class with Ms. Hawking. There was also the great line and lie;
    Jack: How can you read?
    Ben: My mother taught me.

Of course Ben's mother did not really have time to teach him anything, since she died about five minutes after he was born. They then continued to talk about John and his dealings after moving the island, and then Jack read the letter and well the plane started shaking and then just like after 815 Jack woke up on the island off shore in a suit. He found Hurley and Kate, but no sign of the plane, and then the infamous van shows up and Jin walks out.

This was an interesting episode, while I enjoyed the actions of Jack and Kate, and Ben's mysterious butt kicking, and the fact that 5 of the 6 made it on the plane, i am still confused that they returned so early in the season.
  • The gang finally make it back to the island. I am glad they didn't keep us hanging with this until near the end of the series

The gang finally make it back to the island. I am glad they didn't keep us hanging with this until near the end of the series. This was an excellent episode in true lost style as it explained some parts, left us on a cliff hanger and had us all sitting there wondering "How did that happen?" Namely how did Saeed and Hurley end up on the plane that took them back to the Island. Also where were the others who journeyed back as we only saw three. Also when did Jins hair get so long. Jin I have to say is my favorite character in the whole show. I like him because his motives are simple. He just wants to make his family safe. His wry smile at the end when he found Jack, Kate and Hurley back on the island was brilliant. I didn't think they would kill him off last season and I was happily proved right. I love this programme. I love the twists and turns and the fact when you think you have it all figured out they do something else. I stuck through this programme through a bit of a lull during seasons two and three and I am so glad I did as I feel like I am being rewarded now!! Keep going I cannot wait to see how this show ends even though part of me doesn't want it to.
< 1 2