Lost

Cabin Fever

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 08, 2008 on ABC

• I have to go back.......and watch this again.

This awesome Lost installment has it all with hidden clues, mysterious visits, a few tests of faith, some deaths and a long awaited return to a certain cabin... Locke, Ben and Hurley set out to find Jacob's bachelor pad and Locke is given startling information on what he must do to protect the island from the freighterinos. Meanwhile on the freighter, things are getting tense as the mercenaries embark to commence the island bloodbath even if they must torture and murder to make it happen. This episode is clearly split in two; the laughs and mysteries being in the Locke, Ben, Hurley half with the action and suspense located on the freighter. The thing that doesn't belong are Locke's flashbacks which really don't seem to contain any of the above elements that would make it memorable even though Richard's un - aging ability raises a few eyebrows.

If anything, this episode is an elaborate drum roll to the epic finale which comes next and believe me, once you've seen the ending, next week can't come soon enough.

With this episode we say an abrupt "goodbye" to Dr. Ray and Captain Gault who are both killed by a visibly cold - blooded Keamy. Despite having the acting range of a tree; Keamy is the most evil character seen on Lost ever and we can't help but pray for the island inhabitants since he is leading the team who are en route to the island with the motivation to kill.

We also say two surprised "hellos" to Horace Goodspeed and Michael Abaddon, these two shady personalities are seen by Locke that offer advice to him but also raises questions.

I must express my disappointment surrounding Locke, Terry O'Quinn won a well - deserved Emmy for blowing us away last season but here he just seems asleep and hits all the obvious buttons. If my review makes little sense to the Lost rookies it reflects the actual show that has passed the setup point and is getting into the meat of the good-versus-evil battle and the voyage to find a way home, only time will provide the answers and outcomes.