Lost

Cabin Fever

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 08, 2008 on ABC

• A episode that can be great or good, with good setups, a imcomplete FB or without meaning yet and a interesting mini Adventure that ends up with a intriguing and vague ending.

Plot Details/Objective -» Locke is the remaining character to be explored as the Main character in this episode before the season finale. This make things more difficult, because all about Locke was explored before in his past. But the Writers tried to tie with everything they could. Take for example Richard sudden appearance when Locke was born, why? This is a answer only for season 5 or 6. Even when Richard visited Locke, this is only a setup to explain more later. The last scene tried to make sense with Locke desire to be…….and that man that appeared for Hugo, he was with Locke before, and this feel forced, but we will see why he appeared in this flashback in the next season.

What I Like/Disliked -» I didn´t appreciate Locke editing flashbacks, It seemed not only forced some scene that tried to tie with the next two seasons, but the fact that you don´t have time to really appreciate none character development or any explanation. Like I predicted that was Christian that would talk with Locke and the writers managed to hide the secrets of the Island, because they are in a hurry. The ending was Lost Typical ending that I appreciate.

Overall:

Presentation -» (7/10). What was good at the presentation was the freighter situation, simply started to be interesting.

Complication Phase -» (8/10). Locke trying to find Jacob Cabin. The FB don´t enter here, The situation on the Freighter was more interesting.

Climax -» (8/10). The freighter situation with some deaths was more intense than any other scenes there. When Locke arrived and enter the Cabin was nice too, but nothing superb here.

Cliffhanger/Ending -» (9/10). The type of ending that only Lost can deliver, strange, vague and mysterious.

Flashbacks -» (6/10). Nothing good here, because I can´t see the connection here. The details was nothing more than a tied technique, the more powerful technique that every writers has. Until the next season explain two scenes there, I stick with my rating.

Time and Scenes Management -» (9/10). The Locke´s FB was something that will have meaning more later, can´t say that all the scenes was for nothing. Locke mini adventure was intriguing as usual and the freighter scenes were intense.

Dialogues -» (9/10). The usual dialogues quality of Lost.

Action /Adventure -» (8/10). A mini adventure that ends with a intriguing and vague mission.

Drama/Emotions -» Didn´t notice any type of drama here.

Suspense/Tension -» (8/10). The freighter had some good scenes filled with tension.

Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» (8/10). The usual good quality, nothing great here, until the confusing and vague ending mission.

Surprise/Twists -» (8/10). The ending, Claire appearance and Richard and that strange man being in Locke Flashback.

The FB seemed forced, the writers used the tie technique, putting some characters that we already know in Locke FB. The freighter plot is nothing more but a setup and Locke adventure ended the way everyone could expect, vague and intriguing. This episode is great, but can feel incomplete, but overall at least is a good episode.