A Lost Community
ABC (ended 2010)

Fun fact: you can order episodes by user rating on any episode guide on TV.com! Interested in which episodes are the best of a show? Or which episodes to check out if you can’t watch the entire series? Head over to any episode guide and choose RATING in the order by section:

Lost was such a special show to so many users so this seemed like the perfect type of show to analyse. Let’s revisit the show everyone loved to love (and hate!) and see which episodes were most popular with the TV.com users.

If you’re one of those crazy I-still-haven’t-watched-Lost-yet type of people, go elsewhere. I will spoil things. Come on, it’s been three and a half years. Watch it, already!

10. Lockdown (Season 2, Episode 17)

In this episode it is revealed that Henry Gale just isn’t who he claims to be (no duh!), setting up a good portion of the rest of the series.

Image credit

9. The Man from Tallahassee (Season 3, Episode 13)
The submarine explodes! Their only hope! It’s just not that easy to get off this island, huh?

8. The Man Behind the Curtain (Season 3, Episode 20)
JACOB’S CABIN! Need I say more? That scene was so creepy. Also this (wait, that’s Richard, isn’t it?):

7. Ab Aeterno (Season 6, Episode 9)

We learn a little about Richard Alpert (but still not why he wears so much eyeliner!), the Man in Black, and Jacob.

Image credit

6. Exodus (Parts 2 & 3) (Season 1, Episode 24 & 25)
Although this was part of a three-parter episode, Part 1 did not make it onto the top 10 list. Remember the scene where Arzt blows himself up with the dynamite? Yeah, that.

Image credit

5. The Shape of Things to Come (Season 4, Episode 9)
Ben’s daughter is executed. Ben reacts, but only briefly. Yikes. This episode coincided with the Writers Guild of America strike and fans were excited to have the show back after the delays.

4. There’s No Place Like Home Parts 2 & 3 (Season 4, Episode 13 & 14)

Part 1 aired two weeks prior, and didn’t appear in the top 10 list at all, so I’m leaving that one out of this discussion. Ben pushes the wheel to move the island. Major WTF moment in Lost history. Oh, & Locke is dead? Woah.

Image credit

3. Live Together, Die Alone (Season 2, Episode 23 & 24)
A two-parter, with both parts in the top 10. Combining into one entry to make things simple. We learn how Desmond ended up on the Island (and who wasn’t wondering that since we first met him!!) and learns what may have caused Oceanic 815 to crash on the island.

Image credit

2. The Constant (Season 4, Episode 5)
Damon Lindelof has been known to say that this episode is one of the most important in relation to explaining the rules of time travel and how it works in the LOST universe. Also, cue the tears:

1. Through the Looking Glass (Season 3, Episode 22 & 23)

Since both parts of this double episode were on the list, I’m going to combine them for ease. TWIST ALERT! We are now seeing flashforwards, not flashbacks! So they must GET OFF THE ISLAND! Right? Wait...right?

This season 3 finale was definitely a memorable one in more ways than one. Charlie’s heroics to save Desmond from drowning in The Looking Glass had everyone worldwide tearing up. Oh and Desmond? It’s not Penny’s boat.

Image credit

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/23/2010

Season 6 : Episode 17

67 Comments
Comments (80)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Ji-Yeon is definitely my favorite episode. The end scene where Sun is kneeling at Jin's grave was SO powerful.
Flag
Amazing how everyone didn't like lost after seasons 1 & 2, yet so many of the best episodes are from 345 n even 6.
Flag
ok, "the constant" is definitely one of the few episodes of a television show that i remember by name.

but how about season 4, episode 7 "ji-yeon"?
- dang! that surprise at the end of the episode when it dawns on the viewer they've been watching a flash to two DIFFERENT timelines (flashback and a flash-forward) rather than just one! according to lostpedia "This is the only episode of the series that features more than one kind of flash. Other episodes of the series featured either flashbacks, multi-centric flashbacks, flash-forwards, multi-centric flash-forwards, flash-sideways, or multi-centric flash-sideways."
- according to jorge garcia (hurley): (before the premiere of the fourth season) "As shocking as these scripts have been for us nothing as shocked us more than the end of episode 7 (of season four)" (http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/2007/10/quick-shoot-ot-la.html)
- and goodnes! maybe because i know a little korean but, yun-jin kim's (sun) delivery of those lines "i miss you" in korean...shoot! there was a lot of stuff that got into my eyes at that moment. no wonder they created a character just for her based on her audition for the part of kate!

oh yes, speaking of kate, the "what kate did" episode was certainly another memorable (season 2, episode 9) one i remember by name. but probably the first most amazing turn, that gave me the utmost respect for evangeline lily's acting chops, was her flashback to the bank robbery scene in "whatever the case may be" (season 1, episode 12). she got me good!
More+
Flag
My favourite episode of Lost has to be 'The Constant'. One of the best hours of television.
Flag
One of my favorites is S01E18 "Numbers". After watching all that creepy stuff about them, we see them printed on the hatch at the very end of the episode. I almost fell from my sofa!
Flag
ive rewatched games of thrones, orange is the new black, desperate housewive, greys anatomy (all for once) and FRIENDS (all season) for the 6th times..
i never rewatched LOST because i dont want to get sick again..am i not doing a justice for Lost guys?
Flag
ALL excellent choices, make me want to watch it ALL again....THEN i remember the finale and like Amy Winehouse i go no,no,no.

And yes i like putting words in caps :)
Flag
I'm telling you, the Constant was mind boggling. It's better than most movies out there.
Flag
No. Just, no. I spent such a long time getting over lost and regaining my sanity. I REFUSE to partake in this! "Lost" will not suck me in again!

.... well just to add quickly. I still can't get over when that damn island disappeared. I remember my brain exploding and me just left a blubering mess wondering if this was legal.
Flag
Season 4 is easily the best.
Flag
Actually it's easily the 2nd worst season, after Season 6.
Flag
I lloved time travel the best, but the flashforwards were pretty amazing as we were trying to figure out the Oceanic 5.
Flag
I stopped watching season 6 couple years ago, and never bothered finishing it. Should i Watch the final 10 or so episoded of the finale season?
Flag
Staff
A lot of people didn't like the finale but if you were a fan I tend to vote that you should finish it up. Only 10 more eps!
Flag
I still cry with the series finale of Lost as much as I cried with The Red Wedding on Game of Thrones.

I don't know that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I cry all the same.
Flag
Can't listen to Oasis' Wonderwall without thinking of Charlie and Desmondo. WAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT. To this day I'll still find someone randomly shouting that haha.
Flag
Before LOST I watched TV but with LOST - I lived and breathed it!
I didn't think a television show (fucking TELEVISION! WTF?) could have such an impact on my life! I laughed, I cried, I loved and I'm a better person because of it!
Best TV show of all time. That is all! LOST changed television (and my life) forever!
Flag
Staff
Right? I feel the same way.
Flag
I cried sooo much when Charlie died
Flag
Staff
Yeah, that was SO upsetting. I wasn't prepared for that twist.
Flag
It ripped me apart, Charlie was my Ned Stark before I even knew what a Ned Stark was.

Not even the flashsideways and Desmond naming his son after him could ease the pain.
Flag
And then, two seasons later: Daniel Faraday.

(He was my Robb Stark before I even knew what a Robb Stark was)
Flag
i wonder who is your jon snow , the great queen khaleesi dhaenarys, and the survivor arya stark will be?
Flag
Jack, Danielle Roussau and Claire Littleton respectively.
Flag
Charlie and Claire and the baby it was so lovely... so sad
I had to Google Ned Stark an Robb Stark ;) haha Im not watching Game of Thrones
Flag
At least Claire and Charlie got to sorta consummate what they had (they knew where they were standing). I still can't get over the fact that all that Daniel and Charlotte got to have was this

Flag
I love Lost I would have too many favorites to pick.Like someone else said it changed the way I watched TV.It is my favorite series ever,there will never be another Lost.
Flag
And, one more time, for old times sake: Waaaaaaaaaalt!!!
Flag
Awesome list. I'm glad people are still writing about Lost.
Flag
To be fair, it changed television as I knew it.

Now I cringe whenever I see an undeveloped character (I don't care if it's not the lead, as long as its part of the story I want to see what makes it tick.
Flag
The Constat and Ab Aeterno have always been a perfect tie for my number one favorite episode

Its great to see them in this list!
Flag
Staff
Agreed. Both great episodes.
Flag
s03e01! first episode of season 3 was my favorite! Seeing Juliet being good and vulnerable, getting herself ready while listening to "downtown". and the scene while we see the crash from the island...! wow!
Flag
Got to agree with the constant, but so many great moments. The cold starts , Desmond waking up and making breakfast, washing and Juliette baking cakes- book clubs! Hurley been chased by cops, to the brilliant finales "we have to go back" and "were the good guys michael" and the Jeremy Bentham reveal. Credit also to the music score throughout. Making me feel nostalgic, for me 6 years of tv gold. Also I for one thought the ending was very well done
Flag
God ! i miss this fu**ing show very much !! It was really the best ride i have even that there was a high points 'The Constant , All of Season Finales' and low points 'middle of season 3 '
Flag
All of Season 2 (until the final few episodes) was pretty much the biggest lowpoint of this show for me.
Flag
The Constant, Greatest Hits and the pilot are probably my top 3!
Flag
I'm glad to see my favorite Live Together, Die Alone in the top 3.
Flag
Also, I thought The Brig from season 3, Walkabout from season 1, and The Candidate from season 6 deserved honorable mention :)

Flag
Staff
I liked Walkabout a lot, too!
Flag
Love the list, but no love for the season 5 Finale? There was so much greatness: Getting to finally see Jacob and where he lived... The Jack/Sawyer fight we were all dying to see finally came around... Plus, the big reveal about John Locke not actually being the real John Locke...And Juliet smashing the bomb, leaving one of the best cliffhangers ever. Sure, season 5 as a whole wasn't the strongest, but it had some spectacular moments.
Flag
Staff
Yeah there were definitely a lot of eps I was surprised weren't rated higher!
Flag
i get work up a little and do some googling a minute ago..yes i found this link. it doesnt make through of all time list but it does crawling up for 2008 best of episode..

The Top 10 Everything of 2008: Lost_the constant
Flag
I still remember back in 2010. the year that i spent my entire 2 weeks watching all season of Lost for the first time..
i was hesitant and skeptical to the show at first but i made a very wise decision to have a go.
so everyday i stay up late at night and get my sleep just when the dawn come. this show had brought me in the roller coaster ride of emotion and when the last episode had to come i once regret on watching it because i really dont want this epic series to be end. as for record i got a LOST FEVER for 3 months that i cant get rid this show out of my head.
i agree with the list of memorable episodes above but as my personal favorite it will be "the constant episode" which until today will bring a shiver through my body. the constant should be rank number one in the list..nope..it should be number 1 of the best episode on tv series of all time.
Flag
One last thing. I now MUST go back (lol) and do a rewatch. The closing of every ep, the L O S T 'poom' accentuating the end of one hour of nutty - ingrained into my psyche.

Flag
Staff
Me too!
Flag
The Constant might be my favorite episode of any TV show. Just unbelievable on so many levels. The absolute pinnacle of the show.
Flag
Massively overrated. Desmond and Penny just weren't nearly as interesting and compelling as a couple as many believe, Desmond was among the weakest main character on the show for me.
Flag
Cool idea for an article and fun read. Your last line "Oh and Desmond? It’s not Penny’s boat." along with that famous last image of Charlie gave me goosebumps.
Flag
Cool idea for an article and fun read. Your last line "Oh and Desmond? It’s not Penny’s boat." along with that famous last image of Charlie sent shivers down my arms.
Flag
Staff
Thank you!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members