Lost

D.O.C.

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2007 on ABC

• A Sun-centric episode.

Let me just start out by saying that as a whole, I absolutely loved this episode. I thought that all of the story lines in this episode were great. When I first started watching the show by buying all of the seasons on DVD, I have to admit that I didn't really like the characters Jin and Sun all that much, but the more I watched the show and the more I learned about them, the more grew to like them. Now, I absolutely love Jin and Sun and all of their flashback episodes. I thought that the flashbacks of Sun's life in this episode were great. I also loved Juliet's involvement with Sun's story line since I'm also a huge fan of the character Juliet. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost, and I can't wait to watch the rest of my Lost: Season Three DVD set.
  • Sun loses either way.

Sun has flashbacks to when she met Jin's parents. His mother is thought to be dead, but Jin did lie about his fater's life. Sun gives 100 thousand dollars to Jin's mother to avoid giving Jin the shame of his parents.

Sun learns what happens to pregnant women on the island. Juliet tells her that they all die. Juliet can help her by finding out the date of conception. If the baby is Jin's, then she will die, but if the baby is Jae's (with whom she had an affair with), she will live. The baby is Jin's, which means she will die soon. Desmond, Hurley, Charlie, and Jin meet Mikhail, who was thought to be dead. He saves the woman's life and is let free after a deal. The woman tells Hurley that they find the plane of Oceanic flight 815 and all the passengers were dead. Juliet updates Ben on Sun.

This episode was great! I'm glad the baby is Jin's, but she still had the affair. The ending was interesting! The Mikhail thing was weird. This episode gets a 10!
  • EXACTLY why I watch this series! Yet another amazing episode with an amazing ending! Last week, I predicted that this episode would be the least awesome of the last seven episodes of the season; I was completely wrong.

What a great episode! A lot of people are saying in their reviews that they didn't really like the flashbacks, but I think that's what really made the episode great in my opinion. For this review, because of my broken wrist, because there aren't any easter eggs this week and because I just typed out a 2100 word recap for the episode, I'm not going to write as much. Well, I probably will, but let's just say I wont.

Anyway, I've always thought that Yunjin was the weakest actor on the show, but I think that she really showed that she has a lot of talent this week. Especially in the scene with Juliet when she find out that, although she is going to die, the baby is Jin's. The entire scene was acted perfectly by both women.

On-Island:

Wow. Usually in an episode, one story is better than the other; this week, however, both stories were perfect in every way.

Storyline A tells of Sun and the aftermath of her finding out from Juliet that all pregnant women have died on the island. In the episode, Juliet convinces Sun to follow her to the medical Dharma station, the Staff, so that she can help Sun find out the D.O.C. of her baby. And, if you watched the episode, you should know that D.O.C. stands for date of conception and is important because, if Sun conceived off-island, she will live, the baby, however, will be Jae's not Jin's, but, if she conceived on-island, then, although it means the baby is Jin's, she wil die. At the station, after explaining to Sun that a male's sperm count is 5 times greater than it is off-island--meaning that Jin could have very well been cured of his infertility, Juliet shows her a hidden storage room behind the lockers that houses all of the equipment that was originally located in other parts of the station. While there, Juliet performs an ultrasound to see and measure Sun's fetus; thus deducing the D.O.C. In the end, the answer is bittersweet because, even though it turns out that Sun was impregnated on-island and, thus, she will die, Sun is elated that the baby is, in fact, Jin's.

I LOVED this part of the episode because it answered so many questions and seeing Sun and Juliet together was a real treat. The two of them together, Elizabeth Mitchell and Yunjin Kim, make an amazingly talented acting duo. In this part of the story, we learned that Jin is the father of Sun's baby, that Jin was really cured of his infertility (Male's sperm count: 5x greater on-island), that Sun was impregnated on the island, that Juliet has lost 9 patients to this pregnancy "disease," and that the Others have not abandoned the medical station as we had previously thought. Overall, the Sun/Juliet/Pregnancy storyline was put together extremely well, was written with perfection, answered questions while raising new ones, and it was satisfying end to one aspect of Sun's on-island life and a great beginning to her on-island death. Depressing, I know.

Despite the greatness of the main story, Storyline B was what really made this episode great. Picking up exactly where last week left off, this part of the episode tells of the attempt to save the parachutist's life by Desmond, Charlie, Hurley, Jin and, of course, the not-so-dead Mikhail.

After discovering that Naomi, the parachutist, is slowly dying due to a punctured lung, the party of 4 attempts to save her life. Even when all seems lost in terms of hope for Naomi, a familiar face with an important skillset appears, shockingly, in front of our 3 survivors + 1 hatch man due to the flare that Hurley accidently launched in the beginning of the episode. After agreeing to help, as long as they let him go, Mikhail treats and Naomi's wounds; thus saving her life. But, right when it seems that Mikhail, like Juliet, was actually trying to help our LOSTies, he attempts to steal the satellite phone. Jin, being the awesome, awesome hitman/quick-thinker that he is, takes Mikhail down after noticing that the satphone has gone missing. Nevertheless, Desmond refuses to go back on his word and still lets Mikhail go free. Finally, in one of the most SHOCKING moments in LOST history, despite it's easily understandable explanations, Naomi tells Hurley that "No. No, Flight 815. They found the plane. There were no survivors. They were all dead." Holy s**t is right!

Despite the pure goldeness of the main story in this episode, I thought that the story with Desmond, Jin, Hurley, Charlie, Naomi, and Mikhail was much more intriguing, probably because of the last line. Either way, I think this part of the episode really complemented the other because, while the storyline A answered questions, this one raised new ones. More so than the other storyline, the writing and acting was magnificent; especially Henry Cusick. There were also some really great lines such as Mikhail's "As your friend pointed out, I've already died once this week," Charlie's "They started it!" and that entire little interaction between him and Desmond. My favorite theory on Naomi's last line is that it was a cover up by either Dharma, the Others, Hanso, Mittelos, or the government. I really think that is a great answer. Other than that, there isn't really much to talk about in this section because I really have no explanation for why Mikhail is alive (But, as the producers have said, that will be explained in the coming weeks) and everything else is kind of self explanatory. Overall, this part of the episode was pure genius! Pure. Frakkin'. Genius! I love LOST!

Flashbacks:

Why didn't people like the flashbacks? I have no idea.

The flashbacks this week told the story of Sun, soon after she married Jin, and her discovery of his parents.

In the flashbacks, we learn that Jin's mother is alive and that she was a prostitute, that Sun was the reason Jin was forced to become Mr. Paik's hitman, that Sun knows Jin's father is alive and that she had met him, that she knows what her father really does to get what he wants, and we learned that Mr. Paik is a robot (Seriously, watch the way he moves when he bends down to open the safe. Creepy!)

The one scene that stood out to me in the flashbacks was the conversation between Mr. Kwon, Jin's father, and Sun. The writing during that scene was really well done, very emotional, revealing, and had superb acting. Because of that scene, the scene between Sun and her father, and the final scene with Jin and Sun, I though these flashbacks were some of the most, in lack of a better word, heartbreaking and they really showed a lot about Jin and Sun's relationship.

Moreover, I really liked how the flashbacks furthered the theme of Sun being a liar. They didn't overdo it, but it was definitely shown.

Overall, even though the flashbacks didn't advance the on-island story, they were very entertaining, emotional, well written and somewhat informative.

Things I Noticed:

-The story of Jin's father not knowing if the child was his or not was very similar to the on-island story of Jin and Sun. Like Jin's mother, Sun has been with many men and she is not certain if the child is Jin's. I loved the tie-in.

-"It's not purgatory and they aren't really dead." That's right! In response to this week's episode, Damon Lindelof, himself, said the previous statement. What does it mean? My guess is that there is some huge cover up and everyone in the outside world thinks that the passengers of Oceanic 815 are dead. Oh snap! It could be some big conspiracy or it could even be as simple as a 'white lie' by the government or Oceanic to bring closure to the families of the passengers. It's depressing...

-The picture of Jin and Sun is different when Jin's mom first points at it and when the camera shows a close up of it.

-The satphone prop is, obviously, not a full faced touch screen. Look at it when Hurley is 'talking' to his mom at the end of the episode.

-The beginning of the episode is very reminiscent of the moments before Sun is kidnapped by Charlie in "The Long Con."

-Mr. Paik is a robot. Watch him bend down to open the case. He totally is.

-Juliet is very, very, very, very conflicted/complicated. I love it!

-Naomi says, "I'm not alone," not "Thank you." You can tell that Mikhail knew this and was using the language barrier to his advantage. Just watch his reaction to what she says and you'll see it too.

-Naomi knows a crapload of languages!

Questions:

-MIKHAIL IS ALIVE!?!?!?! What!? Totally awesome!
    -What's really going on with Flight 815?
    -Was Sun right about Jack?
    -Will Sun be saved?
    -How often and why is Juliet making those tape recordings to Ben? Does it have anything to do with "See you in a week?"
    -What kind of samples, Juliet!? Why Kate?!
    -Does Jin know that Sun kind of led to his horrendous job?
    -Which scene was the one that had to be re-shot? (Important, I know)
    -Why is Naomi on the island!?
    -Since Naomi actually said that she wasn't alone, does that mean there was someone else in the helicopter and she doesn't know it crashed?

Dialogue:

Hey, way to go Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz; you really showed that you have talent in writing! I'm not saying they haven't written good episodes, obviously, but you can really tell that they aren't as strong in writing as the Other writers are. Nevertheless, I really liked the writing in this week's episode. It was very emotional and very funny (which is what Kitsis and Horowitz write best--humor, that is).

-After he shoots off the flare Hurley: Oops...
    -Mikhail: As your friend pointed out, I've already died once this week.
    - (On the satphone) Hurley: Mom?
    -All of the interaction between Mikhail and our LOSTies was really well written

Next Week on LOST:

Woo! Locke-centric! It's going to be an on-island flashback so that makes it even cooler! Oh, and it was written by the two geniuses themselves--Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse!!!!! Whoo! Do I smell another Lockdown? Or even a Deus ex Machina, perhaps?

Based on it's on-island centricity, who it was written by, and how badly I predicted what D.O.C. would be, I'm going to have to say that The Brig is going to have an overall rating between 9.3 and 9.5. Can complainers really be complaining anymore? How can you say this season has been anything less than awesome!? Only 4 freaking weeks until the finale!!!! Aahhhhhh!!!
  • The owls are not what they seem...at this point, it is unsure what Juliet is really up to? After the stunt Michael pulled last season, the survivors should be weary of the Others.

Juliet is really, really good at being bad. Yet, what is she up to? On the first few weeks on the island, Sun did not seem very intimate with Jin, she seems very interested in Michael. I thought maybe Michael was the father, which we will see once the baby appears (NIP/TUCK season 1). Kill Charlie already, he is annoying. Naomi is either a spy for the Others or Penny's father.
  • "Eu não estou só", the parachutist told,then Mikail translated it as "Thank You For Helping me",well he lied!That phrase was pronounced in Portuguese and the real meaning is:"I´m not alone",So the question is: Who was in the helicopter with the girl?

Was it Penny, or Jacob? One think for sure, she knows who Desmond is... and if it was Penny probably she is the reason Mikail was running in the jungle... maybe he was trying to capture her... who knows... About Jin and Sun... I was very happy that the baby was Jin´s... because it gave more strength to the theory of the miracle properties the island has... but on the other hand, she can die if she doesn´t get off the island one the next 2 mouths... following the time every season goes, that will be in the last season of the show (5th) so thats nothing for the next days....

I really don't want to talk about the end, because it was prrety creepy, and I really don´t know what to thing besides - DHARMA STUFF Good episode
  • hmmm ..

That girl, Naomi, where is she from? Cause she's spooked one thousand languages! To bad, she was saying something and Nikolai said something else! They shouldn't let him escape, at less not alive :D, now he will go and tel Ben about the helicopter! And about the satelite phone!

And wow, what is Juliet trying to do?! I mean, since when she want's to help Sun?! To bad cause Sun didn't watch her when she was register on the reportofon for Ben! If Juliet wanned to kill Ben, I don;t understand why is she helping him in all that he does?! I hope they'll figure out quickly who's Juliet with trully!
  • great episode

Desmond, Charlie, Hurley and Jinn find a body of a female in the forest. One of the others who is supposedly dead reappears alive and well. This episode is a Sun flashback episode, we get to learn more of what happened in Korea. We get to see more of what was happening with Sun and Jinn. Juliet helps out Sun in the present, Juliet helps her figure out when the baby was conceived. Stuff happens with Desmond and the other guys in the forest. The mysteries aren't completely solved in this one, but the story plays out really well, I can't wait for the next episode.
  • KATE AUSTEN PREGNANT?!?

Juliet speaks to a tape recorder: Ben. Its 6 A.M. on Saturday morning. Kwon is pregnant; it was conceived on island by her husband. He was sterile before he got here. I'm still working on getting samples from the other women; I should have Austen's soon.
    So KATE AUSTEN is pregnant exactly like Sun, and who’s the father??, it might be Sawyer!!!
    Kate is next to go and check her D.O.C (date of conception) and she would be part of the others experiment.
    So, I wonder if Juliet would be able to continue with Sun’s and Kate’s experiment….
    Can’t wait for “The Bring”!!!
  • A truly cool episode!

Jin is amazing when he whoops Mickail's backside. Flying kicks and everything. Jin suddenly got cooler than he ever was before... and that was pretty cool.
    Lost keeps getting better.
    Juilet is creepy, I can't work out whether she is nice and creepy or a baddie and creepy. Jack is getting more sinister by the day.... what did the others do to him. & the parachuter speaks in several tongues... what is that all about. Can't wait to see how it untangles.
  • Mikhail is still alive! We saw him dying! People think, they are all dead, but the Lost Podcast says, that's not the case! Sun got pregnant on the island, but she still has 2 months to live, so she'll live till the finale, probably. And Juliet is not bad!

This episode was probably the most exciting Jin-Sun centric one. It showed us, that Jin had to work for Sun's father, because she wanted to protect him. By doing that, she almost destroyed her relationship with Jin. Juliet has her reasons to do the things she does. And although I even think, that Ben told her to tell Jack to kill him, so she would be trusted (he knew Jack wouldn't do it, he wanted Kate and Sawyer to live) by Jack, she is good. She just wants to get off the island. Sun probably knows, what's going on with Jack, since she said, that he works with The Others now. Mikhail, who got killed, is alive. And Hurley, once more, has reasons to believe, he is not really there. Naomi probably (correct me, if I'm wrong) didn't say, "Thank you" in Italian. Maybe she said something important, and Mikhail knows it, but has to keep it a secret. This really will keep me guessing till "The Brig" takes that position, and gives me something to guess about.
  • There were no survivors! Mikhail is still alive!

To some this episode up id say that the end of the episode was a pivotal moment for lost.everybody has been under the impression that it was a basic plane crash somewhere on a mysterious island that the outside world cannot find.
    but how wrong we all was.
    this not only is a excellent plot point, but in my opinion also solidifies losts long term future. a story line like this along with all the other plots simply cannot and wont be solved by the end of season 4.(lets go to season 5!) long live lost! episode good points off the top of my head:
    -Jin showing how much of a maniac he is finally!
    -Mikhail showing up
    -Naomis revelation
    -Juliets interaction with Sun, again fooling us (well it did me!)

The Brig preview is looking gooooooooooooood :)
  • Loved It! One of the best episodes ever! Of course, they are all always good. :-)

When Sun came up to Juliet it was awesome cuz it looked like Sun was gonna punch Juliet right in the face if she didn't get some answers. I can't believe that Sun was stupid enough to go with Juliet though. If I was Sun, I would have like said some excuse to get Juliet to go away, and then go get Jack to follow behind them, in case anything bad happened. It was obvious from the beginning that Juliet was still working with Ben. Ben just wanted her to get the "inside scoop" on things. Juliet should stop working with Ben, since she obviously doesn't like it.
  • The good news.

Sun finds out what happened to every pregnant woman on the island and Juliet takes her to the station where Claire was taken and later abandoned but there is a secret room where women were brought to die. Sun wants to know the date of conception so that if Jin is the father. He is and that means that she got pregnant on the island and no woman made it to her third trimester. In the flashback Jin's mother is a prostitute but he thinks that she is dead and blackmails Sun to give her money. Amazing episode with a shocking conclusion.
    Only four episodes left.
  • Held me breathless until the last moment

This chapter goes about two major topics. The first is, of course, the parachutist from the chapter before. The second gives the watchers an idea of what Juliet is looking for in the survivors' camp. As for the flashbacks in this chapter, they go over Sun and the relationship she had with her family.

Juliet's assignment, somewhat expectedly, is related to the pregnant women in the group. She takes Sun to the same Dharma station Claire was kept in, where we see a secret, hidden room, where Juliet takes Sun for an ultrasound test. According to Juliet, that's where they take pregnant women to die of their yet unknown pregnancy disease. Sun finds out, that the baby is Jin's, and not her one-time lover back from Korea.

As for the parachutist, one of the high moments of this chapter is when we see that the Russian guy, Mikhail, is not actually dead at all. He helps the group treat the parachutist (but he tries to steal their satellite telephone).

The punch line of the chapter is, of course, in the very end...
  • This was an excellent episode and gave us lots to think about.

The more we see Sun’s back story, the more we realize she isn’t a shy little Oriental flower. She’s more a cast iron plant. She’s very tough. She knew exactly what she was getting Jin into when she took the money from her father. I guess she felt that the alternative of not giving into the blackmailer would have been worse for Jin. She threatened the blackmailer, who was Jin’s mother and a former prostitute btw, with being rubbed out if she was heard from again. The part of Sun’s story I don’t like, now that I know that she knew exactly what was going on, is that she was going to leave Jin because of the way his “job” was affecting him. She had an affair with another man when she knew exactly what Jin was going through. I am glad, though, that the baby is Jin’s baby. I’m hoping that Juliet will come up with a cure in time to save Sun and the baby.

Are other women, such as Kate, pregnant? Or are they keeping tabs on them to see if they become pregnant. With the men having 5x more sperm than usual and no condoms or birth control pills available, I guess we’ll be having a bumper crop of pregnant women!

I loved it when Juliet gave her postscript to Ben after leaving her message for Ben and turning the recorder off. I was hoping she wasn’t doing what she’s doing willingly. I wonder if Ben is holding the fate of her sister and nephew over her to get her to betray the Losties this way. It has to be something big, or I don’t think she’d comply.

Mikhail is alive. If the island’s miraculous healing powers saved him, why not Ben? Why did Ben even get sick in the first place? Why is it taking him so long to heal? It also makes the problem of the women getting pregnant and dying more mind boggling.

Naomi says Flight 815 was found and all on board are dead. Of course, the problem with that statement is we know they are not all dead. The Others are so rich and powerful and ruthless that they will and can do anything that’s in their best interest. It was probably not a problem for them at all to set up a fake crash. They don’t want the world out there looking for the occupants of that flight, and stumbling upon the island!

This was an excellent episode and gave us lots to think about.
  • There were no survivors.... they were all dead.

Yes! Another great installment to season 3 of lost. It is now officially my fav. season. A great episode overall with an astounding ending, and shocking bits and pieces all throughout. Turns out our Russian friend did not die and he is back! Juliet is off with Sun having a good old time working for Ben and going after Kate now. While our friend from the sky luckily survives and is able to say the last incredible words at the episodes end. "They found flight 815. There were no survivors, they were all dead"
    Crazy episode cant wait for the finale its going to be great!
  • GAME CHANGER, HIT!

WOW! Again, another fantastic episode. Sun is doomed to die, but at least the baby is Jin's.

Patchy is back, and we get a Chuck Norris-like fight between him and Jin. YOU GO JIN!

Patchy is alive and can save a woman with a branche in her lung, didn't see that one coming.

Desmond, Patchy survived a human microwave, you really think a flare gun would kill him? Although it might make a serious burn on the guy.

So they found Oceanic Flight 815, huh? And there were NO survivors? If that doesn't classify as a Lost-classic scene, well, than you seem to have forgotten Lost.
  • So we finally start to get answers in what may be one of LOSTs finest episodes so far

Well my word, this episode really did have absolutely everything you could want from an episode of LOST. *Suspense over who the father of Suns Baby is. Yay for it being Jins, but is anyone else still hoping for a shock twist to reveal it's Michaels?

*A crazy kung fu fight with Jin and a dead guy

*Said dead guy being alive (WTF?) do the others come with a fake suicide pill type thing where if they bite down on it, they die for a little while? After all we learned in "Left Behind" the fence wasn't actually on. I hope the writers have something good planned for him and he's actually quite an interesting fellow.

*The ending i'm assuming is one of the game changers? That ending could have easily been a season finale ending and it was soooo good, here's hoping that the writers can come up with something earth shattering for the finale.

*Loads more Juliet, oh how i love her but she doesn't feel that way about Ben it would seem. Her "i hate you" on the Dictaphone was one of the stand out moments in the episode, she really is the best thing to happen to lost....ever.

The episode gets a perfect 10 from me, mini revelations, the acting was spot on, excellent writing and shocking twists
  • Excelent episode

I really like this episode , we got to know more about the parachutist and some one returning from the dead ?
    we had different laguage from the parachutist that we learnd after that she said "Iam not alone".
    Sun and juliett finds out if it is jins baby or not, and learn a more about julietts intensions with being with the losties.
    Yunjin kim shows that she is a brillinat actor in this episode They also makes us unsure if jack really is working for the others or not.
    and as always it has a brilliant twist at the end ! !
  • Actual rating (as can't go much higher): 20!

Ok, that was seriously messed up. This show still rocks. Had some down moments, ie. Expose, but this episode leading to the finale is going to bring Lost back to its roots. Scaring us out of our minds.

JJ Abrams has said that they are not dead, so the ending is kinda odd. Did the creators change what happened to them? Or was she lied to? The front of the plane was found on the island & the tail section fell into the ocean so how they found anything is beyond me. They may have found the tail section which could have driffted out to sea & someone picked it up & they just assumed since this is all that's found that no one survived. This whole clone thing? I'm really hoping that's not what's going on. That would really suck.

As far as the whole Juliet thing goes, she obviously hates what's she doing to these people. Is Kate pregnant? How does she know or does she just assume as she knows about her & Sawyer.

So many questions. 7 days isn't long enough.

I really liked Sun. Shame that about the middle of next season she'll probably bite the dust unless they find a cure.

Oh so many questions. Not enough answers.
  • -SPOILERS- OMG Patchy is alive, Kate is Pregnant and they are all dead?? I don't know what to think any more

I was constantly checking the time left for the episode to finish... because I didn't want it to. It was flying. You've all got the feeling when you are watching an episode on the tip of your toes, waiting for the next scene...

This episode's flashbacks were bad as almost all this season (WHY?!). But the main story blew my mind.

Patchy is dead (how?); the girl wakes and tells the passengers that the plain was found with no survivors (WTF); Sun has abt 4 more months to live and apparently Kate is pregnant as well (now I get why she and sawyer were needed, it was all a mask to make them have sex).

I am too excited to even sleep now.

However, good night, and "see" you on the forums.
  • It's Jin's baby!!!

I loved this episode, it really set up to the finale of season 3, that I am guessing. The flashback sequence in this episode I enjoyed, I just love Sun/Jin episodes so much. This time Sun must spare Jin shame because his mom is blackmailing him. I think Sun is really a underrated character, she is awesome. I loved the part when Jin's mom said "Just because I gave birth to him, doesn't mean he's my child" and then Sun goes "My family is very powerful(or something like that)." Then Sun says "My husband thinks you are dead, don't make me make that a reality" or something like that. So I just love Sun.

Sun and Juliet's whole relationship was well played and well written. I thought the acting was really good, I feel sorry for both of them, but stricken by surprise at Sun's happiness when she knows she is going to die, but it's Jins baby. She just looked so glad and smiling, it truly proves how much she loves Jin. Also at the end I also felt sorry for Juliet having to do all that, and then the ever so faithul "I hate you".

I wonder what the lady really said to the Other guy in italian, I bet she didn't say thank you. The Hurely conversation with her at the end was... suspenseful. Can't wait.
  • :S confused

Ok first of all i have to say this what the hell is going on with this show, i went from sorta understanding it to not having a clue in a short 40 minutes I have been wraping my brain about it but I cant find an explanation.

First of all sun finds out what happens to pregent woman then her and juilet go on a trek to the Staff staion (the one kate and claire went to in meternity leave) then they go to a secret room where there is a mmachine the tells her the DOC date of conception then they find out that it was jins baby and not the other guys. She then gets Sun to go wait outside while she hides everything again when she gets a tape recorder out and says "ben its 6am on saterday, Kwon is pregnet, the fetus is healthy was conseved on island with her husbund he was sterol before they got here, i will have samples from the other woman, i should have Austons soon, i will report back when i have more, I hate you" soo Kate is pregnet :0

Then Desmond, Charlie, Jin and Hurley try to save the girls life who fell from the sky, then Mikal comes out of know where they capture him and make him fix the girl then they let hime go

in the end Hurley and the girl are talking and she says that they found the plaine 815 and all the survivors were dead another :0.

so im confused, any ideas message me please im dying to know.
  • This episode was the equivilant of being tortured for 42 years, stabed in the chest, and then.... having none of that happen, and live and peace and harmony for an eternity. Short story short... it was Awesometastic!!!!

Wow... what a great episode.
    Most people don't really like Sunbacks/Jinbacks but I just thing that's because they don't want to read while watching Television.
    I personally like them... always great acting in them.
    And this one leaves them all behind.
    Despite the fact that this Flashback is all Sunback, and no Jinback (save for the Sun/Jin scenes) in was phenomenal.
    Turns out Sun is the reason Jin has to do all that crap he does for Sundaddy.
    It's all Sun's fault! Figures, I never really liked Sun... and now, it makes the most sense not to like her.
    I mean, I'm starting to like her now, it's just that I think Jin deserves better sometimes.

On island, the stuff with multi-language girl was weird...
    And Patchy is BACK!!!!! WOAH! I had no idea that was coming.
    I'm glad I haven't read spoilers lately.

Well, Jin is awesome, he can roundkick people, he's like my hero now.
    This episode was great with humour, although, not as much as Catch-22. The stuff with the flaregun was sweet!

Plus, Jin is the baby daddy... I'm relived.
    Sorry Jae, you failed again.

Plus, the reveal at the end about the plane being found explains a ton of things, while still... makes me extremely confused... did the other's fake a plane crash!?

Who knows, but this episode was full of surprises... I only deduct a .1 because... well, it didn't have Claire in it much... and it could have been funnier.

Good stuff overall though!
    I give it 107 out of 108 stars!
  • Finally the real LOST is back ! :)

After the crapy season 2 and the weak start of season 3 finally the suspense is back :) LOST > all once again.
    One thing sux tho the writers said the charecters aint dead... Where the hell are they then ! its good to play with the viewers minds but not so mutch and so often cuz it gets boring after the 100000th question with no answer, i hope this aint some crapy conspiracy theory to fill our heads till they finish their season. Anyhow i hope the show returns to its original suspense and adventure aura that gave me chills from the opening credits :)
  • greaat episode, but again the same problem...

that problem is there isnt enough character interaction and each episode is becoming far too centered. i have a feeling the next one shouldnt be but i am going to stop giving every episode a 10 until this problem is fixed. overall, though there was 2 great shockers in the episode, which were patchy running out of the jungle (my theory was right yey) and naomi saying that flight 815 had already been found with no survivors. but i already have a theory on that...shes an other and shes helping ben with one of his mind games he likes to play. well i loved the part were hurley shot the flare by accident, it was rele funny, and the news that sun could possibly be dead is a bit upsetting, and im starting to hope theres more to juliets plan than taking the losties for experimenting on to try figure out how pregnant women die...i really hope there is more to the others terrorizing the losties than that and ben been fixed...well i guess we will find out soon...next episode looks amazing...
  • Wow..."Lost" is amazing!

great episode...another amazing chapter in this second part of season 3...anybody who claims Lost has declined just isn't watching or was never a true fan. With the exception of "Stranger in a Strange Land", these last few episodes have been as good as anything previously done. Excellent plots, answers for all, great acting, suspense, shocks, thrills, suprises...I feel sorry for those who are not watching anymore. For the 12 million or so that are still tuning in every week, lets enjoy the ride..its only going to get better.
  • Fantastic episode. A couple shocking moments highlighted a well presented (and well-acted) story. Anytime they make the story exciting and have well-crafted dramatic moments, it ususally makes for great episodes--and this one certainly was.

The two shocking moments really bring this episode to an exceptional level, but it is supported by a story that kept me tightly glued. First, seeing Mikhael was a surprise that came out of nowhere, and very welcome. I was disappointed when he [apparently] died, because he is so entertaining, so I'm excited to see him back. I think the simplest explanantion is that whatever injuries he suffered from the fence may have been severe, but due to the healing powers of the island (previously established), he was able to overcome them. And, of course, the parachutist's revelation that the wreckage of Flight 815 was found, and there were no survivors, was a real WOW moment. A possible explanation is that the Others, or some other entity, did not want anyone searching for the real Flight 815, so they arranged for false wreckage to be found, but then the question is who is involved who has such resoruces. Other, more mystical or amazing explanations, may be the case, but that's the fun, now wondering.

I thought the actress who plays Sun did an amazig job when she found out the date of conception. Her initial tears, seeming from sadness at the realization that she and her baby were going to die, were either clarified as, or evoleved into, tears of happiness, due to her realization that Jin is indeed the father. Here, one of Sun's greatest misdeeds, and possibly the reason for her not being a "good person" and therefore not list-worthy, was her extramarital affair, which seemed to had resulted in a pregnancy. Yet, since Jin is actually the father, Sun is, in a way, granted some level of reprieve in having to suffer directly for that misdeed, since at least the child is Jin's. Will this lead to Sun's undoing? We've seen in the past, when someone was given the chance to "pay" for their wrongdoings, or at least seek forgiveness, and then have failed to do so, that they have suffered (Eko refusing to apologize for what he had done, which then resulted in his death). Since Jin is the father, Sun may not feel the need to account for the affair, or tell Jin, thereby not paying for what she had done, which may lead to an unfortunate end. But we'll see. Either way, Sun explored many facets of her character in this episode (in the present) going from happiness to anger to fear to relief to joy, all in ways that made perfect sense, given her context.

I liked the flashback as well. Not one of the best, but a good one. What was particularly revealing was finding out that it was Sun who was responsible for creating the circumstances that led Jin to the path of working for her father and doing some unpleasant things. Here, Sun's motivation, to protect Jin from a very painful revelation about his mother, is good. But the steps she takes to ensure that, leads to Jin becoming a person that he did, who was not truly him, one who does bad things. So we see another bad side of Sun (further highlighted by the ease with which she threatens Jin's mother's life). It was also an interesting tidbit to learn that who Jin's father really is is a mystery, one I imagine will be revealed down the road.

The story with Desmond, Charlie, Hurley, and Jin was really enjoyable to watch, as it was more about the story, action, and surprises, than about character--which was a nice balance to the rest of the episode. I've covered the surprises, but it was also fun to se Jin display his fighting skills. One additional thing that I thought stood out was Desmond's very strong and open hostility toward Charlie. This is not entirely new, as we've seen Desmond get more and more frustrated with saving Charlie's life, only to have to do it again; and certainly Desmond's belief that since he saved Charlie this last time that it cost him the culmination of his vision, Penny's arrival, frustrates him further. But the anger with Charlie, and their confrontations, seem to be escalating. Also interesting was Desmond actions and perspectives. When Charlie characterized the Others as being killers, Desmond noted that by his count, the 815 survivors had killed more Others than the other way around, as if he was making the observation that they may be no better than the Others. As well, Desmond felt particularly obligated to "keep his word", something that is a recognizable characteristic of Ben. But the idea of the surviviors and the Others having many similarities, and their difference being only a matter of perspective, is an ongoing theme that was advanced here.

I was glued to the tv this episode, and it delivered big time. The final four eps, by thier descriptions, look amazing. Ever since the return of Lost in Februrary, the show has been amazing, as was tonight's episode.
  • Never fails to deliver, and for all those fans who were loyal to the show even through the dry patches the pay off was ten times sweeter, what an ending is all I can say.

Well the last line is surely what everyone is talking about. But as for the mains parts, they were magnificent too. See the thing is that it had the 3 lost elements executed wonderfully. The past story was so touching, like it showed us the full view of Jin and Sun, and everytime we watch an episode that has got to do with Sun we find so much more about her character, it's not just revolved around the incident, it's around her too. Now for Desmond's crew, the return of that dude was just out there, you see him and you say didn't he fry his brains a few episodes ago???? And that intense fight scene with Jin, you really get into it ( I hope that doesn't put me in the violent light lol). And but of course the nail in the coffin with the ending, how were they no survivors, who are they then!!
  • The reveals just keep coming!

I don't even know where to start! First Patchy returns, rocking the hell out of his Soviet training. As Bender said, "Clone? Robot? Or long-lost twin? Taking all bets!" We see that Sun made a minor change in Jin's career path, shifting him from a floor manager to gangster. We get a seemingly straight answer about Claire's baby and the Others. Then the filthy crazy hook of the wreckage apparently being found without survivors. Wake up everyone who was harping on those clone theories! I love the tension between Charlie and Desmond developing, especially as Jin saved their hides by grabbing the phone back and Patchy pulls a nice little Ben impression. Juiliette's motives and true plans are still mysterious, but are coming into focus (Juliette's getting Kate's next?), plus its great to see Sun throw a little suspicion on Jack. Seems like I'm saying this every week, but if the hook at the end about the discovery of 815 sticks, this could be the start of the final third of the story.
< 1 2 3 4