Lost

D.O.C.

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2007 on ABC

• Ok. I have to say it....

I am really surprised that some reviewers could give this episode a low rating. To all low raters on this episode: You know-this IS a story. Which means not every episode can be full of shock and awe. This is why a tv series has the opportunity to be much better than a movie because they have the time to really develope their storyline much much deeper than a 1 1/2 hour film. Thus if you take a step back, calm down, stop waiting for the big BANG, and consume the story as a whole, you will be amazed at how much more you would enjoy a good tv series like this. For example, how could anyone NOT care for Sun's story or in one reviewer's opinion, not care if she lives or dies? She has been a rock in this series. I find her and Jin's story very interesting. This story is giving us a look into the lives of an Asian couple, a very proud and devoted Korean man and his beautiful wife who's father is a crime boss of a sort. Both however deeply in love, but also both deeply rocked with shame and guilt. If you think about it, it's really deep. But how could we ever know that if the writers didn't take quality time to develope that story? We need to know the people on this island to really be able to relate to each of them in their various situations on and off the island. I mean, not EVERY character's story can be equally as intense and definitely not at the same time-that would be suicide for any show. It has to have balance. I say that because you must remember-however we may try to anticipate the direction the show is going, we still have to respect the story for what it is. It's someone else's story. We have no choice but to trust the writers to give us what we ultimately tune in for-and that's entertainment. The story gets deeper and deeper and I personally appreciate the intensity and intrigue level the show has maintained so far. The acting is always good, the characters are very interesting, and the writers, director, and producers are doing a great job at telling such a broad story in the allowed time per episode as they can-but it is natural for some episodes to be a little less intense and more story broadening than others. I know it is sometimes frustrating to not know and have to wait, but honestly that is exactly how I like my Drama/Action TV. When I watch 24, I expect more action but Lost has long ago established itself as a very multi-character driven action drama. You don't drink a Merlot like Kool-Aid. Take your time, enjoy the experience and take advantage of EVERYTHING this show has to offer. (i.e. the setting-the beautiful shots of this island that bring the world of Lost alive and make it believable- also the music that keeps you on the edge of your seat when someone is running through the jungle or make you feel the pain of someone's heart breaking). I mean they pay people good money for this stuff and there's a good reason why. It is an art. Enjoy it. Maybe those of you who are often disappointed with these episodes should wait and watch the season on dvd. Look at it this way, the equivalent to watching a season vs. a movie is as if you were only allowed to watch apprx. 4 min. of a movie once a week for 24 weeks. Take your FAVORITE movie and chop it up into 24 pieces at about 4 min. a piece and tell me if EVERY four minute piece has the same level of intensity, suspense, and information. Impossible, right? Yes, but each piece is important even if not so much to you but to the writers, directors, and producers who's story you are watching. Well, I can't express my point any clearer than this and sorry for the long review but I hope to have helped some of you to enjoy not only this show but anything you invest your time in watching. Not every show is good, but this show one of the great ones of todays time. This was a another great episode for a great season of Lost. Not comparing it to any other season, or any other show for that matter-But for what it is. This is GREAT tv.
  • Is it just me or has Lost never been better?

Me and Lost are a lot like Jin and Sun; our relationship has fluctuated much over the years. Originally I began watching purely out of curiosity. I'm a big fan of TV in general and the 10 million dollar pricetag for the opening episode told me this was going to be a show unlike any other (which didn't neccesarily mean it was a good thing). Then I was suitably intrigued by the mysteries and enjoyed chatting about theories with friends at school. I was also, although slightly frustrated by the stagnant story lines of Season 1 (especially the god damn hatch), willing to wait it out because I thought it was all going to end after season 1. And so I waited, and waited, and witnessed first hand how wrong I was.

Still, by this time it was too late. I was essentially in the mentality of a crack addict; I was not really enjoying each hit all that much but all I could think about was the next one, which may just bring the answers that always seem just over the horizon (perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, I did enjoy the season 1 and 2 episodes a lot, but I just felt a little cheated by how slow it was moving). And so I came back for more, my fanatically devotion being driven ironically by a lack of answers rather any a true enjoyment of the show. But now everything's so very different. I don't know whether its the lack of breaks (although I suspect its just the quality of the stories) but Lost is suddenly moving along at a cracking pace, and I find myself really loving these recent episodes more than I ever have.

Take 'DOC' for example; now I've said before on one of the forums that Jin and Sun's flashbacks are more or less as interesting as a 44 minutes single shot of an elderly man getting his feet rubbed. And yet this completely reinvented my interest in these two characters. The writers deserve an award for turning perhaps the least interesting characters (outside Bernard and Rose) into real edge of your seat ones, and I thought the pivitol clinch of this episodes - the knowledge that if the baby is Jin's, Sun will die and if it isn't she'll live - was absolute genius drama. Sun herself developed immensely as a character, clearly not taking any crap from Juliet and then having the strong will to deal with her horrible fate, not to mention the revelation that she was behind her father hiring Jin to do his dirty work. Hats off to Yunjin Kim for without doubt her best performance so far.

Meanwhile, the B story was a nailbiter two, with the strange return of Mikhail whose refusal to die is making me hate him all the more. And if theye's one thing I love more than hating Others, its seeing them get beat down. Ethan's comeuppance was a highlight of Season 1, and seeing Jin lay into Mihkail had me literally shouting at the screen.

Finally, in the greatest twist since finding Desmond in the hatch, Naomi revealed that Flighty 815 had been found with no survivors. Whether this is a Hanso (or Mittlewerk) arrangement to stop anyone looking for the Losties remains to be seen, but those last lines thrilled me quite a fair bit.

Although we didn't really get many answers at all, for once I really didn't mind. In fact this episode really raised more questions than it answers (namely what will happen to Sun, how is Mikhail alive, who Naomi is and how 815 was found) but who cares?!?! The ride that 'DOC' took us on was enjoyable and fill with tense drama. As far as I'm concerned Lost has never looked better.
  • This was an excellent episode and gave us lots to think about.

The more we see Sun’s back story, the more we realize she isn’t a shy little Oriental flower. She’s more a cast iron plant. She’s very tough. She knew exactly what she was getting Jin into when she took the money from her father. I guess she felt that the alternative of not giving into the blackmailer would have been worse for Jin. She threatened the blackmailer, who was Jin’s mother and a former prostitute btw, with being rubbed out if she was heard from again. The part of Sun’s story I don’t like, now that I know that she knew exactly what was going on, is that she was going to leave Jin because of the way his “job” was affecting him. She had an affair with another man when she knew exactly what Jin was going through. I am glad, though, that the baby is Jin’s baby. I’m hoping that Juliet will come up with a cure in time to save Sun and the baby.

Are other women, such as Kate, pregnant? Or are they keeping tabs on them to see if they become pregnant. With the men having 5x more sperm than usual and no condoms or birth control pills available, I guess we’ll be having a bumper crop of pregnant women!

I loved it when Juliet gave her postscript to Ben after leaving her message for Ben and turning the recorder off. I was hoping she wasn’t doing what she’s doing willingly. I wonder if Ben is holding the fate of her sister and nephew over her to get her to betray the Losties this way. It has to be something big, or I don’t think she’d comply.

Mikhail is alive. If the island’s miraculous healing powers saved him, why not Ben? Why did Ben even get sick in the first place? Why is it taking him so long to heal? It also makes the problem of the women getting pregnant and dying more mind boggling.

Naomi says Flight 815 was found and all on board are dead. Of course, the problem with that statement is we know they are not all dead. The Others are so rich and powerful and ruthless that they will and can do anything that’s in their best interest. It was probably not a problem for them at all to set up a fake crash. They don’t want the world out there looking for the occupants of that flight, and stumbling upon the island!

This was an excellent episode and gave us lots to think about.
  • There were no survivors.... they were all dead.

Yes! Another great installment to season 3 of lost. It is now officially my fav. season. A great episode overall with an astounding ending, and shocking bits and pieces all throughout. Turns out our Russian friend did not die and he is back! Juliet is off with Sun having a good old time working for Ben and going after Kate now. While our friend from the sky luckily survives and is able to say the last incredible words at the episodes end. "They found flight 815. There were no survivors, they were all dead"
    Crazy episode cant wait for the finale its going to be great!
  • The good news.

Sun finds out what happened to every pregnant woman on the island and Juliet takes her to the station where Claire was taken and later abandoned but there is a secret room where women were brought to die. Sun wants to know the date of conception so that if Jin is the father. He is and that means that she got pregnant on the island and no woman made it to her third trimester. In the flashback Jin's mother is a prostitute but he thinks that she is dead and blackmails Sun to give her money. Amazing episode with a shocking conclusion.
    Only four episodes left.
  • -SPOILERS- OMG Patchy is alive, Kate is Pregnant and they are all dead?? I don't know what to think any more

I was constantly checking the time left for the episode to finish... because I didn't want it to. It was flying. You've all got the feeling when you are watching an episode on the tip of your toes, waiting for the next scene...

This episode's flashbacks were bad as almost all this season (WHY?!). But the main story blew my mind.

Patchy is dead (how?); the girl wakes and tells the passengers that the plain was found with no survivors (WTF); Sun has abt 4 more months to live and apparently Kate is pregnant as well (now I get why she and sawyer were needed, it was all a mask to make them have sex).

I am too excited to even sleep now.

However, good night, and "see" you on the forums.
  • Finally the real LOST is back ! :)

After the crapy season 2 and the weak start of season 3 finally the suspense is back :) LOST > all once again.
    One thing sux tho the writers said the charecters aint dead... Where the hell are they then ! its good to play with the viewers minds but not so mutch and so often cuz it gets boring after the 100000th question with no answer, i hope this aint some crapy conspiracy theory to fill our heads till they finish their season. Anyhow i hope the show returns to its original suspense and adventure aura that gave me chills from the opening credits :)
  • Wow..."Lost" is amazing!

great episode...another amazing chapter in this second part of season 3...anybody who claims Lost has declined just isn't watching or was never a true fan. With the exception of "Stranger in a Strange Land", these last few episodes have been as good as anything previously done. Excellent plots, answers for all, great acting, suspense, shocks, thrills, suprises...I feel sorry for those who are not watching anymore. For the 12 million or so that are still tuning in every week, lets enjoy the ride..its only going to get better.
  • A sun episode mixed in with a present and flashback with the island, infertility and Juliet's ability to help, we also discuss the morale aspect of shame, the shame of one's origins.

We have SUn tending her garden, and for some reason I am getting tired of them playing on the kidnap episode everytime we have this scene, it's getting tiresome for sure, but this time it was Jack, come to talk to Sun about her pregnancy, she is a bit reluctant, but he assures her that it is just routine type of questions and now that he is back, he has alot of people he needs to ask questions of.

We get alot of flashbacks of Sun, they start with her getting off the cellphone with Jin, sitting at a bench and getting approached by a lady with a newspaper and asking if thats her, she says yes, then after initial chit chat, it is asked that $100K be paid or that her husbands shame would become public knowledge. She goes and asks her Dad for the money and gets it, Jin finds it and presumes it for something else and asks her to return her fathers money.

The jolly boys outing is now turned more into a medical mystery as they have to fix up the unknown parachutist, she is incoherent and mumbling in a lot of different languages, but Hurley understands the spanish for "I'm Dying", they check her and she has something sticking out of her side, Des orders Hurley to check the medical bag, Des volunteers to run back to the beach but Charlie says that it's not safe to go running through the jungle and it is an 8 hour walk one way.

Des says they have to do something as nobody knows they are there, just as Hurley is looking through the bag, he then fires off a flare gun, but as it wasn't dark then the impact is not quite the same, but the "oops" from Hurley was class.

Flashback Sun and Jin are in their new apartment, Sun looking through boxes and sorting it all out, but she asks if there are any pictures of his family, but he just says that they did not have a camera when they were growing up, he gets really uncomfortable regarding the topic for sure.

Sun talks to Kate regarding how unusual Jack has been since getting back from the others, Kate says that it is because he was kept prisoner, promised to be let off of the island. Sun tells Kate that she thinks he might be now working with the others in order to get her baby as he was asking about it earlier. Sun asks Juliet directly and gets a very blunt answer, that all pregnant women on the island have died, leaving Sun in shock.

The boys are still having trouble with the parachutist,trying to save her when Mikhael appears, he turns and runs, but is caught by Jin, he promises he can save her if he is released at the end as if they had never come across him, which they promise to do, he is also able to translate some of the mumblings, all the same, I'm dying, but in various languages.

The Flashbacks for Sun, incorporate two ket things, one is paying off the whore mother of Jin, she tells her that Jin believes her dead, that if she hears from her in any form, knowing how powerful her family is, she doesn't want that to become a reality. Then the next one she is walking down a fishermans pier, to a boat and meeting Jin's father, she gets invited in and has a good time, but told by her father in law she must never mention the meeting to his son, as he would then suffer the shame.

As Sun is sleeping that night, Juliet goes into her shelter, wakes her and tells her that there may still be hope, that she may still have a safe pregnancy, but she will need an ultra-sound, that there is a medical facility nearby that will help her determine this, Sun says that they did not find one, but then Juliet says that they were not looking in the right place.

Mikhael maanges to stabilise the wound and the patient and then says that he will leave now, they agree, he's only gone 2 steps before Jin is after him, the others play chase, then they discover that Mikhael has swiped the sat phone before leaving but spotted by Jin, they release him.

Sun asks Juliet why she is helping, she explains that it was years ago that she was able to smile and tell other ladies that they were pregnant and all is going to be okay, it's been along time for that and she wants it to go ahead once more. Sun explains that she's been with another man, Juliet says the DOC will tell them how long she has been pregnant and maybe who the father is. After taking it we find that Jin is the father but it was conceived on the island.

Back at the parachutist, Hurley gets asked who he is, he explains about the plane etc, but the parachutist says that they found flight 815, all were dead and there were no survivors. "What..>" says Hurley.
  • A well done Sun/Jin episode.

Its somewhat brave of the writers to include a SunJin episode at the season's endgame. They are the characters who always have much slower episodes than the rest, and more episodic too.

But now that Sun has a major storyline that is connected to the island, I think it was a smart decision. This was a great episode all around, much better than last week's "trek".

One of the greatest things was the flashback which many seemed to hate, but... I loved it.

Especially the part where Sun meets Jin's father. Amazing performance by the man, and very meotional series of scenes too.

I also liked how Sun stood up for herself and her husband at the end of the episode. And.. I was completetly surprised that the "mystery woman" was actually Jin's mother.

This episode also continues a recurring theme of Lost and that's how every decision has a consequnce... and not just for the one who makes the decision. It is basically Sun's indirect fault that Jin ended up working and doing horrible things for Mr. Paik.

The island portion was a huge improvement over the previous episode aswell. Sun and Juliet return to the medical station to find out who the father of the baby is. It's Jin! Great and bad news too. Great: it's Jin's! Bad: Sun's going to die soon unless rescue happens...

Can you say dramatic?

The sideplot, Desmond and co; superb! Mikhail returns, literally from the death just to manipulate a group of losties...again. I've to say the fight with him and Jin was superawesome.

Now, onto the ending... unlike last week's lackluster ending, this week we got a jaw dropping moment. The newly arrived stranger has something to tell Hurley.

That, 815 was found. And everyone died.

What?

LOST.
  • There were no survivors! Mikhail is still alive!

To some this episode up id say that the end of the episode was a pivotal moment for lost.everybody has been under the impression that it was a basic plane crash somewhere on a mysterious island that the outside world cannot find.
    but how wrong we all was.
    this not only is a excellent plot point, but in my opinion also solidifies losts long term future. a story line like this along with all the other plots simply cannot and wont be solved by the end of season 4.(lets go to season 5!) long live lost! episode good points off the top of my head:
    -Jin showing how much of a maniac he is finally!
    -Mikhail showing up
    -Naomis revelation
    -Juliets interaction with Sun, again fooling us (well it did me!)

The Brig preview is looking gooooooooooooood :)
  • Jin's a Daddy, The Staff returns and the survivors are all dead!

Many of the season 3 epiosdes, from "Enter 77" onwards can be put under the "Revealing" category and for those that complain about not getting answers or the story not moving forward this was a positive thing, proving that the creators had chosen their time to start answering stuff.
    Once again D.O.C. is another smart exercise in this choice, giving us more information and hints. We find out what happens to pregnant women on the island that try to conceive there, the fact that Jin and Sun did conceive on the island, blowing out the theory that Jae Lee was the father. There are also some hints that Juliet may not be a mole in the camp because she wants to help Ben, even though she has to, and that Kate Austen is Pregnant too, thanks to Sawyer. D.O.C. may not be as revelatory as some other episodes but it does a job of keeping the answers coming at a more consistent nature, as minor as some of them may be.
    However, the final revelation is enough to send fans reeling in their own theories. Since Season 1 an early theory was the "Purgatory" theory, in which the survivors were all supposed to be dead. That theory was discredited by the writers as being untrue. But Naomi Dorrit's words to Hurley would suggest otherwise. It seems more likely that what Naomi told Hurley was a cover-up attempt. The pacing of the episode is quite slow at times, but that is to be expected with a Jin/Sun episode. However, it does have ample time for some jungle action with Des, Charlie, Hurley, Naomi and Mikhail, who was last seen in the present being seriously electrocuted on the sonic security fence. His reappearance only gives more credence to the theory that the island has immense healing properties, something that has become all the more clear this season. Even Sun's miraculous pregnancy can be tied into the island's healing properties. Jin was sterile before crashing on the island. Add to that Locke's ability to walk again, Rose's cancer being cured and now Mikhail resurrected, ou can't ignore the fact that the island has the healing powers, probably made possible by the high level of Electromagnetism on the island. But how is it then that it can choose who should heal, quickly or at all? Ben hasn't made a recovery and some people have not even survived, ala Boone. It could be that, like Boone, those that have perished have all been,as Locke states, "Sacrifice[s] that the island demanded". If that is the case then who is pulling the strings? If electromagnetism is the cure then who is controlling the cure?
    Not only does Mikhail survive but he also hints that on the island wounds heal differently on the island and that Naomi's punctured lung [no less] should heal in a day [or maybe a half!].
    Since Season 1 we have learnt that the island has the power to heal but how and why is still not clear to us.
    The fight scene between Jin and Mikhail is amazing and, not since Season 1 and the fights with Ethan Rom and Jack have we witnessed such a brilliant display. Not only has Jin's sperm count risen but his abilities in Martial Art have too!
    For all the fights and tension with the guys and one Gal the main story is devoted to Sun, who once again gives a wide range of emotions, sometimes all in one scene or shot. Sun is conflicted with many emotions, just like Juliet. They make a good pair!
    This episode may be slower but that doesn't make this episode any less compelling. It is all about the acting performances, as many of them have been lately. The performances here are not as electrifying as in "One of Us" but they are just as emotional. Both Elizabeth Mitchell and Yunjin Kim display a wide range of emotions making their characters all the more complicated. When Juliet is talking into the Dictaphone to Ben, you think she is all bad and working in Ben's best interest until her sudden last line, "I Hate You", which suddenly changes the tone of the scene. What is up with Juliet? I think that she has agreed to do what Ben has told her to do but in this mission senses a chance to get herself of the island or at least is trying to mix with people who want to leave like her.
    It is still not clear but it would seem that Juliet is taking the "Every Man [or Woman] for Himself" motto that Sawyer holds dear to his heart.
    The pacing of this episode may be rather mixed but certainly events throughout add to the growing momentum of this season as it heads to its close.
    And if you thought the quality here was good just wait.....
  • Finally we find out that Jin is the father of Sun's baby!

This was a very good episode once again! I'm relieved to see that Juliet isn't entirely "bad", but rather trying to save herself. That's why she's still working with the others and it's not that she wanted to harm anyone. I hope she'll come around and eventually stop double-dealing...
    Mikhail is still alive which really came as a surprise. We saw him die!!
    That woman is probably from the Dharma Initiative, isn't she? At the end of the previous episode I thought it might be Desmond's ex for a second. But I was wrong, there's a whole new secret to discover! Who is she? What's she doing there? Why did she have the picture of Des and Penny?? And why's she speaking so many different languages?
    I can't wait. Especially after that woman said that flight 815 was found and had no survivors. What's wrong there? I'm dying to find out. And I am really looking forward to the big finale which is supposed to be like the hugest deal ever!!
  • I'm not generally a emotional TV person, but the scene of Sun bursting into tears and slowly forming a smile after being told the results was fantastic.

OK, lots of elements in this week's episode to discuss.

First, our dear friend Sun. Yunjin Kim is such a delicate actress. People say she is underused, but I think she's much more powerful in smaller doses, otherwise she would lose the effect. One of the advantages of Lost's large cast is the fact that the characters don't have to be as fully sketched out immediately as other shows, and it means that three years into the show, we are still learning about our island friends. I am really glad that it's Jin's baby (although it would have to be, in order to have any relevance to the Others), and also that Juliet seemed to genuinely want to help her. I'm not generally a emotional TV person, but the scene of Sun bursting into tears and slowly forming a smile after being told the results was fantastic. Juliet's tape recording, followed by a weak "I hate you" was also very telling.

Her flashbacks were good too. I, however, watch TV in a very "in the moment" manner...I do not try to figure out what's going on, or try to predict events like most people. This means that I am genuinely shocked by surprises that I would assume most people figure out early on, such as the fact that the woman blackmailing Sun was actually Jin's mother. Show of hands of how many people actually knew who the woman was before the reveal.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the island, our Russian friend Patchy (I mean, Mikhail) makes a mysterious reappearance after previously being zapped by the sonic fence. Although he mentions the island's fast healing powers, could that be the only reason for his survival? That was a pretty gruesome death. And what a time for Desmond to decide to be honorable. For the first time ever, I was cheering for Charlie (see line of the week below). Although Mikhail doesn't seem to be the stool pigeon type, I'm sure he'll reappear again soon.

And finally, the big shock of the week. I have a small problem with the big ending reveal, not so much with the surprise itself, but that now people all over the world are going to be groaning, saying "so they're all dead? What a rip-off" and crap like that. Of course, they're not all dead (the writers have told us this many times). More likely, the question is who would go to such trouble as to fake a plane wreck and dead passengers. And if it indeed was a setup, wouldn't the friends and family of the Losties know that it wasn't really Flight 815? Or is there something else going on here?

Next week is a Locke episode complete with "on-island" flashbacks. Looks like we'll learn what happened when he saw his father in the "box" and it also looks like one of my previous theories comes true...

Line of the week:
    Charlie: You stole [the phone]?
    Mikhail: How could you respect me if I didn't try?
    Charlie: How 'bout I take your other eye? Would you respect that?
  • A Sun-centric episode.

Let me just start out by saying that as a whole, I absolutely loved this episode. I thought that all of the story lines in this episode were great. When I first started watching the show by buying all of the seasons on DVD, I have to admit that I didn't really like the characters Jin and Sun all that much, but the more I watched the show and the more I learned about them, the more grew to like them. Now, I absolutely love Jin and Sun and all of their flashback episodes. I thought that the flashbacks of Sun's life in this episode were great. I also loved Juliet's involvement with Sun's story line since I'm also a huge fan of the character Juliet. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost, and I can't wait to watch the rest of my Lost: Season Three DVD set.
  • Sun loses either way.

Sun has flashbacks to when she met Jin's parents. His mother is thought to be dead, but Jin did lie about his fater's life. Sun gives 100 thousand dollars to Jin's mother to avoid giving Jin the shame of his parents.

Sun learns what happens to pregnant women on the island. Juliet tells her that they all die. Juliet can help her by finding out the date of conception. If the baby is Jin's, then she will die, but if the baby is Jae's (with whom she had an affair with), she will live. The baby is Jin's, which means she will die soon. Desmond, Hurley, Charlie, and Jin meet Mikhail, who was thought to be dead. He saves the woman's life and is let free after a deal. The woman tells Hurley that they find the plane of Oceanic flight 815 and all the passengers were dead. Juliet updates Ben on Sun.

This episode was great! I'm glad the baby is Jin's, but she still had the affair. The ending was interesting! The Mikhail thing was weird. This episode gets a 10!
  • Mikhail is still alive! We saw him dying! People think, they are all dead, but the Lost Podcast says, that's not the case! Sun got pregnant on the island, but she still has 2 months to live, so she'll live till the finale, probably. And Juliet is not bad!

This episode was probably the most exciting Jin-Sun centric one. It showed us, that Jin had to work for Sun's father, because she wanted to protect him. By doing that, she almost destroyed her relationship with Jin. Juliet has her reasons to do the things she does. And although I even think, that Ben told her to tell Jack to kill him, so she would be trusted (he knew Jack wouldn't do it, he wanted Kate and Sawyer to live) by Jack, she is good. She just wants to get off the island. Sun probably knows, what's going on with Jack, since she said, that he works with The Others now. Mikhail, who got killed, is alive. And Hurley, once more, has reasons to believe, he is not really there. Naomi probably (correct me, if I'm wrong) didn't say, "Thank you" in Italian. Maybe she said something important, and Mikhail knows it, but has to keep it a secret. This really will keep me guessing till "The Brig" takes that position, and gives me something to guess about.
  • So we finally start to get answers in what may be one of LOSTs finest episodes so far

Well my word, this episode really did have absolutely everything you could want from an episode of LOST. *Suspense over who the father of Suns Baby is. Yay for it being Jins, but is anyone else still hoping for a shock twist to reveal it's Michaels?

*A crazy kung fu fight with Jin and a dead guy

*Said dead guy being alive (WTF?) do the others come with a fake suicide pill type thing where if they bite down on it, they die for a little while? After all we learned in "Left Behind" the fence wasn't actually on. I hope the writers have something good planned for him and he's actually quite an interesting fellow.

*The ending i'm assuming is one of the game changers? That ending could have easily been a season finale ending and it was soooo good, here's hoping that the writers can come up with something earth shattering for the finale.

*Loads more Juliet, oh how i love her but she doesn't feel that way about Ben it would seem. Her "i hate you" on the Dictaphone was one of the stand out moments in the episode, she really is the best thing to happen to lost....ever.

The episode gets a perfect 10 from me, mini revelations, the acting was spot on, excellent writing and shocking twists
  • This episode was the equivilant of being tortured for 42 years, stabed in the chest, and then.... having none of that happen, and live and peace and harmony for an eternity. Short story short... it was Awesometastic!!!!

Wow... what a great episode.
    Most people don't really like Sunbacks/Jinbacks but I just thing that's because they don't want to read while watching Television.
    I personally like them... always great acting in them.
    And this one leaves them all behind.
    Despite the fact that this Flashback is all Sunback, and no Jinback (save for the Sun/Jin scenes) in was phenomenal.
    Turns out Sun is the reason Jin has to do all that crap he does for Sundaddy.
    It's all Sun's fault! Figures, I never really liked Sun... and now, it makes the most sense not to like her.
    I mean, I'm starting to like her now, it's just that I think Jin deserves better sometimes.

On island, the stuff with multi-language girl was weird...
    And Patchy is BACK!!!!! WOAH! I had no idea that was coming.
    I'm glad I haven't read spoilers lately.

Well, Jin is awesome, he can roundkick people, he's like my hero now.
    This episode was great with humour, although, not as much as Catch-22. The stuff with the flaregun was sweet!

Plus, Jin is the baby daddy... I'm relived.
    Sorry Jae, you failed again.

Plus, the reveal at the end about the plane being found explains a ton of things, while still... makes me extremely confused... did the other's fake a plane crash!?

Who knows, but this episode was full of surprises... I only deduct a .1 because... well, it didn't have Claire in it much... and it could have been funnier.

Good stuff overall though!
    I give it 107 out of 108 stars!
  • who wants to get answers when the questions are so much more interesting?

lost is getting weirder and more exciting by the episode! mikhail still alive and a stranger fallen from the sky, speaking a different language each time she opens her mouth, revealing shocking information about flight 815. if the producers hadn't excluded the possibility of this being purgatory, i'd be back at this theory.

what happened between sun and juliet was really moving and i'm not too sure anymore about juliet not switching sides to be with the "losties" in the end. sun is in a very difficult situation between her love towards jin and her love towards her unborn child and her own will to survive and there was some wonderful and very credible acting of yunjin kim involved in showing this ambivalence of emotions.
  • Juliet takes Sun to "The Staff" to learn the true identity of her babies father. While Hurley, Charlie, Jin, and Desmond race to save Naoimi with the help of Mikhail, who is apparently not dead. Sun's flashback is pretty cool too.

A solid episode. Very adventurous and fun to watch, especially Desmond's group. Their faces when Mikhail came of the jungle were priceless. Sun's flashback was pretty cool, and showed how Jin got promoted in Mr. Paik's business. On the island, Juliet and Sun were very emotionally about Sun's baby daddy, and for a moment there, I was once again bewildered by Juliet when she said "I hate you," while finishing recording something for Ben about Sun's pregnancy. Part of me trusts her, and part of me hates her. As for the end of the episode when Naomi tells Hurley that they are all dead, my first thoughts were "The writers are toying with us. They're not dead. Pshh"
  • yep

After learning that the Others' pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, Sun allows Juliet to examine her in the Dharma medical station. Juliet reports back to Ben. Desmond meets a living Mikhail in the jungle and allows him to help save the life of Naomi. Flashbacks show Sun being blackmailed by Jin's biological mother, whom Sun thought to be dead. Sun is going to die or is she one of my favourite questions of the series so far, because imagine the storylines that would erupt next season with Jin and Sun, I just can't wait to find out there.This episode was a interesting one we also get to see Jin kick some Russian butt and the staff station agian.
  • A good episode that answers some questions, and leaves some fun new ones!

Sun finally finds out that Jin is the father of her baby, which is good news to her, and yet she also learns she's doomed to die, as all pregnant women who've concieved on the island have. Desmond and co try to help an injured woman who's landed on the island, and Mikhail, who died in a previous episode, shows up and helps them. He only helps them in order to escape again, and trys to steal the radio that the lady brought with her. At the end of the episode, she comes to and Hugo tries to explain who they are and that they are Lost. She says that's impossible because their plane was already found, with them all dead onboard. This was a fun ending to the episode, which will fuel the fire of those who always thought they were already dead, and yet I don't think they are.

Other fun stuff: Juliet declares her hatred of Henry, and Mikhail explains how people sometimes heal on the island.
  • Tense and more mysteries Hurrah

Brilliant episode of lost, the series is finally back to the standard it once had. This episode has everything, mysteries, emotion, more questions and more tension. I've never really liked the sun/jin flashbacks but this was seemed alot better, nice to tie up some stuff and we finally know who the father is. The greatest news and also the saddest news for Jin. Great to see the return of Mikail, i think most people thought he wasnt dead he seems very mysterious and how does he know the wound would heal in a day hmmm more myserty to island. Not long left till the finale of lost and it all points to being fantastic.
  • We finally learn the father of suns baby and get another episode heading in the "answering questions" direction. Fans have no reason to complain anymore as the writers are doing a terrific job at this point.

I loved this episode and it actually managed to get my eyes off the computer screen and onto the television screen for every minute of airtime. This is a great feat let me tell you because im really attached to my computer and it had just returned back to me after three days of being repaired. The pace of this episode was great as a long deserved and needed sun-jin centric episode unfolded. So Sun's baby's father is infact Jin due to a pentupled sperm count on entry into the island. I'm a little confused when this happened though considering that Jin and Sun weren't speaking for the longest period of time and only recently I can understand them ever copulating. The Sun and Juliet reaction was definitely very captivating and furthermore it revealed a lot more of the character sketch we can expect of Juliet. It seems her way of communication with the others are hidden phones in almost all the different hatches present on the island and considering how well it is spread out, that gives her a lot of chances to get information through. I like the Kate revealation that Juliet was supposed to check up on Kate's baby. So, is this baby supposed to be Sawyer's or her ex-husband? The Hurley and new girl interactions were revealing. Finally, it is revealed that there was infact a cover-up of the crashing of Flight 815 which explains the lack of rescue teams. Patchy's return (I keep forgetting his name) was interesting and I would love to see what role he plays in the season finale to come. All in all a solid episode that actually managed to provide a fair lot of answers with reducing the questions to a bare minimum. Season 3 seems to continue the trend of strong episodes as we enter into what should be the best of the three season finales.
  • Argh Matey!!! A beloved Other rises from the dead!

It was a shot out of the blue when out of the jungle comes Patchy/Mikhail. Im so glad he isnt dead - the guy has charisma and wickedly wry smile - a high COOL factor. He even dead-panned "Ive already died once this week..." This week???? How many times exactly has he died? The episode mainly concerned Juliet taking Sun to the Staff/Medical hatch to find out when she conceived her child...Jin apparently is the daddy! Apparently the Island is better than Viagra... The Island apparently sends sperm counts thru the roof but kills off pregnant women(and this makes sense how?) And the new arrival, Naomi provides shocking news that Flight 815 wreckage was found, somewhere else, with everyone aboard dead... WOW, whats going on here? Are the people on the Island dead? I believe the producers have already discounted this. Are the Losties copies of the real Flight 815 passengers in some Star Trek-like parallel/mirror universe? Or are they real and the dead passengers from the other Flight 815 copies/clones planted by Dharma in another location? All this is assuming Naomi is telling the truth.

The flashbacks continue to be the weak point - they a simply go on a little too long. The whole thing about the payoff by Sun to Jins real mother was overly long. I like LOST more when they are spending time on the Island searching for answers. Next week Crazy John Locke is back in action... whats he going to blow up next???
  • Lost!Lost!Lost!

• Jin kicks some butt, we find a secret compartment in the medical hatch, and there are no survivors of Flight 815!

It was nice to get Sun and Jin involved more in the story. I loved Jin's roundhouse kick to Patchy! I found it interesting that Jin has been a victim in all of this: his mother ruining his life by abondoning him as a baby and by blackmailing Sun which caused her father to hire Jin to repay the debt (money owed to Sun's father) by getting involved in the mafia. The secret compartment inside the medical hatch was interesting. So now we have Sun's life and Charlie's life hanging in the balance.

I found the bit of information concerning flight 815 really interesting. So I am guessing The Others somehow faked the flight wreckage so people would stop looking for loved ones on the flight. I guess the only one really looking
    is Desmond's girlfriend Penny. I think Michael and Walt are still floating around out there and will probably make it back to the island before the season 3 ends. Wonder if they happened to see the helicopter crash and maybe pulled a survivor or two out of the water and brought on board their little boat.
  • A face from the past re-appears... again. Also, two shocking happenings occur.

Ok. I'm gonna do my review a little differently this time. Gasp. I think this will make it a better and more interesting read.

Flashbacks- The flashbacks were bad. That's about as blunt as I can put it. The only thing I liked was finding out why Jin started working for Mr. Paik. Other than that, they weren't all that great. This flashback again supports my opinion that all the major character's flashback stories are wrapping up and their backgrounds are pretty much all "colored in".

Sun & Juliet- This part was good. It was a little boring and slow at first, but once they got to the Medical Hatch, things really got interesting. I knew, you knew, most of just KNEW in the back of our minds that Claire, Kate, and Rousseau missed SOMETHING back in Maternity Leave. And sure enough, there's a secret door. The ending (to that story) was awesome.

Desmond & Co.- The best part of the episode. The writing and acting was the best here, and this was the most interesting part. Patchy comes back. Then he leaves again. Sigh. The Parachutist says that people found the wreckage of Oceanic Flight 815 and all the people on-board were dead. So did the government stage the finding of the wreckage? It appears so.

Mikhail: ... I've already died once this week.
  • The Ending of Sun Flashbacks?

Objective - » Since Juliet explained what happens with the pregnant woman in the Island, it was a matter of time, until Sun became the Main Character of an episode. Her episode appears in a good time, since after that, the last 5 episodes of this season simple can be mind blowing. The 3 focus are: Sun in the Island, her flashback and Desmond trying to save this unknown woman that arrived on the Island.

Flashbacks -» The presentation began simple, than the set of the complication phase was unexpected. The Best of the Complication phase is her conversation with Jin father, this man simple portrays perfect his role, yet was simple drama, that make difficult not to feel sorry for Jin and his father, simply excellent. Her interaction with her father don´t were behind, simple perfect, when you finally know, why Jin has to work for him and why was that type of work, was Sun fault after all. The Climax was when she have to lie to Jin, a little Sad, when you known is sad destiny. The ending have one more surprise, but I think the majority of the audience could catch it from miles.

Sun Event on The Island -» The presentation begins very simplistic when Jack came to see her. Then the complication is set when Kate can´t lie very well and Juliet tells the truth. Then, the two of them, go to the medical station, to see the Date of Conception, so if was on the Island, she will die, but if was not in Island, then she will be safe. The ironic thing here is that the first option is what would make her more happy, because she love Jin. You have some information about the Island rules, which make sense, since Locke can walk. The climax is what you can expect, dramatic. Desmond Event On the Island -» Very interesting also. The presentation already happened in the last episode, but then the set complication phase bring one character back, which is a great surprise. His fight Jin was cool. The complication phase was only about taking care of that unknown woman and knowing one more rule about the Island. Didn´t notice the climax, but the ending was strong.

Overall:

1 - Plot Holes: Gold. Didn´t Notice

2 - Time and Scenes Management: Gold. Hard to notice that scenes that are just there to buy time.

3 - Surprises/Twist/Shocks/Cliffhangers: Sun Flashbacks is full of surprises. Her event in the Island too. Desmond mini plot have a great surprise too.

4 - Action: Gold. Great Fight.

5 - Funny: None.

6 - Drama: Gold. There isn´t a character that I can feel more sorry than Jin. Sad Faith.

7 - Tension/Fear: .Bronze. Maybe to know Sun faith.

8 - Excitement Level (curiosity/Mystery/Doubt/Revelations: Silver. You want to know Sun faith? Want to feel more sorry for Jin? Want to know one or two information about the Island Rules? Want a mind blowing ending? Then this episode is for you

If wasn´t for the next great episodes, I would rate this episode with a 9. Recommended.
< 1 2 3 4