Lost

Destination Lost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 21, 2005 on ABC

• Look it was Ok

7.6
    I kind of was expecting more out of this final recap for the first season. It was pretty boring at times and a little pointless for me, I can't be bothered talking about this one because I didn't really like it, It was just 'Good' nothing more. Really upset me this one, just the same old stuff as before. Not a good attempt for the end of the first series.

THE end..... Namaste, thank-you and Good luck.................................................haha hah ha ha ha ha
  • Is this meant to summarize season 1?

4.9
    This clipshow was crap. Crap because it only focused on characters, and only a few of them.
    We seen
    Sawyer, Locke, Jack, umm... yea and more Jack. Basically this clipshow told us NOTHING about the island...hello Ethan... we didnt evne see Ethan. Ok, we seen the hatch, excellent.But wheres Boone's death? Uh. What here I am trying to say is that this clipshow didnt summarize the season, just a few character, and mostly only their PAST.

And the narration was pretty unncessery, in my humble opinion.

However, clipshows are not meant to be good, they are just to warm up the audience.. i guess. For that popruse it was ok.
  • Good way to re-tell the story

It was a good way to give all the information the they need to all the people that missead something of the first season. The first of 3, gives the exact amount of information the viewer needs. Cosas como esta son la razón por la que veo este programa, ya que después de un final de temporada tan espectacular, la mejor manera de esperar el inicio de la tercera temporada es con una breve recapitulación de lo ya visto. Good one
  • So wait... what next?!

Ok so let me get this straight... The three MaiN characters (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) are caught by the others so no more fun with them. What happened with Jin, Sun and Sayid and what was up with that 4-toed statue? What happened with Locke and Mr. Eko? Did they die? What happened to Desmond? What was Penny doing on the phone with a couple portugese guys? If you havent realised, these are all questions and there are many more... Sure it was a great episode but there are now toooo many questions which are to be answered (my guess is) all the way in september if were lucky...
    I'm out like Desmond, ill be back next year... :P
  • It\'s a possibility that I have never been more confused in my entire life...

First I have to say that bringing Desmond back was, in my humble opinion, a really good addition to this episode. So much wasn't known about him when he was running full speed into the jungle and after getting a little tired of everyone else's background it was nice having a fresh flashback.

Yeah the episode was very exciting, I mean personally I thought it was more exciting than last season's finale but that may just be me. I know some people are saying nothing happened but I just have to ask, "were you watching the same show?"

Locke has finally lost his mind, and so has Ecko. And even though we probably won't know what happened with the whole radiation thing until next season Charlie seemed in a pretty good mood. Something is going on there..he's acting kind of strange, I suppose I would be too. The whole others thing was a tad dissapointing but apparently Henry is calling the shots, and I'm sure Michael isn't home free just yet, I don't think he'll even be able to get away from the place, as Desmond had problems doing.

Now what the heck was up with the 4-toed statue???? Yep weird, and I guess what confused me the most was Desmond's girlfriend. How in the heck? What..? I can't even peice a thought together on that one. I suppose the false alarm they were talking about was when Desmond was a little late that one time and he ended up crashing the plane, but just weird...I actually started fast forwarding it after the Charlie/Claire kiss until I realized the snow and such were part of the show. haha

And the fact that the quarentine sign could blow clear to another part of the island but yet Charlie walks away unscathed...?

Can't wait for next season. This is why we watch the show people!

• This is just a special episode that recaps the entire first season, good for people who never saw the show, people who missed episodes or people who wanna get more clues.

5.3
    A recap episode of season 1, nothing really happened, anyway looking forward to season 2 tommorw when Lost return to Australia.

They could of at least made it into a behind-the-scenes epsiode, or at least have the cast and crew talking about season 2 at the end or give us a sneak peek at season 2.

• OMG. read my review. this episode reveals something that is KEY!

OK. i love this show. Everyone: someone i know downloaded this episode and somehow made it play backwards and it turns out, when shannon sees walt in the forest, he is actually saying "dont push the button! the button is bad!" He is saying that backwards!!! this is key! try making that episode go backwards, it really will work.
  • Locke and Jack fight over when to enter the hatch and why it is not a good idea to enter. Locke enters the hatch before morning breaks and that is when the epiode became great

I have never been a Lost fan till the end of last season when I started watching it. I thought that the episode could not have been any better. Once they showed who was down in the hatch I got goosebumps all over, and was SOOOO CHILLING!!! I hope they keep up the good work.
  • Review of season one's final episode

I think it was a very cruel way to end a season by having Michael lose Walt. It was a very gripping episode (the return of the metallic monster was awesome). Extremely well done was the interactions between most of the characters in the flashbacks, Hurley’s flashback was the funniest. Can't wait for season two
  • THe Episode was Too bloody good!

oh man i love this episode i live in ausyralia and it just came out last thursday i cant believe walt got kidnapped he\'s the my favourite character i hope nothin happens to him. now i hav to wait till february next year for season 2 to start its goonna be some long six months i cant wait.
  • My Mind has been blown! That was the most amazing-ist episodes of LOST i have even seen.People who disagree need to seek medical attention as it this is the best show on TV.

It had me on the edge of my seat from the forst episode up until the thrilling season finale. This episode should have been named 'answers' as that is what it contained. they open the hatch, the others are discovered, Aaron (Claire's Baby) is returned, Sawyer is finally turning into a hero, Locke is getting even more nuttier and this is just season 1! I think that the hatch is an old WWI or WWII bunker type thing, full of supplies and other useful things.I think Sawyer, Jin and Michael will find another island where there are more survivors (Remember Rose saying her husband isn't dead, he was in the back of the plane ETC...). A thrilling episode, recieves 10 out of 5.
  • Good, but flawed

The only problem I had with this episode was the fact that it didn\'t really answer anything.

As good as the suspense, acting and general nature of the episode was, it raised more questions without actually answering anything.

I\'ve heard the writers comments re: The Hatch, but seeing inside would\'ve truly made this a classic episode, instead of the solid finale I view it as.
  • I expected a lot more.But nothing happened though...

7.3
    I thought that this season finale will give away some answers to the questions that we all have in mind from day one. I was wrong though. Although this episode does bring some thrils and chills,like Jack and Locke preparing the dynamites but we still don't get to see what's inside the hatch and this is a real neck-breaker.I don't like the slow-motion flashbacks when the survivors get in the plane.Why don't the writers show what's inside the hatch first rather than showing Locke's and Jack's face reactions when they looked inside? In the next season that's the good time for Jack,Locke,Kate and Hurley think on what to do next.Anyway this season finale is a great episode for it is ideal to end a season and I can't wait to watch the second season.
  • Beauty Mate!

Great episode, but was hoping the hatch would be opened a number of episodes earlier! Lots of spiritual allusions, the pillar of smoke & Aaron for example (from the Book of Exodus in the Bible). Not sure the Hatch contains hope, but something nasty, Locke may be a man of faith, but on which side? Liked the end sequence when the passengers were being seated and Locke makes eye contact with Jack. The Aussie accents were appalling (sounded more like New Zealanders) and the number plates are incorrect.
  • they closed the season not so great.only the last 5 minutes that make people want to watch the next season. i hope this series take 2-3 season to finish.because too long will make it so weird.

i hope this series take 2-3 season to finish.because too long will make it so weird.what's next? alien, predator, ghost,ships,time travel? yeah, maybe they can do it but become bullshit anyway.if i'm not wrong, they in the middle of bermuda triangle, so who are people who took walt?
    whatever.btw, it's great opening but bad closing
  • The last episode of Lost was a bit anti-climactic in that it promised a huge crescendo of revealing plot points and the nature of the experiments that the \"others\" were undertaking. In all, it was well written save for the airplane boarding flashbacks.

The island finally is given credit in the last couple of episodes; explicitly emphasizing that the common denominator was that all the survivors were \"meant to be there\". The series of numbers that proved to be Hurley\'s undoing was found to be carved in the concrete below the hatch. I wonder what these numbers signify, other than one\'s own demise?

The \"others\" show themselves in the best part of the season finale. The crew on the raft must have considered that they had sailed quite a distance to think that they could be near a shipping lane. I wonder if they inadvertently sailed around in circle and wound up near the island that they had escaped. That scene where the blib on the screen kept growing closer had me on the edge of my easyboy.

Clearly, the island does not always follow the laws of nature. Polar bears and built-in securtiy system that sounds like T-rex...If the \"others\" are so protective of their island, then they would naturally want to protect it from outsiders. So I think that the misfits on the island regularly patrol the island’s waters. Of course, they too have radar. It begs to question, though, where do they get the fuel?

It is clear to me that the \"others\" want to use the survivors for their \"experiments\". That is why they want to keep them alive. Also, they prefer young subjects, so they may be counting on the survivors to procreate. Kate and Jack, maybe? Like a farm of sorts, A human farm...

Walt was taken by the locals (locos) for a reason. Twisted science experiments, most likely. As far as Sawyer is concerned, it seems certain that he will wash ashore on the island sand in the fall’s first episode. Kwon is another story. Des he die? Sayid was an integral part of the show, so is he chum or not? Michael likely will live as he will undoubtedly want to recover his son and seek revenge on the \"others\".

The characterization in this show is awesome. It delves into human weaknesses and personal redemption. It is the antithesis of Gilligan’s Island. It is dark and holds many secrets that hopefully evolves into a more complex tale of survival.

Whatever happens, it will be a great ride of a series as long as the producers and writers don’t dumb it down and keep redlining the dramatic tension.

• less answers than questions

while the plot and action was very good, some of the acting and suspense could have been better. i was more interested in seeing what was happening on the boat than what was happening on the island. and the focus should have been more on the island because of the whole hatch thing. the ending surprised me with "the others" and the numbers. but you never saw the monster or what was down the hatch. it raised more questions than answers, which created so many cliff hangers that even those who didnt like but wanted to watch the season finale just to get closure, now have to watch the second season, which is probably what ABC wanted so that the ratings stay up. all in all, it was an awesome episode espically for ABC.
  • great!

i loveeed this episode,this series and i dunno how i would wait for season 2 as i live in turkey and it wouldnt be broadcasted in sept. here i will have to wait much longer :(
    maybe it wasnt the best episode of all but it was the best final that could be ever done for lost i just cant wait to see next season...
  • The end...and the beginning

7.7
    Anyone looking for conclusive answers this early in the game doesn\'t understand serial television.

\"Exodus\" did exactly what a season-finale is supposed to do; answer old questions (what is the \"Black Rock\"?), raise new questions (why do the \"Others\" want Walt?), and move us into position for major development (what, exactly, is in the Hatch?), all while slowly cranking up the tension to set up a breath-taker of a cliffhanger that leaves us panting for Season Two. Abrams\'s crew pulled off a gut-shot non-ending on par with the first season finale of \"Alias,\" which delivered quite possibly the best cliffhanger ending of 2002 with the single confused syllable, \"Mom?\"

It is not the task of a season-finale to answer the driving questions of a series; narratively, the only difference between the season-finale and any other episode is that the season-finale is followed by a four-month hiatus. As such, it is also the job of the season-finale to create enough interest and suspense to carry over that extended interval while fostering the self-perpetuating machine of fan curiosity with as much wild speculation as possible and guaranteeing the highest rate-of-return come September. No one criticized the first episode for not answering any of the questions it posed. Just like the first show in a series, the first season acts as a narrative unit that sets up what is to come later; in this, subsequent seasons. A season-finale actually does its audience a DISSERVICE if it answers too much, and I, for one, would rather ride the story out too slowly than get it all at once too fast.

The solid writing in \"Exodus\" also managed a few well-orchestrated surprises of its own; with all the emphasis being directed toward Claire\'s child this season, how many viewers truly entertained the possibility that the real target of the Others\'s obsession was Walt? Is Rousseau\'s daughter Alex still alive, and if so, is she one of the Others or something else? And who could have foreseen the amusing reappearance of The Comic Book? At least we walked away from Season One with the answer to one of the biggest mysteries on the show so far: the book belonged to Hurley.
  • It is amazing how many disappointed fans wrote a review for this episode. Twenty already and I am sure it will rise in the next few months. Nothing happenend? I think it is a bit harsh to say that. Nothing was anwsered? Well maybe.

For about 10 episode we want to know what is in that hatch and since the beginning we wanted to know what the monster is. Of course this could be revealed in this episode but that wouldn't make it a season finale would it? You need a cliffhanger. You need sometime to make you want to watch the next seaon. And believe me, I definately can't wait!

The good thing with this episode, and Exodus (1) is that we don't focus too much on one character. Instead, we glide through all of their stories like a summary by having different flashbacks throughout the episode learning more about these mysterious characters.

The great thing with this episode was, the whole show felt like a cliffhanger, so not the last 5 minutes like most shows do. From the first minute I was already worried for the credits to show, it's just a feeling the show gives you.

Not a lot of new things were revealed, most of it was just a summary of each character. Like in Kate's flashback, we see the Marshall explain to an officer at the airport what Kate had been doing the past three years what we already learned in previous episodes.

Sadly, one person did not have a flashback; Claire. Which is pretty bad news seeing she is one of my favorite characters. Maybe the writes just forgot about her of maybe the scene got deleted I don't know, still, I would have loved to learn more about her.

So apart from the flashbacks, what did happen? This episode seemed to revolve around three things:

The first one is obvious, the hatch. Jack, Kate, Locke, Hurley and new guy Arzt visit the Black Rock in search of dynamite. It is great to see the characters in a new setting, things usually seem to happen on the beach or in the caves. After a rather surprising scene with Arzt the gang heads back to the hatch. On their way back they run into the monster once again and as always Locke doesn't seem to worried about it. That is, untill he get's dragged along a few meters untill Jack and Kate save him. Since Boone's death, Locke is definately getting creepier, which just makes it even more interesting. At the end, they finally reach the hatch when Hurley notices the "numbers" are scratched on the side of the hatch. Seeing all the bad luck those numbers have given Hurley he doesn't want to open the hatch anymore but sadly he is too late. No matter how much he screams, Locke lights the fuse. The hatch opens and we have to wait till next season.

The second story revolved around Claire's baby who she finally named: Aaron. Danielle lost her child Alex 16 years ago when the "Others" took the child away from her. Danielle thinks is she gives Aaron she can get Alex back. Not the best idea I might add! Charlie and Sayid head out after her and are able to bring Aaron home safely.

The third story focused on Michael, Jin, Sawyer and Walt who were all on the raft. Considering the amount of scenes they had you just knew something would happen. The season ends when they run into at boat about 16 miles from the island who could be the "Others" we have been hearing so much about. I must admit, I didn't think they'd look like this. They look more like, modern pirates but I guess we will learn more the next season.

Although this episode didn't add any anwser to all those questions and we had to see a lot of stuff we already knew, it was a great episode and great acting from the cast.

It ended exactly the way it should have. After seeing this, you wanted more right?

• wow!

wow! this episode had me on edge, way to leave us with a cliff hanger for this season! I can't wait to see how it all works out. Great plot and great twists in this episode, well worth the two hours in my mind. Hope Walt is okay and Sawyer!
  • whoa

Love the plot twist, it's what got me hooked in the first place and I expected no less in the season finale. Slowly revealing the Characters past lives, all while twisting and turning in the evolution of what is the island and those who inhabit it. A puzzle at first glance makes no sense.....
  • Great season finale for one of the best shows on TV

Great season finale for one of the best shows on TV
    I can not wat for series 2
    what do you now of it
    in november I'em fly to LA from sydney
    I hope this did not hape to me
    this is a good show
    and I hop they more to came
    in series 2 and more
  • As Sawyer,Michael,Jin and Walt continue to brave the ocean, back on the island more trouble is brewing as Kate, Jack, Locke and Hurley must continue through the jungle to open the hatch. And Danielle takes Claires baby. But why do The Others want the boy?

7.9
    A rather unoriginal episode where no offense but if you have half a brain when Danielle said they want the boy theres only one other "boy" on the island Walt.It was good but at the same time it was boring they could have done it so much better for what its worth. I mean good lord they could have given us a much better cliffhanger than looking down the hatch. you knew they weren't gonna show us what was inside. and also you knew with Sawyer being shot hes not dead.
  • a bad ending for what was promising to be a great show.

When I first watched the fist two episodes of Lost, I said this is going to be one hell of a tv series because no movie had enough time to make you feel like you have been lost on an island, and the monster thing I thought it was neat, but then the series took a kind of slow pace (I mean it is nice to know the story of each the main characters but that is not why I watch the show).

The only reason I watched this show is I wanted to see how they are going to end it and get my f***ing answers.And at the end NO ANSWERS, NONE, NADA. there are so many questions that need to be answered, don't get me wrong I love a little excitment, but this is too much. I mean you haven't answered anything.

Starting by: how come nobody is searching for the plane( doesn't the plane have a black box that they can track? or any of the people on the plane have families that search for them?), what is this monster?(all we know that it is a "securtiy system"), what is a polar bear doing on a tropical island?, who the f*** is Ethan?, where did he came from if not from the plane?, who build the hatch?, what's inside?, what is this have to do with the numbers?, who are the others?, and what happened to the raft?

if you noticed these are the questions that defines the show, without them the show can be concluded by: a plane crashed, 48 survived, Nothing Happened!!!!!!

Concluding the above, this is not a bad show and there are some good episodes, and there are some good acting, but it could have ended better.

• Great season finale for one of the best series on TV!

I'll write the review for the whole "Exodus" episode as if it was a 3-hour special episode.

I think that this was a great episode and a wonderful season finale. I wasn't expecting much closure in this episode, I certainly expected some amazing cliffhanger. For all those people who were dissapointed with the lack of conclusions I say, relax... I read somewhere that the producers wanted the show to last for eight seasons, so it makes sense that no so much is revealed right now. If they've had revealed all the stuff (the hatch, the monsters, the numbers, etc) in this 3-hour episode I think that the show would have to turn in a whole different direction for the next seasons, and I certainly don't want that to happen.

Being that said, here are some of the things that I liked the most about the finale:

- Artz (or whatever it's spelled) blowing up was awesome, I jump off my seat and realised that I was leaning against the monitor.

- Jack hiding the dynamite, protecting Kate and taking the role of the leader. Note that if he had allowed Kate to take the dynamite she would've blow up when she ran off "the monster".

- The raft finally made his way to the water, great! (I loved the allusions to The Empire Strikes Back also)

- Hurley's reaction when he saw the freakin' numbers in the hatch.

- Jack talking about "the Locke situation". Sadly, I must agree with him... I used to like Locke the most in his Yoda-like way to tell everybody what they needed to hear. But I think that maybe he'll be one of the problems the next season. Great performance by Terry O'Quinn.

- Hurley getting to the plane, was a funny moment.

- I really didn't like Charlie grabbing the heroin, but I've feared that since the moment Boone said that the plane was full of it. Hope that Claire and Aaron will get him out of his addiction (It's a great storyline for the next season though).

- The boy was Walt... I feared that when Danielle said that they've wanted "the boy" but I thought that he has managed to escape in the raft. Michael's screm at the very end was gret.

- I think something really really bad will come out of the mysterious hatch... Walt knew it, that's why he left. Did anyone else noticed that the stairs are broken? There are only a few steps intact and then... who knows.

- Sawyer getting shot... hope he'll return for the next season, he was a great character. I assume that he will, since he couldn't say goodbye to "freckles".

- I liked that the season finale wasn't centered in one of the main characters, almost everybody got his flashback... except Claire, I wonder why.

Finally... will Michelle Rodriguez star in the next season? Hope so, I guess that she will be there on the island with Rose's husband and some more people... maybe that's the people who answered Boone's mayday.

• Great season finale for one of the best shows on TV!

- Hurley getting to the plane, was a funny moment.

• Excelent season finale for one of the best shows on TV!

- Hurley getting to the plane, was a funny moment.

Well, that's it... I really loved the ending and the whole season of the show. I think is one of the best TV series that I've saw in a long time... and if you check my preferences you will see that i watch A LOT of TV. Now there's nothing more to do than wait for the next season... I don't know when it will premiere here in Argentina (Not till 2006 I guess, since the next episode is "Deux ex machina").
  • GREAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!

I thought that this episodes was absolutly amazing . . . . left us all wanting more . . . . I can\'t wait for the new season to begin and to find out what is in the hatch.... where did they take Walt... What will happen to Sawyer, Jin and Michael...!!!!!?!?!? Will Locke become a problem?
  • I like cliffhangers, but some closers need to be made.

We know they get on the plain in Aussie, it has been told and told and told and ....
    Anyway some relations need to be more developed and getting more deepness. It all stays very superficial , how many dirt can 1 person make?

I wonder why I still want to see the next episode, I do not drink, do not eat, do not sleep the 2 days before airing the next show.
< 1 2