Lost

Eggtown

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 21, 2008 on ABC

• Warning! This review contains spoilers and extreme cynicism, read at your own discretion.

This episode revolves around Kate and her trial once she's off the island and becomes yet another member of the Oceanic 6. Not much happens in her off - island story except that she gets off. Any scene that is part of this dreary plot lags and i'm still convinced that Evangeline Lilly who plays Kate is just not a very good actress despite her looks.

On the island however Kate beds Sawyer and tells him that she's not pregnant and busts out the prisoner Miles to speak to the other prisoner Ben where he demands milions of dollars. Not much time is spent on the beach which means that Jack isn't given much time to chew on the scenery; that honour goes to the passive - agressive Miles. Miles is sleazy, mumbles and is demanding lots of money (3.2 million to be exact) for nothing; it looks like we have an asian Marlon Brando on Lost. There have been many major twists in entertainment:

The Others - They are all ghosts

Sixth Sense - Malcolm Crowe is dead

The Empire Strikes Back - Darth Vader is Luke's father

The Crying Game - Dil is a man

Planet of the Apes - They were on earth all along

and Psycho - The Mother is Norman in drag.

The so - called "cliffhanger" in this episode is that Aaron (Claire's baby) calls Kate Mom. This is meant to make us ecstatic to see the next episode but really it just fizzles for a show like Lost there're a million and one twists they could've thrown at us and this one just falls flat. The character of Ben may be beaten, tied to a chair and locked in a metal cell but he still has everyone around him cowering with Michael Emerson's subtle chilliness that has only been matched by Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs. There is yet another "Secret Clue" or "Unanswered Question" which can only be noticed by people who have Tivo and examine every frame of the episode. Clearly the people who notice these don't have a life and with the direction of this season still not clear; i'm beginning to think the same about me.

This episode will keep a fan happy; there's plenty of mystery, drama and comedy but it's getting to the point where quality isn''t enough and the actual answers to the questions we've been asking since Season 1 is all that we demand.