Lost

?

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 10, 2006 on ABC

• Michael Dawson: one of the two most contemptible characters in the entire Lost saga

Lost contains many characters, who are admirable, contemptible, or somewhere in between.

Michael Dawson considers it acceptable to murder innocents, merely because he is impatient to be reunited with his son Walt.

True, Walt has been abducted by "The But that hardly justifies Michael betraying and even murdering one's own friends and allies. Especially when the only threat "The Others" issued was that Michael would be kept from seeing Walt again, not that they would kill Walt.

Michael must be considered one of the two most contemptible characters in the entire Lost saga.

Michael: "I'm going after my son, and nobody is going to stop me. Okay? Okay? That is my right. That is a father's right!"

Going after one's son is a father's right. Murdering innocents is not anybody's right.

Michael's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

The other of course, is Locke's father, Anthony Cooper, a cold blooded sociopath who cons his own son out of a kidney, then pushes him out the window of a high rise condo to cover up a murder he committed.
  • Awesome.

Mr. Eko and Locke find another Dharma station, which is monitoring the other stations via video surveillance. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors struggle with the shooting victims in the hatch. In flashbacks, Eko investigates a miracle as a priest in Australia. What a awesome episode. I loved Me Eko's dreams. I love the scene where Jack, Sawyer, Kate, John, Eko and Michael walk into the hatch and find Anan Lucia and Libby dead or shot. Amazing scene, and then Libby wakes up. I love John and Eko scenes - they are both awesome. I love the hatch scenes so amazing and sad. I feel sorry for Hurley about Libby. I cry when it's Hurley and Libby's scene - so sad and then the scene after that when Libby actually dies. I love what John and Eko find. I love where Sawyer's stash is.
  • I saw this before, it\'s just another unoriginal episode Like this series is, crappy! Why i give it 10, joyful to watch yet unoriginal. A character with no back story dies, huh how predictable.

Joyful 2 watch yet crappy. You agree with text back, Livey Didnt die, you cant die in the island with out having a backstory, i can tell a year worth of plotline, livey is a other, she had too die because michael had to get the mission in which getting \"henry\" out of the hatch, a fifth hatch is discovered, and now america is clueless in whether to agree with ecko or linby crip locke,
  • The big question is what loss is the greatest?

We haven't seen much of Eko since his confrontation with Henry Gale in 'Maternity Leave', but we got a pretty good sign that the island was sending him a message before he got there. In '?", the island talks both to him, and the island's original disciple, Locke, only the message that they both get will put their faith in opposite directions.

Eko has a revelatory dream where the dead (including Ana, who has just crossed over) tell him to find 'the question mark'. Eko returns to the hatch and finds that one of the people on the island he was closest too is dead, and another has been mortally wounded. Yet rather than mourn, he takes Locke with him on part of a search to about the only thing that Locke knows for certain was on the blast door map. Reluctantly, he leads him to where he thinks it is, only to find the plane that both he and Eko found for different reason early in their searches, Then (in one of the episode high points) Locke has a dream in which he is Eko, and gives them the nudge he needs to figure out where the island has been leading them. What they discovering is a bigger surprise---- another hatch, which leads to the third Dharma station we've seen---- the Pearl.

What we see in the station is an even bigger shock--- televisions and monitoring equipment as well as a series of pneumatic tubes. Searching, Eko discovers another Orientation film, this time on a videotape. This time the footage in even more mysterious. The doctor who called himself Marvin Candle, now calls himself Mark Wickman (neither of which is his real name, by the way) and reveals that the Pearl is monitoring the Swan while its participants perform an experiment.

Locke faith has been diminishing all season--- Charlie's supposed lapse, Sawyer stealing the guns from him, Henry Gale's playing with his head--- but what he sees here completely destroys him. This can be seen by many way, but the clearest demonstration occurs by two actions. When Locke and Eko first unearth the hatch, he stops Eko from going first, saying 'May I?' But when he gets a glimpse of what the Pearl is doing, he takes the map he's been slaving over for the past three episodes, sticks it in one of the tubes, and launches it to parts unknown. He doesn't need to see the orientation video to be shattered, he believes he's been tricked, and becomes the man who got on the plane in Sydney, the angry man with nothing left to live for.

Eko, on the other hand, has been rejuvenated with the faith that Locke had in Season 1. When he found the footage from the orientation film in the Bible, he dismissed it more or less as coincidence. But after what the island has shown him--- the plane that his brother landed that took him halfway around the world, it's original location leading to Locke, it's ending up in a position that illustrates the question mark that Locke found on the map, and that under it was yet another Dharma station--- all this convinces him that the island has been guiding him all along, and that this is a destiny guiding him. He knows that Locke has lost his faith, and that he must recover it in order to do 'the work that the island wanted'.

With all this, we wouldn't expect much of a flashback, but we get a couple of kickers in this one. Eko continued his impersonation of a priest while he was in Australia (we never do find out how he got there) when he was called into investigate a miracle-- a young girl who drowned, and then somehow managed to come back to life. The father of the girl prevents Eko from ever talking to her by saying that this was an act of defiance by his wife because of his belief (I'll get back to him), and Eko seems more than willing to dismiss what he has learned. But when he is about to board Oceanic 815, the girl comes up to Eko with a message from Yemi, encouraging him for what he's done, and that he will see him again. The biggest shock of all comes when the father is revealed to be Richard Malkin, the same psychic who told Claire that she couldn't give her baby up for adoption, then put her on the same flight that Eko ended up on. Clearly, the psychic knew the plane was going to crash, and that Claire and Eko had to be on it. I can guess at Eko's reason; I can't see Claire's--- yet. (Eko also runs into Libby while getting on the plane, but that's only minimally interest)

Eko may have regained his fait, but everyone else in the hatch is shattered. All Jack can do is make her comfortable, so he tells Sawyer that he needs the heroin to make her passing peaceful. While doing so, Hurley learns what has happened to Libby, and is even more shattered than we can expect. This is another blow that he will never really get over, and you can tell that just by seeing how shattered he is.

Two people die in this episode, but the biggest casualty is Locke's faith. All season he has been engaged in a power struggle with Jack over the hatch, and now it seems that Jack was right about it all along, which must be the bitterest pill of all. He tells Eko early on that it's not his hatch anymore, Henry Gale's deception has led to more death, and now it seems this island has been playing with him. Eko may have regained his faith, but Locke's cynicism is no less dangerous, and will cause the castaways to face their greatest threat to date.
    My score:9
  • Eko Second Episode and continues to be one of the Best Episodes of this Season 2, with a Great Revelation!!!

LogiC -» It is incredible how Eko episodes can be this good. The writers managed to do it again. This is not season 1 anymore, where you spend a entire episode for the deaths, it is about give them meaning.

Eko and Locke found another Hatch and with this a secret, Of course, since this Hatch location was unkown, it was necessary to make that strange dream that gave both Eko and Lock intructions to find this Hatch.

Eko Flashbacks are only a little behind his last flashbacks, but still very interesting and strange at the same time.

Emotions -» It is possible not to feel sorry for Hurley? Just because he forgot to bring blankets, Libby ended in the wrong place and ended death.

We have a episode with SAdness, some little tension, since Libby was alive and Michael could be discovered as the murdurer, a intrigue and strange episode regarding Eko and Locke and a revelation that is a surprise for some part of the audience.

Progression - » Libby is death, the managment of her death was well done. Eko follow the intructions of his dream and have a new purpose now, and Locke lost the rest of his Faith about the Hatch and about himself as someone special. Eko flashbacks only serves and support the events on the Island.

Ending - » Nothing special, but it was not necessary in this episode to create a strong ending.

Overall - » SAd, revealing, Strange and interesting, all at the same time.

Overall - » SAd, revealing, Strange and interesting, all at the same time.
  • Down Under/BB

Otra escotilla y van... Pero esta parecería tener algo especial, ser la más importante... y allá vamos. Mr. Eko, su extraño sueño y John Locke van en busca del gran signo de interrogación. Siguiendo el mapita en papel llegan donde el avión nigeriano quemado se encuentra. Y debajo de este encuentran otro down under. Dentro una gran big brother cocina llena de televisores desde donde se puede observar lo que sucede en cada una de las otras escotillas. John se desilusiona al saber que todo fue en vano, Eko no cree lo mismo. Esto es una locura sin escalas, Lynch un poroto.
  • Eko's second and best episode reveals a shocking secret on the island hidden in yet another Hatch.

Eko's second episode has as much to do with Locke's journey as Eko's.
    When the two men both discover the Pearl station and the secrets it holds inside Locke's belief in the island's magical properties diminishes very quickly, while Eko's takes a dramatic rise.
    ? is all about a turning of the tables with these characters. Who would have thought that Locke would be suddenly so sarcastic towards his own faith. The way he says, "Boone was a sacrifice the island demanded" the way that he does is shocking and much different to how he said it at the end of Season 1.
    So now Eko has become the new island shaman and faith-follower.
    The events of this episode feel very similar to Locke's semimal episode, "Deus Ex Machina", but here Eko is Locke and Locke is Boone, who seems to be following in the shadow of Eko's quest.
    The Pearl hatch is really cool and tap directly into a popular theory amongst fans that the island is one experiment and the crash survivors are the unwitting test subjects. It all seems like The Truman Show or 1984. Locke's anguish is expertly acted out by Terry O'Quinn. He really is the best actor on the show, no question. In fact he is so good that he sometimes makes everyone else seem so average.
    The Locke/Eko plotline takes precedence over much of the episode. The Swan hatch plotline is building though and a plan is beginning to emerge to take on the Others in the attempt to get Walt back, while Michael may have an ulterior motive. It is amazing to conceive how much he has changed since we first saw him. The final shot when Michael stares at the Swan computer rather psychotically is telling.
    As a side-note I find it interesting that Sawyer called Libby....Libby, rather than a nickname. She has got a nickname, but a nice one at that, Moonbeam! I thought that Sawyer liked Libby for some reason, which is why he didn't at any point get nasty toward her. Maybe he needs to like her because he likes Hurley or is it because on their trek back to the fusies camp Libby was the only one that really cared about Sawyer's welfare. She was the one that went to Sawyer when he collapsed from exhaustion and encouraged him to carry on. I believe the latter.
    The Eko flashback was interesting and included yet another character connection, which is the psychic Richard Malkin, that saw Claire met Eko.
    The playback of the coroner's tape to Eko is terrifying. That scream from Charlotte Malkin curdled my blood.
    The opening Eko dream sequence was well edited with 20 quick shots of Eko's life experiences.
    In the dream Eko sees his brother in the hatch while it shakes all around them. Is this a foreshadowing of things to come?
    A thoroughly enjoyable episode, which really makes things even more interesting as the season approaches its conclusion.
  • We have Mr Eko going on a quest with Locke regarding and searching for the question mark. We have the others returning to the bunker just as Michael is falling out of the door. Libby has a slow and painful death.

With Michael pouring himself out of the bunker, the others find him and the bodies of Ana and Libby. Ana is dead but Libby is barely alive, so they go to the aid of Libby, they manage to stabilise her but they need the heroin from the statues, so that means that Sawyer has to go and show Kate where his stash is, which was not what he had planned, but Sawyer also takes all the guns back too.

Mr Eko and Locke go to see if they could pick up the trail of Henry, after 45 minutes of travelling through the jungle, Locke wants to know why they are heading through the jungle, that he could not see a trail. They stumble across the burnt out plane and decide to camp there, where Mr Eko tells of his dreams that he has had to Locke.

Hurley asks if anyone has seen Libby as he is still wanting to go on his date, Kate tells him what has happened and takes him and the statue to Jack in the bunker, where he administers some heroin in order to make her in less pain, meanwhile with her last breathe she says Michael, and is told that he is fine and will make it. A real sad end to this character, more for Hurleys sake really.

The following morning, Locke awakes and tells Mr Eko of his dream, about the priest and of climbing the vines on the cliff face. Which as Locke is still on crutches Eko does, then when he is at the top, he turns around and finds the "?" he was looking for, so climbs right back down. The ground where the plane lies is salted, so nothing can grow, but we saw that the ?" is in the earth, the plane tail is over the dot, so they both move it and discover the hatch, its meaning and the orientation film for the pearl.

The episode leaves Locke and Eko faith in the bunker has been restored. Kate is comforted by cuddling into Sawyer as she adjusts to their deaths, leaving Jack being alone in the bathroom with his post-op blues.
  • Brill

Haven't writen one for about a month so here it goes.
    Mr. Eko and Locke find another DHARMA station. Jack and the other survivors struggle to cope with the situation in the hatch and Michael struggles to keep his dark secret about murdering Ana Lucia and Libby. Eko remembers the miracle he had to investigate.
    ? Is a great and entertianing episode with many new mysteries being asked and answers. I used to look forward to Eko centric episodes because I used to really enjoy his backstory and they always left me wanting to know more it was a shame that he died.
  • It wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it.. Great one

It was a tearjerker watching Libby die. I felt more for Ana-Lucia though, as her past was worse as well as her having a major role on the show.
    This episode didn't exactly give the answers that we would want, meaning Michael, the battle with the others and Henry. But this entire aspect focussed on Eko and John Locke finding a new hatch was a great one. A new hatch yet again.. Wow..
    Eko's flashbacks took place just before the plane crash and in which Claire's physcic, Richard Malcom was dealing with Eko when a crazy miracle occured. Richard's daughter died and came back to life?! No, it was something completely stupid, like nonsence lol...
    Ana-Lucia and Libby's death was sad, I just can't get over how sad this one was. And in the end, it always comes down to the button needing to be pushed... 4 8 15 16 23 42.
    Eko had some real good sense while he was in the Pearl. He's a great man who'll push that button regardless. Yemi was a great character tonight too.
    So basically, how is Michael gonna be able to lie to the group in order to get Walt back? Hopefully that will be revealed next time. Henry Gale is probably back and with an army to capture or kill the Oceanic 815 survivors. Overall, not my favourite, but all in all, I loved it.
  • A Mr. Eko-centric episode.

Let me just start off this review by saying that as whole, I didn't really care for this episode all that much. I just didn't think that this was a very interesting episode. Although, I have to admit that I've never been all that interested in the character Mr. Eko, so I usually don't really like Mr. Eko-centric episodes all that much. Once again, I have to say that I thought that it was great getting to see Michael again. Even though he didn't have the biggest role in this episode, his being in this episode contributed a lot to my overall enjoyment of this episode. All things considered, I thought that this was a good episode, but it definitely wasn't my favorite episode.
  • Absolutely amazing!

Eko has flashbacks of when he was posing as a priest and a woman proclaims that her daughter came back to life from the dead. The husband says that it didn't really happen, but the girl says to Eko that his brother says that he believes in him.

Eko has strange dreams of Ana Lucia and his brother. They are telling him to help Locke and to find the question mark. Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Locke get to the hatch to find an injured Michael, dead Ana and an unconscious Libby. Henry has escaped. Michael is nervous that Libby is alive. Locke and Eko find another hatch that has cameras to their hatch. The orientation talks about how they are to keep track of what the other hatches are doing. Libby dies and Hurley is devastated.

This episode was so great! With the reveal of the Pearl hatch and Libby being alive, but then dying, it was all so great! I don't like Michael. This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • That was excellent.

What an episode. I think this episode was a very good follow up to Two For The Road. It's not season 1 anymore where you can spend an entire episode on a death, but it's also not something to rush. The writers did a brilliant job by concluding the deaths AND progressing the island story. Much better than what they did in Collision. The LockEko duo was always exciting, but it's finally fully fleshed out in this episode. Locke has lost his way, and Eko has to save him. He has similiar visions to Locke in Deus Ex Machina. Apparently the island requires Locke to continue pushing the button as it's a critical thing to do. Hmm.

The only thing preventing me from giving this a perfect 10 is the flashback. It was short, but for the most, uninteresting. It's weird considering Eko's previous flashback was absolutely stunning. But the ending of it was good with the girl telling Eko that Yemi(Eko's brother) visited her in her dreams. It was weird that the island asked Eko to go to the "?" which Locke seen on the blast door map, as it appears to be another Dharma station. According to the orientation, the purpose of the station is to observe the Swan station(where Jack and co are) because it's all a psychological experiement. This doesn't help Locke, it just makes him even more lost, on the other hand, it makes Eko believe in pushing the button. There's some great dialouge here that is very meaningful, but it's still a bit "hmmph".

Although there's no cliffhanger, the ending's very powerful with hinting towards the fact Michael holds everyone's fate in his hands.
  • I thought it was sad when Libby died saying Michael's name (although I did like how Sawyer comforted Kate when Kate was crying)

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold And she's buying the stairway to heaven. When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed With a word she can get what she came for. Ooh, ooh, and she's buying the stairway to heaven. There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure 'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings. In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven. Ooh, it makes me wonder, Ooh, it makes me wonder. There's a feeling I get when I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees, And the voices of those who stand looking. Ooh, it makes me wonder, Ooh, it really makes me wonder. And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune Then the piper will lead us to reason. And a new day will dawn for those who stand long And the forests will echo with laughter. If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now, It's just a spring clean for the May queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run There's still time to change the road you're on. And it makes me wonder. Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, The piper's calling you to join him, Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know Your stairway lies on the whispering wind. And as we wind on down the road Our shadows taller than our soul. There walks a lady we all know Who shines white light and wants to show How everything still turns to gold. And if you listen very hard The tune will come to you at last. When all are one and one is all To be a rock and not to roll. And she's buying the stairway to heaven.
  • Michael is getting on my nerves!!!

7.8
    I am so mad at Michael for shooting Ana Lucia, and Libby. I use to like him in the beginning, but mid way through this season he started get on my nerves. I know as a parent you would do anything for you child but it shouldnt cost other people their lives. Next theres Ecko and his flashbacks. They bore me to death. I think he has the least interesting Flashbacks out of all the ones I've seen so far. Locke and Ecko start to form some type of aliance, and ends up discovering a new hatch. i am glad that Lockes obsesion is over, but now i think Ecko's new obsession will irritate me.
  • Felt Like Writing A couple Of Reviews.

Haven't writen one for about a month so here it goes.
  • "If you do not continue to push the button, John...I will."

Eko and Locke make a startling discovery in this episode, and it completely changes both characters. Eko's faith is strengthened even more, and Locke's is completely destroyed. The events that occur here are going to be critically important to the season finale, so pay attention.

Eko has a prophetic dream to start the episode, where Ana-Lucia (complete with gunshot wound) tells him to help John. She turns into Yemi, who makes the mission clearer: John has lost his way, and Eko must go to the ? that was on the map. The acting of both Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Terry O'Quinn is absolutely perfect in this episode, and I think it's the best acting of the season thus far. Locke goes through so many emotions, and Terry hits them all perfectly. Eko's back story could easily have been terribly cheesy, and his conviction that they must get to the question mark could also go wrong, since Eko has no idea what it is. Adewale somehow makes you believe everything, and it's a comfort to know that at least Eko wasn't shot by Michael.

The discovery of the Pearl station is a great moment, and Locke's joy comes back when he asks Eko if he could open the hatch, so that he could lay claim to opening two hatches on the island. This comes after his deep cynicism earlier. He was against going to the question mark, and then said that the Swan was not his hatch, which he had already said earlier to Ana-Lucia. You can also see him rethinking everything he's said. He repeats the line he gave Jack when Boone died-a sacrifice the island demanded. That's the Locke that emerges from the station. Eko finds the Orientation film for the station, which is quite different from the Swan's. Aside from the fact that it's a different bunker, Marvin Candle has changed his name to Mark Wickmund, probably so that people from the testing station can't talk to other people and realize the ruse, and he has the use of both of his arms (his left arm was prosthetic in the previous film). He also says that the Swan station is all an experiment. This shatters Locke, especially when he finds the pneumatic tube system used to transport journals, and a log of how many times the button was pushed. It's a great contrast between Eko and Locke-one man has had his faith destroyed, and the other has had it renewed. Locke says the Swan hatch is a joke, which is exactly what Fenry told him. Eko, however, thinks that they are meant to press the button. It's not clear to the audience why he thinks it's so important, but Eko soon tells us. We see the airport flashback, and then Eko spells everything out for the audience (and Locke). We already knew everything he says, about Yemi and the drug plane, but when Eko actually puts it all together, we realize just how amazing everything is. Yemi was killed as a result of Eko's actions, and ended up on the island. Eko's life was saved, but he was working a job he didn't deserve, and he also ended up on the island. Yemi's plane fell into the exact spot where the dot would be in the question mark, and led the two of them to the Pearl. Locke may not think the Swan is important, but fate definitely played a part here, and I'm siding with Eko on this one.

The flashbacks aren't as spectacular as Eko's last set, and really serve to make the scene in the Pearl station more impacting. The most interesting scene in them is the meeting between Eko and Richard Malkin. The story is that Malkin's daughter was dead, but came back to life. Her mother thinks it's a miracle, but Eko is skeptical-his faith hasn't been renewed yet. The scene between Eko and the psychic is very intriguing, and also makes us rethink Claire's past. Malkin says he's a fraud, and that he really can't see into the future. Is he lying, or does he mean it? If he means it, his convictions to Claire become a lot less important, and the shock of that episode goes away. It seems more likely that he's lying, although why is not quite clear. However you look at it, two of the Losties are where they are as a result of one man. There's another example of fate.

The last flashback, in the airport, is very important to Eko's beliefs on the island. The girl tells him that while she was dead, she saw Yemi, who said that Eko was a good priest. Eko clearly doesn't believe this, until he finds the Beechcraft plane. What this does for the episode is explain where Eko's faith came from, but it also makes me think of The 23rd Psalm in an even better light. The last scene by the plane is even more emotional when you realize how important it was to Eko. It meant he truly was a priest, and that's why he was able to put the necklace on without shame.

The subplot of the episode deals with the fallout of Michael's actions in the hatch. Fenry is gone, and Michael says that he is the one who did everything. The scene when Libby spits blood out of her mouth and we realize she's alive is a huge shock to the audience, but an even bigger one to Michael. This storyline could easily have been taken out-it's not necessary that Libby suffers, but it is important to Michael's story this season. The fact that he now has to actively want someone to die makes the audience turn against him even more. Michael shooting Ana and Libby was bad, but the fact that the audience knows he wouldn't have done it if he didn't have to slightly redeems him. However, now that he is hoping for Libby to die makes him even more of a villain, though he isn't one truly. We'll just have to see what really happened in the Others' camp before making our final decision (that's next episode).

This is the storyline where all the emotion comes from. All of the characters struggle to comprehend what's going on, and aren't able to think clearly. Sawyer is irritable and quite angry, more than he would normally be. Jack is snapping at everyone as well. We know he has problems with certain things, but when he's in a doctor position, he can usually get it together and focus on what he has to do. He has no idea what to do in this case, though. Kate asks him what she should do, and all Jack says is to keep pressure on the wound. He then gets up and starts talking to Michael. Apparently, his bedside manner hasn't exactly improved. The decision to use the heroin to ease Libby's passing is a difficult one, and it means telling Hurley what happened. This is my biggest problem with the episode. I'm sorry, but the scene when Hurley finds out what happened to her is terrible. The no audible dialogue and sad music worked with Shannon hearing about Boone's death, but there's just something that doesn't work here for me. I think if the cut had been made when Hurley said, "You guys seen Libby?" the scene would have worked beautifully, as every time I see him say that I immediately feel so sorry for him. Hurley is such a nice guy and his life has been so hard, it's nice that something good finally happened to him. In a way, this is the saddest death of all. Hurley's scene with Libby is the saddest of the episode, and the saddest scene in a long time. Jorge Garcia is so great in this scene, it's always a really emotional moment, especially when she dies. Even Jack has tears in his eyes. Then there's the shot of the broken Mary statue's head, which then turns to Kate, whom Sawyer is comforting. The whole sequence is beautifully written and directed, and the beep of the button throughout it all reminds the audience that life goes on, and that this is not the end of the season. The episode ends on Michael, and the viewer wonders just what the Others said to him to make him do what he did.

This is a wonderful episode, and tops the one that came before it. Both the main story and the subplot are done wonderfully, with the exception I pointed out above. There's only two episodes left this season, and if you think you know exactly what's going to happen, then think again. The next episode will set up the season finale, but it's not going to be what anyone thinks-it'll be much better.
  • great episode

Mr. Eko dreams about his long lost brother who died in Africa. He asks Locke's help in finding a secret location that's marked with a question mark. Jack and the others find out what happened to Ana Lucia, Libby survives a gun attack and she's clinging to her life. It's a really good episode, we see stuff happening in this episode, the writers really made this episode look so interesting. It kept me glued to the tv from the start to finish, it's a nice episode, I love the mystery and the way the story unfolded. It's really exciting, great episode.
  • And yet anothe hatch is found.

So in this episode Locke and Eko travel into the jungle to search for the mysterious question mark hatch and they do find it. It was in the place no one would have imagined under the drug plane. So after Eko and Locke open thr hatch and clime down they mystery begins to unfold. Nine different screens are seen. One screen is still working and is showing footage of the swan hatch. There is also evidence that someone has been watching them. Locke puts on an orientation video and we find out that the Swan inhabitants are being tested, to see how long they can handle pushing the button. SO Locke is shoced everything he has been doing was a lie but Eko seems to think otherwise. Eko also finds a note pads which are supposed to be used to record what you see on the monitors. Overall i think this episode is a classic mainly becuase it is really the first time we are introduced to anter hatch. Really like this episode a lot. The back story is Eko based.
  • Woah...Gibby died! So much for the clinical psycologist.

First off, I cried at the end(well not to that extent, but it was very saddening). So Eko has flashbacks and has a dream of his brother that tells him to get Locke to tell him about the question mark. In the end they find another hatch. While this is happening Anna Lucia is dead and Gibby is dying. It was so sad in the end when Gibby dies and Hurly is there crying. When her eyes were open as she died and she said "Michael" Jack closed her eyes and it was so sad! It was a great(but sad) episode. That's my review.
  • Review

After wacthing this episode, I think had they once again named the episode "Man of Science, Man of Faith" it would have been a very good comparision episode to how Locke has changed over the course of this season. His faith in what he was destined to do has been shattered, yet Mr. Eko seems like he has found what he is supposed to do on the island. It looks like John will be leaving the hatch and getting back to the old John Locke that we all got so used to in Season 1. I think the Michael - Libby storyline was pretty filler for now. Libbys death was needed so that Michael could come up with a story for whatever reason he is still there. His intensions are still unknown and with the end of the season coming up, it should be a pretty intense finale. I thought Ekos flashback was not really about Eko, but more or less dropping the bomb that the phychic that Claire saw was a fraud, which means that him foreseeing the crash was clearly not what happened. Im kind of intrigued as to why he wanted the couple in Los Angeles to have the baby so bad, but maybe we will learn more later on.
  • Another hatch found...

Another Dharma Initiative "Hatch" is found, This time being called "The Pear" which is obviously represented by a white pearl. Another Dream Faith is occurred and this time Mr. Eko is the one who has to save the day.

Mr. Eko is toled in a dream by his dead brother or his brother's "spirit" That Mr. Eko needs to find the question mark. Mr. Eko soon find it with the help of Locke, in that hatch there is another 5 of 6 Orientation video. And about Michael, it turns out that he is alive. Michael blamed Henry for Killing Ana-Lucia and Shooting Michael and Libby, and for what turns out to be bad for Michael is that Libby is alive, and Libby could simple say these simple words "Michael Shot Us" and then all worlds would turn.
  • This episode is about Eko.

Mr. Eko has dreams about his brother leading him somewhere. He seeks Locke's help in finding a secret location, the "question mark." The ? is the location of a hatch under it that watches/monitors other hatches and you have to Wright in a note book about what the people are doing. The note books are then sent into a tube that leads to a pile of other note books. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors grapple with the horrific situation in the hatch with the death of Ana-Lucia and Libby clinging to life. My favorite part of this episode is when we see the funeral of Ana-Lucia and Libby.
  • Crazy Episode, Brill......

? I mean what a name.Anyway I loved this episode.I remember watching it in my mobile home with about 12 children and a few my age.Here was me telling all the kids to SHUT UP I love this proggramme and no one is gonna ruin this episode for me.All of a sudden,quiet.Anyway this was a great episode.We see that Eko has a dream in which the dead Anna-Lucia appears and tells him he must find the ? with Locke.It was so mysterious.Anyway he finds Locke and they go on the journey to find the ?.They keep having dreams between them that helped them find it.When they did find it all I could think is that WOW another hatch.It was really cool inside there and there was a orientationfilm telling them that this was an observing station.IT was a really great episode, specially for Eko.
    LOST
  • Lost continues to impress.

I'm so glad that Lost didn't do what most of the shows do: a death occurs, and the following episode always revolves around that event, resulting in a painful, filler, slow episode.

? is the opposite. It was a great pre-finale episode, to set up the main storyline for the big one, but also had great emotional and i must add sad scenes.

The episode is Eko centric. Unfortunately his flashbacks this time weren't as impressive as in his first episode, but they were quite short, and his last flashback was ended with a bang.

On the island, Michael tells the survivors that Henry escaped and shot him, Libby and Ana.

Eko has a vision in which he gets told to help John and to find the question mark.

Not much later, him and Locke go on the big adventure. They discover another hatch, and in the hatch they make a fatal discovery. A discovery that makes Locke stop believeing. Definitely amazing. One of the best. It's a must watch.
  • It revealed so many questions, but the mystery still remains.

*** This may contain spoilers ***

This was a really great episode. I didn't think Michael actually killed Ana-Lucia and Libby, but... I was so mad that Libby tried to say "Michael..." and then she died. Beside Eko-Locke scenes, the episode was average, but since most of the episode was focused on them, episode was great. It was so creepy when they watched the tape. It revealed so many questions, but the mystery still remains. Hmh, I really wonder what will happen in next episode. Really!

I'm so sorry for Hurley :(. I really think he and Libby could make a great couple...
  • Cool episode, with two of my fav characters, interesting plot, really good directing. Nice play.

Well this is an important episode, because it helps us understand Eko and Locke a lot better. Both's plays are marvellous. Now is the time when i already am sure that these two people are genious actors. The plot is nice, but I couldnt understand the second dream - Eco falling down, Locke not telling about it, etc. The search for the mark is fairly made too. Libby's plot is heartbreaking and shocking, Michael is to be hated. The new Locke is born here. New storyline with the tape on which Michael's murder can could be seen. I liked this episode, though.
    Locke and Eko RULEZ

LOST
  • A great episode, the two men of Faith finally get together for an exciting adventure

7.4
    This was a good episode for series 2, something a bit more exciting happening; dreams that are linked, a new hatch UNDER the aeroplane that had Eko's brother in it and the heroin.

It is maybe a little to co-incidental that Jack needs the drugs to aid Libby in dying because if the drugs had not landed there, if Locke never dreamed about the plane, if Boone and Locke had not gone out to the plane, and if no one had brought back any statues then Jack would not have the heroin 'morphine' efffect.

Is this a clue to some of the show's ideas like control, the island/dharma/hanso being in control of these peoples lives all being linked. Or maybe the idea of things happening for a reason.

Moving to the discussion in the Pearl hatch between Eko and Locke is revealing of the difference between the two men of faith.

Locke just followed his faith blindly, he didnt think of the ramefacations of his actions because he wanted something to much. Eko know's his faith and does not follow it blindly, but makes sure he understands it before/while he follows it.

Also in the discussion in the hatch, Eko believes that the button must be pushed because it gives them something to do, it gives them purpose.

When Locke finds out that what he has been doing is just a psych evaluation, a psych test, it is showing of his knowledge when he doesnt think that maybe what those in the pearl were doing is just a psych test and what those in the swan are doing is actually real. What is more real than your subjects actually having a real situation to deal with? But back to the double bluff of the psych test; nearly everyone i know who watched that episode thought of the possibility that it could be a double bluff straight away. I think this is to show Locke's ignorance and self involvement of everything that happens has some part for him to be involved in and now that thing he was involved in appears to mean nothing, which should make him feel very small.

Overall a very intriguing episode but like many in season 2 of LOST it didnt give many answers and posed to many questions.
  • Meh, could have been better

I'll admit that most of the stuff that happened on the island in this episode was either; important, amazing or heart breaking, but Eko's flashback, which by the way was amazing in 23rd Psalm, just completely threw me off and made it hard for me to watch and enjoy.

I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me both ways, but if the episode was to have no flashback and just deal with everything on the island it would either get 9.9 from me or a perfect 10. The only reason why it got a high score from me was because I found it interesting that the physcic was just a fraud and Claire was just tricked into it.

Also I didn't much like the Pearl Hatch thing, but I loved the dream sequences and the plot back on the beach with Libby dying.

Eko: If you will not continue to push the button John... I will