Lost

Everybody Hates Hugo

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2005 on ABC

• But how could anyone hate Hurley?!

As Rose says, Hurley is probably the only lostie that everyone seems to like. He just has this cool, smooth "Yeah, it's all good" attitude that seems to make everyone comforatble around him. I thought this episode was interesting and pretty good. And that dream in which Walt is on the milk carton - a tribute ot the book "The Face on the Milk Carton"? - was....strange. But interesting allt he same. This is the second Hurley-centric episode, and, like in "Numbers," we see Hurley put under some pressure. He seems he does not want to repeat past bad experiences of being hated by those who were once friends because of something he has ot do for everyone's benefit. And I can't say that I blame him - after all, who wants to be hated? Well, Sawyer maybe, but otherwise.... I don't think that it was right for the losties to just suddenly jump to hating him either - I think they should have been more understanding, though I do see where their reactions were coming from.

I thought that the connection between Hurley and Charlie (though not much of a connection,) was interesting. Suckshaft? Not the most creative nickname, though a small part of me (guiltily because I like Charlie,) agrees with him about Driveshaft. Oooh and Hurley actually had a love interest! Good for him! I think that his friend (crap, I can't remember his name!) was probably mad at him after finding out about his winning lottery ticket..hopefully we'll find out more about that in future Hurley-centrics!