Lost

Everybody Hates Hugo

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2005 on ABC

• While it progressed the story a bit, for the most, it was a filler, but still remained enjoyable....

7.8
    This episode was really odd. I thought it was heading somewhere, but it wasn't really. Hurley's storyline was absolutely idiotic as far as the conclusion is concerned. He's afraid of responsibilities so he wants to blow up all of the food? Right.

Handing it out was indeed a good idea, but how can blowing it up even CROSS his mind? But apart from that, his scenes were enjoyable. No mysteries here like in "numbers", but his flashbacks were cool. We find out where he worked before he won the lottery, and how he tried not to disclose the truth. It's a bit unclear why, and the character motivations seem to be a bit dodgy, but it was a fun watch. What made it for me is how Rose finally got her prophecy proven. Bernard is alive on the other side of the island, and we also get to meet him. The back and forth scene showing them was really emotional, and VERY WELL done. I give credit to the director for this.

Overall, a slow, sometimes dodgy, but otherwise entertaining... episode. Radical change compared to the previous, really dark and plot driven episode, but you can't win them all.