Lost

Everybody Loves Hugo

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 13, 2010 on ABC

• It's true everyone does.....

I was eager to watch this episode, Hurley has been my favourite character since the beginning. He has so much depth and the question of whether he is crazy or does hear the voices has always intrigued me. I was disappointed that Libby and him never got the chance to be together and in a way I thought that since he is not the prettiest character that this meant he was just destined to end up alone. As is often the case on American TV the pretty people get happiness and the fat guy has to be the comic relief. Putting him together with Libby reversed this stereotype for a while then she was killed, a moment that's up there with Charlie dying in the list of great Lost 'Nooooooooooo' moments.

This episode was hands down the sweetist one, possibly in the whole run. Hurley is happy in the flash-sideways and no longer plagued by the lottery numbers that caused him so much grief, he is not mentally ill not on the island and Libby is alive. Too often the focus is just on getting answers, well this episode had those but I cared much less about them than Hurley's sideways life. And in the end the whispers being people trapped on the island is hardly ground breaking stuff, it's everything else that made this week so good. For 6 years we have watched Jack try to lead and finally he's realising that he needs to let go, and even though Jacob didn't tell Hurley what to do I believe that this visit to Locke must be the correct thing to do. Something has happened with Desmond, last week he was zapped with electricity this must have created some link between the 2 realities shown. In the sideways reality he tried to kill Locke, which must be important since he had to die in the normal reality too. And then in the normal reality he took an almost buddhist approach to the smoke monster that everyone else is scared off. This is not the last we have seen of Desmond in either reality and I think him and Daniel are the 2 key characters as we move towards the end.

Ultimately I stick to my long held position that anyone waiting for the answers to be spoonfed to them is going to miss all the rest of the story. Many things from previous series can be worked out if you just sit and think about them, everything else is slowly being revealed.
    In conclusion another great episode, which will personally be one of my favourites because Hurley is such a great character.

Have faith in Lost!!