Lost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 06, 2009 on ABC

• Jack seeks help to get to the bomb, while Sawyer and Juliet are sitting on information Radzinsky wants to know, and Locke makes his debut as the Others/Hostiles leader (hence the name). A non-centric episode, even though Richard was quite prominent.

Like in every season, the penultimate episode acts as a set-up for the finale, and what a terrific job it did. Really, I think it's the best episode of the season, so far, that is. It just took my hopes right up for the finale.
    I've never been a Jack fan, but I've enjoyed his scenes much more than I ever would have thought. Maybe he just needed a purpose, that's possible. But the fact of the matter is, now he does what he does for a reason. He's looking forward to something (blowing up a hydrogen bomb), while in previous seasons, he had no idea what the hell he was doing. Now, at least he thinks he does. And Sayid in that storyline was as great as Jack. He so tired of this whole Island stuff, he doesn't care about anything anymore, not even killing everyone on the Island.
    Meanwhile, in Dharmaville, Sawyer and Juliet get beat up by Radzinsky, and Hurley, Miles and Jin try to escape. That part of the episode wasn't taking the story forward as much as the rest, but it was really good to watch, like that scene where Hurley tries to convince Pierre Chang that he wasn't from the future. That was funny as hell. And I'm not much a fan of love quadrangles, but I felt really sad for Juliet to see Kate get in the way.
    And finally, in 2007, Locke get his best episode to date. Now, he's going somewhere, like Jack in 1977. He's been going on blind faith for such a long time, but now he knows what he's doing. Now, he's a leader. I watched TNPLH yesterday and there's one thing I noticed. He was really concerned about becoming a leader. He had no idea what to do. Now the Island tells him things and he likes it. And I'm happy for him. He's been the man of faith all along, it's nice to see it come to fruition.

This episode has kept me on the edge of my seat all along, and I just can't wait to see what comes next. It did its job more than enough.