Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

2008-2010 Leak: MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS. PLOT OUTLINE LEAKED.

Paxo292

[241]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 1
    Seems like at least 90% of the things he said are either false or haven't happened yet. He got the idea of time travel right, but the way he fleshed it out is completely different from the show. No "time doors" connecting the island to Antartica, at least not yet. Just because he got one or two things right doesn't mean much.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eanne80

[242]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 7

Masteroz18 wrote:
    I suppose he was lucky about being rescued by helicopter, everything about the temple, the door in antartica, them becoming media icons, and the whole time bubble concept. You can be upset with me all you want, but your wrong, things may change after this, like killing someone off or who to kill off, but the plot is here. I am very surprised you won't "accpet" it. You can't just get lucky on these concepts. Espicially considering what we all knew towards the end of last season. Ideas change. If you think the writers know exactly how the last two seasons will end your wrong. They will come up with new people to kill off or knew story lines or change old ones. Your wrong. get over it.

lol, it's spelled "you're"

lSll

[243]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 2

You guys are delusional and need to study a basic course of probability if you think it's just a "coincidence" that he got all of this stuff right by pure luck. I remember very well the day it was posted, and I thought it was a ridiculous plot and quickly discredited just like everyone else did. However, upon reading it again today, I can safely say that what we have in here is the general outline shown to ABC executives by the producers of the show in 2007. Like everyone else has mentioned, many things obviously change with time, better ideas come, the writers strike, characters' popularity, among other things make it unrealistic to expect that everything said here would come true exactly as it was written.

Look at some of the comments in this very same thread made by people shortly after this was posted:

"dude, whoever wrote that had WAY too much time on their hands because it seems WAY too fake. time travel? no. i dont think that damon and carlton would get that sci fi."

"Also! If helicopters don't rescue them, then either desmond lied or his vision was wrong and charlie died for nothing. Didn't he say charlie drowned and then a helicopter came and rescued them?"

Stuff like that which NOBODY could realistically anticipate ended up COMING TRUE. Other specific stuff that other people have mentioned like saying the exact episode when the polar bear would make an appearance, the Juliet death, and one that hasn't been mentioned quite as often; one that I just simply can't understand how someone can just "guess" something so random like that: predicting it would be revealed that Claire is Jack's sister.

Even the stuff which some of you quickly discredited as saying it was wrong actually has a LOT of resemblance to what actually happened. Let me take this as an example:

"Explanation that is revealed near the end of the 2008 season: Dharma Initiative has created a "time door". One end of the door exists in present time in Antarctica. The other end of the door is the Island. However, the Island exists in the "time bubble" in which it remains in the past. Everytime someone (Desmond) pressed the switch in the Hatch, the Island was reset further back in its own time, while the present continued onward."

The time door he is talking about now leads to present time in the Sahara instead of the Antartica. Even though we never get to see it in the show as a "door" the principle still stands. The island is for some reason in the past, and once Ben gets out of the island (presumably through a "time door") he is now 10 months in the future, or in this case, what would be present time for the rest of the world. How the hell would he know something as SPECIFIC as this? Another lucky guess?

There's no way anybody would have gotten that MANY things right. It's statistically improbable.

SgtCashmere

[244]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 15

lSll wrote:
    You guys are delusional and need to study a basic course of probability if you think it's just a "coincidence" that he got all of this stuff right by pure luck. There's no way anybody would have gotten that MANY things right. It's statistically improbable.

I think it's more a case of the person knowing how stories work (maybe they read a lot, watch a lot of TV, etc.) and being able to estimate which elements of Lost would progress to certain levels. For example, anybody could have suggested that time travel would happen at some point in the show's life; time has been such an integral part of the series that it seemed possible all along.

The only thing that surprised me was the poster's comment that Juliet would die an ambiguous death at the end of Season 5. That was eerily accurate, despite all their other points being questionable (or flat-out incorrect). However, it was likely Juliet would die all along because of the tragic element to her storyline. In fact, I imagined since Season 4 that she would die at some point before the series ended.

You should not say something is "statistically improbable" and not represent the statistics you are basing that assumption on... lol

lSll

[245]Feb 10, 2010
    SgtCashmere wrote:

lSll wrote:
    You guys are delusional and need to study a basic course of probability if you think it's just a "coincidence" that he got all of this stuff right by pure luck. There's no way anybody would have gotten that MANY things right. It's statistically improbable.

I think it's more a case of the person knowing how stories work (maybe they read a lot, watch a lot of TV, etc.) and being able to estimate which elements of Lost would progress to certain levels. For example, anybody could have suggested that time travel would happen at some point in the show's life; time has been such an integral part of the series that it seemed possible all along.

The only thing that surprised me was the poster's comment that Juliet would die an ambiguous death at the end of Season 5. That was eerily accurate, despite all their other points being questionable (or flat-out incorrect). However, it was likely Juliet would die all along because of the tragic element to her storyline. In fact, I imagined since Season 4 that she would die at some point before the series ended.

You should not say something is "statistically improbable" and not represent the statistics you are basing that assumption on... lol

Knowing how stories work won't allow you to predict the future. I think we have a typical case of denial in here. Why did you conveniently leave out the rest of my post? If time travel was so obvious, then why did so many people in 2007 (when it was posted) blasted the OP saying time travel was "too sci-fi" for Lost? Sure, it makes perfect sense to you and and everyone else today that we've seen how it played out, but time-travel WAS NOT something people were expecting in 2007.

How did he predict the revelation of Jack being Claier's sibling? Another estimation for people who watch a lot of TV? Stop kidding yourself. How did he know the island was phased in the past, and going out of it would trasport the characters into the future (or in this case the present)? Another wonderful estimation? Statistically speaking, there are millions of variables and theories that could have been said about Lost based on what we had seen in 2007, and nailing all these details by mere coincidence is what is statistically improbable. I didn't think I would have to lay it out like that as it was pretty obvious where I was going, but there you have it.

lSll

[246]Feb 10, 2010

Another important detail I originally missed. This statement is suspiciously accurate for something that was written in 2007:

"New faction of survivors/Dharma are led by Locke and another character simply named Black-suit (again, maybe a code name for an as of now unknown character), in an attempt to not allow anyone to leave the island in 2010 season."

The new faction is conformed of survivors of the Ajira flight, as well as the others. They are led by Locke, who is now the Man in Black. If it is later revealed that possesed Locke will stop anyone from leaving the island, then we have another important detail that came true with very slight modifications.

ivak4eto

[247]Mar 19, 2010

Also, he mentioned about Sayid:

Sayid is killed at the end of the Season Premiere as he discovers that the "rescuers" are Dharma Initiative. Naveen Andrews will continue to reprise his role throughout the remainder of the series, possibly in flashbacks. (Or maybe he doesn't really die, who knows)

How about that? A bit later, but exactly what it's written - "or maybe he doesn't really die, who knows"!

Edited on 03/19/2010 1:59pm

SgtCashmere

[249]Mar 19, 2010

lSll wrote:
    Knowing how stories work won't allow you to predict the future. I think we have a typical case of denial in here. Why did you conveniently leave out the rest of my post? If time travel was so obvious, then why did so many people in 2007 (when it was posted) blasted the OP saying time travel was "too sci-fi" for Lost? Sure, it makes perfect sense to you and and everyone else today that we've seen how it played out, but time-travel WAS NOT something people were expecting in 2007.

How did he predict the revelation of Jack being Claier's sibling? Another estimation for people who watch a lot of TV? Stop kidding yourself. How did he know the island was phased in the past, and going out of it would trasport the characters into the future (or in this case the present)? Another wonderful estimation? Statistically speaking, there are millions of variables and theories that could have been said about Lost based on what we had seen in 2007, and nailing all these details by mere coincidence is what is statistically improbable. I didn't think I would have to lay it out like that as it was pretty obvious where I was going, but there you have it.

Some people denied the possibility of time travel, while other people embraced the idea. Either way, the very fact that people were discussing time travel before it actually happened just proves my point that time travel was a reasonable, not entirely unpredictabledevelopment in the storyline of "Lost."

Also, MANY people speculated that Claire would be Jack's sibling after watching "Two for the Road" back in Season 2.

I personally think people are completely over reacting to the original post. I think it was a clever prediction of the show's future, but it was not the inside information people are trying to force it to be.

motleylil

[250]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 19

He was just not right. I know that there are some strange coincidences, but almost everything in there is wrong. Yes, Damon and Carlton hare surely changed their plan a bit, especially because of the strike, but they couldn't have been that wrong. They knew what they were doing, that's for sure. Whoever came up with this sure had an interesting and detailed theory, but it's no more than that.

SgtCashmere

[251]Mar 20, 2010

ivak4eto wrote:

Also, he mentioned about Sayid:

Sayid is killed at the end of the Season Premiere as he discovers that the "rescuers" are Dharma Initiative. Naveen Andrews will continue to reprise his role throughout the remainder of the series, possibly in flashbacks. (Or maybe he doesn't really die, who knows)

How about that? A bit later, but exactly what it's written - "or maybe he doesn't really die, who knows"!

He was talking about Season 4's freighter folk, not the Temple dwellers of Season 5. Dead wrong LOL!

This guy sounds like a psychic, if you ask me -- somebody who says things that are so vague, they arebound to apply at some point. How many regular LOST actors have not reprised their roles at some point? Michael, Walt, Ana Lucia, Boone, Charlotte, etc... They all came back eventually. Claiming that Naveen Andrews would reprise his role was a very safe prediction for the OP to make.

Besides, Sayid was always a very likely candidate for death throughout the entire series. Any character who suffers tragedy and lives a violent life in a serialized drama is a likely candidate for death. THIS WAS NOT INSIDE INFORMATION; it was just a reasonable prediction of a storyline based on occurences commonly made in other storylines.

Codgin

[252]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 10

people are still chatting about this... Dharmas over, the end, smokey isnt dead, hes very much alive and neithers hurley or sayid. predictions = blown out the water

ChicoMonster

[253]Mar 23, 2010
    • level: 3

I think the OP definitely had his hands on some leaked info. The part about two factions, one being led by lock/black suit/MIB/whoever, alone is enough to convince me. That's a major plot point that I don't think anyone saw coming, at least not at the time this post was started. This was written at a time where we all thought that Jacob was the only one pulling the strings. A time where we knew so little about Jacob there was no way we could guess that he would have a rival.

All you naysayers need to remember the example that Jack Shepard and Ben Linus were originally intended to be short lived characters. They ended up quite differently than originally intended as well.

nikeshoes

[254]May 30, 2010
    • level: 6
    i think this is worth a bump..

spikemaniac

[255]May 31, 2010
    • level: 50
    Yeah some of this has gotta be legit.

CruzaderJC wrote:
    New faction of survivors/Dharma are led by Locke and another character simply named Black-suit (again, maybe a code name for an as of now unknown character), in an attempt to not allow anyone to leave the island in 2010

CruzaderJC wrote:
    Juliet returns in 5th episode in 2010 season., only to die at hands of Sawyer

CruzaderJC wrote:
    Juliet returns in 5th episode in 2010 season., only to die at hands of Sawyer

CruzaderJC wrote:
    setting off a bomb that causes the "good" group of people to be split up on the Island in 2010 season.

nikeshoes

[256]May 31, 2010
    • level: 6

- There will be 3 "flash-forward" episodes 2008 season, 3 "flashforward episodes 2009 season (including its finale), and 10 of the 16 episodes in the 2010 season will be flashforwards.

everything in here was wrong

- The 2008 season will begin with a "New character"-centric episode. All we konw is "new character"

season 4 opened with a Hurley centric

- 2008 season premiere has partially been filmed already. The rescue does not occur by helicopter. They meet the ship on shore and the "rescuers" come on smaller boats.

Faraday does show up at the end of the The Beginning of the End. but not rescued. rescuers being in quotes is interesting though

- In the 2008 season premiere, during the episode a timespan of 2 days elapses, in which the "rescuers" get the Losties ready to leave.

wrong

- In the 2008 season premiere, the "rescuers" take body count of all who are buried on the beach or have died on the island, and Hurley will give brief synopsis of dead characters in monologue with flashbacks

wrong

- The Temple is a building, but mostly underground and is the first major set to be built for next season. Will include many "technological" props, such as monitors and computer switchboards.

wrong

- Sayyid is killed at the end of the Season Premiere as he discovers that the "rescuers" are Dharma Initiative. Naveen Andrews will continue to reprise his role throughout the remainder of the series, possibly in flashbacks. (Or maybe he doesn't really die, who knows)

wrong. even to give credit for the 2010 season he dies in the middle and wakes up at the end.

- The character of Hurley will die during course of 2009 season. Unknown why or how, and whether his actor will come back for flashbacks.

wrong

- Polar bears appear in the 2nd episode of the 2008 season

charlotte flashback i suppose

- Desmond gets out of the hatch in the 2008 season premiere

wasnt he already out?

- Locke does not return to the show until severeal episodes into the 2008 season

wrong

- Explanation that is revealed near the end of the 2008 season: Dharma Initiative has created a "time door". One end of the door exists in present time in Antarctica. The other end of the door is the Island. However, the Island exists in the "time bubble" in which it remains in the past. Everytime someone (Desmond) pressed the switch in the Hatch, the Island was reset further back in its own time, while the present continued onward.

time door could be the door in the orchid, Antarctica could be Tunisia, time bubble sounds plausible

By nearly not pressing it, it opened the time bubble slightly, and Oceanic went through the bubble and crashed into the Island. When the hatch exploded, the time bubble was released, and accelerated into the present. It is Jack, Jin, and Desmond who come upon this knowledge by the leader of the Dharma Initiative in the Season Finale of 2008.

this all seems to be wrong

- 2009 season opens with a Ben-centric episode.

wrong

- 2009 season focuses on time travel, and several times characters will return to the "past" and revisit scenes from previous episodes.

spot on

- Michael will return to the cast in 2009. Unknown if Walt will.

wrong

- Smoke monster is defeated in 2009 season.

one year off

- Matrix-like storyline is presented in 2009 season, where "present" may actually be another time bubble. Dharma Initiative seeks to find an even farther "future".

not really

- Jack discovers sibling relationship to Claire in 2009 season.

discovered that in TNPLH, season finale of 08 i believe

- 1/2 of the Survivors are "rescued" in 15th episode 2009, but time machine explodes. They are sent into a parallel time bubble which is a prison in a snow-bound place. Sun, Sawyer, Claire, Ben, and apparent new characters Rex and Toasty (code names for characters they haven't thought of yet?) are among the stranded.

nothing like this happened

- Juliet ambiguously dies in 2009 Season Finale.

eerily correct

- Dharma Initiative Conspiracy is revealed in 2009 Season Finale. Christian Shephard, Mr. Paik, Charles Widmore, and Richard Malkin are named as some of the members of the Dharma Initiative. Oceanic was intended to fly into different "time bubble", but when Desmond failed to press the button in the "island time bubble", Oceanic was caught between two time bubbles and crashed into the "island time bubble", which was deserted by the Dharma Iniative after Ben took it over.

all wrong

The Operation was intended to place loved ones/friends of benefactors of the Dharma Initiative in a time bubble where they would be safe from an oncoming world catastrophe. The passengers of Oceanic were considered thsoe family/friends that would not willingly go through with a passage through the "time door" in Dharma Inititive headaquarters in Antarctica, therefore were brought together on Oceanic in order to safely land them on a new "Paradise" Island. However, the Operation failed when Desmond's mistake caused all incoming 'deliveries" to the "Paradise" Island to catastrophically land on the Island the survivors are now on. The 2009 Season Finale ends with Dharma showing the survivors the "Paradise Island", but once there, they realize it is desolate, and hundreds are inexplicably dead on this island. Jack finds his own dead body on this island.

wrong

- The 2010 Season Finale begins with the rescue of the survivors stranded in the Dharma "Prison bubble". All survivors/Dharma are returned to the original island by the 3rd episode.

completely wrong

- There is no more time travel (between time bubbles) in 2010 season after the Season Premiere. Focus is on getting rebuilding the "door" in order to be transported back to the present

first half about no time travel is right

- New faction of survivors/Dharma are led by Locke and another character simply named Black-suit (again, maybe a code name for an as of now unknown character), in an attempt to not allow anyone to leave the island in 2010 season.

if there was any other name than "black suit" given i would be completely wrong. but with MiB looking like Locke, this is interesting.

- Yunjun Kim will relatively be absent for most of the 2010 season. No details on whether she is killed or not. Jin, however, is mentioned throughout the details of the 2010 season.

wrong

- A new smoke monster is built in the 2010 season.

wrong

- Juliet returns in 5th episode in 2010 season., only to die at hands of Sawyer in order to save everyone from new smoke monster

wrong

- Mikhail (yes, some-freaking-how) is mentioned as setting off a bomb that causes the "good" group of people to be split up on the Island in 2010 season.

no mikhail, and the wrong season about the losties being split up

- Ben is killed by Locke in 9th episode of 2010 season, titled "Hunger of Memory".

wrong about all of this

- The series finale comprises a final confrontation between Jack and Locke in a new "hatch".

there is a final confrontation between jack and locke

- Here is the list of people "transported" to present time at the end of the 2010 season finale: Ballerina (?), Tap-Dancer (?), Kate (we know her), Sawyer (anotehr one we know), Musky (?), Jin (know him), Jack (yay), Claire (what about her baby?), and someone simply named Insert (yeah, Insert).

3/9

- Many, many names for deaths in series finale, here are some interesting ones: Catholic, Tape, Cus-cus, and Doc. Lets look back on this years from now and figure out who they were referring to.

could be referring to jin, sun, sayid and jack, but i think thats stretching it

- Among the names that we do know for death in series finale, are Desmond and Penelope (I don't know how the heck she gets on the island).

wrong

- Series finale ends with survivors in Dharma headquarters. They are asked to keep a vow of silence, and in turn are promised a return to the "Paradise Island" once it is ready. The survivors are again transported back in time, to when Oceanic crashed. The crash now actually occurs in present time waters, and unbeknownst to the passengers, Jack and the others are from the future (past, whatever the hell they're from). Oceanic crashes, but all the passengers survive.

wrong

When returned home, all the passengers become media icons. However, Jin is now with a Sun who does not know about what happened on the island, and must reconcile with her, without those experiences he had on the island. Kate is immediately brought into custody, but her charges are lessened due to the circumstances, and she has saved Boone's life in this plane crash. Claire gives birth to her baby at the end (possibly her "island" baby has died?). Months go by and those who were part of the series' events are not contacted by Dharma. They meet together and want to just let it go. Some want to try to find the Dharma Initiative. However, Dharma warned them that if they tried to find them, they would be killed.

wrong

Sawyer is killed in a "random" shooting. Jack is convinced it is Dharma behind it. Kate disobeys are parole officer and goes with Jack to confront Sun's father. There they meet Christian Shephard, supposedly from some kind of future or something. Christian explains that the Dharma Initiative has failed and was completely destroyed. Christian refuses to kill Jack and Kate and lets them go. Kate cannot return to the public because she is a fugitive. Jack has killed Sun's father as well. They retreat to an island in the Pacific and Lost ends with them sitting on a beach there.

wrong

if i counted correctly, there were 38 things posted. two were correct, and a few others could be interpreted to be.

Edited on 05/31/2010 10:55am

jihedbenhamma

[257]Oct 14, 2014

writers changed the story after the leak, they should have stuck with it, it ties almost everything logically instead of the Jacob crap we saw in season 6, where there's dead people who are still able to live. I hate that nonsense. That leaked plot is perfect for Lost.
    anyways, this leak isn't fake, that's what the writers were planning, then they changed almost everything except some big lines.