Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

3 (and counting) things i want to point out...

Lunatikatt

[1]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8

1. is anyone saying anything about the skeletons down at the bottom of the light cave? This gives us the idea that others were down there tried to do something... and died...

2. Ive come to conclude that the Island is THE SOURCE OF IT ALL. Just like in our lives we cant explain where somethings come from, even if you dont want to believe in a God you have a feeling that theres something else out there... And as well... maybe in the sense of CREATION & LIFE

3. The LOST CAST IS THE BEST!

Edited on 05/27/2010 5:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OOsteb

[2]May 25, 2010
    • level: 5

Lunatikatt wrote:

1. is anyone saying anything about the skeletons down at the bottom of the light cave? This gives us the idea that others were down there tried to do something... and died...

was it Smokeys Lunch ? Wait a minute it ! IT sure looks like the Temple pool area if you ask me.

Lunatikatt wrote:
    The LOST CAST IS THE BEST!
    I agree. I f the Actors & Actresses weren't good, the show would not have made it. Hats off to the Cast & crew !!

cindycee

[3]May 26, 2010
    yeah i think the skeletons mean that smokey has been around way longer than we know. smokey may have even forced to protect the island in the form of 'mother', and her mother before her, jacobs 'mother' really didnt seem too impressed with her own mother when she mentioned that she was dead, maybe she is the one that forced her into this smokey/protector role.

KingofIPirates

[4]May 26, 2010
    • level: 32
    cindycee wrote:
    yeah i think the skeletons mean that smokey has been around way longer than we know. smokey may have even forced to protect the island in the form of 'mother', and her mother before her, jacobs 'mother' really didnt seem too impressed with her own mother when she mentioned that she was dead, maybe she is the one that forced her into this smokey/protector role.
    Yeah except it has been confirmed time and time again that Smokey was and always has been MIB.
    Edited on 05/26/2010 11:28am

utdfan13

[5]May 26, 2010
    • level: 2

They MUST have been previous constants. When MIB went down there smokey came out and MIB's body was found on a rock near the river.

Only Desmond was able to go down there and not get turned into Smokie (as far as we know).

Jack was down there and was then found out laying on the same rocks, but he had Jacob's powers and probably cpouldn't be turned into SMokie

ajokurvanyad

[6]May 26, 2010
    • level: 4

utdfan13 wrote:

They MUST have been previous constants. When MIB went down there smokey came out and MIB's body was found on a rock near the river.

Only Desmond was able to go down there and not get turned into Smokie (as far as we know).

Jack was down there and was then found out laying on the same rocks, but he had Jacob's powers and probably cpouldn't be turned into SMokie

jacob and big smoke were brothers,twins for that matter so why would one be different then the other in terms of what happens to them when they "go down"?

Lunatikatt

[7]May 26, 2010

you know who MOther reminded me of┬┐? ETHAN! that look on their faces when they saw a pregnant woman! like... I want your baby on a plate. haha just a random thought... ive got thousands of those haha

cindycee

[8]May 26, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cindycee wrote:
    Yeah except it has been confirmed time and time again that Smokey was and always has been MIB.

i really dont think it has, in my opinion of course.

yes its true that smokey said that his mother was crazy, but 'mothers' mother could have been crazy and trapped her in that corporeal body, making her both the keeper of the island and its worst enemy.

its also true that jacob was responsible for smokey losing that corporeal body, and i take this to mean that jacob, by throwing the mib into the light, made smokey turn back to smoke, whilst also killing the mib and giving smokey his memories. you can take it to mean whatever you wish, but that is how i take it.

KingofIPirates

[9]May 26, 2010
    • level: 32
    cindycee wrote:

yes its true that smokey said that his mother was crazy, but 'mothers' mother could have been crazy and trapped her in that corporeal body, making her both the keeper of the island and its worst enemy.
    It was already shown you can't be both as Jack was able to withstand the light and not be turned into Smokey on account of his Guardianship status.

cindycee wrote:

its also true that jacob was responsible for smokey losing that corporeal body, and i take this to mean that jacob, by throwing the mib into the light, made smokey turn back to smoke, whilst also killing the mib and giving smokey his memories.
    Again the rules state that Jacob couldn't kill his brother and vice versa so the light acted as a means of transformation splitting his brothers consciousness from his body making him non corporeal. Smokey has also already confirmed on more than one occassion that he is MIB.

utdfan13

[10]May 27, 2010
    • level: 2

ajokurvanyad wrote:

utdfan13 wrote:

jacob and big smoke were brothers,twins for that matter so why would one be different then the other in terms of what happens to them when they "go down"?

First of all they were not identical twins so their similarities can be like apples and oranges. Second, the mother told them that going down there would be a bad thing before she granted Jacob his powers. So as boys, yes they would have encountered evil, but as men, Jacob being the protector, he was not subject to the evil while MIB has no powers and was turned to Smokie.

ajokurvanyad

[11]May 27, 2010

utdfan13 wrote:
    First of all they were not identical twins so their similarities can be like apples and oranges

horse manure like EM being magical

utdfan13 wrote:
    Second, the mother told them that going down there would be a bad thing before she granted Jacob his powers. So as boys, yes they would have encountered evil, but as men, Jacob being the protector, he was not subject to the evil while MIB has no powers and was turned to Smokie.

ok,let's go with this

cindycee

[12]May 27, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cindycee wrote:

It was already shown you can't be both as Jack was able to withstand the light and not be turned into Smokey on account of his Guardianship status.

cindycee wrote:

its also true that jacob was responsible for smokey losing that corporeal body, and i take this to mean that jacob, by throwing the mib into the light, made smokey turn back to smoke, whilst also killing the mib and giving smokey his memories.
    Again the rules state that Jacob couldn't kill his brother and vice versa so the light acted as a means of transformation splitting his brothers consciousness from his body making him non corporeal. Smokey has also already confirmed on more than one occassion that he is MIB.

sorry but i disagree, i will be keeping my opinion, but thanks for offering yours as an alternative.

Lunatikatt

[13]May 27, 2010

another question...

do you think that when Jack was dying on the island he was seeing his alt.limbo life? knowing he was meeting with everyone?

cindycee

[14]May 27, 2010
    Lunatikatt wrote:

another question...

do you think that when Jack was dying on the island he was seeing his alt.limbo life? knowing he was meeting with everyone?

he did kinda have that glint in his eye didnt he, like he was seeing something awesome!

Kevnay777

[15]May 27, 2010

Lunatikatt wrote:

another question...

Yea I think he did realize that him dying won't be as bad as he thought. When Christian made Jack realize that he died Jack started crying because he didn't just want to leave yet, but Christian told him to let go. So when Jack went and met up with everyone the island Jack probably saw those visions and realized that this is where he was going to. Thats why he was sort of like smiling and laughing even though he was in pain before he died.

ajokurvanyad

[16]May 28, 2010

maybe he was smiling because that's when he created the afterlife world and left a messege on everyone's post mortem answering machine:"hey guys,check out what i made"

amber8032

[17]May 28, 2010
    • level: 28
    Whats MIB?

ajokurvanyad

[18]May 28, 2010

amber8032 wrote:
    Whats MIB?

Men

in

Black

anthem47

[19]May 28, 2010
    • level: 7

KingofIPirates wrote:
    cindycee wrote:
    cindycee wrote:

I'm completely set on Mother not beinga smoke monster, but I'm starting to wonder about MIB being the one and only one, ever. In the finale we see that the "cork" in the centre of the Source pool has heiroglyphics on it, which would seem to imply everything Egyptian on the island predates Jacob and MIB. If that's true, the smoke monster summoning room underneath the Temple had a panel that showed what Lostpedia describes as "a large central engraving depicting what appeared to be the Egyptian god Anubis confronting the Monster at that spot".

So yeah, I don't think Mother was a smoke monster. I'm positive that the smoke monster was MIB's "essence" that was expunged from his body. But, especially with the other skeletons in the Source room in the finale, I think other people ventured in there before and suffered the same fate.

(Unless I'm wrong and the source room at the time of Across The Sea was just dirt, MIB turns into Smokey, *then* the Egyptians come and built the various ruins on the island, the statue, the temple, Jacob's bench from Ab Aeterno, the stone pillars Anthony Cooper was tied to etc.)

EDIT: Actually, the cork itself may even pre-date the temple and the statue. More from Lostpedia: "The plug in the Source has markings on it. The clearest markings are cuneiform script. This form of writing was used for a very long time by different civilizations in the area that is now Iraq, notably Akkadian/Sumerian language groups C5000-1000BC".

Edited on 05/28/2010 2:40am