TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Are you happy with the end?

Were you satisfied with the ending

Peggy_Porcupine

[1]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

Elaborate on your answers, okay?

Thanks

Peggy from Porcupine

http://www.mannagold.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Oziez

[2]May 23, 2010
    • level: 6

i'm not quite sure what just happened...

Edit: Im still reeling... my honest opinion is that i loved the off island, as well as the alt island except the answer to what the alt reality is... Purgitory. I thought the show was about science versus faith, and that Jack would fail to cork the plug and the alt reality would trigger giving everybody their happy ending, this way the smoke monsters mission would be completely useless. HOWEVER@! the smoke monster wanted everyone to be sent to purgitory, and that makes sence to his evil cause. The semi-religious ending will definately not fly with alot of ppl.

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:39pm

gotahaloroundme

[3]May 23, 2010
    • level: 8

From a character standpoint, it was a nice ending. Not good, but nice. From a Lost standpoint, it was equal parts fitting and a total rip-off. So, so, so many key mysteries weren't even touched (Walt, anyone?) and we're left wondering what the hell really happened. I'm just thinking to myself, six seasons led us here? Undecided

Jrr6415sun

[4]May 23, 2010
    • level: 9

I would have been more happy with it if they explained it a little bit more.

Tad-1611

[5]May 23, 2010
    • level: 1
    yeah im not sure what exactly happened besides jack dying

fredbalsdon

[6]May 23, 2010
    i think the dog died to but i am not to sure on that one

Fishbulb13

[7]May 23, 2010
    • level: 16
    It was what I expected. Resolution and closure, but no answers. I think in the long run, resolution and closure will be better.

SkywalkerU

[8]May 23, 2010
    • level: 4

I am happy with this ending. It would of been hard to explain some of the mysteries with the island without getting too mythological or theological so I think they just left those to figure out on your own. They could of given a little more clues to everyone's real life endings such as sawyer, kate, desmond, rose and bernard but I guess we can kind of assume those on our own. Sawyer, kate, clair, miles, richard and the pilot went home and lived out the rest of their lives. Hurley and Ben ruled the island for however long. I'm assuming they managed to get desmond home since thats what they wanted. Frankly I loved the episode. They ways they ended it was just alright and could of used a few more answers, but this episode in itselft was just wonderful. We got too see everyone connected together in the end before they moved on to whatever was next. YOu just can't beat that kind of emotional finale.

EliasDevs26

[9]May 23, 2010
    • level: 7
    Considering the point of the entire show was about these characters and not answers then I have to say I was completely fulfilled and satisfied with the ending. The entire point of the alt reality was closure, coming to grips with what was and realizing that you cannot do things alone and everyone needs someone.

And when we look back we see that the real world is cold and harsh...Jack sacrificed himself to save everyone and only a handful of people will ever realize it.

EPIC.

fredbalsdon

[10]May 23, 2010
    Cant wait to see the 3 other endings that are on JK toninte come on news end all ready

hockeyruler12

[11]May 23, 2010
    • level: 3
    EliasDevs26 wrote:
    Considering the point of the entire show was about these characters and not answers then I have to say I was completely fulfilled and satisfied with the ending. The entire point of the alt reality was closure, coming to grips with what was and realizing that you cannot do things alone and everyone needs someone.

And when we look back we see that the real world is cold and harsh...Jack sacrificed himself to save everyone and only a handful of people will ever realize it.

EPIC.

I agree 100 percent.

MightyMad

[12]May 23, 2010
    • level: 5

I like that ending. No, I'm not jumping for joy (this ain't even close to be as epic as "The Shield" ending), but it does what it was suppose to do, which is wrapping up the last big storyline and saying goodbye to the characters, very nicely. Now I know there's gonna be **** and whining (no way that can be prevented), especially with that PURGATORY ENDING - I mean, seriously Lindelof and Cuse, all those years saying that the island wasn't purgatory, yet the flash-sideways are... that's douching, dudes! But whatever: it works. Most of the big questions got an answer, and the ones that I didn't get, well I won't skip any sleep about them (I'm pretty sure the whole thing with 'the numbers' had to do with Jacob screwing with Hurley, that damn 'golden light' probably was the reason why women couldn't procreate on the island in the first place, and as for Aaron, Walt and Sun and Jin's kids... who cares? The kids are fine!) I have sat through a good chunk of series finales, and short of some exceptions, ranging from wanting to literally kill Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David to begging Shaw Ryan to do a TV-movie starring Vic Mackey (buddy, make it happen already!), they always make me feel the same way: extremely sad that I'm losing a great reason to watch television. I felt that way when "Cheers", "Friends" and "Arrested Development" went off. Same goes to "Homicide", "NYPD Blue" and "X-Files". I was never sad about how it ended, but on the fact that it ended, period. That's how I felt about "Lost" - yeah, they didn't answer all the questions, but, truthfully, these questions weren't the reasons why I was watching. I was watching "Lost" 'cuz it was a good show. And now it's gone. Now, I have to do this all over again tomorrow with "24"... thanks God it only gonna last 2 hours!

apjccjqa

[13]May 23, 2010
    • level: 9
    I thought it was great. I expected to be let down, but I loved it. Sure, there were some moments i was unsure of (when the casket was empty, i thought, oh great. christian will be right behind jack! and when jack was in the bamboo i thought, wow the series will end with a shot on jack's eye closing!) but you know what? It did the show justice. The sideflash was everybody's happy ending..but it wasn't real, it was after death. And in the real world, everyone who died, died. They really died. Including Jack. Sure, we don't know how the other candidates + Miles & Lapidus made out with the rest of their lives, but we didn't really need to. Ben becoming Hurley's Richard was brilliant. And at the end, when Jack's eye closed, it felt like the show ended, on its own terms, and would never really be replaced. RIP.

Now that this and (almost) 24 are over.. any suggestions for new shows I should start watching? lol.

gotahaloroundme

[14]May 23, 2010
    • level: 8

hockeyruler12 wrote:
    EliasDevs26 wrote:
    Considering the point of the entire show was about these characters and not answers then I have to say I was completely fulfilled and satisfied with the ending. The entire point of the alt reality was closure, coming to grips with what was and realizing that you cannot do things alone and everyone needs someone. And when we look back we see that the real world is cold and harsh...Jack sacrificed himself to save everyone and only a handful of people will ever realize it. EPIC.
    I agree 100 percent.

But why raise questions in a serial mystery if you have no intention of answering them? I think revealing what exactly the purpose of the island is/was would be a realistic expectation. What exactly was the importance of the numbers? What the hell happened to Walt and why did we see him from time to time? What was the significance of the the Egyptian themes? I don't think that these are unimportant questions, and they're not trivial to the arc of the show. I just found the finale to be 100% character driven which I found to be disappointing. I felt fulfilled character-wise, but at the complete expense of the plot.

Megaman200798

[15]May 23, 2010
    The whole sideways purgatory crap is doesnt make sense. Think about it. Sayid with Shannon and not Nadia wth??? Juilet married Jack had a son after they died wth.

jrosace92

[16]May 23, 2010
    it seems like people on here who arent religious at all won't understand it but i am semi-religious so i understood and really liked the ending. and the eye closing was CLASSIC

KingofIPirates

[17]May 23, 2010
    • level: 32
    I'm too confused by the ending to effectively have an opinion about liking it or not.

Megaman200798

[18]May 23, 2010

jrosace92 wrote:
    it seems like people on here who arent religious at all won't understand it but i am semi-religious so i understood and really liked the ending. and the eye closing was CLASSIC

I am religious but the disappintment isn't about that. We invested 6 years into a show and they go with a co-out finale. Yes, I get the happily ever after and its great but what happened to them after they leave the island? Why is Sayid with Shannon instead of Nadia?Why is Jack married to Juliet?

Edited on 05/23/2010 9:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

judesmama

[19]May 23, 2010
    • level: 2
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    The whole sideways purgatory crap is doesnt make sense. Think about it. Sayid with Shannon and not Nadia wth??? Juilet married Jack had a son after they died wth.

Thank You. Why would Jack and Juliet have a son in the purgatory timeline? Why would Jin and Sun be sooo happy about knowing it's a girl and her name when Jin doesn't ever get to see her and Sun only for a short while? Why wasn't richard at the reunion, why didn't christian go to Claire and Aaron too? Why the hell spend sooooo much time with the Aaron so special can't be raised by another storyline when it ends like this????? I'm too frustrated with this ending. I like the Idea of the eye and vincent but the whole where are we blah blah blah is just lame!!!! They could have come up with something better than this. I want to see the alternate endings and see if they are any better?

SludgeVohaul

[20]May 23, 2010
    I didn't necessarily hate the ending - I was fine with having all the characters creating a way to be together. And I'm not that type of person who feels like too many things went unanswered because I just started accepting the light, whispers, and numbers as magic on an island. BUT the reason I personally didn't like that ending is because the whole show for me was about the awesomeness of the island. So I would have preferred the end to flash forward to show Hurley and Ben running the island together instead of having a "cast reunion" like so many other shows do.

The end was artistic, but just not "Lost" for me personally.