Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Are you happy with the end?

Were you satisfied with the ending

theblackskys

[21]May 23, 2010
    • level: 4

I think that Lost should have had, at least, one more season so that wrapping it up would go a hell of a lot more smoothly. Maybe, they didn't have an ending in sight and this was created very quickly or maybe this was thought out... but one more season would have given us more information, or a more smoother ending. Maybe even a 3 hour TV movie for the summer or a big screen movie that wraps up a season cliffhanger. I just feel like they had two choices and could only choose one: either to wrap up character driven plots or the main island plot and so they chose the characters since the characters really are what the show is about. The friendship and love they all had for each other. I'm not sure if I'm satisfied or not... I feel satisfied in one part but not in another.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TigerLord

[22]May 23, 2010
    • level: 6
    jrosace92 wrote:
    it seems like people on here who arent religious at all won't understand it but i am semi-religious so i understood and really liked the ending. and the eye closing was CLASSIC

This is a pile of horsesh1t.

You think that because I am an agnostic I didn't get the religious references, didn't see all the different references to all of the world's major belief systems in the church, or that I can't understand a spiritual point of view?

Some "religious" people like to think they're smarter than others... NOT being bound to a faith doesn't mean you can't understand them.

jrosace92

[23]May 23, 2010
    • level: 7
    TigerLord wrote:
    jrosace92 wrote:
    it seems like people on here who arent religious at all won't understand it but i am semi-religious so i understood and really liked the ending. and the eye closing was CLASSIC

This is a pile of horsesh1t.

You think that because I am an agnostic I didn't get the religious references, didn't see all the different references to all of the world's major belief systems in the church, or that I can't understand a spiritual point of view?

Some "religious" people like to think they're smarter than others... NOT being bound to a faith doesn't mean you can't understand them.

I'm not claiming to be smarter with you, guy. I'm just saying, people may be upset with the ending because they don't like religion and I think thats a load of horsesh1t. Deal with it

Megaman200798

[24]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

SludgeVohaul wrote:
    the reason I personally didn't like that ending is because the whole show for me was about the awesomeness of the island.

The end was artistic, but just not "Lost" for me personally.

Agreed

mr_snakeabee

[25]May 23, 2010

I was happy with the finale up until that last half hour. To me it felt like too much of a cop out. But overall it was really good end to the series and only feel a little bit disappointed.

Edited on 05/23/2010 10:15pm

shwaguy

[26]May 23, 2010
    • level: 11
    theblackskys wrote:

I think that Lost should have had, at least, one more season so that wrapping it up would go a hell of a lot more smoothly. Maybe, they didn't have an ending in sight and this was created very quickly or maybe this was thought out... but one more season would have given us more information, or a more smoother ending. Maybe even a 3 hour TV movie for the summer or a big screen movie that wraps up a season cliffhanger. I just feel like they had two choices and could only choose one: either to wrap up character driven plots or the main island plot and so they chose the characters since the characters really are what the show is about. The friendship and love they all had for each other. I'm not sure if I'm satisfied or not... I feel satisfied in one part but not in another.

Now i do agree on this. One more season would of brought both plots together a bit better.

porky826

[27]May 23, 2010

I'm not very religious and I didn't hate the ending. I also got it. It's much easier to get after you let things calm down and settle in. All good things have to come to an end. Even life. The sideways world wasn't even a world so to speak. There isn't a name for it. I guess purgatory or a bridge between life and what some call heaven. Whatever your belief is. It was a place created so that in this case, the losties could come together and move on together after they died because the most important part of their lives were with one another. Jack didn't have a son because that world isn't reality. Reality is the island world and etc....

The ending should leave people happy, sad, and confused. That's what Lost has done for six years. Fitting it'd do it in the end. I'm satisfied. There isn't one question unanswered that would ruin the show for me.

Edited on 05/23/2010 10:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mack10

[28]May 23, 2010
    • level: 3
    For the most part the people that weren't happy with the ending either think the entire show was purgatory (since season one) or they didn't get enough answers. The enough answers part i agree with, but closure is so much better imo...this was an emotional ending - answers for the most part were there...sure the egyptian stuff wasn't explained but its not that hard to explain it outside of the show. I don't get what people were expecting with the ending really? None of the show was purgatory until the last 15 minutes of the finale, to me this doesn't = cheap, its as legit a happy ending if I've ever seen one.

RogerMarket

[29]May 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    judesmama wrote:
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    The whole sideways purgatory crap is doesnt make sense. Think about it. Sayid with Shannon and not Nadia wth??? Juilet married Jack had a son after they died wth.

Thank You. Why would Jack and Juliet have a son in the purgatory timeline? Why would Jin and Sun be sooo happy about knowing it's a girl and her name when Jin doesn't ever get to see her and Sun only for a short while? Why wasn't richard at the reunion, why didn't christian go to Claire and Aaron too? Why the hell spend sooooo much time with the Aaron so special can't be raised by another storyline when it ends like this????? I'm too frustrated with this ending. I like the Idea of the eye and vincent but the whole where are we blah blah blah is just lame!!!! They could have come up with something better than this. I want to see the alternate endings and see if they are any better?

I'm not entirely sure about Jack's son, but my guess on why there are differences is that the cosmos were just throwing all these people back into A world, into A life, even if it wasn't the one they lived. They each had to find their way back to each other. Jack's son wasn't really his (or Juliet's); here was just there to fill in that world.

As far as why some people weren't at the reunion, remember that not everyone was there yet (e.g., Ben was waiting outside). The show ended with everyone waiting to go into the light. Maybe they were waiting for everyone else to arrive.

porky826

[30]May 24, 2010
    mack10 wrote:
    For the most part the people that weren't happy with the ending either think the entire show was purgatory (since season one) or they didn't get enough answers. The enough answers part i agree with, but closure is so much better imo...this was an emotional ending - answers for the most part were there...sure the egyptian stuff wasn't explained but its not that hard to explain it outside of the show. I don't get what people were expecting with the ending really? None of the show was purgatory until the last 15 minutes of the finale, to me this doesn't = cheap, its as legit a happy ending if I've ever seen one.

Yeah the idea that the island is purgatory and that they all died in the original crash is just wrong. I don't mean to come across snotty, but that's not what they were going for in the end. I think the imagery over the credits may of confused people. That wasn't in the show. The show ended after the screen flashed Lost.

StevieGstar

[31]May 24, 2010
    I was completely satisfied, actually it surpassed all my wildest expectations, character wise anyway. More style than substance and I'm surprisingly happy about that. I'd rather get no answers than dissatisfying ones and the way it ended left it open to interpretation.

I laughed, cheered, got goosebumps and welled up like a little girl...that constitutes a great finale to me. But I do understand why a lot of people will hate it.

Melzias

[32]May 24, 2010

It was an amazing ending. Beautiful and Emotional.

TheKreater

[33]May 24, 2010
    • level: 3
    I am happy with the way this masterpiece of a show ended. We have all been blessed to have been able to see a show like this. This show will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

tjaman

[34]May 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    Sure, why not. I mean, they never said it wasn't the ephemeral images experienced in the final moments of one person's existence and the moments of that existence compressed into incomprehensible metaphor -- although some did ask if it was all in someone's head which we were told firmly that it was not.

One of the first mystifying images was Jack's sighting his father in the forest and the show transformed that relationship from pain to acceptance, so ... no reason to explain things like donkey wheels and moving islands and 108-minute buttons and Room 23 and Allison Janney and a big bomb and physics. Just Jack struggling with images, letting go and moving on amidst people who represented something important to him.

Oh, as six seasons of storytelling I kept feeling like we were all being led someplace, to a big finish, and no, there really wasn't one. The showdown of the island between Jack and Locke and Desmond helping didn't really amount to much, although that chamber was sort of cool.

That said ... I liked the stained glass window myself.

JosRamnLor

[35]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5

jrosace92 wrote:

Probably the most concise, perfect ansewer to this finale ever written. And it applies to many shows that do not have a religios background but a religious following: do not question, do not try to understand. Just do us you are told. Just praise the Lord.

Hard to argue with that. Other than that, a really cheap, easy, unsatisfactory finale: so the Dharma initiative was just a collective hallucination? So we get Widmore out of the way - possibly, the worst 'Lost' death ever - because it would really mess up the end? What else? How EASY it is to generate mistery if you just plan on having a Deus ex machina solution. And very "Deus" indeed.

I am deeply irreligious, by the way.

antdude

[36]May 24, 2010
    • level: 28
    I posted my brief review and a poll about it on http://aqfl.net/?q=node/8114 ...

Basically, I was not expecting that ending but it was still good (not great/awesome).

jackalanmartin

[37]May 24, 2010
    • level: 1

i absolutely loved the ending - i don't usually post on these things - but i was incredibly moved by the finale.

i'm not at all religious, and i was watching the show for answers, and i predicted that the finale would be impotent in regards to answers and its capability to explain what had gone before - i was expecting a disappointment. but i was more moved than i have been from any movie, or any other tv series. the last moments turned my disappointment of the lack of answers into awe and respect. i hate to sound all weepy about this but it really blew me away - each and every one of those characters is going to stay with me for a long time, and it made me think long and hard about the people i care about.

RobGrizz

[38]May 24, 2010
    • level: 17

I have a lot to think about and process before my final answer on the finale, but I think it says something that I'm not immediately flooding my blogs with A+'s and perfect 10s. It was good, but was it great? Not sure how to feel about what I just saw...

netgoddess

[39]May 24, 2010
    • level: 10
    I thought the ending was satisfactory and emotional and a good way to send the show off. The flash sideways makes complete sense as a purgatory. All of the important romantic relationships had a chance to play out. Mistakes made were able to be corrected and the characters could redeem themselves. I figured there was no way for them to wrap up all the mysteries in the final show, but what they did wrap up was all of the relationships. The friendships and romance were very real and fulfilling to me. There are still many questions that need answering but I'm satisfied with the ending and if Carlton and Damon can simply do a few podcasts to clarify a bit of the mythology I really cannot complain about the show, it will go down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time. The ending was far superior to The Soprano's ending which I feel was a complete cop-out...I don't mind some things being left open to interpretation as long as the majority of the conflicts were resolve and the storylines wrapped up. Now I can only hope that 24's send off is as powerful as LOST's has been. And for years to come I'm sure I'll be reading through Lostpedia and watching DVD sets. So all in all I feel fulfilled, LOST has exceeded my expectations and I can't help but feeling good about its run.

HolyPenguin

[40]May 24, 2010
    I am very not satisfied with this finale. Not only they didn't answer any question in this episode, but they also told us that half of the last season was a complete waste of time with this not-real world. That's not art, that's insulting. Those hours could be spent better at explaining mysterys during the season, or character development in the real world. Whoever died died, no need for temporary place for the deads.