ABC (ended 2010)

Are you happy with the end?

Were you satisfied with the ending

mack10

[61]May 24, 2010
    • level: 3

Megaman200798 wrote:

mack10 wrote:
    ..and for those wondering, the purgatory world was an ideal world...just as Locke told Jack, he had no son, but in this ideal world Jack's relationship with his son was one him and his father never had..same can be said about Hurley's luck...about Widmore pouring Desmond some McutCheon...about Sawyer and Miles leading honest lives...Juliet helping women give birth...etc...

Yes we all get that but this ending doesn't have anything to do with six seasons of Lost. If they answered SOME of the questions and it was followed by this ending, that'd been fine.

well you may have got it but i saw some posts on here that suggests otherwise. Obviously this epi didn't answer many or any questions but it was closure for the characters which is great in my books from that sense. Most of the more important questions were answered prior to the finale - smokey, dharma, etc. and the remaining ones I didn't care much about (like the egyptian stuff) although I understand why many people did care but i guess i was more attached to the character stories than anything else...to you guys still looking for answers i hope you get them in a dvd set or something because i guess its too late for that.

Edited on 05/24/2010 1:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Megaman200798

[62]May 24, 2010
    • level: 13

mack10 wrote:

well you may have got it but i saw some posts on here that suggests otherwise. Obviously this epi didn't answer many or any questions but it was closure for the characters which is great in my books from that sense. Most of the more important questions were answered prior to the finale - smokey, dharma, etc. and the remaining ones I didn't care much about (like the egyptian stuff) although I understand why many people did care but i guess i was more attached to the character stories than anything else...to you guys still looking for answers i hope you get them in a dvd set or something because i guess its too late for that.

I didn't need the answer to everything, but I wanted the answer to SOMETHING. I wanted to see how the pilot episode foreshadowed the ending.

Edited on 05/24/2010 1:52am

bkaul16

[63]May 24, 2010
    • level: 3
    I'm still unsure about this. The last 20 minutes of Jack talking with Christian really bothers me. It would have been nice if they all zapped into the sideways reality once they die in the regular, yet they still recall all of the events. It's like how Kate was skeptical about the reboot and saying that all they've experienced would never take place, both good and bad. In my vision of the ending, they would all recall the events both good and bad, yet live their lives also. Best of both worlds, all the memories and experiences of the island without the death heartache of the plane crashes. But i guess in a way, this IS what the ending was, and it's all about moving forward.

Timewhisper

[64]May 24, 2010
    • level: 7
    I'm kind of ambivalent about the finale. The alt reality was a cop out. They had alternate lives and had some good development over the season and it came to that? Big let down on that front.
    But all the Island stuff was great, although I wish there was more closure with how or if Desmond got off the Island.

Full_Bleed

[65]May 24, 2010

So the moral of the story was, "Everyone dies. Let go and accept it."

Or, more succinctly, "Once I was LOST, and now I am FOUND."

The problem is that it doesn't take 6 seasons of a Sci-Fi, character-driven show to make those points. And to distill everything down to that simple, if honest, concept felt very uninspired to me.

The series had a lot of brilliance throughout the years, but that ending wasn't one of them. The truth is that the writers dug a hole that was too deep to fill (or, at least, one season wasn't going to do it.) Things weren't answered because they had no good answers, not because they were trying to be clever or coy about it. They had simply painted themselves into some corners they couldn't get out of. So what they ended up doing was leaning on the strength of their characters, hoping that we wouldn't notice the shell-game that had been going on under our noses.

I haven't watched a Live episode of Lost for 3 years, but tonight I sat down with the girl I've watched every episode with, to bask in the light of the finale.

We were unimpressed. After the emotional climax of season five, we were expecting something far more profound.

Mystic_Saiyan

[66]May 24, 2010

No satisfying closure for the real-life, no satisfying answers to all the mysteries raised! The only raised they could keep people watching this was their need to know more about the damn mysteries they raised. Some were answered, but tons weren't even touched! I'm not talking about mysteries like "How could they time travel", "How did Jacob get the ability to make people immortal", "Ash thing keeping smoke monster away", "What the light really was and who constructed that place for controlling the light", or other wired phenomena they used, because they were finely explained or left out in a satisfactory manner, but other things like who the h... was that person sitting in the chair when Ben took Locke to the cabin, or the wired "teleportations" Richard and some of the others were using, didn't even touch on that except Richard answering Jack when he was asked where he came from suddenly the asnwer was "You wouldn't believe me"... "Jack: Try me", "Richard: Not yet".. WTF! And many many more!

The flash-sideways (or post-death reality) was pointless cr*p, and even worse since it only was about character development. Who cares about who loves who! We've been through this for 5 seasons! But they felt the need to emphasize that they love each other! Wasn't it enough with this romance garbage?!

This finale completely destroyed the whole show (which was actually great)!

Ger28

[67]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5

You know what I am happy with the ending, I watched the show for its characters stories, (yeah they were in this mixing pot of an Island with its themes sci-fi supernatural fantasy which would make most people pull their hair out but it sucked us right back in for 6 seasons) if we didn't love these characters Jack Kate Sawyer Juliet Desmond Penny Locke Hugo Ben Sayid Sun Jin Charlie Claire & co and co we wouldn't have watched it for 6 seasons. Yes it was a ending more like ''and They lived happy ever after'' cliché. Who honestly wouldn't want that for themselves

ssa2204

[68]May 24, 2010
    • level: 6

Ger28 wrote:

You know what I am happy with the ending, I watched the show for its characters stories, (yeah they were in this mixing pot of an Island with its themes sci-fi supernatural fantasy which would make most people pull their hair out but it sucked us right back in for 6 seasons) if we didn't love these characters Jack Kate Sawyer Juliet Desmond Penny Locke Hugo Ben Sayid Sun Jin Charlie Claire & co and co we wouldn't have watched it for 6 seasons. Yes it was a ending more like ''and They lived happy ever after'' cliché. Who honestly wouldn't want that for themselves

But this was not simply a character drama, and of course you like the characters otherwise nobody would watch.

Point is they simply did NOT end this show, period. They concluded a separate story introduced just this season....as such we have wasted our f*** time watching the 5 seasons prior. Really, with some minor editing anyone could just as well start this show at the beginning of season 6 and never both with the prior seasons. We were cheated with this pseudo finale, to a degree that they still have to do an ending, one which we will never get. Hell, this is almost the same as if the show was canceled at the end of any one of the seasons.

ssa2204

[69]May 24, 2010

Lost's real ending:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/cs/11035-cslost

sog711

[70]May 24, 2010
    • level: 2

I spent 6 years watching to finally learn that "everybody dies". Wow what a gyp.

no80s

[71]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5

Breath taking finale, Hurley became the protector, Ben is his sidekick, Kate and the others left the island, And jack died, We knew what the sideway world really is.

Edited on 05/24/2010 3:00am

Lunatikatt

[72]May 24, 2010
    • level: 8

i reeeeally cant read anything right now

its 4.56 am here in merida yucatan mexico
    im drunk with red wine (just a little tipsy)

and i just watched THE END

no no no i cant believe it

first it was pretty awesome then it was great then it was i dont know what to think.

maybe its too early in the morning and too late in the night
    but this was my purpose today and i watched and ... im speecheless

it was lovely yes. True love rules. But WTH! WTF with the ......

man!!! if anyone has made it better ...

i had the ... i watched south park the other day.... an episode where michael jackson is holding up a plane to the other side
    hahahaha really i couldnt stop thinking about it!!!! was that jack??

its like yeah i like the feeling of true love brings us together but whatthahell?

even desmond and penny are dead?!?!?!?

what was th ealternate timeline for anyway!?!?!

like.... it wasnt real or what

nahhhh really how many kinda-let-down ppl are out there??

then i liked for a second how some tihngs were repeating (mirroring) but then like... its maybe too much? kate helping claire and such

then... they really just made a closure out of it all.. not like ... explaining anything just.... doing one more episode that closes the circle

what im having a problem believing is that they chose one of the first theories someone posted out there and the ending...mahn i was like "its like a prom" moooo (it all coming to the same point) put there hahahahahahha if you know what i mean!!!

but if they are all dead where was widmore and such?
    So th alt timeline was just a waiting gate?? hahaha

really watch the south park episode.

its gone. Lost. wow.

well... my dharma wine is over and its 505 am... i have to get up in 2 hrs hahaha mahn.... i couldnt wait and all and now im not sure what to think

i am at peace its over.

(((lost live on forever)))

i got to sleep.

ssa2204

[73]May 24, 2010

no80s wrote:

Breath taking finale, Hurley became the protector, Ben is his sidekick, Kate and the others left the island, And jack died, We knew what the sideway world really is.

And?

Hurley becomes protector of what? Don't you get it, that is the question that needed to be answered. This whole side-verse was NOT what the show was about. Nor was this show simply a character drama. Good for those that watched this solely for the characters, but I do have to point out this was NOT a character drama. Go watch HBO's Treme. This is like we watched 6 seasons of a Science Fiction mystery show, then the finale they decide to throw out the premise of Science Fiction and replace it with a religious theme.

lSll

[74]May 24, 2010
    • level: 2

It was ridiculously bad. The first 2 hours of the episode felt like I was watching a really corny soap opera episode, with people having flashes of the island timeline every time a random event related to something that happened there. Sure, it was powerful and emotional, because afterall, who didn't want to see Sayid and Shannon back together, or a Sawyer encounterwith Julliet? I've seen people call this brilliant writing, but it was just shamelessly taking advantage of previous romances of the show. After a few days, when the shock value is no longer in play,everyone will realize this as well. Those scenes were predictable and poorly executed in the first place. By the 3rd time during the finale that I saw the flashes to the island universe, I resigned knowing the whole episode was going to be scripted in this very corny way. I was right.

As for the ending itself, it was downright absurd. Pretty much the very first theory that popped out when Lost began was: "Are they dead?"

Of course the producers shot down that theory fairly quickly. After seeing everything that happened during six entire seasons all I can think of is: "What was the entire purpose of all that?" The ending doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit with everything we've seen. It doesn't evenfit with what we saw this season. All I saw was a very cheap cop-out, right on par with the "it's all a dream sequence" theory. Epic fail, I feel embarrased I got so many people hooked to the show.

Edited on 05/24/2010 3:44am

aloyoon

[75]May 24, 2010
    what i understand is that every thing on the island happened for real and from Jack talk with Christian is that every one died not at the same time and not all on the island some died before jack death and some after and the flashbacks in season 6 were just the characters minds trying to find each other and move to happy place for me that was an epic end for the show

belial013

[76]May 24, 2010
    • level: 14
    hell no, they just didn't know how to end it and this is the best they came up with

vanbrat

[77]May 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    I'm too confused by the ending to effectively have an opinion about liking it or not.

Agree with you, there. And the fact that Michael and Walt weren't there -- or even MENTIONED -- was a huge hole.

CaptainPervert

[78]May 24, 2010
    • level: 4
    Why the hell was the ending taking place in a church and still there was NO EKO. Mr. Eko never showed up in season 6 which sucks. Coolest character ever imo.

aloyoon

[79]May 24, 2010

vanbrat wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    I'm too confused by the ending to effectively have an opinion about liking it or not.
    Agree with you, there. And the fact that Michael and Walt weren't there -- or even MENTIONED -- was a huge hole.

* every thing in the island actually happened and all the flashbacks in season 1 to 5 also happened

- so its like that after jack died Richard,Sawyer,Kate,Lapidus,Miles,Claire left the island and lived there lives until the day they died

and Desmond left and lived his live with his wife and son until he and his wife died

Hurley become the protector of the island and his second was Benjamin until the day they died

so the flashbacks in season 6 was just away for the characters to find each other and move on after they died
    for example if you notice :
    1- Kate telling jack that she missed him so much
    2- Hurley telling Benjamin he was great being number two
    3- Benjamin telling Hurley he was great number one

YEP8778

[80]May 24, 2010
    • level: 1

I did enjoy the ending, but I am not sure what just happen. It almost feels both the end and also a new start. Probably misunderstood what was happening. Though it seems like they died whether it was before the plane crash or at the plane crash. Desmond was able to help bring each other together when it was time to end. Christian made sure to guide them there. Jacob and the Smoke Monster were something they created, which acted as two sides of everyones personality. The ultimate goal was to be Jacob. Jacob in the last episode final had the chance to join his brother. That was my jist of it.