For all of you out there who don´t (wanna) understand it.
Here´s the ONE BIG REASON WHY SO MANY PEOPLE HATE JACK:
Lack of emotional intelligence. It´s really that simple. He just lacks the very basic soft skills.
This lack of basic soft skills contains:
- NO SELF-EVALUATION AT ALL. He doesn´t even know that he doesn´t know. That´s the lowest level of competence. - He almost never smiles. That alone is just creepy.
- No sense of humor at all. - He´s never relaxed. Always pissed, nervous, angry... Take it easy man!
- Takes himself way too seriously.
- Never apologizes for anything.
- Condemns every other opinion.
- Low self esteem: Big ego but no real confidence behind it
- Overly obsessed with himself.
- Overly obsessed with his father complex.
- Overly obsessed with his ex wife.
- Jealousy all over the place. Jealousy is nothing else than low self esteem and insecurity about your own qualities - Stubbornness all over the place.
- No patience at all. Great leaders are ALWAYS patient. - Can´t let go of anything.
- Can´t get laid if his life depended on it. True men know how to handle women. - He doesn´t (wanna) know that he doesn´t know everything.
- Treats Kate like a little brat.
- Often just too soft and overly emotional. You don´t have to cry over every chick-flick you watch with a woman - Lets his emotions and his anger control him.
He also has a few good traits but there are just too many bad ones to overlook them.
All in all you can say this is a horrible profile for an application.
If he only had a few more scenes like the one were he says to Miles:"I don´t know Miles. How stupid are you?" (I just loved him in that scene!) or a redeeming moment from time to time like when Sawyer holds Aaron, glances over to Sun and remembers that he was responsible for her being dragged into the jungle and hurt by Charlie. You can clearly see that Sawyer regrets his actions in this moment. That would just feel so so good to see Jack in a scene like that.
Nobody would really hate Jack despite all his flaws if he just had some scenes like that every so often.