Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Christian Shephard (spoilers)

JustaThought00

[1]May 24, 2007
    • level: 3

I know there are already a million Christain threads, but I couldn't figure out on which to put my realization.  Anyway...

The episode in which we are initially left to consider Christian's state is the season one episode "White Rabbit" (the one where Jack keeps seeing Christian on the island).  I think this finale--"Through the Looking Glass"--was meant to leave the audience wondering again whether Christian is dead or alive....The other characters in Jack's flashbacks neither confirmed nor denied Jack's indications that Christian is alive.

I think the repeated use of the Alice in Wonderland theme indicates that we are still supposed to be questioning whether or not Christian is dead.  Kudos to the writers!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mikebeech

[2]May 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    Are you referring to the scene in Jack's flash forward where he says "go and get my father, Christian Shephard and if he's drunker than I am you can fire me."

At the end of the episode, when we discover it is a flash forward the first thing I thought was woah does this mean his dad is alive?!

Truly awesome season finale.

DemonBoss

[3]May 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    The producers have said it time and time again, Dr. Christian Shephard is DEAD.

da1truwarrior

[4]May 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    Jack saw his fathers dead body in a flashback.. didnt he? Maybe it is an elaborate coverup, and his father is not really dead.... I mean, supposedly the plane and bodies were already found... this would also help to tie the Jack /Claire relation thing together. You know... Now that I think about it.... Do you ralize that everyone on the island has estranged family issues...

JustaThought00

[5]May 24, 2007
    • level: 3

In season one's "White Rabbit," he saw his dad's live body on the island (but he definitely could have been hallucinating).

And I'm not saying Christian never died.  I'm starting to wonder if you can only enter and leave the island through death.  That would explain how Christian and Cooper showed up, and how all the supposedly-dead surivivors of 815 were alive and on the island.  I was thinking maybe that's why Jack was going to try to kill himself...to get back to the island.  I know this theory is really weird, and I'm not saying I believe it....I just think that even though Christian died, the island does some weird things.......

Oh, and I am NOT saying the Losties are dead, I know the producers have discredited the whole purgatory/heaven/hell theory.