Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Duplicate Thread Thread (look here to see if a topic has been discussed)

wbrj

[21]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    wbrj wrote:
    I have referred several new posters to this thread and will continue to do so. I just did to the person who just posted another "who's in the coffin"

Sorry the new thread was "what's up with the coffin"
    By the way we are now back up higher on the first page!Fishbulb-does this thread have anyway we can continue to refer people to it besides it's title? Any number or I guess the date you started it. I also refer new posters ( or even not-so-new) to do a search. Last post on the coffin thing I had also told them to just type in "coffin" then click on search.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[22]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    david-toms007 wrote:
    great thread that must have taken ages keep posting compliments to keep it on the first page!!

It only took me about ten minutes, but that's only because I used the "search" function. Now, if everybody used it, this thread would be superfluous, but I guess you can't have everything, can you?

wbrj wrote:
    wbrj wrote:
    I have referred several new posters to this thread and will continue to do so. I just did to the person who just posted another "who's in the coffin"

Sorry the new thread was "what's up with the coffin"
    By the way we are now back up higher on the first page!Fishbulb-does this thread have anyway we can continue to refer people to it besides it's title? Any number or I guess the date you started it. I also refer new posters ( or even not-so-new) to do a search. Last post on the coffin thing I had also told them to just type in "coffin" then click on search.

The easiest way to refer people here is to right click on the thread and select "copy link location" or copy the url of the thread, then paste it into the thread in question.

Once you're able to do links (Level 3, IIRC), just post this link: [url]http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/duplicate-thread-thread-look-here-to-see-if-a-topic-has-been-discussed/topic/11431-789567/msgs.html?tag=board_topics;title;13[/ url] without the space between the / and the url.

rampantlion1234

[23]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 4
    Just keeping this from slipping to page 2.

paul2k4

[24]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    Time for a booster...

athevolunteer

[25]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 20
    Great job bro.

Fishbulb13

[26]Jun 22, 2007
    It's up... and it'd GOOD!

wbrj

[27]Jun 22, 2007
    Another thread posted this morning 6/22 a.m. about Jack's Dad Alive....I again referred them to your thread

jamesx32

[28]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    This thread needs to be made sticky.

Fishbulb13

[29]Jun 22, 2007
    wbrj wrote:
    Another thread posted this morning 6/22 a.m. about Jack's Dad Alive....I again referred them to your thread

Yep, I saw. All the more reason to keep this at the top.

wbrj

[30]Jun 22, 2007
    On the thread titled "A theory on the island's location" you're not going to believe this...hold on...It was a "new" poster thinking it was probably limbo-(purgatory)! Don't worry, I was nice and just told them to just type in the word purgatory and click on search and of course - referred them to your thread!!! We got to keep this on the 1st page

athevolunteer

[31]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 20
    Another "Charlie is not dead" thread has been made.

ajporter12345

[32]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 25
    Well, Lost is a very popular show and almost everything has been said or made into a thread so it is kinda hard to make new things up when everything has been done!

AND, I have been reported to the TV.com Moderator. WHY? I made the Create your own Lost 4th season. What was wrong with that?

paul2k4

[33]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 10
    ajporter12345 wrote:
    Well, Lost is a very popular show and almost everything has been said or made into a thread so it is kinda hard to make new things up when everything has been done!

AND, I have been reported to the TV.com Moderator. WHY? I made the Create your own Lost 4th season. What was wrong with that?

It probably classes as a game. If you want to discuss such things I suggest you find an alternate place to do so *cough* ADDRESS IN MY SIGNATURE *cough*

Fishbulb13

[34]Jun 23, 2007

ajporter12345 wrote:

You made two identical threads. I reported one so that it would be deleted. I didn't know that they gave ToSses for that.

And yes, Lost is a very popular show, but we've barely even scratched the surface of what can be discussed. When somebody comes up with a new theory, or something that's actually worth discussing, wouldn't it be nicer to be able to find the thread, rather than having to pore through a thousand "OMG CHARLY!" and "WHO ArE In tEh CoFFIn?" threads?

Edited on 06/23/2007 6:48am

rampantlion1234

[35]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

ajporter12345 wrote:

You made two identical threads. I reported one so that it would be deleted. I didn't know that they gave ToSses for that.

And yes, Lost is a very popular show, but we've barely even scratched the surface of what can be discussed. When somebody comes up with a new theory, or something that's actually worth discussing, wouldn't it be nicer to be able to find the thread, rather than having to pore through a thousand "OMG CHARLY!" and "WHO ArE In tEh CoFFIn?" threads?

This is just another booster really, its getting to the bottom of the page. But regarding your very last statement fishbulb, does this mean that there is more than one person in the coffin!! Oh no, all those newbies will be starting a load of new "How many people are in the coffin" threads. Just for reference, I think it could be Ben and Locke getting cosy.

wbrj

[36]Jun 24, 2007
    Hey! This thread is working...there are "new" questions, theories, etc !! Yeah!! I hope it still gets another chance on the first page!

RUdaPs

[37]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    I was thinking of making a post asking if Jack's dad was dead. I didn't see any thread about it and just wanted to check in first.

Fishbulb13

[38]Jun 27, 2007
    RUdaPs wrote:
    I was thinking of making a post asking if Jack's dad was dead. I didn't see any thread about it and just wanted to check in first.

We're very glad you checked this thread first. For that, we all thank you.

Jancevicius

[39]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    i am relatively new to this site, and i have to agree with alot of people that some topics are posted FAR TOO MUCH. now when i post a thread, a do a quick search to make sure there is not one that is similar that i can post my thoughts on. it takes maybe 5 minutes to do and the fact that people keep making repeating topics is disgusting. and why are there so many forums about ridiculous topics like Charlie still being alive? i mean come on, i understand if he was your favourite character, but he won't be coming back as a main character, that is pretty obvious to me, and there is certainly no need to posted a dozen different forums to discuss it. that is why it is so hard to find good topics on here. anyway, thanks for this post. i don't know how well it is working considering topics go up daily about Charlie being alive or jack's dad being dad, but i will do my part and start referring people to this topic. cheers

Fishbulb13

[40]Jun 28, 2007
    Who here thinks I should start adding "Richard Alpert" threads to this. I noticed a new one that started recently (clicky)