Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

finale.. would you rather...?

Lunatikatt

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 8

lets play the game...

really... would you have rathered :
    1watched the island sink with our losties on it... flocke kill jack and then flee the island ...cut to black?

2.watched the island sink, then alt time line Jack kills locke on the surgery table... the end.?

what else comes to your mind?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ajokurvanyad

[2]May 26, 2010
    • level: 4

i don't think 1. and 2. are mutually exclusive

Kevnay777

[3]May 26, 2010

Tell you the truth neither. I thought it was going to end like this...

Flocke successfully sinks the island and leaves killing everyone. However in the alt universe Desmond has successfully united the two universe together into one. The Losties now realize that they have another chance to stop Flocke this time in another universe. This time Flocke appears as MIB because Locke is alive and Jack's surgery went successful so Locke is able to walk. Jack and Locke have a epic battle with Flocke while Sayid tries to redeem himself by protecting Desmond from Ben so Desmond can get to the light. MIB turns into smoke to run away from the battle so he can catch up to Desmond and kill him before he reaches the light. There he is stopped by Hurley, Sawyer, Kate, and the Kwons where they stall him. Jack and Locke return to fight. Hurley, Sawyer, and Jin splash some water on smokey and he turns back into MIB.Locke has the special dagger that Doegen gave to Sayid and attempts to kill MIB he stabs him and MIB's body disintegrates, smokey emerges from it and flies away. Meanwhile Desmond reaches the light and he saids he knows what to do. Ben turns back to the good side and him and Sayid help Des down the cave. Jack then see's Christian walking in the woods he gets close but it was smokey taking the form of Christian, he reveals his form as MIB is dead but he can still take other forms that he is familiar with. He stabs Jack, turns into smokey and flies away. Jack is hurt and starts to bleed severely despite being the protector he then realizes that he isn't the meant to be protector. He goes to the group and tells Locke to come with him. They go to the bamboo place and he gives Locke the water, Locke is now protector. Jack saids he must stop smokey as his last task. The others meet up with Jack, and there smokey appears again. Smokey saids that his goal is to become one with the light and be able to control everything, he flies down the cave to try to kill Desmond. Jack tells the others to leave once he dies, Kate refuses to believe that. Jack jumps down the cave. There he tells smokey that his plan will never work because he isn't special like Desmond is, he tackles smokey into the light and they both die of the electromagnetism. Desmond the enters it and he time travels to the past and met with Jacob. He attempts to stop Jacob from throwing MIB into the light. Jacob tells Desmond that he can reset everything with his one move right now but he asks Demond if he wanted to, Desmond realizes that Jacob is right and goes back to the light and travels back to the present. There Jack and Jacob has a conversation about the whole thing Jacob tells Jack that he really was the one even though he didn't believe it. Jack then wakes up in the bamboo forest just like he did in the pilot. He realizes that both him and Locke are the protectors. Hurley wants to stay so Jack and Locke touch Hurley and gives him the gift. They have a fare well and everyone else leaves the island. Sometime later Jack and Locke are sitting on the beach they see a ship coming towards them. Locke asks Jack why he picked this group and saids he already know that they will fight and corrupt like the last group. Jack tells him to give the group a chance. When the new group enters the island Hurley greets them, a man who is in charge of the group saids his name his Aaron and he is looking for his uncle Jack Shephard. The end

Skevast

[4]May 27, 2010

Kevnay777 wrote:

Tell you the truth neither. I thought it was going to end like this...

Flocke successfully sinks the island and leaves killing everyone. However in the alt universe Desmond has successfully united the two universe together into one. The Losties now realize that they have another chance to stop Flocke this time in another universe. This time Flocke appears as MIB because Locke is alive and Jack's surgery went successful so Locke is able to walk. Jack and Locke have a epic battle with Flocke while Sayid tries to redeem himself by protecting Desmond from Ben so Desmond can get to the light. MIB turns into smoke to run away from the battle so he can catch up to Desmond and kill him before he reaches the light. There he is stopped by Hurley, Sawyer, Kate, and the Kwons where they stall him. Jack and Locke return to fight. Hurley, Sawyer, and Jin splash some water on smokey and he turns back into MIB.Locke has the special dagger that Doegen gave to Sayid and attempts to kill MIB he stabs him and MIB's body disintegrates, smokey emerges from it and flies away. Meanwhile Desmond reaches the light and he saids he knows what to do. Ben turns back to the good side and him and Sayid help Des down the cave. Jack then see's Christian walking in the woods he gets close but it was smokey taking the form of Christian, he reveals his form as MIB is dead but he can still take other forms that he is familiar with. He stabs Jack, turns into smokey and flies away. Jack is hurt and starts to bleed severely despite being the protector he then realizes that he isn't the meant to be protector. He goes to the group and tells Locke to come with him. They go to the bamboo place and he gives Locke the water, Locke is now protector. Jack saids he must stop smokey as his last task. The others meet up with Jack, and there smokey appears again. Smokey saids that his goal is to become one with the light and be able to control everything, he flies down the cave to try to kill Desmond. Jack tells the others to leave once he dies, Kate refuses to believe that. Jack jumps down the cave. There he tells smokey that his plan will never work because he isn't special like Desmond is, he tackles smokey into the light and they both die of the electromagnetism. Desmond the enters it and he time travels to the past and met with Jacob. He attempts to stop Jacob from throwing MIB into the light. Jacob tells Desmond that he can reset everything with his one move right now but he asks Demond if he wanted to, Desmond realizes that Jacob is right and goes back to the light and travels back to the present. There Jack and Jacob has a conversation about the whole thing Jacob tells Jack that he really was the one even though he didn't believe it. Jack then wakes up in the bamboo forest just like he did in the pilot. He realizes that both him and Locke are the protectors. Hurley wants to stay so Jack and Locke touch Hurley and gives him the gift. They have a fare well and everyone else leaves the island. Sometime later Jack and Locke are sitting on the beach they see a ship coming towards them. Locke asks Jack why he picked this group and saids he already know that they will fight and corrupt like the last group. Jack tells him to give the group a chance. When the new group enters the island Hurley greets them, a man who is in charge of the group saids his name his Aaron and he is looking for his uncle Jack Shephard. The end

Great Ending!!!

I would love if Lost ended like this, makes more sense then the original ending. I wish I stoped watching when Jack opened the cofin and it was empty. After that everything wentdown the toilet. The thing that made me mad was when the alternative timeline wasn't an alternative timeline but some kind of purgatory. How does blowing up the island in the 70's make a purgatory? you have to ignore 5,5 seasons of information to accept the last 10 minutes of the finale. They could have explained the whole show with that Jack had a dream and he woke up in his bed. Then anything would have been acceptable since nothing needs to make sense in a dream. I wish somebody had warned me about the last 10 minutes, smoky was dead and Desmond was on his way to make everybody to remember everything, Jin even remebered his english whitch stated their whole personality got transfered. So the last 10 minutes destroyed everything. If you haven't seen the finale yet then don't watch past the empty cofin. everything is on it.s way to get resolved and you will believe everything ends with a happy ending. Jack starts remembering and he is the last person so it should be down hill from there. I am really traing to forget what happened after that I wish somebody stoped me from watching. How can a show go from the best to the worst in 10 minutes? I am sure it's possible to recut the finale without adding any additional scenes to it. We just need to cut away all Christian Shepard material. I belive I will give it a try when it's out on DVD to salvage the show for myself. I have been more satisfied with the ending ofshows that got axed. In fact every show that i have seen that got axed had better ending....

adamfromny

[5]May 27, 2010
    • level: 2

If it had been done right - meaning consistently and within the framework of the mythology and "rules" of the entire series - it would have been have masterful and a brilliant end to a brilliant series. All they had to do was make the sideways an alternate timeline/reality that occurred when Desmond entered the magnetic energy/light of the island. They could have had tons of action with everybody dying and Jack and Desmond having a fantastic climatic battle inside the light chamber. Or Desmond could have unplugged the hole, caused Smokey to be sucked back into it Jack could have used the donkey wheel (using his awesome "need to fix things" persistence and logic) to send the iksland underwater and far back enough in time that it didn't effect him or the people he cared about. A big white flash and poof! We're back in the alt timeline with everybody remembering their island experiences. Now THAT would have been closure.

adamfromny

[6]May 27, 2010
    Skevast, I'm already editing an HD version of the finale that cuts ALL of the mawkish sideways scenes from it - do we REALLY need to see Kate deliver Claire's baby again set to flashbacks of the first time? Or see Locke wiggle his toes again with flashbacks of Walkabout? Those scenes along with the Christian scene took away all the magic and wonder of seeing them for the first time. I think the sideways can work fine with the last scene of it from "What They Died For" when Desmond says to Kate "We're going to a concert." No purgatory, no 20 flashbacks per person. It's a a fixed timeline that you can imagine fixing the hole or maybe Hurley creates with him "making his own rules." I've watched the finale with the sideways scenes fast-forwarded and it's powerful and close to perfection.

Skevast

[7]May 27, 2010

adamfromny wrote:
    Skevast, I'm already editing an HD version of the finale that cuts ALL of the mawkish sideways scenes from it - do we REALLY need to see Kate deliver Claire's baby again set to flashbacks of the first time? Or see Locke wiggle his toes again with flashbacks of Walkabout? Those scenes along with the Christian scene took away all the magic and wonder of seeing them for the first time. I think the sideways can work fine with the last scene of it from "What They Died For" when Desmond says to Kate "We're going to a concert." No purgatory, no 20 flashbacks per person. It's a a fixed timeline that you can imagine fixing the hole or maybe Hurley creates with him "making his own rules." I've watched the finale with the sideways scenes fast-forwarded and it's powerful and close to perfection.

Great, just don't forget to tell us where we can get your fixed version. It will be hard to forget the original without watching yours. Who knows maybe your version will become the accepted one since the majority didn't like the original. My biggest wish is that I never watched the original however beggers can't be choosers, so your recut has to suffice...

cowboy2831

[8]May 27, 2010
    • level: 16

Skevast wrote:
    Great, just don't forget to tell us where we can get your fixed version. It will be hard to forget the original without watching yours. Who knows maybe your version will become the accepted one since the majority didn't like the original. My biggest wish is that I never watched the original however beggers can't be choosers, so your recut has to suffice...

Do you really think the majority of people didn't like the finale? From what I've been reading, it's about half and half. Maybe you could point me to a poll or survey that backs up your assumption.

I'm in the "liked it" camp myself. I guess what surprises me about the comments from those who didn't like it is the amount of venom in what they are writing.

Not trying to sway you or say you're wrong for not liking the finale. There is no right or wrong opinion. It's just that, an opinion, that everyone is entitled to. What ticks me off is those who have an opinion one way or the other, and anyone who disagrees with them is an idiot or hater.

As has been stated on here, the creators got just what they were looking for, enough of an ambiguios ending for people to talk about for some time to come.

One last thing. I'm really, really going to miss this show and all of the speculation that went along with it. I don't know that the reality of it ending has really sunk in yet.

adamfromny

[9]May 27, 2010

cowboy2831 wrote:

Skevast wrote:

Do you really think the majority of people didn't like the finale? From what I've been reading, it's about half and half. Maybe you could point me to a poll or survey that backs up your assumption.

I'm in the "liked it" camp myself. I guess what surprises me about the comments from those who didn't like it is the amount of venom in what they are writing.

Not trying to sway you or say you're wrong for not liking the finale. There is no right or wrong opinion. It's just that, an opinion, that everyone is entitled to. What ticks me off is those who have an opinion one way or the other, and anyone who disagrees with them is an idiot or hater.

As has been stated on here, the creators got just what they were looking for, enough of an ambiguous ending for people to talk about for some time to come.

One last thing. I'm really, really going to miss this show and all of the speculation that went along with it. I don't know that the reality of it ending has really sunk in yet.

The root of the venom is very simple - we were FLAT-OUT LIED TO by ABC and Carlton and Lindeloff. They promised us both in the show and out of the show (commercials, interviews, statements) that we would be getting all the major questions answered and that the things they were talking about and building upon would amount to something THAT RELATED TO WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT FOR SIX YEARS. The big pay-off is a hokey purgatory where there are no rules and everyone "holds hands and sings kum-by-ya"????? (to quote Sawyer). Half of us not only feel royally punk'd but insulted. THAT'S where the venom is coming from

Edited on 05/28/2010 1:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

ajokurvanyad

[10]May 28, 2010
    • level: 4

...plus i didn't get paid this week

Skevast

[11]Jun 3, 2010

adamfromny wrote:

cowboy2831 wrote:

Skevast wrote:

As has been stated on here, the creators got just what they were looking for, enough of an ambiguous ending for people to talk about for some time to come.

The root of the venom is very simple - we were FLAT-OUT LIED TO by ABC and Carlton and Lindeloff. They promised us both in the show and out of the show (commercials, interviews, statements) that we would be getting all the major questions answered and that the things they were talking about and building upon would amount to something THAT RELATED TO WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT FOR SIX YEARS. The big pay-off is a hokey purgatory where there are no rules and everyone "holds hands and sings kum-by-ya"????? (to quote Sawyer). Half of us not only feel royally punk'd but insulted. THAT'S where the venom is coming from

Exactly my feelings to, punked and insulted.

It's like telling the people on this planet that earth is flat after thinking for several houndred years it was round. And all the clues and proofs that it was roung got nullified in the last 10 minutes. Meaning all pictures of earth being false and the trip to the moon never happened, and acctually going around the earth is possible thanks to a super secret teleporter that aliens left behind, meaning when you get to the end of the earth you actually teleport to the other side, like in old 2D video games. When you go to the right of the screen you apear on the left.

No norlmal intelligent person would ever belive in this day and age that the earth actually is flat. That is why this is insulting. It's like learning that everything you learned in your life and believed in was a lie in the last minute of your life, and not getting the true explanation at all.......

Scarlett_Ohara

[12]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 5

Lunatikatt wrote:

lets play the game...

really... would you have rathered :
    1watched the island sink with our losties on it... flocke kill jack and then flee the island ...cut to black?

2.watched the island sink, then alt time line Jack kills locke on the surgery table... the end.?

what else comes to your mind?

Ever since I saw the scene at the beginning of season 6 where the island is under water and then Jack on the plane in the flash sideways I guessed that by the end of the season that the island would sink, giving the passengers of Oceanic 815 a do over.

I didn't hate ending we got, I just disliked the hit and miss season leading up to it. I believed season 6 had the potential to be the BEST season but I ending up thinking the previous 5 seasons were far superior.

These are just my thoughts though. I am happy for anyone who had their expections met.