Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

how many episodes in season 3?

dumars

[1]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 3

sorry if this is posted or listed somewhere already...

how many episodes will there be in all for season 3?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ackermaniv

[2]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 10

6+16=22

i'm not being condecending, just answering the question

sremnes

[3]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 18

23 episodes in third season. Sure gotta hurry, cause they said its the last season. Thats gonna be a hell to answer all the questions in 23 episodes.

frecklesford

[4]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 5

last season??

who said that??

pdavda

[5]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    Its not the last season, there's going to be another after it but we don't know if thats the last one or not.

Will_of_the_D

[6]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 14
    Season 4 is going to be the last season, not season 3. At least thats what I heard. Lost season 3, will probably have 21 episodes, with the last episode being a 2-hour season finale. I see Lost possibly going to a max of 100 episodes.

tacothevampire

[7]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    There will be 22 episodes in season 3.  There have been 6 so far and they said 16 more episodes in the previews.  6 + 16 = 22.  However, they always count the season finale as a single episode, so there will be 23 hours (with commercials).  Countless times the executive producers/writers have said that they hope for 4-5 seasons.

clarkparker

[8]Nov 20, 2006
    It's 22 episodes, but since the last one is going to be 2 hours (like both the first 2 seasons) it's actually 23 episodes.

tvtome_xena321

[9]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 27
    clarkparker wrote:
    It's 22 episodes, but since the last one is going to be 2 hours (like both the first 2 seasons) it's actually 23 episodes.

Still an hour/episode cut each season. Season 1 had 25 hours = 24 episodes, season 2 had 23 eps = 24 hours. So looks like season 4 will have 21 episodes = 23 hours. Every year its cut down, Alias got a big reduce in its final season, same people who make Lost. They wanna end with 5 seasons too, so looks like there will be 16 eps, and we wait 5 months instead of 3 this season for new eps.

abundantraymo

[10]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 9
    Seriously, where do you guys get this stuff from? Answer to question - check thefutoncritic.com. 23 episodes. Also, the number of episodes does not follow a "pattern" - it has everything to do with the network's schedule and cost of production. As for when the show will finish - not this season, and definitely not next season. This is one of ABC's biggest hits guys! The creators/writers are CONTRACTED to write as much stuff as ABC wants. It goes both ways - a good show can get canceled for bad ratings - well a show can go on with good ratings even if the creators want to quit (see Gilmore Girls now in its 7th season or West Wing - Sorkin quit somewhere in the 4th season I believe and it went on another 3 after he left!). And as for the number of episodes in the final season - Alias had 17 because it was rating poorly, it had a long hiatus, and ABC didn't want to waste money on new episodes that it didn't need and would pull low ratings. This is unlikely to be the case for Lost. Don't forget that Lost is also a big hit all around the world! It might not be number one but it still has strong 18-49 ratings.

Will_of_the_D

[11]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 14
    I dunno, I remember hearing that Lost will have 23 episodes and that it only comes back for 15 weeks.

clarkparker

[12]Nov 21, 2006
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    clarkparker wrote:

Still an hour/episode cut each season. Season 1 had 25 hours = 24 episodes, season 2 had 23 eps = 24 hours. So looks like season 4 will have 21 episodes = 23 hours. Every year its cut down, Alias got a big reduce in its final season, same people who make Lost. They wanna end with 5 seasons too, so looks like there will be 16 eps, and we wait 5 months instead of 3 this season for new eps.

The first and second seasons both had 24 episodes.

glostlover

[13]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 25

i think its about 25-20 episodes

but so far we've got 6 episodes of the third season of lost

ackermaniv

[14]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 10

[QUOTE="abundantraymo"]Seriously, where do you guys get this stuff from? Answer to question - check thefutoncritic.com. 23 episodes. QUOTE]

where did i get my answer-- the promo, released by abc, after the break there are 16 episodes, plus 6, making 22-- what is this 'futoncritic'-- never heard of this, doesn't seem too reliable.

sremnes

[15]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    The producers said that. Remember Lost was originally a 13 episodes min i series, and after that they decided we are going to do 3 seasons. It was said by both Carlton and Damon in an interview back in season 1.