Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

How will Season 4 start?

Awesomeaj108

[1]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    It seems normal in Lost for there to be a big twist in the first episode of a season aswell as the last.  So I ask you all theories of how the first episode of season 4 will play out.  Will there be a new direction taken? Flashback or flashfoward? In the first episode of s02 they threw a curve ball, introducing a new character Desmond and what is in the hatch.  And is first episode in s02 they introduce a new chracter juliete and through a curve ball that shows the true lifestyle of the others.  So there has to be some sort of game changer for the first episode of s04!!! Theoires please!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostinsimpsons

[2]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 8
    Based on the fact that the last two season have started in a way that no one on Earth expected, I don't see any point theorizing as to how the season would start. However, the only thing I can think of is if it started with a guy waking up on the boat, and then taking the phone call from Jack. However, since that is pretty expected, I don't think it'll happen. Maybe it'll start in a Ben flashback-the producers did say that we'd be getting info on Dharma a lot sooner than we thought, so maybe the opening scene will answer a big Dharma question we have. That would be good, and anything more with Ben would be awesome.

robbroc12

[3]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    lostinsimpsons wrote:
    the producers did say that we'd be getting info on Dharma a lot sooner than we thought,

i think they meant the new dharma video that they released.

jakestevens

[4]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    i actually cannot wait thinking of wat way they wil open. Because season 3 opening was just the most shocking start to a season ever. I hope season 4 will be the same....as lostinsimpsons stated....... "Based on the fact that the last two season have started in a way that no one on Earth expected, I don't see any point theorizing as to how the season would start" ......there is just no way of knowing, the writers are very clever and have it all planned out..We should be in good hands people.

lostinsimpsons

[5]Jul 31, 2007
    robbroc12 wrote:
    lostinsimpsons wrote:
    the producers did say that we'd be getting info on Dharma a lot sooner than we thought,

i think they meant the new dharma video that they released.

Ah. That might have been it. Well, scratch the Ben theory.

waves2684

[6]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    Maybe they'll trick us by starting out on the island and later we discover whatever's going on is either a flashback or flash forward. Or maybe it'll be somewhere that seems like the island, but is a flash forward to somewhere "back home"... I'm sure it'll be something good and tricky for us!!

For more Lost online - links to complete episodes, trivia, theories, news, episode guides and details on the next season:

Check out sidereel com /Lost

icanfix

[7]Jul 31, 2007

itll start with a view of a bed, ben is inside, people are under the covers, then ben says "im finished, that was excellent", then sawyer and the doc come up from under the covers, then hurley comes out the closet in a fullred leather britney spears suit. then there is a knock on the door and its non other than alex Delarge from clockwork orange, and then in the biggest twist he says, "ive got "Die hard 5: take this you tali-nazi's"on pirated cinema holographicdvd" and then we realise its been 30 years and no-one has aged, ANYWHERE."

i guess they will have to change it n

Edited on 07/31/2007 4:10pm

jakestevens

[8]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    icanfix wrote:

itll start with a view of a bed, ben is inside, people are under the covers, then ben says "im finished, that was excellent", then sawyer and the doc come up from under the covers, then hurley comes out the closet in a fullred leather britney spears suit. then there is a knock on the door and its non other than alex Delarge from clockwork orange, and then in the biggest twist he says, "ive got "Die hard 5: take this you tali-nazi's"on pirated cinema holographicdvd" and then we realise its been 30 years and no-one has aged, ANYWHERE."

i guess they will have to change it n

HAHAHAHAHA....that cud actually happen

mickdiaz

[9]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 5
    What I don't understand why the show is not coming back for this fall. Why wait till January or Febuary? Why the long hiatus? I love this show but this is crazy.

tvtome_xena321

[10]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 27
    Because ABC keep changing the schduele because people complain, people hated reruns, they went. 6 episodes in fall, 16 eps from feb to May. People hated the 6-episode mini season. Its gone, so now its just 16 episodes from feb to may.

icanfix

[11]Aug 1, 2007
    it has to start later because the guy behind the ideas went home to his home planet until after new years and he wants to be on earth when it starts airing so he can absorb all the mental algorythems created by the show to feed his 8 trillion children on Gorgon 7

teroriztah

[12]Aug 1, 2007
    i hope there'll be a bomb, and the sesaon starts with a flash forward. that would be a nice way to start the season

mickdiaz

[13]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't know how ABC can call it a season when they short changes with the episodes.

teroriztah

[14]Aug 1, 2007
    huh???.....

JakesRuger19

[15]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    The last two season premiers have been two events that we were familiar with, but from someone else's point of view. I know that having the fourth season open with the people on the freighter seems predictable, but it makes sense to have it open with these other people, but not from right where we left off, but during another familiar event, say when the hatch exploded and the island became detectable? I think that would be a good opener to see what Naomi's people did during the electromagnetic anomaly.

parallax207

[16]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 15
    mickdiaz wrote:
    I don't know how ABC can call it a season when they short changes with the episodes.

There are many series' on tv now that have full seasons with 12 to 14 episodes: Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Entourage to name a few.
    I think 16 good well thought out and executed episodes is far better than 16 good episode and 6 poor filler episodes.

teroriztah

[17]Sep 5, 2007
    parallax207 wrote:
    mickdiaz wrote:

There are many series' on tv now that have full seasons with 12 to 14 episodes: Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Entourage to name a few.
    I think 16 good well thought out and executed episodes is far better than 16 good episode and 6 poor filler episodes.

yeah, cable shows... .. lost isnt one....

flowsta

[18]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 6

OMG - how will season 4 start?! why is the banana bended?!

well it could start with: black rock, walt running through the jungle, locke going to see jacob, radzinski flashback, jack's dad on the island (flashback - revealing him as an ex dharma initiative member), smokey, the temple, hurleybird?! , penny taking the phone call about the detected anomaly (season2 finale sequence extension), AND SO ON AND SO ON..

whateva they do it will be great - no doubt! LOST IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV AND WILL EVEN GET BETTER!!

flowsta

[19]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    JakesRuger19 wrote:
    The last two season premiers have been two events that we were familiar with, but from someone else's point of view. I know that having the fourth season open with the people on the freighter seems predictable, but it makes sense to have it open with these other people, but not from right where we left off, but during another familiar event, say when the hatch exploded and the island became detectable? I think that would be a good opener to see what Naomi's people did during the electromagnetic anomaly.

nice thought!

tripping82

[20]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 14
    Opening lines to Season 4.

Scene: Locke with Ben tied up walking up the island

Locke: You shot me...
    Ben: Yes, John. Good observation. Very good, now you want a cookie.
    Locke: What kind of cookie?
    Ben: Peanut Butter
    Locke: I don't like Peanut Butter
    Ben: How 'bout a sugar cookie. Would you want one of those?
    Locke: Sure. How much further?
    Ben: Just over that ridge John.