Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

I believe Jack's dad may have faked his death. Just my theory.

IdiotBoxx

[1]May 26, 2007
    • level: 10

I was just thinking about Exposé episode with Paulo & Nikki being bit by that spider that made them appear dead, but were actually still alive.

Maybe Jack's father used those spiders to paralyze himself to appear dead. So that would explain him appearing dead, but still being alive.

See the website http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Medusa_spider for info on the Medusa Spider.

The Medusa Spider won't kill you but will cause a paralysis for approximately 8 hours, so profound that even a doctor wouldn't be able to hear a heartbeat.

Jack's dad supposedly died of a heart attack.

Jack saw his dad on the island in Season 1. His dad's coffin was empty when Jack found it later on the island. Remember Jack heard his father on the transmitter at the Hydra in the beginning of Season 3. I just think Jack's dad is still alive. There has to be some reason why we were shown that episode with Paolo and Nikki and the medusa spiders. The fact that people thought they were dead, but were slill alive is pretty interesting.

In the flashforward episode Jack's dad is supposedly still alive.

If the Exposé episode has nothing to do with the whole story, then it would seem to be just a filler episode. But I believe that episode has more to do with the story than we think. It explains how Jack's dad could have faked his death and still possibly be alive in the flashforward episode. Still not sure why he'd fake his death.

The producers have stated that he's dead, but qualified their statement by saying that they "may be using the word 'dead' in a sense we [the audience] don't fully understand yet." This indicates an uncertain status as to Christian (Jack's dad).

Please let me know your thoughts.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rampantlion1234

[2]May 26, 2007
    • level: 4

I completely, 100% agree with you. I actually thought (and posted) of this when Expose' first aired. I think that it is too much of a clue to be ignored (put it together with the other clues you mentioned and its obvious I think, by the way, you forgot the one where we see the white shoe in the tree in the pilot epi and Christian is wearing them in White Rabbit when Jack "sees" him, we also see in Expose' Nikki throwing a shoe into the trees and it lodges there just like the white shoes, I think this is what makes it so obvious that the whole Expose' and Medusa spider epi is in relation to Christians "death")

I am not too sure that you will get many responses in agreement though because everytime I have tried to point out the humongous amounts of clues, I just get shouted at from everyone that TPTB said "CHRISTIAN IS DEAD". I think that actions speak louder than words so why do they keep giving us all these clues? If he is dead then why not leave it like that and not keep referring to him in the show with all the clues - they should let him rest in peace and not mention or allude to him at all, he should be dead and buried but they keep referring to him - WHY?

Magnetic-Force

[3]May 26, 2007
    • level: 2

Ok this is like the 3rd time i've said this on these forums after the finale..

JACKS DAD IS DEAD!

The writters have confirmed it MANY times..

rampantlion1234

[4]May 26, 2007
    Magnetic-Force wrote:

JACKS DAD IS DEAD!

Ok I heard you but no-one has bothered to answer my query regarding this "THEY SAID SO" business. Why do the producers keep bringing him up in a fashion that makes you think he is not dead. They obviously know that this is a bone of contention on the forums, but they keep hinting that he is alive. Why would they go to the bother, time and effort not to mention the cost of making these scenes that are useless duff if they are not going to come to anything. I have also been on other forums where the people are a bit more broad minded and can actually believe that maybe TPTB were lying - ever thought of that?

EDIT:  And another thing, everyone else that has died has been forgotten haven't they - Mr Eko, Libby, Ana Lucia, Boone, Shannon, Nikki and Paulo. I mean that TPTB don't keep bringing them up at all. OK, maybe Boone but we all know what that was about and we weren't left wondering if he was still alive. I just can't believe that they would put everything in that they have for nothing. At the start, when the theory that he was still alive first came up, they never actually came straight out and said "He is dead" then did they, no they answered with comments like "those who die on the Island stay dead" knowing full well that Christian "died" in OZ and not on the Island. its things like this that make me wonder if they are being truthful.

Edited on 05/26/2007 4:58pm

orange_sponge

[5]May 26, 2007
    you guys are crackpots, he's dead

Magnetic-Force

[6]May 26, 2007
    rampantlion1234 wrote:
    Magnetic-Force wrote:

JACKS DAD IS DEAD!

Ok I heard you but no-one has bothered to answer my query regarding this "THEY SAID SO" business. Why do the producers keep bringing him up in a fashion that makes you think he is not dead. They obviously know that this is a bone of contention on the forums, but they keep hinting that he is alive. Why would they go to the bother, time and effort not to mention the cost of making these scenes that are useless duff if they are not going to come to anything. I have also been on other forums where the people are a bit more broad minded and can actually believe that maybe TPTB were lying - ever thought of that?

EDIT:  And another thing, everyone else that has died has been forgotten haven't they - Mr Eko, Libby, Ana Lucia, Boone, Shannon, Nikki and Paulo. I mean that TPTB don't keep bringing them up at all. OK, maybe Boone but we all know what that was about and we weren't left wondering if he was still alive. I just can't believe that they would put everything in that they have for nothing. At the start, when the theory that he was still alive first came up, they never actually came straight out and said "He is dead" then did they, no they answered with comments like "those who die on the Island stay dead" knowing full well that Christian "died" in OZ and not on the Island. its things like this that make me wonder if they are being truthful.

Actually no, they have come out and said "he is dead", basically.

On a recent podcast the question of whether or not he was dead arrived, they asked if he was and they replied "yes!"

That's basic enough for me.

Fishbulb13

[7]May 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    Why do you want him to be dead?

Magnetic-Force

[8]May 26, 2007
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    Why do you want him to be dead?

I dont.

But it's not about what i want, I would be lying if i said he's alive.

s1bbald

[9]May 27, 2007
    • level: 22
    Would have made a good gamechanger if he was alive, which he isn't.

nzgurlrock

[10]May 27, 2007
    • level: 6

Ok and if he is dead?? Mikal (dont no how u spell it the guy with the one eye) died a couple of times and was still came back to lie... and others.. So myabe Jacks/Clears dad is alive now... i mean when jack found it empty i no  thought that something was up

Magnetic-Force

[11]May 27, 2007
    Mikhails never died, that's why he was alive.

LOSTbadrobot4

[12]May 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    Also the producers never said that Mikhail was deff. dead. But they have said that Jack's dad is dead about a million times so unless they're lying ( which I'm sure they're not) then he's dead.

doctorWHO69

[13]May 27, 2007
    • level: 13

Lol,i have also had the exact same theory,and also posted a thread explaining my reasons 4 thinking it.

We could well be wrong,and if i am,then il be happy to hold my hands up and admit defeat,but until then,il cling to my theory too  

IdiotBoxx

[14]May 27, 2007
    • level: 10
    Just seems weird that they would be dropping hints that Christian was still alive.

Also, is it just coincidense that the morgue doctor that told Jack his father is dead was also a passenger on Flight 815?

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Geoff_Heise
    http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Morgue_doctor

Also, he was was still alive after the crash. After the crash in the pilot episode he shouts, "Stay away from the gas."

What happened to the morgue doctor? Is he still alive on the island somewhere? I think he helped Christian to pull off his faked death.

What was the purpose the of the Exposé episode? I think it was to show us that someone can appear dead, but not truely be dead.
    Edited on 05/27/2007 1:39am

doctorWHO69

[15]May 27, 2007

I completely agree with you,and as rampantlion said,there will be many many more that dont agree,but we have our own theories.

And if he is dead,i think if time travel is involved in sum way,then that could be how he is still 'alive' in some way

flowsta

[16]May 27, 2007
    so you wanna tell me old shepard did the "makaveli"??

doctorWHO69

[17]May 27, 2007
    flowsta wrote:

makaveli??

flowsta

[18]May 27, 2007
    to those who think that old shepard is alive...would you mind telling me where he is? where he was all da time on the island? is he one of the whispers? tell me where he is and what he has done since the plane crashed! I AM CURIOS!

flowsta

[19]May 27, 2007
    doctorWHO69 wrote:
    flowsta wrote:

makaveli??

he faked his own death! i think he was an italian warlord.. i'd have to look it up to precisely tell you..but i've got no time!

doctorWHO69

[20]May 27, 2007

I dont think he is on island actually.Seems to me,if he faked his death,then itd be quite foolish to then get on a plane and risk being killed for real  lol.

So i reckon,he faked his death,then the coffin was actaully empty when it boarded the plane.Yes it probably was smokie impersonating him in white rabbit,but that doesnt mean christian cant be alive off island.

Yes,the producers have stated that christian is dead,but if they are also introducing differing/alternate timelines,then it possible/probable,that he can still be alive.As in the finale,when he was speaking about him,then maybe in the timeline he is alive.