Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

I'm fine with no answers. But don't tell me the characters were given resolution

anokazz

[1]May 25, 2010
    • level: 2

I've been a huge LOST fan since day 1 and never missed a single episode.Regarding the finale, I honestly wasn't expecting straight-to-the-point answers to subjects like the Numbers or what is the Island and I can perfectly understand the writer's position on those subjects (in star wars no one tells you what the force is and that's ok).

It seems that the LOST community is quite divided as to wether the finale was genius or simply a disaster. Also, it seems that those who were the hardcore mythology fans are the onesthat didn't like it, while the more character-driven or spiritual or whatever were able to interpret it in a non-literary way that works for them (and which kinda works for me too, up to a certain limit).

My problem is that, the argument on the "the finale was genius" side is that the show was basically about those characters and that's what got resolution in a "simply beautiful" manner. But did it? I mean...

- Jack and Kate's goodbye is simply absurd. Shouldn't she have stayed with jack - like even hurley did - instead of leaving? Was their moment supposed to be "simply beautiful"?

- Sayid's kiss/enlightenment moment with Na...ops Shannon - really?! After six seasons of Sayid carrying a picture of Nadia through the whole series, his story is resumed with a kiss with shannon. Can someone please remind me again of who shannon is? Was that "simply beautiful" as well?

- Ben got resolution? Why did he stay behind? Weren't they all supposed to leave together? What has he done that was worse than what Sayid has done?

Anyways, it's not one episode in the middle of 115 very excelent hours that will change my opinion on the quality of LOST. But I think they could have done so much better. Let's face it: the season six finale's great twist was the resolution of a plot-line that was introduced in season.......6. And that saddens me because when they said a long time ago that they already had in mind what "the last image of LOST will be" I though that actually meant they knew where they were heading, but there are an infinte number of ways of getting to jack's eye closing while he is laying on a bamboo forest.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

motleylil

[2]May 25, 2010
    • level: 19

The enlightenment was about seeing their life on the Island, so it makes very much sense to me that it came to Sayid by seeing Shannon. Ben stayed behind because he feels he's not ready yet, probably to have a bit of a life with Alex who he considers as his daughter.

ImNotDarioUAre

[3]May 25, 2010
    • level: 11
    anokazz wrote:

- Ben got resolution? Why did he stay behind? Weren't they all supposed to leave together? What has he done that was worse than what Sayid has done?

Do you need a list? And yeah I agree, Sayid and Shannon didnt exactly seem as touching as Sayid and Nadia and Jack and Kate were pretty boned but... ummm Richard can die now . . . oh wait he doesnt want anymore... Eh I dunno. Well at least most of the people finally got off the island (even though only two of them have been on it since the begining).

Ayn_Ilial

[4]May 25, 2010
    • level: 20

A bit off topic, but I've just got to say it...

Poor Ben. Most people got their big awakening through touching/seeing a loved one. Ben got it though getting the cr*p beat out of him...again...

Megaman200798

[5]May 25, 2010
    • level: 13
    Ugh I agree. I'm still a big fan but that ending was HORRIBLE. It was so predictable. The least they could go was leave the fans with some resolutions. And whats more frustrating is they spend half of seasons six with the afterlife than answering questions.