Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Important up in the air questions.

SVU_number_1fan

[21]May 24, 2010
    • level: 17
    the numbers and the polar bear i wonder why but i was thinking that the polor bears were brought from drarhma doing test on them
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ImNotDarioUAre

[22]May 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    :
    6.Smokie

I wish this one was answered because the main point of LOST was defeating Smokie and protecting the Island. But it never did explain why letting smokie off the island was a bad thing. It would be great to know the reason the heroes are doing what they are doing or if there is a reason at all. From what we've seen, Smokie's been right about everything and there is nothing to protect. Jack pretty much died for nothing without this answer.

Well Smokey is a creature that:
    1-is not human
    2-turns into a black smoke that can kill people

I think that right here explains it. Given that he was doing on the island, it would simply be catastrophic to let him in civilization.

But remember this is Jacob's brother, whom he trusts and loves. Something must of happened to make Jacob think that he was so dangerous.

The really question is what happened to him in that cave. I guess we are to assume that contact with the light made him that. As for why is it bad for him to leave, it is pretty obvious to me.

Well it isn't obvious to me. He kills and murders because he can't leave, if he can't leave because he kills and murders that wouldnt make much sense.

he is a Smoke MONSTER...we can`t assume he won`t kill if he leaves, he is dangerous by nature.

Its his brother, why would he assume he WILL kill if he leaves. He's not a mindless killing beast.

avi01

[23]May 24, 2010
    • level: 26
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    :
    6.Smokie

I wish this one was answered because the main point of LOST was defeating Smokie and protecting the Island. But it never did explain why letting smokie off the island was a bad thing. It would be great to know the reason the heroes are doing what they are doing or if there is a reason at all. From what we've seen, Smokie's been right about everything and there is nothing to protect. Jack pretty much died for nothing without this answer.

1-is not human

I think that right here explains it. Given that he was doing on the island, it would simply be catastrophic to let him in civilization.

But remember this is Jacob's brother, whom he trusts and loves. Something must of happened to make Jacob think that he was so dangerous.

The really question is what happened to him in that cave. I guess we are to assume that contact with the light made him that. As for why is it bad for him to leave, it is pretty obvious to me.

Well it isn't obvious to me. He kills and murders because he can't leave, if he can't leave because he kills and murders that wouldnt make much sense.

he is a Smoke MONSTER...we can`t assume he won`t kill if he leaves, he is dangerous by nature.

Its his brother, why would he assume he WILL kill if he leaves. He's not a mindless killing beast.

he is longer the brother he loved, that man died and he burned his corpse. He had his memories maybe some of his feeling, much like Locke (tho he was very much dead and different). Some of the people he killed served no purpose in him leaving so yes I think it is a killing beast. Smoke Monster was the ultimate lost villain..he didn`t really show any compassion, pity or such feeling.

JesseDennis1

[24]May 24, 2010
    • level: 1
    you also have to remember when their mother first showed them the light. Tghe man in black proved that he was no better than man kind becaus he wanted the light for himself. He showed an evil side and wanted power opposed to Jacob who didnt want the light.

FallingDown1986

[25]May 24, 2010
    • level: 20

ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    FallingDown1986 wrote:
    What was the purpose of Matthew Abaddon and who is he really?
    Idk who you're talking about.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Matthew_Abaddon

lost_junkie

[26]May 24, 2010
    • level: 6
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    :
    6.Smokie

1-is not human

he is longer the brother he loved, that man died and he burned his corpse. He had his memories maybe some of his feeling, much like Locke (tho he was very much dead and different). Some of the people he killed served no purpose in him leaving so yes I think it is a killing beast. Smoke Monster was the ultimate lost villain..he didn`t really show any compassion, pity or such feeling.

What do you mean he burned his corpse? He buried him in the cave with his mother. They were Adam and Eve from Season 1.

gorman87

[27]May 24, 2010
    • level: 7
    I'm pretty sure that the monster was unleashed when MIB went into the source and not the MIB himself.

why? who knows. maybe it was his evil spirit or something that was sucked out of him. maybe it was something else. not really important where it came, just that it was unleashed and it was really bad and really dangerous.

I don't think it was specifically the MIB himself because remember Jacob found his dead body and put it the cave with the mother and those two became Adam & Eve that Jack, Kate & Locke found in season 1.

KingofIPirates

[28]May 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    gorman87 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the monster was unleashed when MIB went into the source and not the MIB himself.

why? who knows. maybe it was his evil spirit or something that was sucked out of him. maybe it was something else. not really important where it came, just that it was unleashed and it was really bad and really dangerous.

I don't think it was specifically the MIB himself because remember Jacob found his dead body and put it the cave with the mother and those two became Adam & Eve that Jack, Kate & Locke found in season 1.

No, it was clearly MIB as for one Smokey confirms in his admission to Richard in Ab Aeterno that Jacob was the one who took his body, his humanity. Second, Smokey told Kate that his mother was crazy. Third they just happen to coincidentally want to get off the island and share much of the same motivations and personality? And lastly there were rules already set in place in that Jacob could not kill his brother and vice versa and with this rule it means the light itself doesn't actually kill an individual so much as separate their consciousness from the physical bonds of their body. Which means MIB can't be dead as it'd be in direct violation of the rules and if his physical body is dead the only other option is that's his consciousness is alive as Smokey

Cyberfairy

[29]May 25, 2010

Wasn't the sickness just Smokey manipulating people? He got to Clair and Sayid, and he promised to give them back her baby and his girl if they did what he said. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. But, if this is true than it is possible he did the same with the other people; telling them to kill eachother for a reward only he could give.

Burstrush

[30]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    the numbers and the polar bear i wonder why but i was thinking that the polor bears were brought from drarhma doing test on them

The numbers were representing the candidates: 4 - Locke, 8 - Hugo, 15 - Sawyer, 16 - Sayid, 23 - Jack, 42 - Kwon (Sun/Jin).

If u add up all those numbers u will get 108 which is:

- The time they had to put in the number on the dharma computer

- what Jacob asked Hurley to move the lighthouse too

- And alot of other things

As for the polar bears, Yes the Dharma was indeed doing test on them. When locke and Ben used the Donkey Wheel to teleport to Tunisea, they saw bones of a bear and the Dharma Collar the bears were wearing.

So we can assume they were there to push the donkey wheel and see what effect it had on transporting them.

As for that, why did the people who escaped by plane, didnt use the donkey wheel to get out of there? Lot saver then taking the plane from a sinking island? :p

nathan69

[31]May 25, 2010
    • level: 3

here are my personal questions and the best ones I have got from this forum. I was gonna start my own thread but this one is ideal

1) Who was the mysterious person who was in jacobs so called cabin here ....http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Figure

2) Before jack kills MIB how would he have got to his boat bearing in mind he can't cross water?

3) why are polar bears on the island? Yes I know that dharma probably bought them but they were just a prop to create mystery like many others. What a joke.

4) Why did turning the wheel dump you in a desert?

5) Why did eloise want them to go back to the island yet not remember there time on the island?

6) Who made the supply drop?

7) Why did the Others kidnap Cindy, Zach, and Emma, and what happened to them?

What was so special about Walt and how did the Others plan to use him?

9) Who did Ben signal with the mirror and what did he say?

10) what was in the box/capsule that ben showed locke's dad?

11) who was shooting at the people in the boat (I forget the episode but it was a BIG question at the time)

spikemaniac

[32]May 25, 2010
    • level: 50
    Something that really bothers me, that I hadn't actually thought of until someone mentioned it to me, is smokey's inconsistency. I mean, when he first rocked up, he was just this mechanical thing, and then someone said that he was a security system that judges people. The MIB is a security season that judges people? I probably missed something, but this just really annoys me.

avi01

[33]May 25, 2010
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Something that really bothers me, that I hadn't actually thought of until someone mentioned it to me, is smokey's inconsistency. I mean, when he first rocked up, he was just this mechanical thing, and then someone said that he was a security system that judges people. The MIB is a security season that judges people? I probably missed something, but this just really annoys me.

if by judge you mean judging Ben in season 5, he was manipulating Ben into following him, it was part of his plan to have Ben kill Jacob, he was never a security thing.

shan73

[34]May 25, 2010
    • level: 5
    My up in the air question is:

Why the woman on the island cannot get pregnant? or why do they lose their baby??

avi01

[35]May 25, 2010
    shan73 wrote:
    My up in the air question is:

Why the woman on the island cannot get pregnant? or why do they lose their baby??

this remained unanswered. But to be fair, I don`t see the use of addressing that in the finale, they should have done that some seasons ago when it was relevant(ie, when there was pregnant people on the island). That being said, they might still reveal it in the bluray release and Jimmy Kimmel said there would be more mysteries resolved in that.

Cyberfairy

[36]May 25, 2010
    Burstrush wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:

The numbers were representing the candidates: 4 - Locke, 8 - Hugo, 15 - Sawyer, 16 - Sayid, 23 - Jack, 42 - Kwon (Sun/Jin).

If u add up all those numbers u will get 108 which is:

- The time they had to put in the number on the dharma computer

- what Jacob asked Hurley to move the lighthouse too

- And alot of other things

As for the polar bears, Yes the Dharma was indeed doing test on them. When locke and Ben used the Donkey Wheel to teleport to Tunisea, they saw bones of a bear and the Dharma Collar the bears were wearing.

So we can assume they were there to push the donkey wheel and see what effect it had on transporting them.

As for that, why did the people who escaped by plane, didnt use the donkey wheel to get out of there? Lot saver then taking the plane from a sinking island? :p

But in the end, the numbers was just numbers. The best explanation probably comes from the Valenzi Equation (some way to calculate the end of the world), but even the writers said they probably never would answer that question. Might've just been Jacobs obsession with numbers.

I'm pretty sure that when the Island was sinking the light that could transport them was gone, and they probably didn't have enough time to go there anyways, or maybe they didn't know where it was?

Brodoin15

[37]May 25, 2010
    • level: 20

nathan69 wrote:

here are my personal questions and the best ones I have got from this forum. I was gonna start my own thread but this one is ideal

1) Who was the mysterious person who was in jacobs so called cabin here ....http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Figure

2) Before jack kills MIB how would he have got to his boat bearing in mind he can't cross water?

3) why are polar bears on the island? Yes I know that dharma probably bought them but they were just a prop to create mystery like many others. What a joke.

4) Why did turning the wheel dump you in a desert?

5) Why did eloise want them to go back to the island yet not remember there time on the island?

6) Who made the supply drop?

7) Why did the Others kidnap Cindy, Zach, and Emma, and what happened to them?

What was so special about Walt and how did the Others plan to use him?

9) Who did Ben signal with the mirror and what did he say?

10) what was in the box/capsule that ben showed locke's dad?

11) who was shooting at the people in the boat (I forget the episode but it was a BIG question at the time)

1)It may have been Jacks dad or even MiB. It was said that someone else was using Jacob's cabin, after all.

2) Maybe a certain heading was Jacob's rules. Since Hurley replaced him, perhaps he could change the rules and let anyone go, if they choose. Ben hinted this.

3) As said, they were probably used to study the donkey wheel, since it was very cold down there.

4) It is just possible that the wheel lets out some of the island's energy power, and teleports the person who did it to the other side of the world.

5) Assuming you mean her helping the Losties in real life and not the alt, it was probably fate. If I remember correctly, she seemed really sad when Faraday was leaving for the island the first time. She knew she would kill her son, she probably just didn't want to screw up the timeline.

6) Dharma. Probably for Desmond, since someone was still stationed there when Desmond arrived on the island.Hey may have beena survivor from the Dharma purge, though don't quote me on that.

7) I do wish we saw them in the finale, but I do think they went on to live on the island with Hurely and Ben as their leader, as well as any other Other survivors.

8. He had a connection with the island, like Locke and Hurley. Though, I do wish they went into detail with this, there is not much to go on other than that.

9) Probably another Other.

10) It wasn't a real "magic box". It was a ploy for Locke to believe in the island more. They probably went to the mainland and kidnapped him and brought him to the island.

11) Not sure if I remember what you are speaking off, but all that comes to mind is either the Others or Kreamy and his men.

Edited on 05/25/2010 11:15am

Cyberfairy

[38]May 25, 2010

The polar bears were brought to the island by the Dharma-team for testing. If you remember from season 4, Charlotte finds a skeleton after a polar bear in the middle of the desert. This clearly shows they used the bears to experiment with the travelling. Why did they use polar bears? Who knows, maybe because it was cold down there and they stored them there.

Lunatikatt

[39]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    the question Id want an answer to would be

Why did Jack and Juliette have a kid?! Who the hell is he?! Is he even real? argh!

avi01

[40]May 25, 2010
    Lunatikatt wrote:
    the question Id want an answer to would be

Why did Jack and Juliette have a kid?! Who the hell is he?! Is he even real? argh!

maybe not.. which would explain why would explain why Locke told him he has no son. Jack had father issues, maybe this was a way for him to get over it. Now why is julliet the mother..no idea, plot wise it helped reuniting everyone at the concert but storywise, I`m not sure.