Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Important up in the air questions.

ImNotDarioUAre

[41]May 25, 2010
    • level: 11
    Cyberfairy wrote:

Wasn't the sickness just Smokey manipulating people? He got to Clair and Sayid, and he promised to give them back her baby and his girl if they did what he said. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. But, if this is true than it is possible he did the same with the other people; telling them to kill eachother for a reward only he could give.

When the sickness infected Rosseu's team they were definately insane so its not just Smokie manipulating.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ImNotDarioUAre

[42]May 25, 2010
    nathan69 wrote:

here are my personal questions and the best ones I have got from this forum. I was gonna start my own thread but this one is ideal

1) Who was the mysterious person who was in jacobs so called cabin here ....http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Figure

2) Before jack kills MIB how would he have got to his boat bearing in mind he can't cross water?

3) why are polar bears on the island? Yes I know that dharma probably bought them but they were just a prop to create mystery like many others. What a joke.

4) Why did turning the wheel dump you in a desert?

5) Why did eloise want them to go back to the island yet not remember there time on the island?

6) Who made the supply drop?

7) Why did the Others kidnap Cindy, Zach, and Emma, and what happened to them?

What was so special about Walt and how did the Others plan to use him?

9) Who did Ben signal with the mirror and what did he say?

10) what was in the box/capsule that ben showed locke's dad?

11) who was shooting at the people in the boat (I forget the episode but it was a BIG question at the time)

2: The islands powers were gone so Smokie wasn't special anymore he was just a regular man, meaning he could cross the water without a problem.
    3: The donkey wheel place was cold
    4: All of the pockets of electromagnetic activity around the world were connected and the island transported throught time. The Tunisian desert was probably just another pocket of energy.
    7: Ben didn't like the thought of children dying as we saw in the episode about his judgement. If they didnt bring them in the protection of the Others they were in danger of Smoke Monster getting them. That all goes along with the reason they kidnapped everyone else, an answer we still don't know.

ImNotDarioUAre

[43]May 25, 2010

Updated list:

1. Walt

At the end of Season 1 he seemed like he would be a key character in the series but was in the end pretty trivial. Why was he "special" and if he was so "special" why didnt he appear past season 2 save for a few cameos. This question was sort of answered on Jimmy Kimmell though.

2. Eloise

We know that she was once the leader of The Others and at some point left the island. What we don't know is why she is impervious to time travel ( knowing that Desmond was having Flashbacks). It seems like a small thing but it would be good to know how the character who some how knows everything... ya know... knows everything.

3. The Others

This one kind of annoys me. They never explained what the hell The Others were there for. That was like the biggest mystery in seasons 2 and 3 yet it never got answered. Also why were The Others so bad? How come they chose to murder and kidnap the survivors instead of just telling them what was going on?

My Own speculation: They're job is to make sure the people whom Jacob brings to the island to prove Smokie wrong, stay on the island. With changes to technology and stuff it probably got harder to keep people on the island once he brought them there with things like boats and stuff. Either that or that they are just there to protect the island because Jacob is unable to do it as one man, especially when the U.S Military arrived.

4. The Numbers

Now if anyone one says "Well we already got a good enough explanation for the numbers" I will hunt you down and shoot you in the face. No. Shut up. It was not an any where near decent answer. These numbers were messing with our minds since season 1 and we still never got anything but "They correspond to the candidates". Thats not an answer that's just another reference to the numbers. Did you all forget the distress signal that brought Rousseu to the island? or the fact that they are the Password to stop the apocalyse in the hatch?

5. The Rules

This one probably shouldnt have been answered because it would cheapen the mystery of the show but I still kindof would liketo know who the hell makes these rules and how come they can do that? Why can Jacob do all the things he does? Why can crazy mother lady make it so that Jacob and Smokie can't kill each other, why can't smokie kill candidates? the list goes on and on.

6.Locke Ness Monster ( yes I'm calling him Locke Ness monster now cause its catchy)

I wish this one was answered because the main point of LOST was defeating Smokie and protecting the Island. But it never did explain why letting smokie off the island was a bad thing. It would be great to know the reason the heroes are doing what they are doing or if there is a reason at all. From what we've seen, Smokie's been right about everything and there is nothing to protect. Jack pretty much died for nothing without this answer.

7: Smokie and Jacob's battle

So we know that Smokie wants to leave and Jacob won't let him. We know that Jacob thinks people are inwardly good and Smokie thinks they are inwardly evil. Jacob brings people to the island to observe them and prove to Smokie that he's wrong. Smokie then kills who Jacob brings to the island. Why however does he do that last part and how are any of these things related? How will proving to Smokie that people are good stop him from wanting to leave the island and why the bloody hell does Smokie kill all of these people if he doesn't give two sh!ts about the island and whether it gets corrupted or not?

8. Sickness

This one is really confusing. We know that the sickness infected Rousseu's team and caused them to kill one another. We also know that Sayid and Claire were infected. But what causes the sickness? Why didn't Sayid ever go crazy or was the sickness he and Claire got different from the sickness Rousseu warned them about? I just don't see why they would introduce this element of the story without delving deeper into it.

9. The Second Hatch

I don't remember nor care what it was called. This is Dharma question so it's not really intergeral to the plot. Lost tricked us in the begining by making us think that Dharma intiative was related to the reason they all were on the island making us think that there were more important questions than there really were. However the one that kinda gets me is how come they did the experiment with the second hatch? Are they just dicks?

10. How come opening the light transports you off the island. Smokie knew it would happen because he was special and I get that but I want to know why it happenes.

My own speculation: Electromagnatic energy runs all through out the earth and is all connected. When someone close enough to the large pocket of energy in the island (not close enough to be killed by it though) then you are transported throught the electromagnetic channels to somewhere else in the world. It didnt work for Desmond because he was immune to the energy. Why is he immune? Fuk you thats why. meh thats about the only answer the creators gave us.

11. How come people kept seeing walt

That ones self explanitory. Why? And why did they tell Locke that he had work to do? What did he even have to do? He killed Naomi but that didnt exactly turn out good now did it? And why the hell did he think that "Work to do" translates into "Kill that lady who came down on the parachute."

12. Jacob's Cabin

What the hell was going on with that? The incedent with Locke can be explained by the smoke monster (although it doesnt explain how he was able to shake it like that. The cabin shook like it was in an earthquake not like it was being thrashed around by a monster. Plus we would have heard it's mechanical noises.) But we can't explain how it moves around like that and how come only Hurley and Locke can see it. I haven't seen the episode in a while so I don't remember if the other candidates couldnt see it or not but it might have something to do with candidacy.

13. Dharma Catastrophe/Pregnancy

I wasn't going to put this one because I thought it was already answered by the Dharma catastrophe. Dharma drilled into the electromagnetic pocket and all hell broke loose which is why the people in the hatch wear those hasmat suits. However that doesnt all add up because while the Dharma purge occoured after the catastrophe and all the initiative seemed perfectly healthy (aside from the whole being killed by The Others thing.) So how come the people in the hatch thought that outside of the hatch was so lethal?

14.Matthew Abaddon

Seriously... The fuk This guy knew sh!t Whidmore shouldnt even know.

15. Boat shooting

who was shooting at the people in the boat? This was someone elses question and I'm not quite sure what they're talking about but I dont know the answer so I'm putting it on the list.

16. Eve killing people

How was she able to kill all those people.

Cyberfairy

[44]May 25, 2010
    • level: 6
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    Cyberfairy wrote:

Wasn't the sickness just Smokey manipulating people? He got to Clair and Sayid, and he promised to give them back her baby and his girl if they did what he said. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. But, if this is true than it is possible he did the same with the other people; telling them to kill eachother for a reward only he could give.

When the sickness infected Rosseu's team they were definately insane so its not just Smokie manipulating.

I don't know. Both Saying and Claire got really insane too.

Torzhestvuyushe

[45]May 25, 2010

I have another mystery I'd like answering. I don't exactly have much of a theory on it, so I'm curious to see what other people say. Also, if I've missed something, feel free to fill me in:

The Flame

What did entering "7-7" really do? What was the original purpose of entering "7-7"? Why was the Flame rigged with C-4 and who did this?

Why did Bea Klugh ask Mikhail to kill her?

Edited on 05/25/2010 5:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ImNotDarioUAre

[46]May 25, 2010
    Torzhestvuyushe wrote:

I have another mystery I'd like answering. I don't exactly have much of a theory on it, so I'm curious to see what other people say. Also, if I've missed something, feel free to fill me in:

The Flame

What did entering "7-7" really do? What was the original purpose of entering "7-7"? Why was the Flame rigged with C-4 and who did this?

Why did Bea Klugh ask Mikhail to kill her?

It was rigged to protect information.

ImNotDarioUAre

[47]May 25, 2010

17. Why did Locke save Kate

Claire was strangling her and Locke stopped her for some reason.

Brodoin15

[48]May 25, 2010
    • level: 20

ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

17. Why did Locke save Kate

Claire was strangling her and Locke stopped her for some reason.

Most likely to earn the trust of the Losties so he could go through with his plans.

Lunatikatt

[49]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8

i think a very important question is WHO CORKED THE ISLAND IN THE FIRST PLACE¿? we can see that the STONE has some kind of symbols so its making me wonder... if it was alive or well... if the fire was down there how come the island is alive for the time that the giant fail safe key was made?¿? um i think ive spent too much time here already haha oops

Adam-h

[50]May 26, 2010
    • level: 1

lost_junkie wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    :
    6.Smokie I wish this one was answered because the main point of LOST was defeating Smokie and protecting the Island. But it never did explain why letting smokie off the island was a bad thing. It would be great to know the reason the heroes are doing what they are doing or if there is a reason at all. From what we've seen, Smokie's been right about everything and there is nothing to protect. Jack pretty much died for nothing without this answer.
    Well Smokey is a creature that: 1-is not human 2-turns into a black smoke that can kill people I think that right here explains it. Given that he was doing on the island, it would simply be catastrophic to let him in civilization.
    But remember this is Jacob's brother, whom he trusts and loves. Something must of happened to make Jacob think that he was so dangerous.
    The really question is what happened to him in that cave. I guess we are to assume that contact with the light made him that. As for why is it bad for him to leave, it is pretty obvious to me.
    Well it isn't obvious to me. He kills and murders because he can't leave, if he can't leave because he kills and murders that wouldnt make much sense.
    he is a Smoke MONSTER...we can`t assume he won`t kill if he leaves, he is dangerous by nature.
    Its his brother, why would he assume he WILL kill if he leaves. He's not a mindless killing beast.
    he is longer the brother he loved, that man died and he burned his corpse. He had his memories maybe some of his feeling, much like Locke (tho he was very much dead and different). Some of the people he killed served no purpose in him leaving so yes I think it is a killing beast. Smoke Monster was the ultimate lost villain..he didn`t really show any compassion, pity or such feeling.
    What do you mean he burned his corpse? He buried him in the cave with his mother. They were Adam and Eve from Season 1.

loving this topic lol.... just want to bring up one point, then pose another question. All this talk about Smokie not allowed to leave the island because he'll kill everyone, thats a fair conclusion, however he was told he wasnt allowed to leave before he became smokey so it kind of throws that theory out...

my question, that no one seems to have brought up, is... if jacob and his brother cant leave the island, how did jacob leave it everytime he "affected the lives" of those who crashed. some when they were younger and some older, so he's obviously left several times!!!

may as well throw another question in, what was that mirror lighthouse thing all about? no explanation as to how it was built or works... love the show, but a few more answers would have been nice lol

Cyberfairy

[51]May 26, 2010
    • level: 6
    Lunatikatt wrote:

i think a very important question is WHO CORKED THE ISLAND IN THE FIRST PLACE¿? we can see that the STONE has some kind of symbols so its making me wonder... if it was alive or well... if the fire was down there how come the island is alive for the time that the giant fail safe key was made?¿? um i think ive spent too much time here already haha oops

I don't think that really was so important. We know that the mother to Jacob and MIB wasn't the first one, because she probably got her protector-powers from her mother/father, and this probably went back for...maybe millions of years. And in the end, it was all magic probably created by some god. I'm actually kinda glad we didn't get to hear this because it would've just seem like a 'cheap' way out (GOD DID IT!!!!!!).

ajokurvanyad

[52]May 26, 2010
    • level: 4

Cyberfairy wrote:
    Lunatikatt wrote:

I don't think that really was so important. We know that the mother to Jacob and MIB wasn't the first one, because she probably got her protector-powers from her mother/father, and this probably went back for...maybe millions of years. And in the end, it was all magic probably created by some god. I'm actually kinda glad we didn't get to hear this because it would've just seem like a 'cheap' way out (GOD DID IT!!!!!!).

it was the cheap way out!the island,jacob,big smoke,mommy dearest they were all magical beings,like gods so the writers played the stupid religious card for the finale(and explanation for everything) of a seemingly inteligent show

cindycee

[53]May 26, 2010
    • level: 8
    well since one of the holes in my 'mother was a smoke monster' theory has been cleared up, ie. she couldnt have been the smoke monster because she wouldnt have left a body behind.... i suggested that we dont know how smokey would die, since we dont know the rules, and maybe smokey would leave an actual body behind, well we now know he did leave a body behind, a body that looked exactly like john lockes, so i will stick with my theory, i like it lol.

i really do think that smokey has been around in various forms for hundreds of years before jacob/mib/mother were there, because if you look at the tunnel with the light, there are already some skeletons down there. these skeletons could have been thrown down there and turned into smokey in the same way the mib was, and maybe the rules in someone elses game have determined his form.

ajokurvanyad

[54]May 26, 2010

nathan69 wrote:
    2) Before jack kills MIB how would he have got to his boat bearing in mind he can't cross water?

why couldn't he cross water?he couldn't swim?)

ajokurvanyad

[55]May 26, 2010

another thing is claire was pretty much a weckjob by the end.i mean serious abandonment issues(among others).still kate took her home.to aaron?"hey son,here's your real mother.don't worry bout the straightjacket,it's for her own protection".....how could they not adress that?

KingofIPirates

[56]May 26, 2010
    • level: 32
    ajokurvanyad wrote:

nathan69 wrote:

why couldn't he cross water?he couldn't swim?)

MIB once stated in a conversation with Sawyer that he couldn't cross the water to get to the Hydra island in his Smoke form which is why he took a boat; but I guess this would've all been negated once he turned human in the finale.