Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Kate's baby Aaron?

JennKnowles101

[1]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 11

In at the end of the flashforward of Eggtown, Kate comes home and goes upstairs to her kid. He says "Hi Mommy" and Kate says "Hello, Aaron."

I was so full of shock and the questions started coming into my head:

Did Kate adopt Aaron from Claire?

Did something happen to Claire and Kate had to take care of Aaron?

What did you guys think of this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ajporter12345

[2]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 25
    Although I hate to say this, I think Claire died because I think that Claire wouldn't give her baby to Kate so the only reason Kate would have Aaron is because someone needed to care for him!

JennKnowles101

[3]Feb 23, 2008
    Could be anything though. We'll just have to wait and see...

ocfan18

[4]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think Claire died and Kate decided to raise Aaron, but the only problem is doesn't she tell the courtroom about her pregnancy? Wouldn't they do a DNA testing?

direwolf1983

[5]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    ocfan18 wrote:
    I think Claire died and Kate decided to raise Aaron, but the only problem is doesn't she tell the courtroom about her pregnancy? Wouldn't they do a DNA testing?

I am guessing she didn't say anything in the courtroom about it, rather when rescued I am sure she had Aaron and said he was hers and everyone believed her and it was widely publicized, because why would she lie about having a baby? I highly doubt they would think enough of it to DNA test.

Forgotten890

[6]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    ajporter12345 wrote:
    Although I hate to say this, I think Claire died because I think that Claire wouldn't give her baby to Kate so the only reason Kate would have Aaron is because someone needed to care for him!

Yup i agree.

oneSWEETphool41

[7]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 12

Kate's probably keeping Aaron out of the "trial spotlight" specifically because of the possibility there would be a DNA test. after all, as we see in this episode, Jack commits perjury for Kate, and Aaron's DNA would contradict their whole "Kate saved us all" story. this is of course assuming that everyone thinks Kate is Aaron's biological mother; she could have admitted she isn't. she only says "my son," never "i gave birth to Aaron on the island,"(or something in that vein), so i think either people know that Kate isn't really Aaron's mother, or not a lot of people even know about Aaron.

off of that last line, does anyone think Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6? Jack, Sayid, Kate, Hurley, Ben, and Aaron i guess would be the "list" right now

direwolf1983

[8]Feb 23, 2008
    You know, I have been wondering if Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6, but it is hard to say. I say he is for now, but we shall see.

Kez1984

[9]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 10

It was good of you to take put "spoiler" in your title so you didn't ruin it for anyone.

ariyarasa01

[10]Feb 23, 2008
    Kez1984 wrote:

It was good of you to take put "spoiler" in your title so you didn't ruin it for anyone.

Why would they be browsing the forum in the first place if they haven't seen the episode?

Asindrew

[11]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    For starters, recent threads appear on the 'lost' main page. You dont need to be in the forum. The title is a spoiler. You may have just spoilt things for a great many people. Boo to you. Secondly Aaron can not be one of the Oceanic 6, he was not on the oceanic flight. I sometimes hear people talking about people like Ben, Desmond etc as a possible oceanic 6 -- that equals rediculous. Here are other questions to consider, Why wont Jack see the baby? Does he know that Aaron is his nephew? Does he somehow feel guilty over Claires Death perhaps?

direwolf1983

[12]Feb 23, 2008
    technically aaron was on the flight...of course taking this conversation any further gets into a touchy subject linked with abortions, so I'll stop there. He might not be on the manifest but he was on the flight in one way or another. Honestly we won't really know until we know more about what happened.

arnisturlu

[13]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think that Claire stays on the island, but wants Aaron to get a better life so she asks Kate to take care of her. That's why Kate is stating to be the mother of Aaron.

L0ST8O8

[14]Feb 23, 2008
    arnisturlu wrote:
    I think that Claire stays on the island, but wants Aaron to get a better life so she asks Kate to take care of her. That's why Kate is stating to be the mother of Aaron.

So why doesn't Claire want to leave the island WITH Aaron..? Something must've happened to her, right? I don't think she would say... "Here Kate, take Aaron & give him a better life while I stay here on the island."

But who knows.

futumtch1

[15]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    arnisturlu wrote:

If it's as simple as that, why is Jack so reluctant to see Aaron?

Nah, something bad must happen OR a very difficult decision needs to be made.

RTTV989

[17]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    direwolf1983 wrote:
    You know, I have been wondering if Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6, but it is hard to say. I say he is for now, but we shall see.
    I am almost positive that he is not, I actaully know he is not a part of the six, maybe next episode will reveal another member. Because technically Aaron was not on the plane because he was not on the manifest.

RTTV989

[18]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    futumtch1 wrote:
    arnisturlu wrote:

If it's as simple as that, why is Jack so reluctant to see Aaron?

Nah, something bad must happen OR a very difficult decision needs to be made.
    Maybe thats why Jack wants to go back, to get Claire, maybe, since the are siblings. IDK.

JennKnowles101

[19]Feb 23, 2008
    You all have such great ideas of how Kate has Aaron. Thank you all for posts.

Lets get some more discussion about this flash forward.

vanbrat

[20]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 9

I'm thinking Claire is killed by the "other" Others (the ones on the freighter), and Jack blames himself, which is why he can't bring himself to look at Aaron. It's his fault they came to the island, in spite of Locke and Ben's warnings. Claire is probably one of the casualties.

I actually wouldn't count Aaron as one of the Six, because he was an unborn child at the time of the plane crash and wasn't technically a passenger. Figuring out who makes up the "Oceanic 6" is a big part of this season's focus, and I can't see them giving up one of the slots to a baby. I still have my fingers crossed for Sun & Jin.....