Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Lets Answer the Questions!!!

Kevnay777

[1]May 27, 2010
    • level: 8

Hey guys I'm sort of new here and this is my very first topic.

So this is how its going to work.

One person can ask a question that they have in mind. It can be anything from

What is the island? to

Why did food drops continue?

and then some else can answer it with their own theory.

Its going to be fun

Let me start.....

Why did some people time travel and others did not in season 5?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JonnyK68

[2]May 27, 2010
    • level: 2

Cool idea. Well, Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sayid travelled back. I think this is because they were candidates, and the ones who crashed in the present weren't (so I'm sayin Kwon was Jin and not Sun). I think this was Jacob's doing . Whether his power spread to leading Faraday to tell Jack about the H-bomb idea and that that in turn would lead to them being catapulted into the present again, I don't know. But I suspect this grey narea can be summed up by saying 'it was Jacob's doing'. I know thats a cop out but we really could spend all year analyzing every last detail.

Kevnay777

[3]May 27, 2010

Alright cool now you ask one

JonnyK68

[4]May 27, 2010
    • level: 2

Only thing really bugging me is the issue of Walt, which has been discussed in numerous threads already. Was there ever gonna be more to his story than we saw? The whispers, dead people, everything that Walt is connectedto fits in with the story, except for Walt himself. I can accept that he was special coz he was a child. I can accept that he was used by the Others. But if that's true, the words of the woman in the tent, a soaked Walt appearing to Shannon, and Walt appearing to Locke from on top of the dead body pit- these things don't sit well with me.

Kevnay777

[5]May 27, 2010

JonnyK68 wrote:

Only thing really bugging me is the issue of Walt, which has been discussed in numerous threads already. Was there ever gonna be more to his story than we saw? The whispers, dead people, everything that Walt is connectedto fits in with the story, except for Walt himself. I can accept that he was special coz he was a child. I can accept that he was used by the Others. But if that's true, the words of the woman in the tent, a soaked Walt appearing to Shannon, and Walt appearing to Locke from on top of the dead body pit- these things don't sit well with me.

Alright I'm going to keep this topic alive. Someone I was talking had a theory that Walt might be a psychic. In one of his flashbacks Walt was reading a book about a bird, and then that same bird crashed in his window. Also on the island Walt mention something about polar bears, and then Sawyer and the others ran into one. I believe that Walt has the ability to learn things faster than other people. I mean he learned Locke's throwing knife technique in about 2 episodes and he wasn't even training for the whole episode, also he grasped the concept of the game with the black and white pieces pretty quickly. As for Walt appearing to Shannon I really think it was just Shannon hallucinating. Like in the end she was right about Walt being alive but I think that Walt wasn't there. First off the others wouldn't let Walt get that close to the Losties. Second he wasn't dead so smokey couldn't have token his form. Unless Walt really his psychic and transferred his thoughts to Shannon who interpreted it as Walt actually being there. Same thing might apply to Locke's situation.

ajokurvanyad

[6]May 28, 2010
    • level: 4

Kevnay777 wrote:
    Unless Walt really his psychic and transferred his thoughts to Shannon who interpreted it as Walt actually being there. Same thing might apply to Locke's situation.

he may have been psychic but he wasn't stupid.shannon?off all people why would he choose that dumb *cough*?her weak mind was more ceceptable?)) i think she was just halucinating

what i want to know is how many people were killed of (storywise) in the end of season 4?

steffi_totti

[7]May 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    JonnyK68 wrote:

Cool idea. Well, Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sayid travelled back. I think this is because they were candidates, and the ones who crashed in the present weren't (so I'm sayin Kwon was Jin and not Sun).

I agree that it was probably Jin; they were probably both candidates but when Sun became a mom, like Kate, she had much more important priority then.

Kevnay777

[8]May 28, 2010

ajokurvanyad wrote:

Kevnay777 wrote:
    Unless Walt really his psychic and transferred his thoughts to Shannon who interpreted it as Walt actually being there. Same thing might apply to Locke's situation.

he may have been psychic but he wasn't stupid.shannon?off all people why would he choose that dumb *cough*?her weak mind was more ceceptable?)) i think she was just halucinating

what i want to know is how many people were killed of (storywise) in the end of season 4?

Even though Shannon might be dumb, she and Walt connected pretty well. At "Exodus" when he was ready to leave he gave Vincent to Shannon out of all the people he could of chose. He trusts her and they had a pretty well bond. Anyways about your question I'm guessing you mean like all the deaths that had something to do with the storyline. Umm all the people in the ship died including Michael. Keamy who was the leader of the mercenary team was killed by Ben.

Edited on 05/28/2010 8:34am

ajokurvanyad

[9]May 28, 2010

i was qurious not because of the main characters but of all the survivors of 815 cuz i remember from the first 3seasons they had big group.they had their own army so to say but then season 4 came and the story just went all over the place and i can't remember the "survivor mob" just the main characters.so they were transported to fraiter and just blew up?like 30 or more people?

Kevnay777

[10]May 28, 2010

ajokurvanyad wrote:

i was qurious not because of the main characters but of all the survivors of 815 cuz i remember from the first 3seasons they had big group.they had their own army so to say but then season 4 came and the story just went all over the place and i can't remember the "survivor mob" just the main characters.so they were transported to fraiter and just blew up?like 30 or more people?

Yea now that I think about it your right. I remember Juliet taking groups of them on the zodiac to the freighter which blew up. The remaining few probably died during the attack with the flaming arrows.

Sugar2U

[11]May 28, 2010

MIB , Smoke Monster, UNlocke, KILLED everyone else alive on the island.. When he breached the temple.. I believe only the few were left but everyone else left from 'the others" and 815 survivors died when Smokey broke throw the temple...

I still want to know what happened with Hurley and Ben and who they got to take care of the island later. How did they get people to come to the island. How did Jacob build that mirror? Could Hurley go back and forth to the mainland. Could he visit Kate and James and Clair and Aaron? Did he finally get Walt to come back to the island and protect it ( that is my hope )...All in all I liked the ending of the show.

I still wonder if Jacob caused the purge ( see my topic )

ajokurvanyad

[12]May 28, 2010

Sugar2U wrote:

MIB , Smoke Monster, UNlocke, KILLED everyone else alive on the island.. When he breached the temple.. I believe only the few were left but everyone else left from 'the others" and 815 survivors died when Smokey broke throw the temple...

I still want to know what happened with Hurley and Ben and who they got to take care of the island later. How did they get people to come to the island. How did Jacob build that mirror? Could Hurley go back and forth to the mainland. Could he visit Kate and James and Clair and Aaron? Did he finally get Walt to come back to the island and protect it ( that is my hope )...All in all I liked the ending of the show.

all these questions and MORE,yes MORE,will be answered on the special box-set reliese of LOOOOST!!!coming august to a store near YOU

Kevnay777

[13]May 28, 2010

Sugar2U wrote:

The writers revealed that each protector can make up his/her own rules when Ben talked about Jacob's rule about leaving the island when Hurley wanted to return Desmond home. I think that the simply the rules are just rules nothing special about them. For example Mother said that Jacob and MIB can't hurt each other, those were her rules and she was protector so Jacob and MIB obeyed them. When Jacob became protector he probably continued that rule and made a new one that MIB can't leave the island as long as he is alive. To screw with MIB some more Jacob made it that MIB can't kill his candidates who were suppose to replace him. So with all that said, Hurley probably made it that everyone can leave the island even him and Ben. For all we know Hurley's role as protector might be completely different than Jacobs. He probably visited everyone. As for Walt I don't think Hurley will do that. Jacob didn't cause the purge it was Ben's idea to wipe out the Dharma so the Others can take over. Jacob actually had little influence although he probably did approve it but then again Ben has acted on his own without Jacob's approval. We know this because it was revealed that Ben never met Jacob.

Edited on 05/28/2010 5:14pm

anthem47

[14]May 28, 2010
    • level: 7

Kevnay777 wrote:

ajokurvanyad wrote:

Yea now that I think about it your right. I remember Juliet taking groups of them on the zodiac to the freighter which blew up. The remaining few probably died during the attack with the flaming arrows.

Yeah the remaining non-main character survivors all died during the flaming arrow attack. There's a definitive list here: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Survivorsthat includes recurring background extras.

Kevnay777

[15]May 28, 2010

Ok cool well actually not really since they all diedTongue out. Anyways who wants to ask next?

Sugar2U

[16]May 28, 2010

ajokurvanyad wrote:

Sugar2U wrote:

all these questions and MORE,yes MORE,will be answered on the special box-set reliese of LOOOOST!!!coming august to a store near YOU

WELL I HAVE NO JOB AND NO MONEY SO PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT ... PLEASE.. NO WAY DO I WANT THE BOX SET.

curtislost23

[17]May 28, 2010
    • level: 18

Why'd Desmond tell Charlie that he saw a flash of Claire getting onto a helicopter with Aaron?

anthem47

[18]May 28, 2010
    • level: 7

Sugar2U wrote:

ajokurvanyad wrote:

Sugar2U wrote:

WELL I HAVE NO JOB AND NO MONEY SO PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT ... PLEASE.. NO WAY DO I WANT THE BOX SET.

I'm sure the DVD extras will be on YouTube within five seconds of the DVD release, hehe.

To answer the question above, I think Desmond was lying to Charlie, especially since all his other flashes seemed to be of specific events and events that involved Charlie, whereas the one he describes to Charlie, which we don't see, is a flash to the switch in the Looking Glass, which turned out to be true, and then what would have to be a second, seperate flash to further in the future of Claire getting on the helicopter. Hmm.

Why he was lying is tough. He seemed set on saving Charlie in Catch-22, maybe he realised he couldn't fight the future forever. Then the guilt makes him decide to take Charlie's place when they're in the outrigger above the station (until Charlie whacks him with a paddle anyway).

Okay, my question =D I love this game. In "Flashes Before Your Eyes", what was the nature of Desmond's flashes? Did Desmond flash into the same limbo from the finale? Eloise, like in the finale, seemed to have the same natural awareness, but he's with Penny in that version. Okay that's more than one question =P

Edited on 05/28/2010 8:51pm

Kevnay777

[19]May 28, 2010

@anthem47

I believe that Desmond was having a flashback however he was actually there. First off it was during season 3 that the episode premiered I believe. They were still doing the every character has a flashback routine in each episode so it wouldn't make sense if Desmond had a flashfoward or a flashsideways because they weren't introduced yet. What happened to Desmond was that he sort of mind traveled to his flashback. We know this because he first woke up in his apartment with Penny and he thought he finally got off the island.We also see that in "The Constant" except he kept jumping back and forth from past to present and in his mind he believed that it was the past. About Eloise, first she is a very smart woman she can take a look at people and figure things out. Plus remember in season 5 when she shot and killed her own son Daniel, it was revealed that Eloise had known all along. She planned out everything that was suppose to happen so clearly she knows a lot about time travel or some kind of nature like that. When she saw Desmond sort of like out of it she knew that their was something wrong with him. Now how she knew so much about Desmond beats me.

My question- What did Smokey want to gain from Eko? I mean he probably wanted something from him or else he wouldn't have turned into Yemi so often.

Edited on 05/28/2010 10:10pm

KingofIPirates

[20]May 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    Kevnay777 wrote:

My question- What did Smokey want to gain from Eko? I mean he probably wanted something from him or else he wouldn't have turned into Yemi so often.

He probably wanted to manipulate him in the same way he did Richard and after he realized he couldn't he decided he was now useless.