Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Lets Answer the Questions!!!

JohnnyDrama8

[21]May 29, 2010
    • level: 10

So if the H-Bomb went off and they all went to the alt. reality where they were in purgatory and all dead. Why were they still haveing their adventures and alive in season 6? Did the H-Bomb cause a parallel world of some sort?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ajokurvanyad

[22]May 29, 2010
    • level: 4

JohnnyDrama8 wrote:

So if the H-Bomb went off and they all went to the alt. reality where they were in purgatory and all dead. Why were they still haveing their adventures and alive in season 6? Did the H-Bomb cause a parallel world of some sort?

the bomb eighter didn't go off in time or there was absolutely no sign of it's effects.i mean the purgatory thing was more off than just a reality where the plane didn't crash.

i'm still puzzled with the rest of the survivors.i remember something bout the flaming arrow attack but i can't remember who attacked them or why(?)

Kevnay777

[23]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

@ajo

The writers never really explained who it was but it was probably the others. The rest of the minor survivers were assumed dead because they didn't jump in time like Sawyer,Juliet,Locke,Miles,Dan,and Charlotte.

@johnny

My theory is that the bomb did both, it worked but it also didn't. It worked because it created the purgatory. We know this because in the finale Christian said that this was a place that they created so they can find each other. It can also be assumed that it didn't work because like you said the Losites were still on the island.

My question- What was Widmore's role in the final season? He just brought back Desmond which lead to the almost destruction of the island. He was suppose to be using Desmond for good but what?

ajokurvanyad

[24]May 29, 2010

@kevnavy

desmond was supposed to opperate the corke....while jack and samuel were battling it out i guess.he was also the link between the after-real life...no clear porpose was given i guess cuz all of these could be done by tohers as well

i don't believe whidmore knew anything specific,i mean he was in the church of jacob, and he never could explain to anybody why he does anything except that it's important or it's what jacob wants.\

Kevnay777

[25]May 29, 2010

Man I hated how the writers made Widmore so mysterious even up to the end of the final season. I know why Desmond was so important I just don't get Widmore's purpose. Apparently Jacob wanted him back so that meant Widmore was suppose to do something to help Jacob. So he brought back Des to the island and told him he has to do something but that ends up almost destroying the island. Desmond's whole purpose was to unplug the cork but how is that helping the island or Jacob? It is clearly destroying it. So I don't know, if anything Widmore should have kept Desmond off the island so smokey couldn't have used him.

ajokurvanyad

[26]May 29, 2010

if des hadn't unplugged the cork then there would have been no way to kill samuel.he was the last resort,if all else failed big smoke had to die and he did.poor bastard.whidmore's porpose may have just been from his wealth,he had acces to a sub and a team so he could kidnap a desmond who swore never to go back to the island.he was the cab driver.the delivery man.

Kevnay777

[27]May 29, 2010

ajokurvanyad wrote:

if des hadn't unplugged the cork then there would have been no way to kill samuel.he was the last resort,if all else failed big smoke had to die and he did.poor bastard.whidmore's porpose may have just been from his wealth,he had acces to a sub and a team so he could kidnap a desmond who swore never to go back to the island.he was the cab driver.the delivery man.

Ahh maybe your right. Why are you calling MIB Samuel?

MrDouglas

[28]May 29, 2010
    • level: 5

I guess what I'm wondering most about is what would be the consequenes of MiB actually leaving the island, and why was it so important to keep him there?

Would it be so bad to just let him leave and live out a life in peace/seclucion wearing the face and body of John Locke, can't really see him turning into Smoke Monster and kill random people out there in the real world just "for fun". Or would it somehow mean the end of the world/reality etc as we know it should he manage to leave the island? Guess we'll never know

Kevnay777

[29]May 29, 2010

MrDouglas wrote:

I guess what I'm wondering most about is what would be the consequenes of MiB actually leaving the island, and why was it so important to keep him there?

Would it be so bad to just let him leave and live out a life in peace/seclucion wearing the face and body of John Locke, can't really see him turning into Smoke Monster and kill random people out there in the real world just "for fun". Or would it somehow mean the end of the world/reality etc as we know it should he manage to leave the island? Guess we'll never know

I think the smoke monster was just too corrupt and can spread that to other people which is why it needs to be contained. We saw that Sayid and Claire were influenced by smokey and they turned bad.

My question-Why did Sayid work with Ben outside of the island? I know they explained it but I forgot.

KingofIPirates

[30]May 29, 2010
    • level: 32
    Kevnay777 wrote:

My question-Why did Sayid work with Ben outside of the island? I know they explained it but I forgot.

Ben told Sayid that the men working for Widmore was responsible for Nadia's death.

ajokurvanyad

[31]May 30, 2010

@Kevnay777

didn't the writers call him samuel?just never made it into the show....or was it some other name?i know it starts with an S and i read it somewhere on this site

Kevnay777

[32]May 30, 2010

Hmm I don't know I don't remember the writers call MIB that.

ajokurvanyad

[33]May 30, 2010

Kevnay777 wrote:

Hmm I don't know I don't remember the writers call MIB that.

found it!http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/what-is-the-mibs-name/topic/11431-1955894/msgs.html?tag=content;main

i saw this on lostpedia as well

24treehills

[34]May 30, 2010
    • level: 17

I have a question , what is the lighthouse ? I mean Jack and Hugo went in episode 108 , and the clock contained the name of the Losties and many others (108 exactly). When Jack looks through the mirror he sees his home and then brakes it to pieces . At the time I thought it was a door to the flash sideaways world , but clearly that's not an option now , so what do you think ? Maybe it was Jacob's way to travel from the island to the world and meeting the candidates as it is shown in season 5 finaleif I remember correctly

Woongo

[35]May 30, 2010
    • level: 5
    24treehills wrote:

I have a question , what is the lighthouse ? I mean Jack and Hugo went in episode 108 , and the clock contained the name of the Losties and many others (108 exactly). When Jack looks through the mirror he sees his home and then brakes it to pieces . At the time I thought it was a door to the flash sideaways world , but clearly that's not an option now , so what do you think ? Maybe it was Jacob's way to travel from the island to the world and meeting the candidates as it is shown in season 5 finaleif I remember correctly

It was Jacob's *magical* way of watching Losties and their life. A way of choosing the candidates.

Kevnay777

[36]May 30, 2010

And apparently it can reflect images from anywhere in the world.

avidlexi

[37]May 31, 2010
    • level: 1

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Kevnay777 wrote:

Ben told Sayid that the men working for Widmore was responsible for Nadia's death.

That explains Sayid, but why had Ben Sayid kill these people? What was in it for him?

Sorry, that's not my main question though.

Why did Christian "shepherd" all the losties into the purgatory? He'd never been to the island before as far as I know, so then why did he end up as a ghost on the island?

KingofIPirates

[38]May 31, 2010
    • level: 32
    avidlexi wrote:

That explains Sayid, but why had Ben Sayid kill these people? What was in it for him?

Ben has a blood feud with Widmore especially after sending men who killed his daughter Alex.

ajokurvanyad

[39]May 31, 2010

avidlexi wrote:

Sorry, that's not my main question though.

Why did Christian "shepherd" all the losties into the purgatory? He'd never been to the island before as far as I know, so then why did he end up as a ghost on the island?

why was jack in australia before the plane crash?

avidlexi

[40]May 31, 2010
    • level: 1

KingofIPirates wrote:
    avidlexi wrote:

Ben has a blood feud with Widmore especially after sending men who killed his daughter Alex.

Oh, I forgot that...thanks!