Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Lost fans should take a look at Fringe now

Teddy900

[1]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 2

Lost was a great series. With a lot of mysteries, sci-fi, plot twists and character dialogues. When Fringe came out many Lost fans took a look at it since it was an JJ Abrams show. Some loved it, others didn't. Personally, I thought it was good but nowhere near as good as Lost (especially the first 2 seasons of Lost) but more importantly it was completely different from Lost.

But, but now in, it's third season Fox is allowing the producers of Fringe to do the show they always wanted to do (they said so in interviews). Fringe is now much more serialized than before with continuous plots and character arcs. Those writers (from Lost) have a gift for great dialogues and plot twists which is, I think, what made Lost so good and it's now part of Fringe.

The scores is also very similar to Lost for those who are interested.

I've truly became a Fringe fans in it's third season, and I think many Lost fans will love it now and watching it may help you with your Lost withdrawal.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drlowdon

[2]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 8

Saw the first two or three eps of Fringe years ago and wasn't to keen on it but seeing the adverts for it now it certainly looks interesting. Will pick up on DVD when it is finished and watch all the way through.

AndresFelix

[3]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 2
    Fringe is a sci-fi show, so, it is not like Lost at all, notice how all the Lost finale lovers keep saying the show was NEVER about the mysteries or the supernatural aspect of the show, but ONLY about who ends up with who.

hell693

[4]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11
    I like Fringe don't get me wrong but if you compare Fringe with Lost Fringe can never be good against lost I don't think that all Lost fans would like Fringe because well the two shows are different to me that is my opinion I don't know if you guys agree or not.

anthem47

[5]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 7

AndresFelix wrote:
    Fringe is a sci-fi show, so, it is not like Lost at all.

I'm not sure I follow that, Lost was fairly firmly in fantasy territory which isn't that far removed from sci-fi. Or to put it another way, if a man's essence was extracted from his body by a font of light and it became a sentient column of smoke on Fringe, I would not be surprised.