Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Lost spinoff?

Would you like to see a Lost spinoff?

jimboyo

[1]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 1

I have been hearing and reading about that there might being a chance for a spin off of lost, and I can see that it has potential, there is much more they could show us.

For an example, here is an OLD article (31 mars 2010) that indicates a lost spin off is set to be made in 2012.

http://firefox.org/news/articles/3200/1/LOST-Spin-off-confirmed-for-2012/Page1.html

Personally I would love to see a spin off because since there are only about 3 shows i watch : Lost, Dexter, The Walking Dead. I watch more shows of course but I don't follow them (family guy, south park, simpsons etc.)

So, what do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bowling255

[2]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 66

That article that you linked to is a April fools joke.

CourtenayBush

[3]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 1
    I'd love to see a Lost spinoff. It would be so cool. Only if they can make it work though. I think it's a matter of getting new ideas, and new characters of course. Maybe a new situation aside from the island???

marknmo

[4]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 12
    I think a new Lost series would be a great idea ten or so years down the road. It could start with a new group of Losties finding themselves on the island somehow. They'll come across Hugo, Ben, and Walt, who'll either stay on as cast members, appear now and then, or only be in the first few episodes to sort of bridge the gap between the two series. It would be a great way answer a few of our nagging questions and to also expand upon the Lost mythology.

As someone said above, I like the idea of taking the show beyond the island. Maybe the new group would leave the island in the first season, but something would happen as they're leaving (Hugo being killed by an untrustworthy Lostie or something) that causes the island's presense to follow them to the other parts of the globe. It would be interesting to see characters experiencing the Lost phenomenons separately in their own homes and then slowly reconnect throughout the series in order to uncover the mystery of what's actually happening.

Leaving the island would also pave the way for past Lost stars to return. We could see Kate and Sawyer again. We could also see Ms. Hawking and even Penny. Miles could finally put his power to some good use to talk with dead Losties, like Jack and Locke during sweeps episodes! :-p