Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official SERIES FINALE Discussion: ''The End''

encmetalhead

[81]May 23, 2010
    • level: 6

TigerLord wrote:
    I suppose the reunion was all in the afterlife, when everyone had finally all died over the years. Cheap ending for sure!

Not cheap at all, we had a cast reunion of all the main characters that stayed for more than a year except for walt (age/looks) and Micheal

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

terrabreak13

[82]May 23, 2010
    • level: 11
    At what point did they die? The sideways reality started after the atomic bomb blew up. Was that when they died?

Generallee02

[83]May 23, 2010
    • level: 1

well remember 25 mins we get the jimmy kimbel special with cast of lost, other endings, and i'm sure some questions we have will be asked/answered maybe

encmetalhead

[84]May 23, 2010
    terrabreak13 wrote:
    At what point did they die? The sideways reality started after the atomic bomb blew up. Was that when they died?

no "some died earlier and some died late"

Revolant

[85]May 23, 2010
    • level: 7

The way I see it, the alternate reality was their perception of the world between worlds, like a limbo. They weren't in heaven, they weren't in hell. So everything was basically"created" by them in their minds, then once they began to cross paths they remembered and met together and ascended to heaven.

cowboy2831

[86]May 23, 2010
    • level: 16

Generallee02 wrote:

jacks dad said some died earlier and some later and there was no 'now' time frame of sorts. So the people on the plane must have made it off and lived their lives till they died. When the last was dead they were able to meet in their 'heaven' or whatever and move on

I think that's a pretty good explanation. I know there are going to be many haters. I'm going to need to absorb this all. That being said, the first 2:15 was great.

buildam2005

[87]May 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    Generallee02 wrote:

jacks dad said some died earlier and some later and there was no 'now' time frame of sorts. So the people on the plane must have made it off and lived their lives till they died. When the last was dead they were able to meet in their 'heaven' or whatever and move on

This would make the most sense. Though did anyone see the shots after the "LOST" blackout? It showed the plane wreckage from the original crash, but with no one walking around or anything, indicating that perhaps no one survived the initial crash.

Or was that just for sentiment's sake and I'm just reading too much into things?

Megaman200798

[88]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13
    Can anyone explain what the hell that was? I'm still Lost. So it was all a dream? Them getting off on the island?

Brodoin15

[89]May 23, 2010
    • level: 20

It was good, and I was happy to see all the couples reunite. But I don't really understand the whole "heaven" thing.

Would anyone care to explain it in detail?

fladimir7

[90]May 23, 2010
    wow that's supposed to be an ending?!! Wow, just wow and that's all i have to say.

AnilThornberry

[91]May 23, 2010
    • level: 19
    Ok Jimmy Kimmel's lost special is about to start. They BETTER explain it clearly. Definitely tuning in for it.

tvaddict_10

[92]May 23, 2010
    • level: 59
    This was an amazing finale IMO and a great way to send off the show. I'm a little confused but this is my impression. Everything that happened on the island was indeed real. It seems like Jack and Smokey were the only ones to actually die tonight on the island, unless i forgot someone. The others died sometime after, I guess. And OMG seeing them all reunited was just awesome!!

CrypticThief

[93]May 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    cowboy2831 wrote:

Generallee02 wrote:

I think that's a pretty good explanation. I know there are going to be many haters. I'm going to need to absorb this all. That being said, the first 2:15 was great.

lol I agree, the first 2:15 was great.

And from what I understood (like some people here), the flash sideways was the time after death, where they all eventually meet up. This doesn't mean that they're all dead now, it's just this is what eventually happens... think of it as... a flash forward forward Like waaaaay into the future, in the afterlife. Where they all eventually meet up again.

Now, I guess some questions will never be answered, which is fair...

TigerLord

[94]May 23, 2010
    By cheap I mean "easy" to do... it was BEAUTIFUL for sure, but if the sideways was the afterlife/heaven, where are they suppose to go now? Jack's father opened the big doors, and it was all white.

They're "moving" on to where, the after-after life? I like the idea that they all waited until EVERYONE had eventually died before being reunited, but leaving out Walt and Michael was just weird.

Like someone said, who gets shot and ran over in heaven?

What about the statue, the glyphs in the hatch, the glyphs on the stone thingy that was used like a cork? They made such a big deal out of Man in Black leaving, and they killed him so easily, it was almost stupid.

My point is they went for the cutesy ending they knew would warm people up, without delivering ONE single explanation about the light, energy, Egyptian glyphs and statue.

They provided a cryptic ending on the premise that "they didn't want to dumb down the show" like writers usually do (their words from the special), but it looks to me like they did it because they themselves had no fooking idea what the he11 they had created and didn't know how to get out of it.

It was a NICE ending, but neither good or fulfilling.

Megaman200798

[95]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

How did it all actually happen? The last scene showed the empty beach after the crash. There were no survivors and no camp.

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:44pm

TheGreatRingsby

[96]May 23, 2010

Wait... something doesn't make sense (well most things don't make sense)

If the Sideways timeline was the afterlife... how is it that Jack and Juliette have a son?

rockbard

[97]May 23, 2010
    • level: 10
    I think, as said above, the sideways was a purgatory where everybody let their issues go, so they could move on and rest their soul. The plane left the island, and everybody got to live a happy life.

Fishbulb13

[98]May 23, 2010
    • level: 16
    cowboy2831 wrote:

miss_wierd wrote:

shwaguy wrote:
    pulse23 wrote:

Is there any specials b4 or after the final two episodes?

OMG Hurley the man even with the fake jacob transfer..lol.....

Huh?! That was fake? How do you know?

Jack didn't recite the incantation.

It's not the incantation that does it, it's saying "Now you're like me."

D-DawgMan1

[99]May 23, 2010
    • level: 48
    I absolutely enjoyed this ending. I always wanted everyone to be reunited and it happened.

Basically to sum it up, I believe that everything that happened on the island happened for real. My guess is that the ones that died before the last scenes were in a sort of purgatory, or something along those lines. When the rest of them finally died, they got together so that they could cross over into heaven together.

That's what I got out of it. I think maybe the explanation for why Walt and Michael weren't there are simple.

Remember when Michael told Hurley he couldn't pass on. That was because he really couldn't because of what he did to Ana-Lucia and Libby. So to sum it up, I think that that's where he's going to spend eternity.

Walt isn't dead yet. Simple enough, he's younger than the rest of them so I think that he's still alive. He's probably an old man, but he is alive.

Then of course, Eko didn't want to come back. Etc., etc. And that's how you have this finale.

But I feel that everything happened perfectly. There was nothing bad about it. I am completely satisfied with the answers that I received and I will miss this show.

ImNotDarioUAre

[100]May 23, 2010

So... ummmm ... They were in heaven... yet that can get the crap beaten out of them, ran over, shot, Have FUKINGbaby...WTF

SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUK IS AARON A BABY AND GOING TO HEAVEN!!!!!!

On a side note the REAL lost reality ended well. We never learned about Eloise, The Others or the numbers but other than those things meh it was fine. I just kinda wanted Jack to live on as like a benevolent smoke monster.