Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official SERIES FINALE Discussion: ''The End''

wayne827

[101]May 23, 2010
    • level: 12
    My first impression was that I loved it, though I feel like the more I think about it the more I'll become iffy of it. Like...why did Claire give birth to Aaron? If that was heaven, shouldn't Aaron be his full grown adult self? Or did they just pause on September 2004?

I want a spin-off with Hurley and Ben.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kyubi256

[102]May 23, 2010
    • level: 9
    it was a nice finale but definitely left a lot of questions

KamakaLo

[103]May 23, 2010
    • level: 22
    if it was such a happy life why would bad things happen? lol I liked the reunions but I didn't like the ending. it just doesn't make sense to me for lost to end this way .....lame

miss_wierd

[104]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

CrypticThief wrote:

Now, I guess some questions will never be answered, which is fair...

Why is that fair?

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:54pm

QckslvrGrl

[105]May 23, 2010
    • level: 1

Loved It!!! Very emotional and fulfilling I think. It's great how "LOST" relates to both being lost on an island, and lost in the afterlife. Then their memories of this huge important event in all their lives bring them together even in death. Very poetic.

Though there are still some things that are left to the imagination: how long did Hurley protect the island, how did he get Desmond back to his family, so on. But that's okay. Most answers just lead to more questions. Poor Ben though, not feeling worthy of moving on with the rest of them. Man I'll miss this show!

TigerLord

[106]May 23, 2010
    • level: 6
    I think the scenes at the end where they show the empty beaches with the crash was just meant to be an homage to say bye... not to imply everyone died in the original crash and the whole 6 seasons wasn't "real", a "dream", or happened in the after life.

Because this really sucks!

Njasa10

[107]May 23, 2010
    • level: 4

My theory is that they all died in the crash. The things that happened on the island were like purgatory or an "in between". These people died together and spent time in the "in between" together. Once they were "ready" they died in the "in between" life and moved on to Heaven. Flash Sideways was the Heaven and they spent so much time together in the "in between" so they became important to each other and they were in eachother's Heaven. Once someone is "ready" to move from the "in between" to Heaven they will go there. Ana Lucia is still in the "in between" but she is dead from the crash. Ben Linus is also not "ready" for Heaven and is still in the "in between".

Just a theory but I like it.

ghaldos

[108]May 23, 2010
    • level: 3

I am sorely sorely dissapointed about this ending. If they wanted to blatently rip off jacob's ladder (thinking of which chances are this is where they got the name jacob) they could've done abetter job at it. theres hundreds of ways this could've ended which would've been better. they all died at the same timelike jacob's ladder except died at different times in their deathlike jacob's ladder.

speaking of which, this is the true meaning behind lost,like jacob's ladder god was preparing jack for his own death/crossing into the afterlife.

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

OceanicAckbar

[109]May 23, 2010
    • level: 2

Wow. That was an amazing, emotional piece of television.

After six years, I feel satisfied. I know they didn't answer everything, but when it comes down to it, it's all about the characters. Now I'm NOT religious, but I still enjoyed the ending. I don't think it was "heaven" but it was more of a temporary afterlife so the cast members could reunite, discover their connections and essentially "move on".

The cast remembering what happened to them was a beautiful part of this finale.

The last few seconds were AMAZING. Jack dying where he first awoke on the island back in season 1 with Vincent being there too as he died. I just freaking loved how it ended with him closing his eye.

It begins with an eye opening, it ends with an eye closing.

encmetalhead

[110]May 23, 2010

ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

So... ummmm ... They were in heaven... yet that can get the crap beaten out of them, ran over, shot, Have FUKINGbaby...WTF

SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUK IS AARON A BABY AND GOING TO HEAVEN!!!!!!

On a side note the REAL lost reality ended well. We never learned about Eloise, The Others or the numbers but other than those things meh it was fine. I just kinda wanted Jack to live on as like a benevolent smoke monster.

we DID learn about the numbers...

tvaddict_10

[111]May 23, 2010
    • level: 59
    I don't think they were actually in heaven. They were in limbo, they coudln't move on to heaven or hell. I'm guessing when Christian opened the doors, they were the doors to heaven.

Jrr6415sun

[112]May 23, 2010

Generallee02 wrote:

well remember 25 mins we get the jimmy kimbel special with cast of lost, other endings, and i'm sure some questions we have will be asked/answered maybe

AnilThornberry wrote:
    Ok Jimmy Kimmel's lost special is about to start. They BETTER explain it clearly. Definitely tuning in for it.

don't get your hopes up man, nothing will be answered on jimmy kimmel

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:56pm

QckslvrGrl

[113]May 23, 2010
    • level: 1

Yeah the way it ended like it began was beautiful. And something about a Dog or any loving animal lie next to someone when they're dying or in a moment of pain just makes me cry my eyes out.

Edited on 05/23/2010 8:56pm

AnilThornberry

[114]May 23, 2010
    • level: 19
    I love the fact that they reunite in the afterlife and its happily ever after but felt like the whole show just went from sci-fi to kinda religious in under 5 minutes. This show is crazy. No other way to explain it.

ImNotDarioUAre

[115]May 23, 2010
    • level: 11

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Uhhh..... What???????

Sums up the finale completely.

I might be just me but I stillcannot accept people getting shot and ran over limbo and Aaron going to heaven as a baby.... I mean wtf.

Ben condemned himselfto staying in limbo I guess the creators didnt like the thought of his character getting to do that but I dont like it.

TigerLord

[116]May 23, 2010
    I'm actively writing in other threads on other forums, the consensus right now is this:

-Everything that happened was real
    -Those who died during the shows were sent to some sort of purgatory
    -Eventually when all (or most) of them all died, they were reunited so they could cross over to heaven together
    -Jack's Father was "Christian Shepard"... he rallied the sheep at the end.
    -The flashsideways all happened in an intermittent plane between life and the afterlife (aforementioned purgatory).
    -Jack died on the island at the end
    -Those who took off in the plane survived too, and eventually died of natural cause, then met in the purgatory
    -Michael can't cross over because of what he's done to Ana Lucia, which is why he wasn't there
    -Walt was the youngest, so he wasn't there because he's probably alive still (but old)

But it's true they didn't cover or answer anything
    -Polar Bears: brought on the island by the Dharma Initiative
    -Egyptian statue: unanswered
    -Egyptian glyphs in hatch: unanswered
    -Nature of the island's energy: partly answered (exotic particles?)
    -The light source: unanswered
    -Where was Ana Lucia, Lipidis, Richard Alpert, and all the others at the reunion at the end?
    ...and the list goes on and on.

There's a Jimmy Kimmel Live special on ABC at 12:05AM (10 minutes from now), where they'll show 3 alternate endings and hopefully will answer more questions.

tvaddict_10

[117]May 23, 2010
    • level: 59
    I'm so completely satisfied. I'm so glad it ended this way. Man I'm gonna miss this show so much! I love LOST!!!! Forever! lol

Njasa10

[118]May 23, 2010
    • level: 4

Just to point out....did anyone notice that within the church were homages to all major faiths? There were Hindu Gods (the blue one), Buddhist Gods, Christian Symbols (crosses), Jewish symbols ( a menorah) all in the room where the coffin was.

CrypticThief

[119]May 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    miss_wierd wrote:

CrypticThief wrote:

Now, I guess some questions will never be answered, which is fair...

Why is that fair?

I personally feel all great stories have some things left unanswered for you to just imagine or think about. Basically, a lot of them that try to answer everything ends up being kinda cheesy... plus no answers could ever satisfy everyone, so it's best to leave some up to your imagination Keeps you talking about the series even after it ends...

Jrr6415sun

[120]May 23, 2010
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

I just kinda wanted Jack to live on as like a benevolent smoke monster.

yea I was sorta hoping he would turn into a white smoke monster and live on protecting the island with hurley and ben.