Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official SERIES FINALE Discussion: ''The End''

jrosace92

[141]May 23, 2010
    • level: 7
    Voo_Bopo wrote:
    I personally don't think everything has to be answered. We don't need everything fed to us. There's interpretation involved. That leaves people talking about it for a long time.

Fantastic finale. Fantastic ending.

I agree with everything here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MightyMad

[142]May 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    Chudnofsky wrote:

One of the biggest Lost fans here, but come on this was just a bad cop out. I have just one question if this is purgatory WHO THE **** HELL IS DAVID SHEPARD?

David Shepard is the kid that Jack and Juliet would have had if they've hooked up and weren't dead... duh.

ImNotDarioUAre

[143]May 23, 2010
    • level: 11

miss_wierd wrote:

ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

I STILL don't like the whole being shot

Who got shot?

Sun.

And wtf was with Keamy, can anyone explain that?

fladimir7

[144]May 23, 2010
    For all the people saying Micheal not being able to cross over because of killing Ana Lucia and the other woman on the island, but what about Ben? He's done worst atrocity and he has the choice to cross over. All of this simply doesn't make any sense at all. At the end lost has let us Lost.

shwaguy

[145]May 23, 2010
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

I think Jack pretty much summed it up on Jimmy Kimmel

I STILL don't like the whole being shot and ran over in heaven thing and the whole Aaron going to heaven as a baby thing but maybe I'll get over it.

that wasnt heaven. That was the in between.

amyboils

[146]May 23, 2010
    • level: 1

That was so disappointing. Not only was it extraodinarily cliche at the very end, it was also very badly written in many ways. Everything was well done in the episode, don't get me wrong, the flashes between the characters were very powerful. However, the last part where there is a "twist" is what, to me, destroyed the entire essence of the show.

The fact that penny was at the end really made no sense, she was not even on the plane, so the theroy that someone provided about them actually dying in the plane crash is impossible since she wasn't even on it in the first place. So many things were added in to try to answer the questions that there were large plot holes such as the issue with penny.

The reason for it being so cliche is this kind of twist is quite common and erases the entire point of the show in the first place. I was expecting something epic and different because lost was the type of show that had some originalilty to it somewhat, and we got was something that happens in a lot of shows nowadays; Twists that are way overused in general.

I would have been quite pleasedwith it just showing jack's death and it not being in vain in the end. Even if they had to make it so becausejack always helped everyone and finally found his confidence to be someone important, the split reality counter parts, even jack himself, were going to save him for his self sacrifice in the alternate reality. This would have at least lived up to the theme throughout the show.

Very sad indeed to see such an interesting show go up in flames like many of the really good shows are doing now. I honestly don't know if J.J Abram had anything to do with the end, but I can't see it. He is a much better writer than this. I think heprobably stopped doing much with it when they tried to keep dragging it on too far to keep a popular show alive, which btw, is another huge flaw of todays tv.

TigerLord

[147]May 23, 2010
    • level: 6
    Not everything has to be fed, but some has. Here we had done.

KingofIPirates

[148]May 23, 2010
    • level: 32
    First half was fairly well done, remained amusing and entertaining throughout. Second half was meh, as it was largely mundane throughout coupled with the confusing ending makes it almost seem the Flash Sideways was rather pointless.

BlackLabel677

[149]May 23, 2010
    • level: 3

i liked it

everything that was strange and unexplainable in the "between" doesn't matter because its just a world created by their combined minds

and they didnt ascend to heaven. im so glad this show didnt chalk everything up to god. the afterlife was just "moving on" it wasnt HEAVEN...that would be a cop-out...they clearly made a statement with the stained-glass windows that any religion was the same...christianity didnt win out like stupid battlestar ending

ImNotDarioUAre

[150]May 23, 2010

shwaguy wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

I think Jack pretty much summed it up on Jimmy Kimmel

I STILL don't like the whole being shot and ran over in heaven thing and the whole Aaron going to heaven as a baby thing but maybe I'll get over it.

that wasnt heaven. That was the in between.

Okay fine I can accept that

But dontstill get the whole Aaron thing.

miss_wierd

[151]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

Josh Holloway's new movie: Snakes on the plane! ROFL ROFL! And OH now I know who is taking care of Sun and Jin's baby! Angelina Jolie adopted her! ROFL! Well Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

ghaldos

[152]May 23, 2010
    • level: 3
    MightyMad wrote:
    Chudnofsky wrote:

One of the biggest Lost fans here, but come on this was just a bad cop out. I have just one question if this is purgatory WHO THE **** HELL IS DAVID SHEPARD?

David Shepard is the kid that Jack and Juliet would have had if they've hooked up and weren't dead... duh.

if touching someone in that reality made them remember the island why was it that he didn't remember when touching juliet.

ImNotDarioUAre

[153]May 23, 2010

Okay so who all was real and who was part of the place they all created? Cause I don't see how Keamy could possibly be real, unless you can die ...after you're dead.

Chudnofsky

[154]May 23, 2010
    • level: 2
    Im so sad, thats the ending? really? Most of the theories would make more sense.....

shwaguy

[155]May 23, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    First half was fairly well done, remained amusing and entertaining throughout. Second half was meh, as it was largely mundane throughout coupled with the confusing ending makes it almost seem the Flash Sideways was rather pointless.

Well the more and more I think about it I love it more and more. I'm with most of you where I was confused as hell at the end but I;m glad they did it this way. Honelstly how else can they explain ghosts, smoke mosters, alt realities, etc!

I love the idea where the end was jacks happy ending after he died. These were the people that were important in his life. On a sidenote I've been trying to figure out the purpose of jacob - other then being some kind of angel - and MIB. I guess if the MIB/Locke was not killed and Jack didnt succeed in bringing the life back, then they would still be stuck in their afterlife and nver be able to move on.

EJamison

[156]May 23, 2010
    • level: 17

Jrr6415sun wrote:
    ImNotDarioUAre wrote:

I just kinda wanted Jack to live on as like a benevolent smoke monster.

yea I was sorta hoping he would turn into a white smoke monster and live on protecting the island with hurley and ben.
    I was expecting a white smoke monster.

Although I loved the whole series,I am disappointed with the ending. I can't claim to really understandwhat was what.

I can accept that everything was real, meaning that it was all experienced by these people. But I don't know which if any parts were real real. Iguess we know the plane crash was real. But then there is no reason why these people who just happened to be in a fatal plane crash together would be important to each other. If they become important within a purgatory that seems very odd.

I don't know how to relate this to what, if anything they are claiming about *our* lives. Yes, we will all die, but are we supposed to assume we will enter some weird alternate reality that might be nothing like the island, but equally bizarre?

miss_wierd

[157]May 23, 2010
    • level: 13

TigerLord wrote:
    Sun got shot and ended in the hospital.

Ohhh that's right duh!

KamakaLo

[158]May 23, 2010
    • level: 22
    dang they got slapped, punched and knocked around a lot haha

AnilThornberry

[159]May 23, 2010
    • level: 19
    KamakaLo wrote:
    dang they got slapped, punched and knocked around a lot haha

haha I know and those were not even close to half of it.

Chudnofsky

[160]May 23, 2010
    • level: 2

shwaguy wrote:

KingofIPirates wrote:

Well the more and more I think about it I love it more and more. I'm with most of you where I was confused as hell at the end but I;m glad they did it this way. Honelstly how else can they explain ghosts, smoke mosters, alt realities, etc!

I love the idea where the end was jacks happy ending after he died. These were the people that were important in his life. On a sidenote I've been trying to figure out the purpose of jacob - other then being some kind of angel - and MIB. I guess if the MIB/Locke was not killed and Jack didnt succeed in bringing the life back, then they would still be stuck in their afterlife and nver be able to move on.

But you know that the Island was real? The Sideways was the purgatory and only the sideways