Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

overrated and underrated episodes

fnlheroes

[1]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 6

So now that it's all said and done, what episodes have you felt were overrated and which ones were underrated. I for one thought the most underrated was 316. It seems to be not liked by many, but it was such a milestone episode, with an insane amount of suspense on the airplane. Plus it tied up wonderfully with Lafleur. I also thought Greatest Hits never gets gets talked about enough even though most people agree that it's a great episode, it's never discussed. As for the most overrated, I'm going to have to go with the Man Behind The Curtain. It was pretty good, but looking back at it left plenty of things that have me annoyed. Such as the fact that Ben was was just yanking Locke's chain was something I found really annoying.

PS Does anyone knowhow/if I can change my username. I made this account when Heroes, coul actually be compared to Lost. What a fool I was.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fnlheroes

[2]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 6

Oh yeah and Live Together, Die Alone is also overrated.

buildam2005

[3]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 14

One of the most overrated, and really, really bad, episodes of the entire series' run was "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham." The only part that was even close to okay was the final scene with Locke and Ben. The rest was a waste of time, boring, and entirely repetitive.

Kevnay777

[4]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 8

For me their weren't that many overrated episodes. The only two I can think of is probably walkabout and live together die alone. Walkabout was a great Locke episode but if I remember right all he did was hunt boar. Live together die alone I think was the season two finale and in my opinion it was the worst finale of the series, nothing really happened. The only two things I liked was the Desmond flashback and the cliffhanger at the end. Now on the other hand I can think of a lot of underrated episodes. First one is Greatest Hits like you said. Hands down Charlie's best episode and really built up for the best finale(in my opinion). Season 5 episode "The Lie" was also a good one, it was the episode after the "Because you Left" I believe. I forgot the name, but the episode when Desmond, Jin, Hurley, and Charlie went to find Naomi. "The Long Con" was probably Sawyer's best episode and the island storyline was also pretty good. "The Other Days" was a tailies episode was also pretty good. That episode when Hurley was talking to Miles about time travel in season 5 was pretty good. Finally I think "Dr. Linus" was also underrated. It was my favorite flashsideways episodes. One of Ben's best episodes because I just love how Michael Emerson can go from a cruel, ruthless, manipulative villain to a sweet, innocent, caring teacher.