Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Poll - Station 6: The Orchid

What do you think is going on at The Orchid?

tripping82

[1]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 14

I just want to get a feel of what people think is going on at Station 6.

Let the Voting begin!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CxCRox_4_Eva

[2]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm not really sure what's going on there yet. It could be time travel, or it could be cloning, or it could be something completely differrent. Knowing LOST, it'll probably have a bit of all three, lol

militis

[3]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    I think itme travel...As i said in another post Dr.Many-nicknames sais "Don't let them near eachother" (why would he say this if they are just clones?) plus the Casimir effect,that is studied in the Orchid,is part of the theory of time travel!

Awesomeaj108

[4]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hmmm... time travel... possibly explains Richard's and Orin's immortaliity thing

rampantlion1234

[5]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes I have just read on Wiki that the dutch scientists to come up with the Casimer effect believed that the negative energy could stabilise a wormhole!!! I am not too sure about going down the time travel road because tptb said the show did not involve time travel, also I believe that they wanted this show to be original and time travel is sooooo not. I really hope there is another explanation for everything that goes on, on that island, that will blow our minds away.

waves2684

[6]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 2
    CxCRox_4_Eva wrote:
    I'm not really sure what's going on there yet. It could be time travel, or it could be cloning, or it could be something completely differrent. Knowing LOST, it'll probably have a bit of all three, lol

Very true! I think we've all learned from Lost that they will not do exactly the opposite of what you expect. They will do something else you NEVER would have thought of! The interesting part is sometime it's surprising how very ordinary something is and sometimes it's surprising how insanely odd it is. 

For more Lost online - links to complete episodes, trivia, theories, news, episode guides and details on the next season:

Check out sidereel com / Lost

petef20

[7]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 22
    Did he not mention something about the islands healing properties? That's what I thought the station was for, to study that.