We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Question about the end of The End

pratay1

[1]May 28, 2010
    • level: 8

Now the thing I dont get with the finale is, what was the deal with the church at the end? Christian said that they had created this place to meet up afterwards, but how? was that a result of the H-bomb or something? And also, how did everyone know where to go? Like Jin and Sun suddenly knew when they got their memories back where to go, cus they said "see you there" (or something to that effect) to Sawyer? Can anyone break it down for me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]May 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    pratay1 wrote:
    Christian said that they had created this place to meet up afterwards, but how?
    In Lost apparently when you die you get magic powers..
    pratay1 wrote:
    And also, how did everyone know where to go?

They programmed it so that they would eventually meet up with each other and remember their prior lives through contact of people they had strong connections with or near death experiences.
    pratay1 wrote:
    Like Jin and Sun suddenly knew when they got their memories back where to go, cus they said "see you there" (or something to that effect) to Sawyer? Can anyone break it down for me?
    Logically it doesn't make much sense, even ignoring the plotholes but that's how the writers decided to end it.

motleylil

[3]May 28, 2010
    • level: 19

From the looks of it, I'll be labeled stupid for saying so, but here's what I think. They never really sat down to say "OK, before we move on to the afterlife, let's create this world where we can be together again." The sideways were not meant to be taken so literally. The whole sideways world is sort of a waiting room between the real world and the afterlife. The "place" they made for themselves is the moment where they are all in the church, ready to move on with the people who really affected their life.