Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

reason why Jacob and MIB can't kill each other

icshows

[1]May 28, 2010
    • level: 3

This is something I was thinking of (in the back of my mind) since 'across the sea'. I think the reason they can't kill each other is because they are already dead! This is also why i don't think anyone else can kill them either. As for Ben killing Jacob, I don't think it really happened (I think Jacob faked it; i mean why else would he let Ben do it so easily....and no i don't buy the free will theory).

Any thoughts?

Edited on 05/28/2010 12:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

motleylil

[2]May 28, 2010
    • level: 19

Jacob said to Hurley he wasn't dead when he saw him in the taxi, and I believe him. I just assume that the protector of the Island has the power to impose rules on others, such as preventing two people from killing one another.

KingofIPirates

[3]May 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    icshows wrote:
    This is something I was thinking of (in the back of my mind) since 'across the sea'. I think the reason they can't kill each other is because they are already dead!
    Their crazy mother made it so that they couldn't kill each other and that was when they were still in their youth.

icshows wrote:
    This is also why i don't think anyone else can kill them either
    Then what did the Losties just do to MIB?
    Edited on 05/28/2010 1:58pm

ajokurvanyad

[4]May 28, 2010
    • level: 4

don't be rude,he has a name and it's sammy

SnarkBC

[5]May 28, 2010
    • level: 8

The answer to this "mystery" is literally "A wizard did it." The writers needed to set up that certain people couldn't hurt each other, so they decided to go the easy root and say "It just is that way, moving on."

There is no explanation to be had here. Either you accept it, or you do not.

DARKANGEL_42

[6]May 29, 2010
    • level: 2

As a previous poster said, their mother made it so "they couldn't hurt each other". Whoever is protector of the island seems to set the rules, Jacob made it so he couldn't age, and did the same for Richard. When Hurley says to Ben that people are not allowed to leave the island Ben says "that was the way Jacob ran things, maybe there's a better way" so Hurley could allow people to leave if he wanted. It also seems that smokey couldn't kill any of the candidates or Desmond either, I would guess that they had Jacobs protection, or because smokey was created form the light at the heart of the island and so could not break certain rules.