Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Richard, Locke and Ben

totallylost815

[1]May 5, 2007
    • level: 5

I think Locke and Richard may become good friends and richard may play a big part in the resolve of lost. He seemed liked he had enough of Bens idea in "the brig", fair enough he could be playing john, but what if he wasnt, and Ben didnt know richard gave Locke the sawyer file???

And it would be intersting for Jacob to be richard as it would with alot of characters, but i think Jacob will represent the "sci-fi" style of lost.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[2]May 5, 2007
    • level: 16
    Jacob will probably be to Lost as Linderman was to Heroes. I'm still holding out for Christopher Walken.

flowsta

[3]May 5, 2007
    • level: 6

well.. i assume ben didn't know about what richard was up to!

one indication is ben's reaction to locke when he says sth. like if you want to embarrass me..

ben replies very quick to that by asking him where he would get such a ridiculous idea from?!

ben didn't even hesitate to reply to that.. really suspicious..

edit: LOL now i replied twice to that..i forgot i have posted before

Edited on 09/06/2007 6:54am
    Edited 2 total times.

Kez1984

[4]May 5, 2007
    • level: 10

Fishbulb13 wrote:
    I'm still holding out for Christopher Walken.

lol, that would be so friggin awsome.

clivelover9

[5]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 18
    Since the actor got hired on a different show, and they are not letting him come back to Lost, will we even ever know? Before I get yelled at, I went to the duplicate thread post, and I read a few of the topics, and didn't find this to be brought up before. Anyone heard anything about this? I liked Richard's character, and I'm sad to see him go!

Fishbulb13

[6]Sep 6, 2007
    Kez1984 wrote:

Fishbulb13 wrote:

You know what the show needs.... more cowbell.

clivelover9 wrote:
    Since the actor got hired on a different show, and they are not letting him come back to Lost, will we even ever know? Before I get yelled at, I went to the duplicate thread post, and I read a few of the topics, and didn't find this to be brought up before. Anyone heard anything about this? I liked Richard's character, and I'm sad to see him go!

Actually, I find no problem with this thread.

Balloon-Head

[7]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 2

Richard looks like an interesting guy iMO. I liked his part in the brig. Hopefully his show, the cane or whatever it is. does crap! I didn't really like the scene in MBTC, the whole future aspect of LOST is some what irritating in my opinion.

Edited on 09/06/2007 5:50am
    Edited 2 total times.

rampantlion1234

[8]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    Kez1984 wrote:

Fishbulb13 wrote:

clivelover9 wrote:

WOW! Are you in mellow mode?

flowsta

[9]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    totallylost815 wrote:

I think Locke and Richard may become good friends and richard may play a big part in the resolve of lost. He seemed liked he had enough of Bens idea in "the brig", fair enough he could be playing john, but what if he wasnt, and Ben didnt know richard gave Locke the sawyer file???

And it would be intersting for Jacob to be richard as it would with alot of characters, but i think Jacob will represent the "sci-fi" style of lost.

i never assumed that john would be played..you could tell by the way richard looked at him when locke didn't manage to sacrifice his father..he felt sad for him..richard played ben!

ZsinDobre

[10]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 12

Fishbulb13 wrote:

That's hyterical!

Locke goes to Jacob's cabin again, see's the empty chair, suddenly he hears Blue Oyster Cult.

Edited on 09/06/2007 8:08am
    Edited 3 total times.

lostinsimpsons

[11]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    clivelover9 wrote:

I wouldn't be-because he's not going anywhere. Just because Nestor Carbonell is on another show doesn't mean he'll never be allowed to come back to Lost. He may be used less, but the remaining Others are headed to the Temple, whatever that may be, and so we probably wouldn't have seen them again anyway. I think he'll be around in Season 4, and he'll most likely appear in three or four episodes towards the end of the season, he just won't be a main character. Doesn't mean we'll never see or hear from him again. Besides, very few shows that premiere at the beginning of the season live to see a second season. Since most of the others shows in the lineup are crappy, Cane will probably do well, but you never know.

Fishbulb13

[12]Sep 6, 2007
    rampantlion1234 wrote:
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

WOW! Are you in mellow mode?

Nope. I only dislike threads that are identical, or almost identical to ones already in existence. While there are many threads about Richard, this is the only one that speculates on his relationships with Ben and Locke.

clivelover9

[13]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 18

lostinsimpsons wrote:
    clivelover9 wrote:
    I wouldn't be-because he's not going anywhere. Just because Nestor Carbonell is on another show doesn't mean he'll never be allowed to come back to Lost. He may be used less, but the remaining Others are headed to the Temple, whatever that may be, and so we probably wouldn't have seen them again anyway. I think he'll be around in Season 4, and he'll most likely appear in three or four episodes towards the end of the season, he just won't be a main character. Doesn't mean we'll never see or hear from him again. Besides, very few shows that premiere at the beginning of the season live to see a second season. Since most of the others shows in the lineup are crappy, Cane will probably do well, but you never know.

See that's just it, CBS said he could not retrun to Lost at all. The big wig over there, I think she's female, said this. So no more Richard unless his show fails. I don't want to say I hope it does, because that would be rude, but i don't want him to leave Lost, because I want to know his aging secrets.

Edited on 09/06/2007 3:56pm

lostinsimpsons

[14]Sep 6, 2007
    Well, tough for the CBS lady. The Lost producers will work something out, I guarantee. They wouldn't just leave this massive mystery laying open, especially since Richard is basically the only Other we know of now, aside from Ben and Isabel. He won't be a main character, but I still think we'll see him in Season 4. The producers wouldn't just drop him, and if this woman thinks that the only way her show will get ratings is to keep this guy off another show, it's destined to fail.

russ_who_ross

[15]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    Isabel is dead

rampantlion1234

[16]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    russ_who_ross wrote:
    Isabel is dead

Here's hoping the woman from CBS is next! Joke.

russ_who_ross

[17]Sep 7, 2007
    It's not a joke as far as I'm concerned

lostinsimpsons

[18]Sep 7, 2007
    russ_who_ross wrote:
    Isabel is dead

Is she really? I know Damon mentioned it while talking about the show on the podcast, but since we never saw anything, how do we know she died? Was she on the sub when Locke blew it up (highly unlikely)? Did she get killed in the raid on the beach? Even less likely, considering she certainly wasn't in any condition to be kidnapping pregnant women. Unless she tripped and fell off a cliff, there's just no place for her to have died. I'm not saying I want her back-I thought she was a useless character who wasn't even needed-Ben could have been the hand of justice, or Tom, or Richard. I'm just saying that since the only time there's ever been an attack on the Others by the Losties was in the season finale, and we know almost every person who was there-Tom, Pryce, Jason, two men that were shot by Jin, and Tom mentions Ivan and Diane. That leaves three people. I highly doubt that old lady Isabel was strong enough to steal a pregnant woman, and she certainly wasn't overseeing the operation. I happen to think this was a slip-up by Damon, or that there's some event that happened that we don't know about yet. This is the only possibility, because there's no way the survivors did anything to her.

russ_who_ross

[19]Sep 8, 2007
    lostinsimpsons wrote:
    russ_who_ross wrote:
    Isabel is dead

Is she really? I know Damon mentioned it while talking about the show on the podcast, but since we never saw anything, how do we know she died? Was she on the sub when Locke blew it up (highly unlikely)? Did she get killed in the raid on the beach? Even less likely, considering she certainly wasn't in any condition to be kidnapping pregnant women. Unless she tripped and fell off a cliff, there's just no place for her to have died. I'm not saying I want her back-I thought she was a useless character who wasn't even needed-Ben could have been the hand of justice, or Tom, or Richard. I'm just saying that since the only time there's ever been an attack on the Others by the Losties was in the season finale, and we know almost every person who was there-Tom, Pryce, Jason, two men that were shot by Jin, and Tom mentions Ivan and Diane. That leaves three people. I highly doubt that old lady Isabel was strong enough to steal a pregnant woman, and she certainly wasn't overseeing the operation. I happen to think this was a slip-up by Damon, or that there's some event that happened that we don't know about yet. This is the only possibility, because there's no way the survivors did anything to her.

I entirely agree with everything you said

But TPTB have claimed she is dead, so ridiculous as it is, apparently she is

I'd rather it be a slip-up as you say, than, we get a retcon "oh btw Isabel got killed on the beach raid lol."

CRTMN0463

[20]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well, they do like to drink before they do the podcasts so maybe they slipped up and revealed something that is going to happen or a flashback of her death. I'm glad she is dead so a lame excuse wouldn't bother me too much.