Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

saddest character death on lost :(

Michellexx

[1]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

ok i don't know if this has been done before but i seached for it and it didn't come up which i thought was weird but anyway what character do you think had the most saddest death.

personally i think boone not so much as when he died but the after math of it mainly the look on jacks face when he dies and tells shannon plus he was in so much pain

what about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LOCKE_RULES

[2]May 29, 2010
    • level: 2
    Charlie's death - end of

anthem47

[3]May 29, 2010
    • level: 6

Locke for me. Doubly so when MIB says that his last thoughts were a confused "I don't understand". He spends his whole life being repeatedly betrayed by his father. He comes to the island and believes he has found a purpose, the Others think he is special, he places his faith in the island. But his faith falters, the Others only think he is special because he visited them in the past, he is unable to reunite the Oceanic 6. He almost dies alone in a hotel room, changing his mind just long enough to give Ben information, and then he's strangled. ...Then his body is dumped out back on the island and MIB walks around as a perverted distortion of what John Locke was.

He may have set in motion the final stages of the show, turning Jack into a man of faith, convincing him he had a destiny, but he died believing he was a sad, manipulated, ineffectual man. He may have learned from limbo that there was a purpose, that he was worth it, but his legacy was empty.

That touched me because I think many people die alone in obscure apartment buildings feeling lame, feeling limp, feeling lost.

Edited on 05/29/2010 7:40am

ajokurvanyad

[4]May 29, 2010
    • level: 4

agreed.boone's death was just gore,he didn't suffer as much as locke's life long death scene.

curtislost23

[5]May 29, 2010
    • level: 18

Charlie's and Jacks were the saddest for me

FLASHASDF

[6]May 29, 2010
    • level: 3
    Definitely It's Jack's Death could not control my tears

KingofIPirates

[7]May 29, 2010
    • level: 32
    Probably Charlie, Locke's death was somewhat amusing giving that he was just stopped by Ben from taking his own life.

Kevnay777

[8]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

My votes on Charlie's death. I never really liked him but just before his death episode I kind of understood and connected with his character. Greatest hits was probably one of the best episodes of that season and it was so simple. Charlie was a real hero who died to try to save everyone else. What touched me was how he locked the door to save Desmond, even during his last breath he was saving somebody else.

Locke's death just surprised me and kind of scared me cause Ben just started strangling Locke out of nowhere. Locke's overall story is really sad but that death scene alone didn't really get me.

I kind of saw Jack's death coming so it didn't really get me that emotional either.