Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Season 4 premiere,...... centric (minor spoilers)

teroriztah

[1]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 8

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Season 4 Premiere Hurley Centric and info on Jeremy Davies

Just had confirmation from my source Rebeccah of the following information.

- Jeremy Davies to play character called Daniel Faraday
    - Season 4 Premiere is NOT Sawyers as has been mentioned but is in fact Hurley's unless they are shooting out of sequence.

Posted by DarkUFO at 9:35 AM 2 comments

Labels: Daniel, Episode Info, Hurley, Jeremy Davies

Jorge and Lance Reddick Filming

Thanks to Ryan, our man in Hawaii, for the following filming report. Does this mean we're getting an early Hurley flashback? Is Lance Riddick a doctor at the SRMHI? any Libby connections?

Report from a friend I sent over there (as I'm stuck at work - bother!). Jorge Garcia and (apparently) Lance Reddick at the Laniakea YWCA in downtown Honolulu, the mental institution location. Reddick had a doctor's briefcase. More details if and when available!

Source: Ryan in Hawaii

Posted by DarkUFO at 9:19 AM 13 comments

Labels: Hurley, Jorge Garcia, Lance Reddick

Edited on 09/19/2007 9:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kez1984

[2]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 10

cool.

I'm glad it's not jack, seems like an odd chioce though, even though he seems to have more light hearted flashbacks, I would like to see (and am guessing) this to be a little more serous than prev.

Fishbulb13

[3]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 16
    A season premiere that isn't a Jackback? Heresy!

CrazyLostFan

[4]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

I know I'm glad because he had the last episode so it would have been a bit stupid.

PabloExobar

[5]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    season 1 premiere wasn't jack centric.

Balloon-Head

[6]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    Maybe not, but the focus was mainly on Jack.

militis

[7]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    the question is...will it be a flashback or a flashforward?? the article mentions they are filming in the mental institution so it is probably a flashback (i hope we'll see Libby!) unless Hurley's future after "escaping" the island is as gloomy as Jacks and he is commited again...

Raisinthesun

[8]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 15
    well its about time they did a Hurley flashback again

lostcy

[9]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 20
    Maybe they will explain the numbers..!

CURLYHURLEY

[10]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 25
    Good Hurley deserves one. I don't see why people think there are going to be alot of flashforwards. I hope there are only 2 or 0. I don't like the idea of flashforwards because it destroys all hope of 2 characters you despise of dieing.

Kez1984

[11]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 10
    I hope they dont jump to flash forwards with locke, they stopped just as he was put in a wheel chair, almost all the the prev episode's were pre-wheelchair, there's still a fair bit to explore with the charecter.

Ghidorah06

[12]Sep 12, 2007
    I was thinking a bigger character would have the opener.... not Jack, certainly not Hurley.... I was thinking LOCKE would be a good character for this.

russ_who_ross

[13]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    Ghidorah06 wrote:
    I was thinking a bigger character would have the opener.... not Jack, certainly not Hurley.... I was thinking LOCKE would be a good character for this.

Yeah, though his flashbacks are basically over

A Locke-forward would be good though, to make sense of some of the Jack-forward

Ghidorah06

[14]Sep 12, 2007
    I don't think Locke has anything to do with Jacks-Forward.

avi01

[15]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 26
    good its not Jack again..........but Hurley??? Not the best of choice.

lostinsimpsons

[16]Sep 12, 2007
    Yeah, this sounds pretty weird. The season premier should be quite important to the overall arc of both the previous season and the new one (it needs to wrap things up and sort of start new storylines). Last year we saw how not to do a season premiere-make the flashbacks among the worst in show history, and have an island story that is semi-informative, but not really engrossing. Hurley's at the beach, so if the main focus is on him, what's going to be done with the people at the radio tower? A subplot, to wrap up the main plot of the previous season? Will they delay it to another episode? That would be ridiculous, for a simple reason: they don't have an excuse this time. In Season 2 and 3, they had distinct groups of people doing distinctly different things in distinctly different places. After Season 3, they have four groups, all doing basically the same thing. Desmond is in the Looking Glass, watching Charlie's corpse bob up and down, there are the six on the beach doing nothing but playing cards and drinking beer, the large group at the radio tower waiting for the boat, and Locke in the jungle. Aside from Locke, there's no reason to split the groups up for the season premier, there's nothing too new going on. Therefore, to have your main character not even be part of the main group from the previous season seems strange.

Also, Hurley doesn't need another flashback, at least in my opinion. We know why he was in the mental institution, we don't need to see it visually. We know his parent problems, we know of his fear of change, we know it all. Hurley could barely remember Libby when he crashed on the island, so it's extremely unlikely that she will play a large role in his flashback. As for the numbers, how many times does it have to be told that they were already completely explained in the Lost Experience Game, and are not a part of the show anymore?! Even if you didn't play the game, go to Lostpedia and the complete answer is there, including why they were beaming from the island. There's no more mystery left with those. Aside from the numbers popping up on the show now and again, they're not important! They were used to give Hurley a good back story in Season 1, and their reappearance was just to make the whole fate idea seem even more concrete. They haven't been mentioned on the show in ages, as a unit. When was the last time anybody mentioned "the numbers", aside from saying something like "I used to have four eggs in the morning back home". They won't be explained on the show, period.

I was hoping that the sixteen-episode format would eliminate the minor character filler flashbacks. As nice as Par Avion and Tricia Tanaka were, they were almost completely superfluous, and the only important thing that came from them was Hurley's van, which had a five second cameo in the finale and an unnecessary explanation. The fact that there are forty-eight episodes to go should mean that characters that are given flashbacks for the sake of having one (Claire, Hurley, Jin and Sun are getting close to that point) need to stop having them. If there's nothing more to add, don't waste what little time you have left. I'll look forward to the episode, but choosing Hurley as the starting point is not exactly a Napoleonic maneuver.
    Edited on 09/12/2007 1:50pm

drewshack

[17]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 47
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

If a Jack flashback is a Jackback, what's a Jack flashforward?

flowsta

[18]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    russ_who_ross wrote:
    Ghidorah06 wrote:

Yeah, though his flashbacks are basically over

A Locke-forward would be good though, to make sense of some of the Jack-forward
    #

yeah..i like that idea..

Jasmine_92

[19]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    Cool. I hope it's true.

flowsta

[20]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    Ghidorah06 wrote:
    I don't think Locke has anything to do with Jacks-Forward.

i guess LOCKE will be the one who "warns" jacob or whistles for smokey so they take on the bad guys. bad guys have to fall back and so only manage to get jack,kate,claire & aaron off the island!

jack is reminded by locke's words often. "stay away from the phone...you're not supposed to do this"