Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

since when do "good" shows/movies explain everything?

buildam2005

[21]May 29, 2010
    • level: 14

I don't know--I wouldn't necessarily call the finale faith-based. Couldn't someone non-religious or non-spiritual believe in some form of afterlife? While it was certainly a lovey-dovey ending, I don't think there was too much religiousness to it (aside from the fact that it occurred in a church). Christian didn't say something like "God is waiting!" or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I hated the finale, but I didn't hate it because of any religious overtone it may have had. Really, doesn't any story about good versus evil (something we sort of had here, I guess) bear some amount of spiritual/moral overtone?

But these issues are a bit out of my area of expertise (if I can even claim to have one), so if I sound like a bumbling oaf, feel free to ignore me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Pb_BigFan

[22]May 29, 2010
    • level: 4
    Just wait for the Season 6 Blu-ray release, heard that they might answer the questions you morons want..personally I think the ending was brilliant and beautiful and that twist at the end was the biggest for me. I alos cried rivers lol and I never cry

ajokurvanyad

[23]May 29, 2010
    • level: 4

buildam2005 wrote:

I don't know--I wouldn't necessarily call the finale faith-based. Couldn't someone non-religious or non-spiritual believe in some form of afterlife?

nop.might like the idea but actualy believing...

buildam2005 wrote:
    While it was certainly a lovey-dovey ending, I don't think there was too much religiousness to it (aside from the fact that it occurred in a church). Christian didn't say something like "God is waiting!" or anything.

the symbolism,the church,the light,c'mon.....i mean christian friggin sheppard.not enough for ya?

buildam2005 wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I hated the finale, but I didn't hate it because of any religious overtone it may have had. Really, doesn't any story about good versus evil (something we sort of had here, I guess) bear some amount of spiritual/moral overtone?

i think the good vs evil thing is more of a moral thing that the church used.in the first seasons of Lost i don't think it was about good vs evil,at least that wasn't what drove the characters.everybody had their own agenda based on their own needs not based on morality.non of them did anything without a motive just for the sake of being good.at least i don't remember...