Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

So Desmond was in a sideways world in "Flashes Before Your Eyes"...

Delameko

[1]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 8

At the end of season 2, Desmond turns the failsafe key. He goes into the "past" and buys a ring for Penny, something he didn't do in the original timeline. Eloise Hawking is there and she tells him he has to do what he always did.

It's my understanding that if she hadn't intervened, Desmond would have continued on a path that would have eventually enabled him to "let go" and move on to the next life. He would have died at that point.

Instead, he begins to remember and that he still has things to do in reality and the world collapses, he's returned to the real world, but now he's special because he came back from that place.

Remember that Desmond woke up naked in the jungle. Remember that when the smoke monster died it left a body - a second John Locke. It wouldn't surprise me if there is another Desmond, dead under the Swan.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ajokurvanyad

[2]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 4

yeah but big smoke never died.there was probably an original christian shepard body on the island or in the ocean as well.

nice theory though

KingofIPirates

[3]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Delameko wrote:
    Remember that when the smoke monster died it left a body - a second John Locke.
    That was really on account of the light going out and him being currently in that form.
    Delameko wrote:
    It wouldn't surprise me if there is another Desmond, dead under the Swan.
    Unlikely, Desmond has shown to be quite human.

ajokurvanyad

[4]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 4

KingofIPirates wrote:

say whaaaa'? ) survived hatch implosion,survived electromagnetism or whatever whidmore's box was(and we all saw what happened to a human in that),saw the future(hello?),saw the afterlife(raise any flags?)

KingofIPirates

[6]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    ajokurvanyad wrote:

KingofIPirates wrote:

say whaaaa'? ) survived hatch implosion,survived electromagnetism or whatever whidmore's box was(and we all saw what happened to a human in that),saw the future(hello?),saw the afterlife(raise any flags?)

What I mean is that he's been shown to bleed unlike Smokey and get injured unlike him after getting shot by Ben. Also used the word 'quite' to signify partial extent.

Delameko

[7]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 8

KingofIPirates wrote:
    ajokurvanyad wrote:

KingofIPirates wrote:

What I mean is that he's been shown to bleed unlike Smokey and get injured unlike him after getting shot by Ben. Also used the word 'quite' to signify partial extent.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that Desmond was a smoke monster. Just pointing out that MiB went into the light and left a body behind, and after dying left a body also. Just trying to explain Desmond's nakedness, which, to me at least, seems more likely than him getting his clothes blown off.