Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Someone give me a good summary!!!

silver_9898

[1]May 27, 2010
    • level: 3

I stopped watching somewhere in season 4 with all the time travel crap. However, I still want questions answered, like what is the lsland for, are they all dead, are they in heaven, does the island actually exist or is it a dream/illusion, what was the point of the whole thing? I've tried to google a good summary, but all I get is random stuff that doesn't make too much sense. I mean Im sure Ben killed Locke, but then he was there? And where did Claire, and all those old characters come from?????

Please, I need the closure! I will be forever grateful! I cant invest so much time in seasons 1,2,3, half of 4 without knowing what the **** happened!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Guildy

[2]May 27, 2010
    • level: 5

silver_9898 wrote:

I stopped watching somewhere in season 4 with all the time travel crap. However, I still want questions answered, like what is the lsland for, are they all dead, are they in heaven, does the island actually exist or is it a dream/illusion, what was the point of the whole thing? I've tried to google a good summary, but all I get is random stuff that doesn't make too much sense. I mean Im sure Ben killed Locke, but then he was there? And where did Claire, and all those old characters come from?????

Please, I need the closure! I will be forever grateful! I cant invest so much time in seasons 1,2,3, half of 4 without knowing what the **** happened!

Skip to season 6, and pretend your watching a brand new show. The first five seasons don't matter anymore. Or better yet, stop where you are, and continue to love Lost

akamidnight

[3]May 27, 2010
    • level: 13

Here you go: Kirstin's Idiot's Guide to Lost

Sums up everything nicely in less than 1000 words.

silver_9898

[4]May 27, 2010
    • level: 3

akamidnight wrote:

Thats brilliant right there, and perfect for me. After reading that, it does sound like a good conclusion that almost makes up for not answering any questions. Almost.

So all the characters went their separate way after the finale, and died their natural cause. When Jack died, which was in the finale, he meet up with all those who he cared about to resolve any regrets etc. But I dont understand this sideways thing. They didnt know each other, but then they did? Or something? So its like an afterlife thing, and the plane landing successfully didnt happen, and the plan crash did happen? Right?

If they were just going to do this, why did they feel the need to introduce all this time travel, phliosophy stuff when none of that was really relevant and didn't end up getting answered!

Lol, the lost finale ad just came on tv (show hasn't aired yet in New Zealand), and the tagline was "All your questions will be answered".

akamidnight

[5]May 27, 2010
    • level: 13
    They will not be answered. lol

Basically, in the alt timeline, they had to remember their lives and accept their deaths before they could move on. Or something like that. They remembered with the help of people important to them when they were alive - For Jack it was Kate, for Sawyer it was Juliet, for Charlie it was Claire and Aaron and so on...

Guildy

[6]May 27, 2010
    • level: 5

akamidnight wrote:

Ok, now why wasn't THAT story told? If that had been explained - The light being the place you meet your loved ones versus simply ceasing to exist, the Egyptians building the statue as a "Protector" of the Island - the finale would have been, imho, more well received. And I don't want to hear any crap about just not getting it. Unless someone wants to cite precisely when and where those two items were stated IN THE SHOW. If those two answers had been given in the show, then I think people would saying how cool it was instead of being sorely disappointed in it.

You know, the more I think of it, the more I really really REALLY wish that was there. I'm going to try to fix that storyline in my head, superimposed over the half-baked crap(imho) they delivered to us. I loved Lost

Edited on 05/27/2010 6:33am

motleylil

[7]May 27, 2010
    • level: 19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HWECQa23Cs