Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Sorry but I hate Kate

uglybetty511

[1]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 8

Yea... I hate her. words don't even begin to describe my hatred... am I alone? Sorry if there are already forums like this

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kratosgod69

[2]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 11
    lol

Kate is a SILLY character. The one time she was remotely interesting (early season 1; finding out she was DA CUFFZ) her intrigue was squandered over her slowing of the plot and Jack's infatuation with her. Then, she became the apple of Sawyer's eye, and we got on DIS MERRY-GO-ROUND

tribalchic

[3]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 17

join the club!

they need to neuter her and chain her to a big rock so she can't runaway, and can't drive the stupid triangle.

motleylil

[4]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    I have to admit I liked this character in the first 2 seasons, though she started to really piss me off at the beggining of season 3, Jack too in fact.

SludgeVohaul

[5]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 7
    I like one of Kate's alter egos, but not the other three or four or how many it is now that I've lost count! Some episodes I think Kate acts perfectly for her character, but other times it's like she's a completely different person. Unfortunately I really haven't liked her "off-island" self. So hopefully once Jack and Ben gag her, put a hood over her head, and drag her back to the island, she'll start acting like the Kate we all love and miss.

DHARMA815

[6]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    Sorry isn't good enough young man! Now wash your mouth out with soap!

SgtCashmere

[7]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 15
    I think Evangeline Lilly is a good actress... But I don't like Kate Austen very much. She rocked the show in Season 1, but she has deteriorated into a manipulative, dramatic, non-sensical attention wh*re.

kratosgod69

[8]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 11
    I think she's kind of the opposite of an attention whore actually. In truth, she isn't doing stuff to gain attention, but rather to keep it off her. She has this complex where she believes everything revolves around her, and would rather it didn't, unaware that her wish has come true...

ali_tv_fan

[9]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    Kate = too much bed hopping and girly-drama. put her in handcuffs or give her a gun. She looks too awkward with aaron too.

drog2000

[10]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    Kate Rocks!!! And thankfully she'll be there until the end! Well Hopefully anyway

TheDiamondDog

[11]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 61
    I never liked Kate. I heard a lot of buzz about the so-called hottie on the show, but when I found out it was Kate, I thought, "Really?" I was never impressed by her character; she was always super annoying. And Evangeline, having seen her on talk shows, doesn't sound very bright. Especially one appearance on Leno.

iamthelexx

[12]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    Leave Kate Alone silly. Nah, everyone to their own, I personally don't like Jack, but still. Besides, Kate was initially supposed to be the lead character, (her husband was supposed to have gone off to the loo in th eback - ala Rose and Bernard) so would your opinion have changed if this was the case? - also liking the fact that she was an extra in the Halloween remake last year (green sleeved school girl) hehe (Useless info but still) :-)
    Edited on 12/06/2008 2:44pm

tribalchic

[13]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 17

SgtCashmere wrote:
    I think Evangeline Lilly is a good actress... But I don't like Kate Austen very much. She rocked the show in Season 1, but she has deteriorated into a manipulative, dramatic, non-sensical attention wh*re.

yeah, same here.

she is a good actress and does very well with what they give her but unfortunately, theres only so much you can do with that material before it gets old and extremely annoying.

AnilThornberry

[14]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 19
    I love her. But I love "Wanted Kate" more.
    And since she's going back to the island, we'll have the old her back.

silvermoon88

[15]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    Its not about getting the characters the characters to change back to who they were season 1. Its a bout the evolution and growth of the characters as they go through the events on and off the island. They are growing into new people, hopefully increbile people, who make mistakes and stuff on the way. The growth of the characters and the way they change is a main part of the story and if you don't like it to bad its important. If they are stayed strangers with their initail problems, like sawyers bully theme and hurleys everybodies buddy, then there would be no point to any seasons after season 1.

Koume

[16]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    I love Kate, but I can understand why some people dislike her. Jack is the one that really gets on my nerves.

DrJacobi

[17]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 9

silvermoon88 wrote:
    Its not about getting the characters the characters to change back to who they were season 1. Its a bout the evolution and growth of the characters as they go through the events on and off the island. They are growing into new people, hopefully increbile people, who make mistakes and stuff on the way. The growth of the characters and the way they change is a main part of the story and if you don't like it to bad its important. If they are stayed strangers with their initail problems, like sawyers bully theme and hurleys everybodies buddy, then there would be no point to any seasons after season 1.

I completely agree, and with almost every character sometimes there are things i like and/or dont like about them as the story grows, but thats the way it goes. I will confess however that i completely despised anna lucia, she did not grow or develop as a character at all in the time that she was in it...and im quite happy that we were put out of our misery having to listen to her! when i re-watch, i litterally skip most of season 2 just so that i dont have to hear that annoying 'im a beeatch and i hate the world' tone. I usually skip to the episode where she gets shot. Nuff said.

SystemFailure88

[18]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    She's rather uninteresting but I don't know if I hate her as such. I think she's been through a lot.

uglybetty511

[19]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I hate how she's running around pretending Aron is her own...Give Claire some credit!

DHARMA815

[20]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    uglybetty511 wrote:
    I hate how she's running around pretending Aron is her own...Give Claire some credit!

Yeah, because that wouldn't complicate their story at all...