Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Sorry but I hate Kate

LadyInque

[21]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 24
    Yeah Kate its like... i dont know i prefer Sun and Juliet when she appeared on Season 3
    Does anybody think that when Juliet & Kate run from the black smoke monster it would be better if Juliet let Kate die crossing on side of the barrier and leave Kate from the other side with the monster? I dont think she has to die but i dont like her very much Sun is better and Juliet rules!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndLoveYelledNO

[22]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    They stopped developing Kate around early season 2 and sacrificed her to the shippers. That's all she's good for right now. To keep the horrible triangle going. And what kills me is that she's constantly being shoved down our throats on top of that.
    Either give the woman some depth and actual growth or leave her in the background with Steve. Let's not even go into the fact that she didn't even have to go to jail after she murdered her father in cold blood. She had the nerve to plead not guilty after never having shown any sign of remorse.
    Now she's off leading a good life while others are fighting to survive. Something is wrong with that one.

techie775

[23]Jan 4, 2009
    Kate always seemed to me like a character who goes around causing problems (blowing up her father in law, going to that funeral while on the run which resulted in getting her friend killed) and then kept wondering "why me"? She continues this crap with Jack and the other survivors by trying to make her past seem so mysterious while they open up to her. Then out of nowhere in Season 4 they make her desire to have a kid. Somehow when they get rescued she gets her record cleared and gets Aaron to pass as her kid. Kate doesn't deserve all these breaks she's gotten. I think she's my least favorite main character on the show.

major_zero25

[24]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 8
    i thought i was alone now i see there are others kate haters salute

Jeric-Ho

[25]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 34
    I dont like her either, she is annoying, she never listens and always ends up getting into trouble, kidnapped, or getting other into trouble! and she does this ALL THE TIME! will she never learn to stay put and listen!

Plonked

[26]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    OOWW, OOWW, Me,Me. I hate her too.

thenewgamer

[27]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    im with ya man, i hate kate. Shes just sooo annoying and confusing. One second she likes Sawyer, the next you see her kissing Jack. and then she broke Jacks heart when he saw Sawyer and her in the cage. And she irritated me when she got jealous seeing Jack kiss Juliet, like seriously pick!! haha, maybe this love triangle is gonna end up with Sawyer and Jack together. haha

pipinowns

[28]Jan 19, 2009
    Kate is a terrible character.

Not only do I hate everything she does, but she is horribly written. People say she is complicated, when really she just constantly changes her entire personality.

Even JJ Abrams has recognized the fact that Kate has changed her personality completely over the past few seasons. I remember reading it in an interview.

QuestionMarq

[29]Jan 19, 2009

Maybe it's because Charlie died (may he rest in peace) that I dared not think about how terrible Kate's character has developed recently. You guys bring up a good argument. I find myself skipping over her dialogue when I DVR the episodes just based on the fact that her character seems more like a nuisance rather than someone who I'd enjoy watching.

Other than how damn hot she is, she affords very little room for the rest of the cast to have a real dialogue with her character. The writers need to dramatically reasses her role otherwise she'll just be another character we can't stand.

And to the families of the victims that LOST their lives on the September 22, 2004 Oceanic Flight 815, I give my deepest condolences.

buffyTVSrox

[30]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 33
    AndLoveYelledNO wrote:
    They stopped developing Kate around early season 2 and sacrificed her to the shippers. That's all she's good for right now. To keep the horrible triangle going. And what kills me is that she's constantly being shoved down our throats on top of that.
    Either give the woman some depth and actual growth or leave her in the background with Steve.

I completely agree. I won't even get into her relationship drama, but possibly even more annoying than that is her never-ending mantra: "Run!"

"Hi, I'm Kate. I'm on the run. Childhood friend? We're great, but darn it, time for me to blow up the alcoholic and run! Oh, pretty horse, that's my cue to run! Hi, Mom! Oh, shoot, on the run some more. The marshal took the plane? Gotta make a quick run to the bank. Goodness, you're a nice man. And, bonus, I love you, your mom loves me, and the marshal agreed to stop chasing me if I stay with you. Wait, taco night and babies? Eh... not really brilliant, but I've come to the conclusion that the best decision at this point would be to drug you and run away before you get a chance to have any say in it. Hi farmer. Bye farmer. Crap, I'm stuck on an island, how do I run now? I know, I'll get around as much as possible by volunteering for every conceivable trek through the jungle, drop down the hatch, and rescue mission there is! That's like running, right? Good. Gee, maybe there's something really deep behind my running that the writers are alluding to... Maybe I'm even running because I'm trying to run from something in myself that I can never escape and have to run constantly to try. Having absolutely nothing to my character in the past and present and possibly future besides that and a tiring love triangle for four long seasons counts as adequate character depth, right? It must."

shwaguy

[31]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 11
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    AndLoveYelledNO wrote:
    Either give the woman some depth and actual growth or leave her in the background with Steve.

I completely agree. I won't even get into her relationship drama, but possibly even more annoying than that is her never-ending mantra: "Run!"

"Hi, I'm Kate. I'm on the run. Childhood friend? We're great, but darn it, time for me to blow up the alcoholic and run! Oh, pretty horse, that's my cue to run! Hi, Mom! Oh, shoot, on the run some more. The marshal took the plane? Gotta make a quick run to the bank. Goodness, you're a nice man. And, bonus, I love you, your mom loves me, and the marshal agreed to stop chasing me if I stay with you. Wait, taco night and babies? Eh... not really brilliant, but I've come to the conclusion that the best decision at this point would be to drug you and run away before you get a chance to have any say in it. Hi farmer. Bye farmer. Crap, I'm stuck on an island, how do I run now? I know, I'll get around as much as possible by volunteering for every conceivable trek through the jungle, drop down the hatch, and rescue mission there is! That's like running, right? Good. Gee, maybe there's something really deep behind my running that the writers are alluding to... Maybe I'm even running because I'm trying to run from something in myself that I can never escape and have to run constantly to try. Having absolutely nothing to my character in the past and present and possibly future besides that and a tiring love triangle for four long seasons counts as adequate character depth, right? It must."

I LOVE KATE....ALL OF YA GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))))))))))))

CleetsL

[32]Jun 28, 2011

I absolutely hate Kate...everything about her character to the actor who portrays her. If they told her to act like an annoying, manipulating, FAKE skank than that &U!*) deserves an Oscar for her performance! I swear anyone who loves her is in love with her and spends more time looking at her boobs than listening to the nuclearexcrementfuming from her big mouth. Show would be better without her character - period. Next worse character for me has got to be Michael... i'm glad he left

drlowdon

[33]Jul 2, 2011

Evangeline Lilly is far too hot for me to ever hate Kate.

julieth12003

[34]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 2

omg i also hate kate so much, i thought i was llike the onlyone...its good knowing im not

hell693

[35]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11
    How can you not like Kate she is the best female character on Lost and I would watch anything the Kate is in any movie any show anything I love the actress and I would never stop loving her if you don't like Kate I think something is wrong with you sorry if I wrote something offensive but I love Kate and don't like anyone saying something bad about her.

DavySprocket

[36]Nov 13, 2011

I don't outright hate her, but I do dislike her. Definitely one of my least favourite characters. I liked her in season 1, she was okay in season 2, and after that she started to annoy me more and more with each season. Ironically, I started to like her again in season 6, but it was too late at that point; the damage had already been done. =P

DavySprocket

[37]Nov 13, 2011
    In spite of that, though, I do really enjoy her centric episodes. "Tabula Rasa" is one of my favourites of the entire series.

chardr69

[38]Dec 30, 2011
    Kate is an idiot, whose every decision is the wrong one.

ice_edge

[39]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 13
    Nothing really wrong with her although I believe at times she her voice doesn't come strong enough.

I would like her to have some sort of dialect in order to connect more. Her voice is very bland.

But besides that, kate is pretty normal and is there like it should be.

Her best scenes are probably with James early on.

Edie70

[40]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 19
    I don't love her but I like her presence and the actress did a good job although it could've been better.