Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The entire point of the ending was.....

no80s

[1]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5

To show that these characters lived 'Happily ever after', They may not had happiness in their first life, but they will have it in the next, Them hugging each other, Forgiving each other, no more sadness, no more Frustration, no more Anger between them, Just love and compassion, It doesn't matter where they 'left', You can call it what ever you want,
    The important thing they left to a place where they will be happy and be together.

It's a beautiful ending , A happy ending, Why anyone wouldn't want that?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

judesmama

[2]May 24, 2010
    • level: 2
    It's not that we don't want that! But I'm not buying the "Its a show about people and relationships and not the mysteries, so it doesnt matter". For me and I think a lot of other people it was about both. Therefore we wanted resolutions with both. And no I don't need answers to every single question, but some resolution would have been nice.

kimchisucks

[3]May 24, 2010
    • level: 6

It was a show about mysteries. I wanted some answers. We got NONE. They went for the cheap out. Yes, the flash backs when people found each other was nice, but it didn't give closure to 7 years of questions...I bet 100 bux the writers don't even have a clue on those answers.

tv_worm

[4]May 24, 2010
    • level: 12

I mentioned this on another board but here goes: its not like people didn't like the ending. Even those people who say this was a horrible finale, liked the ending but in the context of the fact that majority of lost mysteries were left for this 2 and a half hour bonanza to solve, the fact that really none of those mysteries were even tackled was disappointing. Let me give you an example:

In last week's episode when Jacob was talking to the candidates, that was the crucial moment that a LOT of stuff could be answered (Hurley even says in the episode that Jacob wasn't all that informative). Instead, the information given was very half baked. Yet lost fans went with the explanations given because we assumed that revealing too much at that moment would ruin the twists in the finale. Twists that never showed up and therefore resolving certain mysteries there and then would be helpful. What mysteries? Here is a few I can think of the top of my head:

- what do pregnant women have to do with the island and why can't people give birth?

- why was Jacob's mom on the island and if that continues does anyone know who the first protector was?

- did the numbers cause Hurley's bad luck or did Hurley have bad luck to begin with and the numbers was just providing him with a purpose to get through the bad phase and make his way to the island (and take up his destiny as Jacob!)

thats just three questions I can think of right away, I am sure someone else will think of like 10 more questions to add to it.

mack10

[5]May 24, 2010
    • level: 3

Has anyone here ever played MGS? that game is similar to LOST in so many ways although it really isn't. In what ways you may ask? (you probably didn't ask but i'm gonna answer anyway), the game is full of mysteries and secrets and at the same full of great characters (not as great as LOSTees) and if you've played MGS4, as wonderful as the game and series was as a whole, you would've found out that the answer to all our questions was nanomachines..kind of bittersweet if you ask anyone but many people still hold that game high above many others.

For LOST, the answer to all your questions is Electromagnetism. What do pregnant women have to do with the Island and why can't they give birth? electromagnetism. Why was Jacob's mom on the Island? EM. Why was WAAAALT! special? EM. Why was there a greek god statue on the Island? EM. Why did Hurley never lose weight? well that's just because he ate like a pig cuz some things don't change.

There you have it...EM is the answer to every question (except the Hurley one)...I thought it was obvious from the pilot episode when it aired season 1.

Edited on 05/24/2010 6:43am

shwaguy

[6]May 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    mack10 wrote:

Has anyone here ever played MGS? that game is similar to LOST in so many ways although it really isn't. In what ways you may ask? (you probably didn't ask but i'm gonna answer anyway), the game is full of mysteries and secrets and at the same full of great characters (not as great as LOSTees) and if you've played MGS4, as wonderful as the game and series was as a whole, you would've found out that the answer to all our questions was nanomachines..kind of bittersweet if you ask anyone but many people still hold that game high above many others.

For LOST, the answer to all your questions is Electromagnetism. What do pregnant women have to do with the Island and why can't they give birth? electromagnetism. Why was Jacob's mom on the Island? EM. Why was WAAAALT! special? EM. Why was there a greek god statue on the Island? EM. Why did Hurley never lose weight? well that's just because he ate like a pig cuz some things don't change.

There you have it...EM is the answer to every question (except the Hurley one)...I thought it was obvious from the pilot episode when it aired season 1.

Well put. i believe they gave the answers to most questions like you said. people just dont want to accept these answers. They wanted some bizarre explanation to go "ooo thas cool" :-)

RoverGuy

[7]May 24, 2010
    • level: 9

mack10 wrote:

Has anyone here ever played MGS?

What, pray tell, is MGS? Isn't that the stuff they add to Chinese food?

Edited on 05/24/2010 7:52am

psspss2

[8]May 24, 2010
    • level: 1

it sucked.. no better then it just being a dream in jacks head. typical yanky religo rubbish spin.. good verse evil and people making amends or coming to terms with life conflicts/hurt before allowing in to heaven?? but im sure more read a lot more in to it.. most or was it all were dead in the first place.. when plane crashed on island.. island was real by looks but then why was the big dude in the church if he stayed behind.. he mus tof been dead too? all confusing religo non sense.. they should of ended it on S2 with the trap door leading to a Wii jap tunnel with a sub they had to repair to escape the island

Edited on 05/24/2010 8:00am

schlacko

[9]May 24, 2010
    • level: 15

tv_worm wrote:

- what do pregnant women have to do with the island and why can't people give birth?

- why was Jacob's mom on the island and if that continues does anyone know who the first protector was?

- did the numbers cause Hurley's bad luck or did Hurley have bad luck to begin with and the numbers was just providing him with a purpose to get through the bad phase and make his way to the island (and take up his destiny as Jacob!)

thats just three questions I can think of right away, I am sure someone else will think of like 10 more questions to add to it.

'Every question I answer will lead to another question.'

I think that may have been their way of telling you they're not going to answer every little insignificant question you can come up with.

brygdom

[10]May 24, 2010
    • level: 3
    All the mysteries of the background of the island...

The ruins, the obvious construction of the water channels in the cave, etc.
    Who did this, when, why? oh well...

mksystem74

[11]May 24, 2010
    • level: 11

brygdom wrote:
    All the mysteries of the background of the island... The ruins, the obvious construction of the water channels in the cave, etc. Who did this, when, why? oh well...

Progress. That's all it was.

buildam2005

[12]May 24, 2010
    • level: 14
    schlacko wrote:

tv_worm wrote:

'Every question I answer will lead to another question.'

I think that may have been their way of telling you they're not going to answer every little insignificant question you can come up with.

How are these questions insignificant? Particularly with the pregnancy question, that's pretty big--it was the reason for Claire's abduction, Juliet's presence on the island in the first place, etcetera. There are some pretty big mysteries that were emphasized and then never paid off.

Such as: why did Christian appear to Claire in season four in the first place? What, EXACTLY, was the point of having her go crazy and live alone for three years on the island? It's not like she did anything productive in season six except stand around holding a gun and then cry every now and then. Pointless plot turn except to create the mystery of "where's Claire and why'd she leave."

To the above posters, it's just not fair to say "electromagnetism did it." Oh really? Can you be more specific please? What is the functional mechanism of the electromagnetism that has caused several entirely unrelated things. If you can explain how EM causes pregnancy to kill the mother--but only after 1977, not before--based on what happened in the show as evidence, I'll buy it. And how EM causes a person to turn into a smoke monster. And travel back in time while in an airplane 30,000 feet above said electromagnetism. And send someone forward in time several months and to Tunisia when one turns a frozen wheel toward the electromagnetism (and if the EM somehow explains how the wheel got frozen in the first place when it wasn't cold or freezing where it was at during its original construction, that'd be great).

I'm all for focus on characters, and in the end, we got some pay off there, so that's fine. But you can't just ignore your plot. To be really successful, a show has to weave the two together in significant, interesting ways. And by the end, it was clear that Lost didn't care about doing that.

tv_worm

[13]May 24, 2010

mack10 wrote:

Wow I think you should read that explanation again. Imagine if someone comes to this board and asks "Is Lost worth it? Do they give answers to all those question I have been hearing about?" and they read that paragraph, they will think the show is ridiculous and will wonder why so many of us are crazy enough to recommend it to other people. Can you imagine telling someone that lost is all about electromagnetism? it makes people get miscarriages, gives people powers, brings random moms to the island, makes greek statues and destroys planes in its free time. I dont think I will play MGS because quite frankly the game sounds ridiculous and your explanation is making Lost sound ridiculous.

Megaman200798

[15]May 24, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'm fine with the way they concluded the stories of the main characters but I'm very disappointed about all of the questions they left unanswered about the island ect.

HolyPenguin

[16]May 24, 2010
    Why anyone wouldn't want to see a place where they will be happy and be together? Because it's stupid!
    Lost used to be an intelligent show, but this not real world is insulting. I don't want the characters will be happy at the end, life isn't happy, and death surly isn't. I wanted the finale to close some big questions that are still remaining. Whoever died - died...

inlovewithalion

[17]May 24, 2010
    • level: 5

Lost the journey was great the desination a one night stay at a run down cheap ass motel thats infested with cockroaches!! Awh yeah its lovely they all found happiness together blah blah..... yeah it was a nice ending but they could of ended it with actually answering at least one of the billion questions they asked during the perious 6 seasons. The ending was to much of ahappy ending (well sort of if you count jack dieing happy which some people will) yet i find it was aneasy way out for the writers. More than likely it was impossible to end it answering all the questiones asked and more realistically they hadnt a clue what does answers could be to begin with so instead of coming up with lame ass answers or no answers at all they thoughtlets end on a happy note (for few lostees the fact jack died would be a happy note id be more satisfied if he hadnt died and kate had or they finallygot together)!! But its over now and i know theres no point in complaining! Yet i will say this, i dont think ive wasted the last six years my life for a total let down, yes theending was i think one of the worst episodes ever yet the journey to the ending was memoriable and at times unforgettable and thats the stuff ill remember about this great show (that and Josh Holloway topless). So lost you live on in my heart even though you may have bruised it with are terrible break-up.

poulters

[18]May 24, 2010
    • level: 18

Like many I was disappointed with so many unanswered questions and why did some make it to the end and others didn't my unanswered questions are

why wasn't jin and sun baby at the end, when claire's baby was?

What happened to Walt and his father(michael), Miles, Eloise, Richard, Charles Widmore, Ana Lucia Cortez, Alex Rousseau, Jacob, Danielle Rousseau if everyone who met at th end was dead and heading for heaven why weren't these people there

What was the DHARMA project and what was its purpose

How did everyone get to the "sideways" reality where thy didn't remember the island and why was it Hurley andDesmond who "woke" them up

daytonagator

[19]May 24, 2010
    • level: 2

here is the problem I am seeing...everyone wants answers to THEIR questions. If they had answered EVERY question the season finale would have taken a whole season to answer. Some people on these forums...."just dont want to let go". LOL. Give it up. They answered a lot of questions. If you think you can do better, write your own scripts and make your own tv show. I for one thought it was fantastic. So a few questions werent answered. Some of the questions being asked now, I hadnt even thought of WHY such and such couldnt or didnt happen.

As Christian said, "some people died before, some now and some after". So everyone was finally dead and they passed on together. They grew so close on the island they didnt want to cross over without each other. There is no TIME in the after life. Thats why everyone was together at the same time.

There were a couple missing in the final crossover and the only reason I can think of that is, that those people werent tight knit like these guys. Walt, Michael, Frank, and I dont believe Miles was at the final crossover.

HolyPenguin

[20]May 24, 2010
    poulters wrote:

What happened to Walt and his father(michael), Miles, Eloise, Richard, Charles Widmore, Ana Lucia Cortez, Alex Rousseau, Jacob, Danielle Rousseau if everyone who met at th end was dead and heading for heaven why weren't these people there

Man, you forgot Mr Eko. Why does everyone forgets Mr Eko...
    And about Richard and Jacob, they were born many years ago, so they couldn't appear in this time.
    I also wonder why Frank was never mentioned in the flash-sideways. He was even a main character in season 6. Was he mentioned? Maybe I forgot.