• level: 21
    athevolunteer wrote:
    DoctorYoda wrote:
    tripping82 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

All of those are funny!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ackermaniv

[42]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

it kills me a little inside knowing that every day we are becoming more and more like fans at the heroes forum.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I watched Heroes last night. It sucks.

yeah, Heroes did suck last night.

yeah-- it wasn't great. but it was still better than most of their other episodes (especially since the break)

athevolunteer

[43]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 20
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

it kills me a little inside knowing that every day we are becoming more and more like fans at the heroes forum.

yeah-- it wasn't great. but it was still better than most of their other episodes (especially since the break)

Company Man would've been a better cliffhanger.

ackermaniv

[44]Mar 6, 2007
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

i actually thought the peter dying thing was better.

but honestly, the actor who plays syler is absolutely terrible. and lindermon--wtf.

seriously, the people that cast heroes deserve to be shot. so do the writers

Leah_Rose

[45]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 32
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

but honestly, the actor who plays syler is absolutely terrible. and lindermon--wtf.

THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it better myself!

MetroidSA-X

[46]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 20
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Ya kidding me? Heroes was awesome last night!

Stupac34

[47]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Woah, woah, woah... Don't knock Malcolm McDowell. Some people may not realize it, but the actor that was cast as Linderman is the same actor who portrayed Alex in the film A Clockwork Orange. Malcolm McDowell is an awesome actor. He did a great job as Linderman last night, and I think he is another casting coup for an ever-improving secondary cast for Heroes (along with George Takai, Eric Roberts and Christopher Eccleston).

clarkparker

[48]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    Stupac34 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Woah, woah, woah... Don't knock Malcolm McDowell. Some people may not realize it, but the actor that was cast as Linderman is the same actor who portrayed Alex in the film A Clockwork Orange. Malcolm McDowell is an awesome actor. He did a great job as Linderman last night, and I think he is another casting coup for an ever-improving secondary cast for Heroes (along with George Takai, Eric Roberts and Christopher Eccleston).

Couldn't agree more.  And by the way, I don't think they're going for realism in the Sylar character.  Like Hiro is supposed to be the archetype of the struggling hero (ie. Peter Parker), Sylar is supposed to be the quintessential bad guy, the sociopath.  Some of these characters are meant to be exaggerated versions of people, that's what they're going for.  In the golden age of comic books, the dialogue was very hokey, and that's what Heroes is trying to capture with some of its characters.  I think we've learned with the Organization that there are bigger things going on here (villain-wise) than Sylar.

ackermaniv

[49]Mar 6, 2007
    clarkparker wrote:
    Stupac34 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Couldn't agree more.  And by the way, I don't think they're going for realism in the Sylar character.  Like Hiro is supposed to be the archetype of the struggling hero (ie. Peter Parker), Sylar is supposed to be the quintessential bad guy, the sociopath.  Some of these characters are meant to be exaggerated versions of people, that's what they're going for.  In the golden age of comic books, the dialogue was very hokey, and that's what Heroes is trying to capture with some of its characters.  I think we've learned with the Organization that there are bigger things going on here (villain-wise) than Sylar.

stupac-- i never said he was a bad actor-- i just said that he didn't seem to play the part well. it's just that linderman has been painted to be some fear invoking, powerful man, but nothing about that performance frightened me in the slightest.

and clark-- i see what you're getting at, but there is a point at which it becomes too 'comic-booky'. i understand it wants to stay 'true to its roots', but that doesn't mean that they can just completely ignore good writing and more realistic acting

Edited on 03/06/2007 7:26pm

Stupac34

[50]Mar 6, 2007
    clarkparker wrote:
    Stupac34 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Couldn't agree more. And by the way, I don't think they're going for realism in the Sylar character. Like Hiro is supposed to be the archetype of the struggling hero (ie. Peter Parker), Sylar is supposed to be the quintessential bad guy, the sociopath. Some of these characters are meant to be exaggerated versions of people, that's what they're going for. In the golden age of comic books, the dialogue was very hokey, and that's what Heroes is trying to capture with some of its characters. I think we've learned with the Organization that there are bigger things going on here (villain-wise) than Sylar.

I definitely agree with you. I think people that criticize the acting/writing/casting in Heroes aren't familiar enough the comic book mythos. And if you think Heroes is bad, just look at all the superhero movies out there (with a few exceptions like Spider-Man and Batman Begins). They are downright awful. I'm talking about the Ghost Riders, the Punishers, the Daredevils, the Elektras, the Fantastic Fours, the post-Keaton-pre-Bale Batmans, the Blade Trinity's, the Hulks, the Catwomans, the X-Men 3's of the world... Heroes blows all of them out of the water, but it also stays true to that classic comic book formula.

Stupac34

[51]Mar 6, 2007
    ackermaniv wrote:
    clarkparker wrote:
    Stupac34 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:
    Leah_Rose wrote:
    jamesx32 wrote:
    ackermaniv wrote:

ya know...

Couldn't agree more. And by the way, I don't think they're going for realism in the Sylar character. Like Hiro is supposed to be the archetype of the struggling hero (ie. Peter Parker), Sylar is supposed to be the quintessential bad guy, the sociopath. Some of these characters are meant to be exaggerated versions of people, that's what they're going for. In the golden age of comic books, the dialogue was very hokey, and that's what Heroes is trying to capture with some of its characters. I think we've learned with the Organization that there are bigger things going on here (villain-wise) than Sylar.

stupac-- i never said he was a bad actor-- i just said that he didn't seem to play the part well. linderman has been painted to be some fear invoking, powerful man. nothing about that performance frightened me in the slightest.

I think he did a great job. He was only on screen for maybe 2 minutes, and he owned those scenes. He certainly seemed powerful in his ability to manipulate and enchant Nathan. I wasn't blown away by the dialogue (as I rarely am by Heroes), but I think Malcolm McDowell did the best with the material he had. As far as him being right for the part, I'd say he's a better fit than Michael Emerson (post Henry Gale) in his diabolical leadership role.

Malcolm McDowell has that perfect devious, conniving charm that I think would make him a great supervillain (if that's in fact where the Linderman character is heading). He may not have been what you were expecting, but I don't think you should blame the actor for the writer's taking the character in a different direction.

DoctorYoda

[52]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 14
    athevolunteer wrote:
    DoctorYoda wrote:
    tripping82 wrote:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

ManOfScience118

[53]Mar 6, 2007
    Which one has the secret code inside!?

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 03/06/2007 10:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Mr_Dutchiee

[54]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 13

I'm gonna Say spoiler Number 14.......What Do I win!

ManOfScience118

[55]Mar 6, 2007
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:

Your dignity.

Mr_Dutchiee

[56]Mar 6, 2007
    ManOfScience118 wrote:
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:

Your dignity.

DAMN! I wanted a taco

ManOfScience118

[57]Mar 6, 2007
    PeasantLoser234 wrote:
    A God in Human Form wrote:
    PeasantLoser234 wrote:

Your dignity.

DAMN! I wanted a taco

Two muffins are in the oven. One muffin says to another, "It's burning in here, don't ya think!?"

The other muffin turns to our original muffin and says
    ***SPOILER***
    Edited on 03/06/2007 11:12pm

Stupac34

[58]Mar 6, 2007
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:
    ManOfScience118 wrote:
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:

Your dignity.

DAMN! I wanted a taco

Mr_Dutchiee

[59]Mar 6, 2007
    Stupac34 wrote:
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:
    ManOfScience118 wrote:
    Mr_Dutchiee wrote:

Your dignity.

DAMN! I wanted a taco

LOL thanks for that stupac!

Stupac34

[60]Mar 6, 2007
    Looking through all those pictures to find the perfect taco made me hella hungry. Isn't Taco Bell open late so I can eat great?